FM11: Bayer 04 Leverkusen - the return of Ballack.

joe__the__man

Not much progress, was trying a tactic with another team so this took my time over the last two days or so. Having too much players I want to play in a team sometimes stalls me and it wasnt too bad to have too options in 11.1 so I decided to give my second love footballwise a go, thats what I made the shortlist for. But guess I'm ready for some attacking football again so I will update over the holidays :)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good month domestically Joe not so good in Europe though.

Evil no mention of a new stadium for me, what season you in?

Dinu nice shortlist :thup:

Start of 2nd requested and they said yes.

Not in it yet but they are planning and it says it should be finished it 2012.

Kiessling tears his calf muscle, out for 3-4 months (rest of the season). Absolutely gutted :( :(

Helmes or Schurrle up front? I'm thinking Schurrle tbh.

___

Haven't requested for a new stadium anyway.

He only just returned from injury for me. Derdiyok?? if not, Schurrle.

Monthy Update - January 2012

First Team

Adler

Schwaab Reinartz Toprak Kadlec

Vidal Rolfes

Barnetta - Kroos - Renato

Kiessling

Kroos comes into the team in place of Schuerrle, with Rolfes ahead of Bender and Ballack, and Schwaab is back ahead of Castro after injury.

Results

Bundesliga

Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -17' Vidal

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1-1 VfB Stuttgart

41' Kiessling - - - - - - - - - 83' Cacau

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 3-0 Werder Bremen

27' Wiese og

65' Schurrle

82' Rolfes

Three tough games, really happy with the Werder win as well, pretty much dominated them the whole game. Stuttgart game was dodgy, I initially drew 2-2 but the game crashed afterwards, so I kept replaying the game until I got another draw haha. Still well top, can't see myself losing the league now.

leagueu.png

Player of the Month

1st - Arturo Vidal. A brute in the tackle, guards the defence like a little terrier.

2nd - Stefan Reinartz.

3rd - Simon Rolfes.

Goal of the Month

Andre Schurrle. Again no goals worth uploading, but Schurrle's was probably the best, just a simple 1v1.

Really not a fan of Derdiyok, he never impresses me and he's not clinical enough. He'll definitely get a fair amount of minutes the rest of this season though.

He creates enough chances though.

Getting Babacar on loan with an option to buy for 10 million.

He creates enough chances though.

Getting Babacar on loan with an option to buy for 10 million.

Yeah and I wouldn't hesistate to play him on the wings or behind the striker, but my main forward needs to be pretty lethal, as well as have great hold up ability, quick, a good passer, hard worker etc. That's why I'll miss Kiessling so much. I've decided on Schurrle as the main starter anyway, but Helmes will come off the bench a lot as usual.

Babacar is quality :thup:

Yeah and I wouldn't hesistate to play him on the wings or behind the striker, but my main forward needs to be pretty lethal, as well as have great hold up ability, quick, a good passer, hard worker etc. That's why I'll miss Kiessling so much. I've decided on Schurrle as the main starter anyway, but Helmes will come off the bench a lot as usual.

Yeah i can understand why you dont play him,I liken him to Kalou he creates the most chances for himself in the chelsea sqaud but he finishes 1/20 of the chances he creates.

Something that worked well for me before was Augusto up front as a trequarista dropping with Derdiyok playing AMC as an attacking midfielder, attack and then with the winfers both moving into channels it means Augusto drops deep and Derdiyok runs off him and the two wingers come inside.

Something that worked well for me before was Augusto up front as a trequarista dropping with Derdiyok playing AMC as an attacking midfielder, attack and then with the winfers both moving into channels it means Augusto drops deep and Derdiyok runs off him and the two wingers come inside.

Not a bad idea i tried to do that with Lucas and it worked to a degree.

Nice find :)

Destroyed Liverpool at home, 4-1, after a close win against Craiova in the first CL game of the season. Guess the chances to advance to the first KO round are great now. Last team in the group is Lille.

After 8 games I lead the league table, only one draw so far and got a easy draw (Fürth) in the third round of the cup.

@Evil: Same problem for me, though Oczipka, the backup for Castro, is weaker than Kadlec, but at least one of my own ;) I decided to stick to Kadlec as long as he accepts his backup role as he seems to do okay as a tutor so far.

Nice find :)

Destroyed Liverpool at home, 4-1, after a close win against Craiova in the first CL game of the season. Guess the chances to advance to the first KO round are great now. Last team in the group is Lille.

After 8 games I lead the league table, only one draw so far and got a easy draw (Fürth) in the third round of the cup.

@Evil: Same problem for me, though Oczipka, the backup for Castro, is weaker than Kadlec, but at least one of my own ;) I decided to stick to Kadlec as long as he accepts his backup role as he seems to do okay as a tutor so far.

Yeah it is just that Taiwo is awesome and i need money to be able to buy out Babacars future fee.

In this case, I guess thats a nobrainer :)

Schürrle seems to do better on the right side for me than on the left. Tried him there in cup as I am still in the progress of retraining Naki to the rightwing and he had an amazing game, followed by good performances in league and against Liverpool. Guess I stick with him there for now, though he still has no chance to play ahead of Kaplan :S

In this case, I guess thats a nobrainer :)

Schürrle seems to do better on the right side for me than on the left. Tried him there in cup as I am still in the progress of retraining Naki to the rightwing and he had an amazing game, followed by good performances in league and against Liverpool. Guess I stick with him there for now, though he still has no chance to play ahead of Kaplan :S

I regret selling Burak now with his performances.

I think i am going to sell Derdiyiok and a few others and buy out babacars future fee he looks great as good as Derdiyiok.

Guys, I have just had a bid of £15million for Helmes from Barca...... should I accept, as I do need cash???

Steve

Tempting

Do you play 2 up top

I would consider it but if i accepted i would spent it on Dzeko.

One quick queston should i sell Kadlec as i have Taiwo and Castro can cover there.

I'd sell Kadlec providing you still have Ozcipka as cover as well.

just about too start a bayern leverkusen any tips on 11.2

Read the OP ;)

Guys, I have just had a bid of £15million for Helmes from Barca...... should I accept, as I do need cash???

Steve

Yeah I would've taken as well.

2-0 in Liverpool, the goal that sealed it from Schürrle.

[video=youtube;WNSOUKuFu2I]

One disapointing draw against Lille, other than that 5 wins including a 4-1 at home against and a 2-0 in Liverpool. Leading the league table so far without a loss.

Monthy Update - February 2012

First Team

Adler

Vidal Rolfes

Barnetta - Kroos - Renato

Schuerrle

Sidney Sam and Kiessling out for practically the rest of the season. Schurrle takes over from Kiessling's duties as complete forward, the rest of the team stays the same, with Burak, Helmes, Bender, Ballack and Castro getting the most minutes out of the rest of the squad.

Results

Bundesliga

VfL Wolfsburg 0-1 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

- - - - - - - - - - - - -52' Vidal

DFB Pokal

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1-1 TSV 1899 Hoffenheim

pen40' Helmes - - - - - - - 22' Salihovic

56' Burak

Bundesliga

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 3-2 VfL Bochum

10' Schurrle - - - - - - - - - 21' Reinartz og

40' Toprak - - - - - - - - - - 83' Adler og

72' Burak

Europa League

Litex (Lovech) 0-3 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

- - - - - - - - - - - - 22' Schurrle

- - - - - - - - - - - - 84' Helmes

- - - - - - - - - - - - 88' Rolfes

Bundesliga

Eintracht Frankfurt 1-3 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

74' Meier - - - - - - - - - 6', 45+1' Schurrle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 82' Schwegler og

Europa League

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2-2 Litex (Lovech)

22' Stoyanov og - - - - - -20' Angelov

27 Derdiyok - - - - - - - - 44' Kujabi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -51' Stoyanov s/o

Bayer 04 win 5-2 on aggregate

Bundesliga

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1-0 FSV Mainz 05

31' Kroos

leaguea.png

Drew Maccabi Haifa in the Europa League and FC Koln in the DFB Pokal.

Player of the Month

1st - Andre Schurrle. So clinical in front of goal, so clinical. Good link up play as well. I'm thinking he's been performing better than Kiessling tbh.

2nd - Toni Kroos. Brilliant second month, getting loads of assists.

3rd - Arturo Vidal. He's got to be here somewhere, I just love him.

Goal of the Month

Burak Kaplan. Only against Bochum, but scoring what turned out to be the winner. Cracking strike.

[video=youtube;98Pz6tUka5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Pz6tUka5I

Looks more like a central midfielder to me. Reminds me of Rolfes, a kind of jack-of-all-trades.

Damn, now that you say it. like I was blind :)

Guess thats it for Sven Bender then. With Hegeler coming back I was already tempted to sell Sven but if this kid turns out as decent as my scout thinks I guess I don't need a player of Sven Benders quality on the bench.

Sold Derdiyok and loaned out Sukuta-Pasu in the winter break. I have far too many strikers and I prefer my argentinian regen and Lacina Traore over Eren and Richi should be nowhere near the quality those too can reach so he wont get many minutes either. :(

Chelsea is coming up in the first KO round. I hope to land an upset like I did in Liverpool, but I assume Chelsea will be a bit tougher to play.

Finally got Hyypiä to sign a new contract so he's now player/coach, one of the better former players I had in coaching, 4 stars for tactics and defense, so he does something productive for his money ;)

Damn, now that you say it. like I was blind :)

Guess thats it for Sven Bender then. With Hegeler coming back I was already tempted to sell Sven but if this kid turns out as decent as my scout thinks I guess I don't need a player of Sven Benders quality on the bench.

Sold Derdiyok and loaned out Sukuta-Pasu in the winter break. I have far too many strikers and I prefer my argentinian regen and Lacina Traore over Eren and Richi should be nowhere near the quality those too can reach so he wont get many minutes either. :(

Chelsea is coming up in the first KO round. I hope to land an upset like I did in Liverpool, but I assume Chelsea will be a bit tougher to pllay.

Good decision selling Derdiyok i think i will do the same,good luck against Chelsea you can beat them although it will be tougher than Liverpool.

And merry Christmas to all in the Leverkusen thread.

Yes, merry christmas to all from me too.

Got my ingame-present: 3-1 win in London :) A 1-1 at home rounded the upset and let me advance to quarterfinals (Marseille is my next opponent). Still one english club is possible to get as ManU and Arsenal play each other in the quarterfinals. After I beat Chelsea, I have the confidence that I can beat every team in the world.

Besides this highlight my march was pretty disappointing. After 21 games without losing I managed to lose 4 in a row. At least my boys got their form back for the game against Cologne, hope I can keep the two point advantage I have now and win the league.

Nice header that saved me the draw against Schalke:

[video=youtube;6irmxiZ-f7U]

Ugh, corners are absolutely ruining this save for me. Haven't scored a single one in competitive matches all season, but the amount I concede is absolutely stupid. 17 out of 26 goals I've conceded all season have been directly from corners, with 3 from direct free kicks, 1 penalty and only 5 from open play.

Ugh, corners are absolutely ruining this save for me. Haven't scored a single one in competitive matches all season, but the amount I concede is absolutely stupid. 17 out of 26 goals I've conceded all season have been directly from corners, with 3 from direct free kicks, 1 penalty and only 5 from open play.

I scored 14 goals from corners 1st season.

Monthy Update - March 2012

First Team

Adler

Vidal Rolfes

Burak - Kroos - Renato

Schuerrle

Burak comes in for Barnetta, who's been playing very poorly recently. Toprak has another injury so Friedrich has come in for him halfway through the month, whilst the rest of the squad stays the same, except for Kroos, who is ineligible in Europe, so Ballack starts.

Results

Bundesliga

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 0-0 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Europa League

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 4-0 Maccabi Haifa

40', 42' Burak

45' Ballack

85' Schurrle

Bundesliga

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0-0 FC Kaiserslautern

Europa League

Maccabi Haifa 1-2 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

88' Elkabets - - - --21' Ballack

- - - - - - - - - - - - -78' Derdiyok

DFB Pokal

FC Koln 2-1 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

40', 78' Freis 87' Schurrle

Europa League

Juventus 1-2 Bayer 04 Leverkusen

84' Giovinco - 63' Reinartz s/o

88' Bonucci - -70' Schurrle

Got the league sewn up now, so I'm putting out weakened lineups for that and generally not paying too much attention to it. The Cup was a massive disappointment, loads and loads of chances, all of the ball, but they score and corner then hit me on the break to make it fairly comfortable. Should've retained that, but I'll get over it.

The Maccabi Haifa tie wasn't exactly tough, so I won't talk about that. Against Juve, Reinartz really left me in the lurch, but we should've held out anyway, to concede two that late is really poor and not really something we've done at all this season. The 2nd leg is soon anyway, I'm fairly reasonably confident we can get through, even though Juve are a good team.

Player of the Month

1st - Burak Kaplan. Did brilliantly this month, the first month I've really considered him a first-teamer, and he massively impressed.

2nd - Andre Schurrle. More goals and good performances, very good forward.

3rd - Rene Adler. With team performances dropping off a bit he was needed a bit more this month and he did very well.

Goal of the Month

Andre Schurrle. Good goal, but also a very important goal, both the first of the tie and our only away goal.

[video=youtube;2Dwze_1DR0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dwze_1DR0g

Rawr, not only do I have the chance to beat Bayern a second time for the german title, no, I also have the chance to get my second triple in two years with the championsleague final being played in Munich :)

Just beat Porto in the semifinals, thanks to an amazing Adler and two blackouts by Portos central defenders :p

YES, sir! :)

fcbarcelonavbayer04leve.png

Won the league by six points and had an exiting cup final 1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 after extra time and 18 penalties against Wolfsburg. Adler was able to save 5, we missed 1 and Benaglio saved 3 so thats triple number 2 :)

Squad

bayer04leverkusenbayert.th.png

Plan is to sell Sven Bender, Patrick Funk and Michal Kadlec. Maybe Vida too as he didnt play much this season and Hegeler will be able to fill in there if needed.

5 down, one to go :) Won the European Supercup against Lyon, or better, Adler (already Club Legend) won it for us. Now I hope to get a win at the World Club Championship or however its called.

Got 3 or 4 youth players with great potential this year plus brought in a handfull more... future is looking brighter than ever ;)

Archived