Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Clear penalty not given. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't see it then. Never a penalty in my opinion. After the Arsenal games I've seen recently, I'm amazed they're as high as they are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

poor troll keyser, maybe should concentrate on your own teams shortcomings on and off the field and the fact your fans are causing the moral fibre of the english game to break apart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaha is that the best comeback you have? icon_biggrin.gif

No Champions League football for the Emirates next season :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CKKJ:

Hahaha Unlucky boys! I pedict Blackburn Spurs and Bolton to finsh above you this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for that insight mystic meg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drunkrob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Clear penalty not given. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't see it then. Never a penalty in my opinion. After the Arsenal games I've seen recently, I'm amazed they're as high as they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't watch it, going by the exact words of the SS crew.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

ok i've just looked at spurs run in and it looks ****ing hard for them, chelsea, newcastle, everton, arsenal and west ham are tricky away games for a good team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, we have a tricky run in. Personally I think we have dropped silly points and wasted the opportunity to secure 4th, though I wasn't expecting Arsenal to be this bad.

I have a feeling Defoe's disallowed goal against Bolton is going to cost us as well.

poor troll keyser, maybe should concentrate on your own teams shortcomings on and off the field and the fact your fans are causing the moral fibre of the english game to break apart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

not really, blackburn, west ham, wigan aren't contenders, they will fall away.

bolton maybe, but as i said in the spurs thread, they have a very tricky run of games end of next month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But its possible we could be in a good position before then, our upcoming run of Fulham home, Newcastle away, West Ham home, Sunderland home and Boro away looks quite good.

If we do well enough in them the big 3 in a row won't be as crucial but I think our problem will be, as so often, not being able to put poor teams to the sword.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

Out of interest, what is Henry's scoring record in away games in the prem this season?

Speaking to a gooner earlier he reckoned he doesn't seem as interested away from home this year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has he even scored away in the league? I don't think it's that he looks less interested as a rule, more that we don't get any attacking football going and therefore he drifts out of the game with no service.

Talking about teams fading away with only 11 games left of the season? You'll find talk for that was about 2/3 months ago.

It's gonna be tight for all those teams involved and honestly, I can't see us getting fourth, if we carry on like this. We have been waiting for an improvement for far too long and it's not materialised. We'll carry on waiting I fear, at least in the short-term.

Wenger doesn't seem to have much of a clue what to do away from home. If I hear him utter those Houllier-esque words of 'turning the corner' again, I might cry with laughter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Talking about teams fading away with only 11 games left of the season? You'll find talk for that was about 2/3 months ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still valid, just that they've pretty much all afded, and none have tried to get 4th. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

Henry got 3 away to Wigan, don't think he's scored too many more away from Highbury in the league this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't score 3 away to wigan

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

Henry got 3 away to Wigan, don't think he's scored too many more away from Highbury in the league this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't score 3 away to wigan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, not sure why i thought he did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Talking about teams fading away with only 11 games left of the season? You'll find talk for that was about 2/3 months ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still valid, just that they've pretty much all afded, and none have tried to get 4th. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, fair enough icon_biggrin.gif

ANd he hasn't been poor this season then?

He doesn't have some divine right to avoid criticism. I think he's a good prospect, and there's no way we should even consider getting rid of him, or even dropping him as there is no-one else.

Dopesn't by any strectch mean he's been anything above average to poor this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Senderos isn't really an issue with the team, he's been ok without being outstanding and has had a difficult second season but Tony Adams was the same. So far, he seems to make one rick a game but by and large he's goat away with it on most occasions, but he needs to cut that out to be a top defender.

Certainly against Madrid he was rock solid bar one mistake.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Arsenal football club has signed a sponsorship deal to promote Israel as a tourist destination from next season.

The two-year, £350,000 agreement will see Israel being promoted on pitch-side billboards and television screens at Arsenal's new Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal said it had cleared the deal with officials in the United Arab Emirates, whose national airline bought the naming rights to the new stadium.

The United Arab Emirates does not have diplomatic relations with Israel.

'Sun and fun'

Arsenal's managing director, Keith Edelman, announced the deal on Sunday after a meeting with Israeli tourism minister Abraham Hirchson.

"We think football is a great product and we think it will assist Israel become a more popular destination," Mr Edelman said.

Mr Hirchson said the tie-up would allow Israel to promote its tourism industry to millions of football-lovers around the world.

It is thought that the agreement will enable Israel to use likenesses of Arsenal players in its own promotions.

"The purpose is to broaden Israel's appeal to sun and fun-seekers," said tourism ministry spokesman Jonathan Pulik.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Israel Seeking Goal With Arsenal

Didn't see it anywhere else so voila. Interesting especially with regard to the Emirates sponsorship, but apparently they cleared the deal ok icon14.gif

we've become such whores </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

better a whore than those nancies at the nou camp

"MPACUK Comment: Let Arsenal FC and Emirates know what tourists to Israel might not see. Much of the land is actually stolen wholesale from Palestinians because Israeli policies of Apartheid actually force them to live in refugee camps while their homes are taken over. There is also an Israeli Wall which steals Palestinian land for Israel. On a clear day, look into the sky - Missiles from Israeli Helicopter Gunships are often launched into populated areasObserve Palestinian school-girls getting magazines of bullets emptied into their heads. Or the collective punishment of homes being bulldozed. And of course, there is Hamas - the democratically elected Government of the Palestinian people but not recognised by Israel!"

Gunners = Goners. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> school-girls getting magazines of bullets emptied into their heads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happens every day icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, don't be such a bloody pedant.

Archived