urgent assistance required to keep me in a job!!!!

My name isnt really Roy Hodgson, but like him I need a decent tactic to keep me in a job!!!!

I am attempting to manage Liverpool in patched version of fm11 but doing terrible. in december in first season and struggling in 9th place. Has anyone got a really good tactic yet? I have tried a few from the forum but without much success

cheers

mAAckAttAck 4-4-2 Version 2011 is so far the best tactic I have found up (at least while waiting for Mr Hough to do his magic :p). It's a rather classic 4-4-2, as such it should work pretty well even from the very first matches you use it (as 4-4-2 is the formation which needs the least match preparation work to be learnt by your team), pretty solid all around. It needs some tweaks to set pieces (corners to the far post, better defense on free kicks et cetera), but everything else works pretty nicely, and it also creates a good looking football on the pitch. Not a god tactic by all means, but in my first season with Sampdoria I got 2nd place in serie A (because Inter really overperformed) and most of all WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! Couldn't believe my eyes, honestly :p

The tactic concedes very few goals, only issue is with the strikers, which tends to not be very prolific, a lot of goals will come from the midfielders, especially the wingers (plus a 10-15 goals from the CB you set up to stand on the far post on corner kicks), while the strikers can get several hours without scoring a single goal. Not a major issue as long as the team wins, ok, but still quite unpleasant.

Archived