Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sure I saw something earlier in the thread about a club shop opening in Asia. Didn't look at it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It was a new United shop that's opened in Asia, called Wankee. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the waiting list for a while but have now withdrawn the request. I think the club is charging far too much these days, pricing out a lot of fans who've been going for years.

My devotion has reduced in recent years I think. A combination of getting older, making myself ill over football in 2002, and the way the media behaves with regards football has just tarnished the love I had for the game. Oh and Chelsea are the icing on the cake.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sure I saw something earlier in the thread about a club shop opening in Asia. Didn't look at it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It was a new United shop that's opened in Asia, called Wankee. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Class. Wish I'd looked at it now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

There is not going to be any increase in ticket prices between now and the first season at Ashburton. But after the first season i wouldn't be surprised if they began increasing them again icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very disappointing indeed. icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

New Club shop in Hong Kong apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta da!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

New Club shop in Hong Kong apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta da!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how did i miss that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollers Kenners:

The reserves drew 2-2 with Palace last night. Bendtner got another and Efrem got the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that Cypriot kid Giorgio Efrem then.

16, scored one, won the penalty. Anybody seen him? Actually, does anyone go and watch the reserves? Free entry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

i hope we aren't slowly seeing henry start to get worse physically, he's a legend but if he's going to be on the medical table more and more he's not much use to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was carrying an injury for most of last season anyway, and he didn't do too badly...

If this break means he'll be back to his full speed then it'll be a good thing in the long run.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

the fact he was carrying an injury for so long last season is what worries me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that was more to do with the fact we didn't want to be without him.

i hope we aren't slowly seeing henry start to get worse physically, he's a legend but if he's going to be on the medical table more and more he's not much use to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's one injury - his first longterm one in ages!

He's hardly Aliadiere or Upson is he?

I can't say I'm too concerned about it at the moment. If he was out with an achilles problem for six weeks, I'd be a little concerned, as that's what he played with last season. So if he was out with it, you'd worry he'd done irreparable damage to it.

But this a groin injury - one of the most common amongst fast players (Wrighty was getting them all the time!), so I think it's just a miracle he hasn't had more in the last 6 years!

I wasn't expecting us to win the league this season anyway, Henry's injury just means that it gives van Persie, Reyes and perhaps Quincy opportunities to get runs in the team and shine in his absense.

Problem we now have is that without Henry, Bergkamp is effectively acting Captain. But i'd rather see van Persie starting. So who becomes captain? Senderos? Campbell if fit? Toure? Ljungberg? Jens? Cashley icon_eek.gif?

Atleast Henry doesn't miss any games against Chelsea or United. I'm confident that Bergkamp/van Persie and Reyes can do the job till Titi returns.

doesn't the achillies problem he had last season count as a long term one?

and no i wouldn't compare him to those two just yet icon_biggrin.gif but its a worry no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is- he's our captain and star player, as well as arguably the best player in the world.

If the six weeks mean he'll be back up to his full acceleration (which he claims he couldn't hit last season), then it's surely a good thing in the long run...?

I'm fast becoming H.O.V.'s nemesis...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rizzudo:

**** off all of you who were doubtiing bergkamp

p.s we were **** again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all said, don't start him.

We were all right tbh.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Van Persie Handed Ban

Arsenal FC forward Robin van Persie has been banned for one match by UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Committee after his dismissal for serious foul play in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League game against Swiss side FC Thun at Highbury.

Van Persie was shown a red card by Polish referee Grzegorz Gilewski shortly before half-time of the Group B fixture, which Arsenal won 2-1, after catching Thun's Alen Orman in the face with his raised foot. The decision is not subject to appeal, in accordance with UEFA's disciplinary provisions.

The ruling means the 22-year-old Dutch international will miss Arsenal's next Champions League match, away to AFC Ajax on 27 September. In reaching its judgment, UEFA said that while Van Persie could reasonably be presumed to have had no intent to bodily harm his opponent, the reckless element involved in the challenge was punishable under UEFA disciplinary law.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the best we could have hoped for and Sol hasn't had any reaction to playing on Wednesday icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas could be in his last season at the club with a move to England in the pipeline.

The 24-year-old Spain international is still waiting on a new contract offer and the News of the World report that Arsenal are potential suitors.

"I've not sat down with anyone from Madrid to discuss a new deal for Iker," said his agent Gines Garvajal.

"We are waiting for the call but if not, from 1 January we can talk with other clubs."

Manchester United showed interest in Casillas earlier in the year, but at the time any move from his hometown club looked unlikely and Sir Alex Ferguson has since signed Edwin van der Sar.

That leaves the way clear for Highbury boss Arsene Wenger to finally secure the services of a long-term successor to former England goalkeeper David Seaman.

Casillas fits the bill and it is thought the player would be willing to listen to offers.

He is said to be growing disillusioned by Real's failure to discuss new terms and improve his basic salary of £7,000 a week, a figure that is dwarfed by his fellow galacticos at the Santiago Bernabeu. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer, he'll do for me. Although he does seem a tad short. I'm sure we'll get him as he doesn't actually cost anything in terms of a transfer fee, which'll suit Arsenal icon_smile.gif

Cassillas will not be coming to Arsenal.

Uness we offer up something pretty damn good the other way.......hang on........ASHLEY, get over here now!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate if you read the article it would be on a free because of his contract running out, so no need for ashley icon_smile.gif

He plays for Madrid. not many clubs could, unless they offer him something ludicrous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we win the premiership and champions league plus moving to a state of the art stadium.

we can all dream icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas The Phenom:

I don't get why some of you don't think we can't attract someone like Casillas.

I reckon, if available, he would love to join his Spanish speaking chums in Norf London. We aren't a phoney big club you know, we have enough stature to get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would love to agree with you but i just do not see it mate.

Archived