Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drainedvitality:

what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shouldn't worry. I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watchin SSN? They are talking to a french journalist who has a close relationship with the french players at Arsenal, he seemed to think the Baptista deal was pratically done! I'm trying to remain pessimistic!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

Anyone watchin SSN? They are talking to a french journalist who has a close relationship with the french players at Arsenal, he seemed to think the Baptista deal was pratically done! I'm trying to remain pessimistic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay away from the light!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for the transfer of Patrick Vieira to Juventus for a total fee of €20 million.

At this stage, Patrick is now finalising his personal terms and conditions with Juventus.

The Club would like to take this opportunity to recognise the enormous contribution Patrick has made to Arsenal since he joined as Arsène Wenger's first signing in 1996. During his time at the Club, Patrick made over 400 first team appearances, with three years as Captain and was instrumental in the Club winning three Premiership titles and the FA Cup on four occasions.

Also during his time at Arsenal, Patrick enjoyed great success with the French national team, by winning the World Cup in 1998 and the European Championships in 2000. He also became the Captain of France and made a total of 79 caps for France as an Arsenal player.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wish Patrick the best of luck for the future.

Speaking to Arsenal.com, Manager Arsène Wenger said: “I share the sadness with our supporters that Patrick has left us, but on the other hand I would say to them trust us and support us. We’ll be strong next season and we need you behind us like you have always been. We will not disappoint you.

"Patrick was a great player for us, one of the greatest in the Club’s history and I feel I had a special relationship with him because I made him come here. I think his impact, not only at Arsenal but in English football overall was just tremendous.

"The sad thing is that he leaves us, but the good thing is that he leaves us on a high. His last kick for the Club was symbolic as it won us the FA Cup.

"Patrick will always be special for Arsenal Football Club, always in our hearts and our minds. All I can do is thank him for all he gave to the Club and wish him well in his career."

Patrick Vieira added: “When you spend nine years at the Club, like I did, it is a difficult decision to leave. But in the end you have to make a choice for your future. It was a very difficult decision, but I am happy with it.

"I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time for me to have a new challenge. But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal.

"It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me.

"I‘d like to thank the Arsenal fans. They have been fabulous. Even recently in the street they were saying ‘if you are going, then thanks for the last nine years’. That is really touching and it makes me feel that I gave my best for the Club.

"I can go with my head held high. I did my best every day in training and in every match, and I left shaking the hand of Arsène Wenger and Mr Dein. That was really important to me."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drainedvitality:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

In fact, when I watch Arsenal I spend most of my time just watching Fabregas. His movement off the ball, passing, and vision (as you said), leave me in awe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, wtf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just thought it was weird that when watching a football match you are left in awe by the kids "movement off the ball, passing and vision". I guess I dont think he is that good to be left in awe, sure as a 18 year old he is quality but he isnt THAT good.

Bye Patrick. Come a long way since other players took the p!ss because all he could say in English was "eh?"

I have no animosity towards him. If a player stays for 9 years - especially a foreign one, you have to think you've got good value. icon_smile.gif

You bought him for £3.5 million had 9 years service from him and sell him for around £13 million. Not bad business though Arsenal will only get around £9 million for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

You bought him for £3.5 million had 9 years service from him and sell him for around £13 million. Not bad business though Arsenal will only get around £9 million for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The official statement says €20 (£13.7m) I think i'll take their word for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcais:

20m Euros with only 10m this year. So that's adding about £6.5m to your transfer kitty this year.

With that kind of money Jenas might be all you can afford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, Wenger is really bad at picking up a bargain in the transfer market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

Its hard to say if its good or bad business at the minute, all depends on who comes in and for how much. Someone like Diarra could come in for less than 5m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diarra has just signed a new contract. He's not going anywhere for £5m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcais:

20m Euros with only 10m this year. So that's adding about £6.5m to your transfer kitty this year.

Good point, Wenger is really bad at picking up a bargain in the transfer market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wenger has picked up plenty of duds, so save your sarcasm for an occasion when it may be applicable.

• SI Staff

We've got some more money to add that to, so we should be able to get someone a bit better than Jenas. I hope.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony7:

You bought him for £3.5 million had 9 years service from him and sell him for around £13 million. Not bad business though Arsenal will only get around £9 million for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The official statement says €20 (£13.7m) I think i'll take their word for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal have to pay £3 million to the player as he never asked for a transfer icon_wink.gif

Its hard to say if its good or bad business at the minute, all depends on who comes in and for how much. Someone like Diarra could come in for less than 5m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diarra has just signed a new contract. He's not going anywhere for £5m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That hasn't actually been officially confirmed, I'll trust in Wengers judgement, he wouldnt of let Vieira go if there wasn't a plan, he certainly wouldnt of let him go if Jenas was the only player he could afford.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

every club has its **** fans tbf. we have the shirt burners & Tony7, you have Wicom & drainedvitality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get a clue, when I start posting "FIVE" in every f*Cking thread to deflect attention from my sh*tty team you can call me a ****, until then jog on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Thats a f*cking awful deal. What the f*ck are you thinking Arsenal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in retrospect vieria staying last season was the wrong decision for both sides.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

every club has its **** fans tbf. we have the shirt burners & Tony7, you have Wicom & drainedvitality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get a clue, when I start posting "FIVE" in every f*Cking thread to deflect attention from my sh*tty team you can call me a ****, until then jog on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to be European Champions five time before you can justify that though.

Wenger has picked up plenty of duds, so save your sarcasm for an occasion when it may be applicable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is applicable, Wenger has shown in the past he doesn't require massive funds to compete, we've been competing against Man U and more recently Chelsea wealth and holding our own with a much smaller transfer budget.

Good point, Wenger is really bad at picking up a bargain in the transfer market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wenger has picked up plenty of duds, so save your sarcasm for an occasion when it may be applicable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The duds tend to cost very little though. Much like the stars.

Just looked at my posts last night. I'm not drinking again this week. icon_frown.gif

Bye Paddy. Thank you and good luck. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

get a clue, when I start posting "FIVE" in every f*Cking thread to deflect attention from my sh*tty team you can call me a ****, until then jog on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say anything about the latest Gerrard saga.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Just looked at my posts last night. I'm not drinking again this week. icon_frown.gif

Bye Paddy. Thank you and good luck. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Jeffers? Or Richard Wright? Or Van Bronckhorst? And Wiltord was never worth the fee either, although he may not have been a Jeffers scale dud.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Bye Paddy. Thank you and good luck. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Jeffers? Or Richard Wright? Or Van Bronckhorst? And Wiltord was never worth the fee either, although he may not have been a Jeffers scale dud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wiltord wasn't a dud. You're right about the three others.

I didn't say anything about the latest Gerrard saga. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious why me and the other 2 fans are supposed to be *****. Who decided who is right and who is wrong. I thought football was a matter of opinions icon_smile.gif

Wenger must have someone lined up, who he is know body knows yet. I get the feeling it could be one of those "world class players" tho. At the present time i think losing Gilberto would have been the bigger blow.

Someone at work was saying today that Mourinho is annoyed with us because were going to sign SWP and not them. Would be nice if its true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Someone at work was saying today that Mourinho is annoyed with us because were going to sign SWP and not them. Would be nice if its true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I doubt he feels threatened by us in the transfer market. I think he's just an angry, irritable guy by nature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Someone at work was saying today that Mourinho is annoyed with us because were going to sign SWP and not them. Would be nice if its true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I doubt he feels threatened by us in the transfer market. I think he's just an angry, irritable guy by nature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe he just doesnt like it that were getting SWP icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theY2Z:

Okay Mr. vitality

Lets try to get to the root of your mental problems.

In what ares do you think Jenas is a better player than Rosicky. ie passing, tackling, dribbling, positioning, work rate, finishing, pace, aerial ability etc are acceptable type of answers

If the only thing you can come up with is "ngngngngngng Jenas is English, Rosicky is a Nazi and Polish" then consider logging out immediately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You post with a condescending tone and then assume Im a rascist. ****.Off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay I'm sorry. Lets be friend.

But I really would like to know your opinion of the original question

In what ares do you think Jenas is a better player than Rosicky. ie passing, tackling, dribbling, positioning, work rate, finishing, pace, aerial ability etc are acceptable type of answers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Nice one Patrick. Cheers for the good times, and good luck for the future.

Viiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiira!

Whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooh!

He comes from Senegal.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He hates the Arsenal! icon_wink.gif

I'm alot more sad than i thought I'd be. I guess it's because I've always been a bit of a vieira in my style of play and it's never nice to see someone leave after being at the club for so long.

Strange though, earlier on in the season I was thinking it could be best for the club if vieira left so someone a bit more creative could take his place and leave gilberto to do the defensive stuff, also cesc I feel would work better with gilberto than vieira.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

He hates the Arsenal! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When are you turning up anyway? Verbal contract not good enough for ya? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_10:

He hates the Arsenal! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When are you turning up anyway? Verbal contract not good enough for ya? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd prefer to move to a clue on the up, instead of the opposite

icon_wink.gif

Sorry to interupt and change subject but i just watched that clip of Owusu Abeyie (Holland -20 vs Japan -20) and it just reminded me of how good and promising he is!

Give him half a season of games to play and he'll be just as good as Ronaldo (if not better). He makes me think a lil of Robben; only not quite mature and quite there yet.

He's so impressive. Very skillfull; great touch, great technique, very pacy and plenty of energy!!

I wonder whether Wenger has something in mind for him next season, whether or not he'll let him really take part in the first team.

Archived