A few Tactical questions

I'm relatively new to the "new style" Football Manager. I've played previous versions but usually only for a few seasons with a big team. I swore last year I'd get into FM 2010 but due to a COD addiction & lack of dedication I gave up

So I've a few, nooby questions I guess & would appreciate some tactical advice

I'll move this to the stupid questions thread if need be ;)

- My front 2 drift out wide quite often when I want them in the box, how do I stop this? I thought this was down to width but I play quite narrow. Wide Play is set to cut inside. No Roaming

- Does restricting Creative Freedom restrict my player's use of Preferred Moves?

- Playing a team that like to keep the ball can be quite frustrating watching. How can I prevent this? Target key passes? I find increasing closing down spreads my team out of position ready to gift the opposition a golden change

- Regarding ticking Counter Attack in the Team Instructions, does this affect any sliders or is it an "in" game mechanic thing? The commentary has said I've hit teams on the CA without the CA ticked

- Full Backs seem to run forward even with the same Mentality & Forward Runs set as a DC, is that simply because they're set as a FB & that's part of their job? Ideally I'd like them to stay in line with the CBs

- Team Philosophy - Does this overrule team & individual instructions? Say I set a back 4, no forward runs, low mentality, short passing etc then set the team to Fluid or Very Fluid, will that back 4 look to be more attacking, more runs from deep, longer passing to the front etc?

I'm sure I'll think of more so I'll just add them to this thread

Cheers :)

- My front 2 drift out wide quite often when I want them in the box, how do I stop this? I thought this was down to width but I play quite narrow. Wide Play is set to cut inside. No Roaming

- Full Backs seem to run forward even with the same Mentality & Forward Runs set as a DC, is that simply because they're set as a FB & that's part of their job? Ideally I'd like them to stay in line with the CBs

- Team Philosophy - Does this overrule team & individual instructions? Say I set a back 4, no forward runs, low mentality, short passing etc then set the team to Fluid or Very Fluid, will that back 4 look to be more attacking, more runs from deep, longer passing to the front etc?

Seeing as no one's answering these..... :p

These two questions seem to be down to Philosophy, making the team more Rigid sems to prevent this

Archived