moving Celtic to the npower championship

robso_d

Aye, I did that. I swapped the old firm for a teams in the championship but when I started the game the only competition I wasn't in was the english league cup. In fact the english league cup hadn't started at all! I went back into the editor to see if I could swap the teams about in the english league cup but couldn't see any... :(

Did you check to make sure that Celtic and Rangers have their country in the editor set to England rather than Scotland? I'm not sure if changing their active league is enough. Sorry if this seems obvious, but it's one I've missed in the past!

Cheers for answering Mark, noticed that in the past as well but the new editor changes the nation for you. The only thing I can think of is changing the region of the league cup. If anyone else has any suggestions I would be most appreciative!

I seem to made some kind of error appear. Now when I try to start a new game (doesn't matter if its from the original 11.1 patch DB or my edited DB) the english leagues are greyed out and theres a warning that when I hover over it tells me that "team found in npower championship with wrong nation set". I checked in the editor and there doesn't seem to be a problem. :(

Scratch that, it is with the edited DB. Which is weird as I started a game with the old firm in the championship and it worked fine apart from the lack of english league cup participation. :S

Covering myself in glory today, error was caused by a duplicate of a team I swaped to go into the spl finding its way into the championship! :S

Not sure what the reason is but I can confirm my team celtic aren't in the league cup. Hoping they can play in it next season like you say. The big issue was that the league cup wasn't even starting!?! Fixed that though, thank fook! I'll let you know what happens next season.

Archived