Weak from crosses

I am conceding alot (75%) of goals from crosses in open-play. The ball comes in and my two CBs just stand and allow the ball to go through to the back post where the winger taps it in. Is there anyway to stop that or is it a bug or something?

What's the Positioning, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation of your CBs?

Same problem here. I do think this is a bug when it forces you to neccesarily assign your wingers a defensive role in order to avoid this type of goals. And you only manage to avoid some of them, of course.

By the way, I found this question quite amusing:

"What's the Positioning, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation of your CBs? "

He didn't even know what team the OP was talking about... It could have been 8, 12, 11 and 9 (for instance) and still be good stats, depending on the opposition you normally play against.

The only thing that I sometimes noticed is that my better positioned CBs will move away from a good position to intercept a cross to make way for the enemy striker.

This really annoys me because you always have the feeling of being cheated on as if the PC just deliberately moved your defender out of a good position to make the other team score if that is combined with your strikers not being able to hit the goal from 2 meters away it really drives me nuts.

But then again RL football can be like this sometimes as well.

I never played with the 11.0 engine, is it better than this one? If so, can I use my 11.1 game on that if I revert patches?

No it isn't better because players break away from defense way to easily with the 11.0 match engine.

So I don't think it's worth bothering with that.

Oh right, ok.

That's pretty **** because my players are missing 3-4 clear-cut chances a game and conceding alot from crosses - it's kinda taking the fun out of it for me.

I know what you mean but it's a part in football it's sometimes ****ing frustrating.

One thing I would suggest though is to involve your wide midfielders or wingers more in the defensive part so you can cut down the number of crosses the opposition can bring in.

Yeah it's part of football but not 3 games from 5, it is frustrating to see my players head wide from 5 yards 3 times in one game and then to get beat by a shady crossed goal.

I have started experimenting with the wide midfielders but not much success yet.

Have you tried the new 11.1.1 patch?

I'm playing it right now but the match engine hasn't changed in that patch since it's more of a hot fix.

One of the things I noticed though is that the game seams to create some kind of "flow" depending on your previous results.

That means if your strikers missed on big chances the chance will increase that they will do it again since their confidence is shattered.

Or your team is at a run of very bad luck as you can see is happening to one or two clubs per league nearly every season this run of bad luck can lead to bad form which inevitably will lead to you not having the bit of luck needed and so on.

I know that it's frustrating and I hate as well but I really don't know what to do against it.

By the way, I found this question quite amusing:

"What's the Positioning, Jumping, Heading, Anticipation of your CBs? "

He didn't even know what team the OP was talking about... It could have been 8, 12, 11 and 9 (for instance) and still be good stats, depending on the opposition you normally play against.

Why? If one of those are particularly poor it could be the culprit. He's conceding 75% of his goals from crosses so you've gotta look at why somewhere

You're missing my point. If the opposition have worse stats than those of the CBs, no matter how bad they are, they shouldn't be conceding those goals. Here's an example: I used to suck at jumping and heading when I played football, but if I had to play against, let's say, my 5 y.o. brother's team, I would have looked like Piqué or Puyol. In other words, if you only know the stats of the CBs, you can't judge how good they'll be in their current league.

One of the things I noticed though is that the game seams to create some kind of "flow" depending on your previous results.

That means if your strikers missed on big chances the chance will increase that they will do it again since their confidence is shattered.

Or your team is at a run of very bad luck as you can see is happening to one or two clubs per league nearly every season this run of bad luck can lead to bad form which inevitably will lead to you not having the bit of luck needed and so on.

That would be form :)

You're missing my point. If the opposition have worse stats than those of the CBs, no matter how bad they are, they shouldn't be conceding those goals. Here's an example: I used to suck at jumping and heading when I played football, but if I had to play against, let's say, my 5 y.o. brother's team, I would have looked like Piqué or Puyol. In other words, if you only know the stats of the CBs, you can't judge how good they'll be in their current league.

Oh yeah true, I was kinda assuming he didn't have League 2 CB's in the Premiership though :)

if I was having this problem I would analyse each goal, why are the opposition getting the crosses in? Who's the main culprit is etc

Though I do understand that SI are treating this as a problem, personally I'm not experiencing it

Archived