Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal Thread Footies - Hope i added it up right

Player of the Season

Winner Kolo Toure

Runner Up Thierry Henry

Worst Player of the Season

Winner Alex Song

Runner Up Jose Reyes

Most Improved Player of the Season

Winner Emmanuel Eboue

Runner Up Philip Senderos/Cesc Fabregas

Player who underachieved

Winner Jose Reyes

Runner Up Robert Pires

Worst Signing of the Season

Winner Alex Song

Runner Up The Squirrel

Best Signing of the Season

Winner Alex Hleb

Runner Up Abou Diaby

Best Result of the Season

Winner Arsenal 2-0 Juventus

Runner Up Real 0-1 Arsenal

Worst Result of the Season

Winner Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

Runner Up Cl final

Most difficult match of the season

Winner Arsenal-Villareal CL semi

Runner Up CL final

Match we lost but should have won

Winner Cl final

Runner Up West Brom 2-1 Arsenal

Match we won but should have lost

Winner Thun 0-1 Arsenal

Runner Up Arsenal-Villareal CL semi

Goal of the Season

Winner Van persie vs blackburn at highbury

Runner Up Henry v Madrid away

Assist of the season

Winner adebayor VS Charlton

Runner Up Cesc vs. Liverpool

Player you would most want us to sign for next season

Winner Fernando Torres

Runner Up

Henry

Diarra

Martins

Tim Cahill

Gattuso

Ribery

Zigic

Nigel Reo-Coker

Most Disappointing Moment of the Season

Winner CL Final

Runner Up **** all

Best arsenal poster (in general)

Winner Ratinho

Runner Up Father Senegal

Best arsenal Thread Poster

Winner Father Senegal

Runner Up

Cesc Fabregas the Phenom

Wycombe

Asmodeus

H.O.V.I

Most improved arsenal poster this season

Winner H.O.V.I/<STRIKE>goon</STRIKE>

Runner Up Asmodeus

Arsenal poster with most potential for next season

Winner Goon

Runner Up ajw10

Overrated Arsenal poster this year

Winner Father Senegal icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Nah, i'll survive.

And I was clearly kidding ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was confused about what fo to meant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

Yeah, **** off lads. I used to be the reasonable arsenal poster.

*****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't worry mate i am treated with contempt by these guys, they all think i am a joke icon_frown.gif

father senegal does not like me icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

pfft, you'll never be as loved as you are here.

Hmm, sounded better in my head that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sounds so sad

Yeah, wasn't meant to sound quite so bleak icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have become a laughing stock icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nr. 10:

Hello! I am arsenal supporter. Nice to meet everybody. Excuse me, my English is still in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should try out for the arsenal team then icon_wink.gif

welcome.....dont talk to Ratinho....unless you have cheese

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nr. 10:

Hello! I am arsenal supporter. Nice to meet everybody. Excuse me, my English is still in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

welcome, where are you from?

Hello! I am arsenal supporter. Nice to meet everybody. Excuse me, my English is still in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey dude, where you from?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">welcome.....dont talk to Ratinho....unless you have cheese </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You portuguese Pires777 mate? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

when you get into Arseblog its actually not bad, father could probably get you in as they are accepting reccomendations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get me in damnit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UELLfan:

Could you lot stop nicking Barça's promising 17 year old midfielders? First Cesc and now Fran icon_mad.gif

Invest in a proper youth setup FFS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not our fault its there own short comings tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UELLfan:

Could you lot stop nicking Barça's promising 17 year old midfielders? First Cesc and now Fran icon_mad.gif

Invest in a proper youth setup FFS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We steal them before they're seventeen.

Arsene prefers his pre-pubescents remember.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

You should try out for the arsenal team then icon_wink.gif

welcome.....dont talk to Ratinho....unless you have cheese </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

welcome, where are you from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Hello! I am arsenal supporter. Nice to meet everybody. Excuse me, my English is still in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey dude, where you from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(I hope this qoute thing goes well.)

I am from Estonia

• SI Staff

Bobby definately gone now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pires moves on from Arsenal

Robert Pires has ended his Arsenal career by signing a two-year deal with Villarreal.

The French midfielder has graced the Highbury turf for six seasons and had been hoping to extend his stay with the North London giants.

Pires had been hankering after a two-year deal, but Arsene Wenger refused to shift from his policy of only offering 12-month contracts to players over the age of 30.

Villarreal came calling earlier in the year and Pires agreed to the move following the UEFA Champions League final.

The 32-year-old has signed a two-year deal and will look to help Villarreal improve on a disappointing campaign in La Liga.

"I am delighted to agree this deal with Villarreal and hope I will be able to help them build on their impressive achievements of the last two years," Pires was quoted as saying on the club's website.

The Yellow Submarines did not mirror their superb efforts in the Champions League on the domestic front and Pires' capture will be viewed as a key summer move.

Arsenal have already moved to offset the loss of Pires by bringing in Czech wizard Tomas Rosicky, but the loss of a player who helped bring league and cup success to The Gunners will be keenly felt.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pires joins Villarreal after six-year stay at Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club can today confirm the departure of midfielder Robert Pires to Spanish side Villarreal CF.

Pires, 32, made a total of 284 appearances for the Club in all competitions in his six seasons at Highbury, scoring 84 goals.

One of only five Arsenal players to have won the Football Writers’ Player of the Year award (2002), Robert has been instrumental to the Club’s success since his arrival in the summer of 2000; helping the team to two league titles in 2002 and 2004 as well as picking up two FA Cup winners’ medals in 2003 where he scored the winning goal and in 2005. Robert was also a key member of the record-breaking “Invincibles†side that went 49 games unbeaten.

Of the move Robert said: “After six wonderful years at Arsenal, full of fantastic moments, I have decided to accept a new challenge at Villarreal for the next two years of my career. I am very grateful to Arsène Wenger, the players and all the fans for their amazing support over the yearsâ€

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “Robert has had six tremendous years with us and made a huge contribution to the team’s success during his time here. He is not only a great footballer but a good man, so of course, we are sad to see him go. It’s difficult to pick out one or two highlights but he was superb in our double winning season during the 2001/02 campaign and contributed hugely to our unbeaten season with 19 goals. I would like to thank Robert for the dedication, determination and passion he has shown and wish him well in his career.â€

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to wish Robert the best of luck and continued success for the future.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great great player for Arsenal, struggled at the start but towards the end of the 2000/1 season you could see he was going to be class, and the following season he was simply fantastic.

Top five moments in no particular order

1. The goal away to Villa, supreme skill to get past the defender, then such an arrogant chip from a position where he had no right to try it.

2. FA Cup final winner v Southampton, not a classic Bob goal, but a vital one.

3. The FA Cup semi winner v Spurs in 2001, a tap in but a reminder of what a knack he had of scoring against those mugs.

4. First goal for Arsenal, away at Lazio, outpaced the defender and curled it into the top corner

5. A goal against Leeds in the 5-0 win in 2004, classic Pires.

Good luck old chap

Archived