Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

might be right tbh.

f*cking hell i want the theo icon_mad.gif never seen him play like but the hype turns me on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hype is a powerful drug.

the guys doing the coverage here in SA alluded to 3 of the boro back 5 being youngsters. how accurate is that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

might be right tbh.

f*cking hell i want the theo icon_mad.gif never seen him play like but the hype turns me on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rafa thinks hes too expensive tho icon_frown.gif. oh well at least we got momo eh icon_wink.gif

Courtesy of soccernet.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It was then that the usually composed Arsenal boss had a slip of the tongue. 'We have signed three players this week,' he muttered, before quickly correcting himself and claiming it was only two, with the deal to sign Southampton wonder-kid Theo Walcott almost complete.

'I should correct that to two-and-a-half players,' he said, trying to drown out the belly laughs around the press room. 'Maybe you can expect another signing next week. You never know.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\0/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Is that the bit where he faked and passed it out wide.

Seeing it live no one was sure whether he meant it or not icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah thats it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Wicom are you about to go upsetting our friends in the man utd thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope to be upsetting a wide range of football fans, not necessarily exclusively mancs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mgreen5072:

Courtesy of soccernet.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It was then that the usually composed Arsenal boss had a slip of the tongue. 'We have signed three players this week,' he muttered, before quickly correcting himself and claiming it was only two, with the deal to sign Southampton wonder-kid Theo Walcott almost complete.

'I should correct that to two-and-a-half players,' he said, trying to drown out the belly laughs around the press room. 'Maybe you can expect another signing next week. You never know.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might not be Walcott, might be a signing of a totally different kind.....

Oh and <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Robert Pires has revealed he is prepared to take a pay cut to stay at Arsenal, and insists he will not speak to any other clubs until he has resolved his Gunners future.

The French ace is out of contract at the end of the season and is waiting to meet Arsene Wenger to discuss his situation.

The midfielder is chasing a new two-year deal, but Wenger has previously been reluctant to hand his elder statesmen more than 12-month contracts.

Pires has been encouraged by Wenger's recent comments that he could consider handing the former Marseille man the contract he wishes.

The 32-year-old is now hoping to reach a compromise with The Gunners, which would allow him to stay at the club when they move into their new home at Ashburton Grove.

In addition, Pires has ruled out taking advantage of his impending Bosman status and will not talk to other teams.

"I don't know what will happen as I have still not met Arsene Wenger," Pires told L'Equipe. "We should have a meeting before January 31.

"I am waiting to see what he will offer me. Ten days ago in the press, he said he was keen to offer me a two-year contract.

"It is impossible to keep my present conditions. At a certain time, you have to accept a wage cut.

"But about the duration, I still wish for two years.

"As long as I have not sorted out my case with Arsenal, I will not listen to other clubs. It would be a lack of respect for the club which gave me so much.

"So I am waiting. Very honestly, that doesn't disturb me. I trust Arsene Wenger and Arsenal." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Might not be Walcott, might be a signing of a totally different kind..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you mean re-signing contracts, people never talk about them like that, unless they are looking for a soundbite. i.e. our most important signing this season was re-signing Henry (for example). Might not be Walcott, but he's not reffering to a Henry contract.

And Pires :*)

I wonder whether Diaby will start the LC tie? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be the perfect way to introduce him you'd have thought

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope Adebayor's good but his scoring record doesn't look too great tbh, he seems to grab about a goal every 3 games and his record is far worse than that of Pires and Ljungberg over hte years has been from midfield. I hope he comes good but I'm not convinced. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for monaco he spent a lot of time on the right wing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">did anyone else hear that bit of the sky commentary where the main commentator bloke said diaby had been really really impressive in training yesterday? :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep he trained for 20 mins and the arsenal players were in awe. got to think of song for diaby.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">did anyone else hear that bit of the sky commentary where the main commentator bloke said diaby had been really really impressive in training yesterday? :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep he trained for 20 mins and the arsenal players were in awe. got to think of song for diaby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah apparently he gave everyone a kick up the backside, by the sounds of it certain first team players havnt been pushing themselves in training. He comes along and suddenly everyone steps up a gear, then we go and win 7-0 i have a feeling

Diaby will be >>>>>>>>>>> vieira icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

yep he trained for 20 mins and the arsenal players were in awe. got to think of song for diaby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah apparently he gave everyone a kick up the backside, by the sounds of it certain first team players havnt been pushing themselves in training. He comes along and suddenly everyone steps up a gear, then we go and win 7-0 i have a feeling

Diaby will be >>>>>>>>>>> vieira icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down icon_biggrin.gif

Seeing as we're just over half way in the season, I've been comparing our goalscoring from last season to this.

Starts(sub) - goals - asists

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

2004/05 - 38 games

Henry – 31(1) - 25 - 15

Pires – 26(7) - 14 - 2

Ljungberg – 24(2) – 10 - 9

Reyes – 25(5) - 9 - 10

Bergkamp – 20(9) - 8 - 13

Fabregas – 24(9) - 2 - 4

Van Persie –12(14) - 5 - 1

2005/06 - 21 games

Henry – 15 - 13 - 2

Van Persie – 8(6) - 4 - 1

Reyes – 15(2) - 3 - 9

Pires – 14(5) - 3 - 1

Fabregas – 19(2) - 1 - 2

Bergkamp – 8(8) - 1 - 1

Ljungberg – 14(1) - 0 - 2

</pre>

Reyes seems to be the only on bothering with assists this season, and Freddie is just really not doing anything. Does highlight our reliance on Henry to put it away.

Archived