Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That player is understood to be Diarra, whose disciplinary record this season certainly betrays a similarly combative edge to Essien or Vieira: the midfielder has picked up seven yellow cards and one red in 17 league matches for Lens. Wenger has grown alarmed at the way Arsenal have been bullied in Premiership games this season and the 6ft 3in player's physicality is no detraction.

Arsenal had been linked with St Etienne's Didier Zokora, however he will be departing for the African Cup of Nations, a factor that prompted Wenger to rule out a move for the Ivory Coast midfielder. Diarra's added attraction for Wenger is that he is available for the knockout phase of the Champions League as his five matches in Europe this season have been in the Uefa Cup. Playing in the Champions League would be a significant lure for Diarra, who hopes to cement his international place in time for the World Cup.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like the sound of this guy

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Diarra's added attraction for Wenger is that he is available for the knockout phase of the Champions League as his five matches in Europe this season have been in the Uefa Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that right? I thought if you'd played in any UEFA Competition it cuptied you for them all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Diarra's added attraction for Wenger is that he is available for the knockout phase of the Champions League as his five matches in Europe this season have been in the Uefa Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that right? I thought if you'd played in any UEFA Competition it cuptied you for them all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. If you've plaued UEFA you can still play CL. Presumably vice versa as well.

Doesn't that apply to Maniche?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

there is not many arsenal fans on this sight compared to liverpool and man utd which is why those threads have 250+ pages.

plus its only cardiff icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When GH was around I would have switched the Arsenal and Liverpool around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

there is not many arsenal fans on this sight compared to liverpool and man utd which is why those threads have 250+ pages.

plus its only cardiff icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually if you go through the respective threads and compare them there is a hell of a lot of crap in the those threads where as this one is just doing what its meant to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Well my name is attached to it, so it simply oozes quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny its your name that has always stoped me from posting in here...

We need a big or convincing win on saturday. Hopefully Freddy scored a couple he needs to get his confidence back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hopefully Freddy scored a couple he needs to get his confidence back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Freddie lacks confidence... he just has that "Marc Overmars in his last season at Arsenal" vibe about him imo.

I was right about Overmars and Petit (you could just tell), but hopefully it is just a confidence thing after all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

whats your vibe about henry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not good... but I'm in denial. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

why isnt this thread buzzing with anticipation about the next game ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get a ticket in the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, clock end

be gentle with us

Well enjoy, and be nice to my seat.

If you are planning to have a beer before hand, away fans tend to go to a pub called the Drayton Park, near where all the away coaches park (lovely view of the new stadium here)

Get out at Holloway Road, go straight over towards the Emirates sign, turn right, next left, at the end of this long road turn left again, and you'll see it over on the right.

If a drunk Kenny Sansom counts as reliable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm

Come on TH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

that's what they all say mate.

he's as good as gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspectthis is a placating measure, and will unitl he signs a new deal tbh.

Mind you, Henry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Owen

Yeah, I actually hadn't seen that SS article tbh.

Saves me a transfer change on PES5. \o/

I really don't think Laporta helped his own case either. Henry does not want to leave anything but a hero here, and Laporta talking like he'd been 'Cashlying' it probably made up his mind.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, I actually hadn't seen that SS article tbh.

Saves me a transfer change on PES5. \o/

I really don't think Laporta helped his own case either. Henry does not want to leave anything but a hero here, and Laporta talking like he'd been 'Cashlying' it probably made up his mind.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe Arsene has simply told him who is coming in January.

*totally nicked from an msn convo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until 2011.

The 22-year-old Dutchman, who joined the Gunners from Feyenoord for £2.75m in April 2004, has been rewarded for his impressive form this season.

Van Persie told BBC Radio Five Live: "I've been here for 18 months, really enjoyed it and I sorted out the new contract in about two or three days.

"I am really happy to be moving to the new stadium next season."

Arsenal will be moving from Highbury at the end of this campaign and Van Persie's commitment is a huge boost for the club.

I think he is a very talented player

From SRK

Have your say on 606

Record goalscorer Thierry Henry is refusing to discuss a new contract and may never run out at the new Ashburton Grove stadium wearing Arsenal colours.

Holland international Van Persie has scored nine goals in 23 appearances for the Gunners this season.

Manager Arsene Wenger told the club website: "Robin has come on a lot this season.

"I feel he has matured. He is a young player with a lot of talent and has developed his team play. If he continues to do that he will be a big player.

"Robin has the class to be as good as Dennis Bergkamp."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon14.gif

Neither of those stories has Henry say anything except him promising to stay this summer. Doesn't say anything about him not walking away on a free transfer at the end of his contract in 2007.

I'd say that both those stories (coming from one source anyway) aren't reassuring at all. icon_frown.gif

The truth is I love this club and I have made up my mind to stay," Henry told The Sun newspaper.

''I'll talk to (manager) Arsene Wenger, to (vice-chairman) David Dein and the board and talk of the future.

"My mind is to stay and we have to sort this out. There was a lot of ridiculous speculation. But the truth is this, I never spoke with or met with a single person from any other club at any time.

"This will put an end to all the stories. We can move on."

What more do you want ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x-man:

Neither of those stories has Henry say anything except him promising to stay this summer. Doesn't say anything about him not walking away on a free transfer at the end of his contract in 2007.

I'd say that both those stories (coming from one source anyway) aren't reassuring at all. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll find that Dein would have no qualms about selling him, should he choose not to sign a new deal.

Although I suspect 'the future' that he talks about probably extends past 6 months.

And yeah, not reassuring at all. Preferred the Laporta rumours tbh.

Archived