Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Well done Arsenal. Good luck in the rest of the CL. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Well done Arsenal. Good luck in the rest of the CL. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers fella. You've still got your poker money. icon_smile.gif

Maybe. icon_biggrin.gif

Now lads, we can all do the happy dance in here.

/o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.P.E.L.E.S.S.:

don't like it icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love you man. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i aim to please icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rdysn5:

managed to stay positive icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people don't believe that i have changed icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one mido (ahmed hossam):

please can you lot just not win the CL? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it'd be the best consolation ever tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one mido (ahmed hossam):

it would be all the sweater if we win it and you finish 4th

If we finish 4th aswell, it'll be less of a dissapointment. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Won't win it.. honestly can't see past Barca or Milan for the trophy

But well played today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you never know though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.P.E.L.E.S.S.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

you never know though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course. But the chances are you won't win it.

you never know though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course. But the chances are you won't win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dunno i think if we can get to the semis i have a feeling we can do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

benfica or villareal please

although we always do ok against italian opposition

barca would be very hard

lyon i have no idea about, houllier :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you see i don't want one of the so called easy teams. i want a game to really get up for.

Odd, got word (a text from a mate) that Henry is doubtful for the game on Sunday.

Hopefully thats horse and I'll beat him on Friday when I see him for lying to me.

I'm far too excited at the moment, my head is just spinning round in sheer delight. Now to transfer something like this form for the last 10 games in the league.

P.S. You do know we'll get Barca next round icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Odd, got word (a text from a mate) that Henry is doubtful for the game on Sunday.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that might be the case - he always seems to pick these small niggling injuries up. When he went down late on I thought he had just been winded or something as he wasnt really limping.

you see i don't want one of the so called easy teams. i want a game to really get up for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't get up for a CL quarter final unless you play the favourites?

Stupidity

you see i don't want one of the so called easy teams. i want a game to really get up for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't get up for a CL quarter final unless you play the favourites?

Stupidity </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never said that ffs

paul merson has officially retired from football

fb imo was my favourite arsenal player for a long time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I remember when I was really young, and they used to show inddor youth tournaments on TV, I think on saturday afternoons...?

Curse my memory. Anyway, we had a great side- I remember Merse was in it, as was Tone, and I think Rocky was as well.

Merse was the star player in the annual 5-a- side tournament at Wembley Arena c. 1987/88. Maybe that's what you mean Asmodeus. If so, it was midweek, and wasn't a youth tournament... it's just GG put a young side out.

That's the first time I saw him play I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I remember Merson debut icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the programme or tournament name of the youth competitions they used to show on terrestrial TV?

I'm sure they were indoor, but my memory was abysmal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

Merse was the star player in the annual 5-a- side tournament at Wembley Arena c. 1987/88. Maybe that's what you mean Asmodeus. If so, it was midweek, and wasn't a youth tournament... it's just GG put a young side out.

That's the first time I saw him play I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was it I think- were Rocky and Tone in the same side?

I'd only have been seven or eight then- please forgive my wee memory...

I was at sixth-form then... icon_redface.gif It was shown on Sportsnight and yes, I think Rocky and Tone played as well.

I used to go to that tournament when I was at school (I specifically remember George Wood, our reserve keeper playing a blinder in one of the ones in the early 80's).

My memory sucks as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

I was at sixth-form then... icon_redface.gif It was shown on Sportsnight and yes, I think Rocky and Tone played as well.

I used to go to that tournament when I was at school (I specifically remember George Wood, our reserve keeper playing a blinder in one of the ones in the early 80's).

My memory sucks as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for confirming my sanity.

It reminds me of being at my grandmother's flat, god rest her soul. icon_frown.gif

I remember everyone going on about this new kid who looked outstanding at that tournament (I think we won it)... and it was Merse. I used to go to all the games then, but I don't remember Merse's debut specifically.

I used to go when I was about 10 or 11 and be disappointed that most of the stars weren't playing.

Brian McDermot - that's a blast from the past. A man who was the next big thing... but ended up being rubbish.

It was the Wembley Fives or something... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasnt there also the soccer sixes or something, held in Birmingham, sure I remember Merse being awesome in that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

It was the Wembley Fives or something... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasnt there also the soccer sixes or something, held in Birmingham, sure I remember Merse being awesome in that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soccer Sixes rings a bell.

Hell, you know what my memory is like! icon_biggrin.gif

how old are you Asmodeus if you don't mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the Merson post - I'm guessing exactly... 27.

He keeps changing his mind about his age so who knows?

how old are you Asmodeus if you don't mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the Merson post - I'm guessing exactly... 27.

He keeps changing his mind about his age so who knows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats why i am asking icon_biggrin.gif

the last time i thought he seemed around 35 but he said he was 18 but that would be impossible if he remembers this merson stuff

Archived