[Germany] The Meistertrainerforum.de advanced German league update

The long-awaited German update has nearly made it to release status. Here's one beta, which hopefully will be the last before a Christmas 1.0 release:

http://www.filefront.com/17656021/Deutsche-Oberligen-b76.dbc/

Please test this beta and report bugs so that the 1.0 release will be as good as possible.

Unlike other German updates floating around the web, this one is created using the advanced panels to recreate all the subtleties of the real life pyramid down to the 5th level.

Features:

- Accurate 5th tier, including promotion playoff for the Oberliga Hamburg, Bremen, and Schleswig-Holstein

- All 21 regional cups, with the winners qualifying for the following season's national cup

- Real-life U19 Bundesliga with three divisions and champions playoff, as well as a U19 Regional league with 9 groups for the tier below

- B-Teams below the 5th tier can eventually get promoted to a playable division

- Lower Saxony league adjusts from 20 teams with 5 relegation spots to 18 teams and 3 relegation spots in the second season

Known Issues:

- Werder Bremen III has been removed from the game and replaced with a different team in the Bremen league. That's a conscious decision to avoid minor AI issues. It would be possible to have Bremen III but there are various reasons why it might be better not to bother

- The three northern divisions of Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen, and Hamburg frequently get a promoted team that doesn't belong there regionally. However, even after 20+ years of simulation the number of misplaced teams typically doesn't exceed 2 or 3. Better regionalization of teams is the main focus for the final release.

- Bankrupt team SpVgg Weiden has not yet been removed from the league, but burdened with a 30 point deduction instead. This may change in the final release.

- League history for U19 Champions Playoff is not recorded

- Awards for lower leagues have not been added yet, but will be for the 1.0 release

- During pre-season, the header in the squad screen will mention a position in the regional cup instead of the league position, but once the league starts it'll sort itself out.

- Even if you're no longer qualified to play in a regional cup because the team is in the upper divisions, the board still assumes you're taking part in them and has expectations. I'm not sure it can be solved, but the good news is that they always see them as irrelevant, so you won't get punished.

Excellent, I'll be definitely trying this out!

In terms of your 2nd known issue, I found a similar thing with the English leagues but when I used the 'retain all players from nation - England' when starting a new game this helped to reduce the randomness of the league sorting as for some reason the game wasn't retaining all clubs in the tier below the lowest active division.

Excellent, I'll be definitely trying this out!

In terms of your 2nd known issue, I found a similar thing with the English leagues but when I used the 'retain all players from nation - England' when starting a new game this helped to reduce the randomness of the league sorting as for some reason the game wasn't retaining all clubs in the tier below the lowest active division.

The clubs are all there, even on the smallest DB size, so that's not really the reason. The problem is that the game selects the promoted teams from non-playable divisions by reputation, so frequently the promoted teams don't fit neatly in the available regional divisions and teams get shuffled around. We've had this same issue last year and there are some things you can do to minimize these effects, which will be worked on extensively for the final release.

You can reduce the reputation gap for all non-division clubs. If they have a similar reputation (in a range of +-50) there is a better chance that the game will chose the right ones to fill-up the regional divisions.

Think I might have found a small bug... If I take control of SC Preussen Münster, who are in Regionalliga West, the squad screen says I'm "13th in Krombacher Pokal Westfalen", which seems to be a cup competition the team is in. It should say Regionalliga West surely?

This is a great database. Not only to play in Geman lower leagues, but also as a role model of how to get a pyramid structure working in the advanced editor. I will study this database thoroughly and try to reproduce the advanced rules for my own database, the Dutch league structure.

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Thanks for this. I had made my own German DB, but while I know some German, I don't know enough too do all the research for all the regional cups ect. I'm looking forward to v1 release!

A few things:

FC Bremerhaven in the Bremen liga should have a 9 point reduction (for financial irregularities I believe)

RB Leipzig's stadium has changed its name from the Zentralstadion to Red Bull Arena.

This may be more a matter of opinion, but I believe RB Leipzig should have a front end sugar daddy. Red Bull are going to be throwing money at Leipzig until they are in the Bundesliga, and have stated that Bundesliga football within 8-10 years is their aim, on more than one occasion.

If I find anything else I will let you know. ;D

I suppose that is correct.

What about the claim that II teams in the inactive divisions can get promoted? My DB didn't seem to do this, and I have tested the Meistertrainerforum.de one all night and it doesn't seem to be doing it either...

Regardless, I will let you know if I find anything else ;D

Edit:

Oh yes, RB Leipzig again - For some reason they pay £1 per year for stadium rent XD. I think this may have been a typo on SI's part, and it is possible it is suppose to be -1 so it will be a random value. I think anyway.

I've tried the promotion part by setting the reputation of a second team to be the highest reputation of the non-league teams and sure enough they get promoted. How to raise the reputation of a team that doesn't play games through actual game mechanics however, I have no idea.

The reputation can only gain through matches. But it will also only decrease through matches. If you set the reputation of non-league clubs high enough they will have a higher reputation than the relegated teams.

The main problem in the game is that most of the relegated clubs will come back within 2 or 3 seasons, because their reputation is still higher than the rep of the non league clubs.

I made dozen of tests in my custom league file and the only way to bring more variety into promotion is to rise the rep. of all non league clubs next to the rep. of the clubs playing in the lowest active league.

In a fantasy file it is also possible to add non-league cups.

Thanks dale watkins

I'll try it today...

Known Issues:

- The three northern divisions of Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen, and Hamburg frequently get a promoted team that doesn't belong there regionally. However, even after 20+ years of simulation the number of misplaced teams typically doesn't exceed 2 or 3. Better regionalization of teams is the main focus for the final release.

that's a pity...

leagues aren't flexible .

"min" & "max" number of teams...are useless.

there is no solution with regional issues, until SI allows "dynamic leagues".

Hey guys im definitely interested in this db as i had a really fun and successful save on fm10 with RB Leipzig and wish to do so again. Does anyone know when v 1.0 will be released? i read hopefully Christmas but a date would be nice :p

OK guys, I don't know if this is a 11.2 original database error or an error with the update, but striker Kevin Scherer of Schermbeck has had his birth year digits switched around. He's not 52 years old (as he is on my game) but 25 years old... http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/kevin-scherer/profil/spieler_31286.html

The amazing Dale Watkins had found some little issues with the latest file so had to start from a previous beta status. But as far as I know the final release isn't too far anymore. Now most of the problems regarding conflicts with the editor tool version seem to be solved. That is my latest info. He will surely leave a message here as soon as he can say more about the current status.

Thank you very much for sharing! The fact that you created this using advanced rules means anyone can edit the leagues' rules very easily. In my case, I'm trying to play a save where all of the leagues have a zero foreigner rule. So you just saved me from having to do this for Germany.

Other than MT90's Brazilian leagues, has anyone else re-created any leagues using the advanced editor? You can find a very primitive version of Italy's and Spain's here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248391-Re-created-leagues-thread I've started a thread where we can collect all of these so that any time someone wants to edit a leagues' rules they can do so easily.

This is a great database. Not only to play in Geman lower leagues, but also as a role model of how to get a pyramid structure working in the advanced editor.

Thank you very much for sharing!!

I don't see anything when I open the file in the editor. Do I need the advanced panel for this file to be displayed correctly in the editor?

• 2 weeks later...
Any reason for this been saved as a dbc file? I renamed it a xml files after downloading it?

You don't have to rename it, just put the dbc file into the editor folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately The Amazing Dale Watkins hasn't responded yet to private messages and emails. So he might have lost interest in this db? Albeit he is still active here. :(

If you want to try another German dbs, you can test two different dbs:

Oberligafile by ThomasH

Original thread: http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,12858.0.html

Current Downloadlink: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3250764/editor-data.rar.html

Features: Playable down to level 5, youth leagues, winter transfers, original fixture schedule AND the option of a LIVE feature, which means you can start in february 2011 with the current standings (of course only in Germany)!

Verbandsligen by Gorxas

Original thread: http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,12663.0.html

Current Downloadlink: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3140761/GorxBase_v3.2.dbc.html

Features: Playable down to level 6, lower league cups and some special features

Both files are playable only with patch 11.2.1. And please choose either ThomasH or Gorxas update. Don't activate/use both files at the same time to avoid conflicts!

Installation

Extract the files here:

...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data

• 2 months later...
;6800781']Please use ThomasH's file. It is the most tested and most accurate file for German lower leagues:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260757-GERMAN-DIVISIONS-DOWN-TO-LEVEL-5-(Advanced-Panel-File)

The only fault i could find with this was the fact it changed the countries into German and the team names, apart from that looks very good

• 3 months later...

I've recently found a bug with this.

After the first season, Bayern Munich (who won the league) were then allocated in to Regionalliga Sud for some bizarre reason, thus leaving the Bundesliga with just 17 clubs. Also, a team I began to manage ebfore the start of the second season (Kleve) were removed from one of the Oberligas, despite finishing 9th. I had no other choice but to resign. :(

The link that Octavianus posted points to an older version of the file.

So I will update the Link here :

The new Version's of my file are all 100% Bugfree (meanwhile i nearly can garanty this)

There is still one problem for english players.

The names (especially Nation Names and some club names) will switch to German..even if you use the english language

This mainly is a personal-file i just programmed for myself and then felt "why not

share it to other users"...so i didn't care much about languages.

----------------------------------------------------------

Actually i have 3 Versions of the file :

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3435079/editor-data177.rar.html : SEASON 2010/2011

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3551255/editor-data180.rar.html : SEASON 2011/2012

and

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3636487/editor-data-2.0.rar.html: SEASON 2011/2012 + German Regionalliga Reallocation 2012/2013 (BETA)

----------------------------------------------------------

They are all bugfree while the last version is the newest (and my favorite) but has still Beta-Status for some finetuning.

If i have the time and i have the feeling that the interest is big enough i could do an english version

p.s. to play the 2011/2012 seasons you need to use the ABC.Premiershipfile (which is included in the rar) and then start the game via NewZealand in May 2011...then simulate the game until June 20th 2011...the leagues will then switch to the original 2011/2012

leagues cause my database uses the original standings from 10/11

Transfers will be updated on July 1th

If you just want to play a 2010/2011 season i recommend the first file cause i uncontracted many players for the season 2011/2012

• 1 month later...

Archived