Proddeh's 4-2-4

*please note I have not updated with the hotfix yet, so this tactic has not been tested with it.

Formation

formationa.th.jpg

I like direct football and wanted to create a quick on the break tactic. 2x CB, 2x defensive fullbacks, 1x def mid, 1x support mid, 2 x inside forwards, 1x poacher and the target man. for most positions the player requirements are pretty obvious, for the inside forwards - fast, good dribble and finishing! For the target man I use Agbonlahor and hulk/Benitez as the poacher, but both hulk and Benitez do/have been used in the target man role.

The passing to the target man is set to mixed, I have tried using prefered methods (Agbonlahor not great with his head) but it seems to have a negative effect so I keep it mixed for the variety. So as long as the target man has strength and a bit of pace and can finish he SHOULD do ok.

I have tried so many iterations of this formation and I not really satisfied with any of them but this one has been proving pretty good. A few contentious points include:

• Easy tackling on the CB's - I think this is actually better than normal or hard as it seems to reduce the long shots
  • CB passing - I have this set as a direct but have tried long and mixed but for me this seems best. mixed will increase passing success but afects scoring chances considerably.
  • Targetman with "running with ball" as "sometimes" - not actually sure if this is better or not

I'd imagine for those that try this tactic they will have to tweak the settings as required.

I leave the media and OI upto the ass-man with the occasional tweaks to the OI if required I.E no closing down on fast strikers.

< 6.7 = disappointed

6.7 > 6.9 = team

7 + = pleased

Hopefully someone else can get some joy from the tactic.

I believe I've played 4 saves with a version of this tactic, here are the reults of the latest one from the 2011-12 season:

League table

tablecl.th.jpg

Team form

formw.th.jpg

Tactic download

http://www.filefront.com/17534500/Proddeh's4-2-4V1.tac

Archived