Backroom advice

I have a question about backroom advice, when they say stuff like 'you are better/worse dribblers then the opposition' or 'you have better/worse technique then the opposition' etc, how does this factor into the tactics? I upto now have just ignored them and had a 'so be it' attitude, thats the way it is, but they must say it for a reason, anything I can do with the advice?

Just common sense things really. If you're better dribblers - retain posseion, try and beat players etc. Height advantage then try cross the ball for headers and so on. Depends how much time you want to invest tweaking your tactics before a match.

Or try the rigid long ball game with a fast striker and counter attacking. Get a solid defense (maybe two holding midfielders) two fast wingers to cross and a fast man/tall man striker partnership. Set passing to direct and play a rigid counter strategy. You can also take the technical disadvantage for what it is and go out and play some football. It's all up to you.

Just common sense things really. If you're better dribblers - retain posseion, try and beat players etc. Height advantage then try cross the ball for headers and so on. Depends how much time you want to invest tweaking your tactics before a match.

Perhaps they are better dribblers but your defense is superior so your worse dribblers would do more damage then their dribblers.

Archived