Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Walcott's 16 mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know that but if he is so good he should be playing in a years time.

messi is 17 and playing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You moan about having no squad and relying on youngens, then moan about signing players who are older icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

You moan about having no squad and relying on youngens, then moan about signing players who are older icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just thought the sigining was not neccasary but as pires is 33 thins year then why not, i aways thought rosicky was a central midfielder though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

You moan about having no squad and relying on youngens, then moan about signing players who are older icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just thought the sigining was not neccasary but as pires is 33 thins year then why not, i aways thought rosicky was a central midfielder though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing he's a bit like Hleb in that that is where he likes to play, but the wing will do him fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That Diaby is hardly gonna walk into your team. he's only played something like 4 first team games for Auxerre. It frustrates me that Wenger is trying to sign more potential players. I thought it was agreed that Arse need players allready at their peek, with their experience. This Diaby will be another Flamini, cn play ok against Boro and Everton but when it comes to Chelsea and the Cl he wont be good enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 games due to injury. this kid is the real deal. saw him against england u19-incredible.

Ahahaha, all that nonsense and Chelsea will come in I now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BBC Sport understands Southampton have rejected a formal £12m offer from Arsenal for striker Theo Walcott.

It is understood Chelsea could be willing to pay up to £15m, but the 16-year-old has made it clear he would prefer a move to the Gunners.

Earlier, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had let slip that a deal was almost done.

When talking to journalists, he referred to new arrivals Emmanuel Abedayor and Abo Diaby, saying he had "two signings, sorry, two and a half."

Asked if he was referring to Walcott, the Arsenal manager said: "I would like to tell you."

Earlier in the week, Wenger confirmed he was an admirer of Walcott's precocious talent.

"He's a player we rate," said Wenger.

"I rate him personally and we are looking at him, yes.

"Ideally we would want Theo to join us straight away. But it would not be a deal-breaker if Southampton say they want him to finish the season there."

Southampton boss George Burley said he was in the dark about Walcott's future, but said he would love to hold on to the youngster.

"I don't know what will happen tomorrow," said Burley.

"I won't guarantee anything, but as far as I'm aware, nothing has changed. We're planning ahead with Theo at the club.

"He's done very well for us and we want to keep him for as long as possible.

"He's a fantastic talent. When you've got a talent like that there is always going to be speculation but the kid handles it well - he's experienced it for the past six months."

Southampton are reported to be interested in a deal in which Walcott would be signed by Arsenal and then immediately loaned back to them for the rest of the season.

Saints chairman Rupert Lowe is known to have been at Arsenal's training ground last week, but he has said he was not there to discuss Walcott.

Lowe has also said he would like to retain Walcott.

Walcott, who has a pre-contract agreement with the Saints to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday in March, has scored five goals in 12 starts for Southampton this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal have stepped up their pursuit of Southampton striker Theo Walcott by making a £12m offer for the teenager.

It is not clear yet whether the Saints will accept the bid, but further negotiations between the two clubs are expected to continue this week.

It is believed Chelsea could be willing to pay up to £15m, but the 16-year-old has made it clear he would prefer a move to the Gunners.

Earlier, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had let slip that a deal was almost done.

Referring to new arrivals Emmanuel Abedayor and Abo Diaby, he said Arsenal had signed "three players" but then changed that to "two-and-a-half".

Asked if he was referring to Walcott, the Arsenal manager said: "I would like to tell you."

BBC Sport revealed on Friday that Arsenal would be coming in with a big bid for Walcott, prompting Wenger to admit later that day that he was an admirer of the teenager's precocious talent.

"He's a player we rate," said Wenger at his weekly news conference.

"I rate him personally and we are looking at him, yes.

"Ideally we would want Theo to join us straight away. But it would not be a deal-breaker if Southampton say they want him to finish the season there."

Saints boss George Burley has insisted Walcott's interests would be better served by staying at St Mary's.

"At the moment he is in the best place and is doing tremendously. The best thing for his future is to stay here at Southampton.

"To have his talent at such a young age is tremendous."

Southampton are reported to be interested in a deal in which Walcott would be signed by Arsenal and then immediately loaned back to them for the rest of the season.

Saints chairman Rupert Lowe is known to have been at Arsenal's training ground last week, but he has said he was not there to discuss Walcott.

Lowe has also said he would like to retain Walcott.

Walcott, who has a pre-contract agreement with the Saints to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday in March, has scored five goals in 12 starts for Southampton this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gunners eye Rosicky move

Mon 16 Jan, 10:21 AM

Arsenal are chasing midfield duo Tomas Rosicky and Alou Diarra, but are bracing themselves for a summer bid from Real Madrid for Cesc Fabregas.

The Spanish giants have long been tracking England left-back Ashley Cole as an eventual replacement for Roberto Carlos, but reports suggest they are now ready to pounce for Fabregas as well.

Advertisement

The 18-year-old started his career in Spain, coming through the youth ranks at Barcelona before Arsene Wenger snapped him up for nothing back in 2003.

The midfielder then went on to become the youngest player to ever appear for Arsenal, making his debut in a Carling Cup tie with Rotherham aged just 16 years and 177 days.

Since then, he has gone on to establish himself as a key member of the Gunners' midfield earning rave reviews in the process.

Wenger rates the youngster so highly, he decided not to spend big money replacing outgoing skipper Patrick Vieira, instead putting his faith in Fabregas.

But it is now rumoured that Madrid have contacted the player's dad to sound out their interest in the Spaniard, and have made it clear he is one of their top targets.

The youngster's dad told Real his son is happy at Highbury but would not rule out a move to the Bernabau.

Wenger cited Fabregas as "very much a part of the future of the club," after he signed a new, long-term deal with the Gunners in September 2004.

Meanwhile, reports suggest Rosicky will move to Highbury in the Summer.

The Czech star has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid but has indicated he prefers a move to England: "I know about Arsenal's interest. It's something we're pursuing. English football will be a great challenge," he said.

The 25-year-old's agent, Janos Toth insists he has already held talks with Arsenal officials over a move, telling the News of the World: "I am in touch with Arsenal officials."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope the fabragas thing isnt true

Yeah, I think that can be can be rubbished and put to the back of our minds really. Though suprised to see the stats of his from arsenal.com

Total Passes: 67

Completed Passes: 36

Incomplete Passes: 31

Thought he might have been more efficient then that? Still, 18 icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Probably because he tries to find the killer ball too often at the moment and gives the ball away.

That will improve with experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I think thats been one of his downfalls this season, and probably reyes at times too...both looked much better in the weekend tho

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Just as long as you make Adebayor a donkey. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Adebayor is a donkey id hate to think what crouch is...the donkeys excrement prehaps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">btw I havent seen him yet, but I am going to make Diaby awesome in FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome IRL. Assuming we get theo then arsenal have done brilliantly in transfer window.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Ahahaha Fabregas to madrid, AHAHAHAHAH.

Jeez, they are getting so desperate, it's unreal.

I'd sell him though, assuming Real would stump up £40m. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 40m! What kind of fan are you. icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

So £5m up front, I'd be happy with that tbh, and dont have a problem with him being loaned back to Southampton, he'll get more first team experience there this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he does not want too many first team matches, and wenger wants him to train with the first team at highbury... he could learn more from that tbh

Well yes ideally he would come to us straightaway, but the point is this wont be a deal stopper.

Found out you need 40 away credits for Madrid tickets ffs, going to struggle now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true.... what a shame, I got a feeling we will do well in madrid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mgreen5072:

Yeah but Anfield 89 id leave Uni for. Wigan 06 is a different matter.

Ha, my last match was Rotherham in the league cup like 2 or 3 seasons ago. Penalty win icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wigan 06 could be your last ever chance to go to highbury

Good point!

Talking of which, I was looking at how my seat is attached at half time on Saturday, with half an eye on nicking it after the last game (I have this romantic notion of building some contraption at home that means I can watch televised game I'm not at on my old Clock End seat).

But I cant see anyway of getting it off icon_frown.gif

Good point!

Talking of which, I was looking at how my seat is attached at half time on Saturday, with half an eye on nicking it after the last game (I have this romantic notion of building some contraption at home that means I can watch televised game I'm not at on my old Clock End seat).

But I cant see anyway of getting it off icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha, mate of mines already taken the circle thing with the seat number off of his seat. Arnt all the seats in the row connected?, also where are you gonna hide it? or is the plan just to stroll out of the ground with it under your arm?

yeah they are all connected.

I was just going to brazenly stroll out with it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is going to happen on the last day?

Is everyone gonna start tearing the ground to shreds taking what they can, running on the pitch, ripping up grass, swinging on goalposts, nicking corner flags,bins,seats,jumbotrons?

or will there be an army of stewards watching everyone like a hawk?

Archived