Defending Corners FM11

I have an issue where the AI cross to the back post and a bloke heads it in and i'm sick of it. Has anyone found a decent defensive corner setup because my players see very static when the ball is crossed in and don't move towards the danger men and/or leave their marks. I have them set to man mark and My teams height is above average.

Any ideas will be much appreciated. It's the only piece missing I have from my tactic.

Got a nasty feeling this could be a bug, having exactly the same problem and have tried just about every set-up I can think of to stop it but with no success.

Really annoying as my defence in open play is excellent and I reckon I'm conceding 60/70% of my goals from set pieces.

Set some of your best headers to mark tall. two smallest players on the posts and have EVERYONE else back marking. I dont leave anyone up because the way i see it, why keep one or two players up on the off chance you may hit them on the break? If your team is having alot of possession you will score and threaten them anyway.

Set some of your best headers to mark tall. two smallest players on the posts and have EVERYONE else back marking. I dont leave anyone up because the way i see it, why keep one or two players up on the off chance you may hit them on the break? If your team is having alot of possession you will score and threaten them anyway.

But surely, as in real life, if you have a player staying forward the attacking team will have to leave men back to cover - hence offering less attacking options. That is the point of a man up front - not for him to score breakaway goals.

i tried this tactic myself last season as newcastle,and it gets a ridiculous amount of goals for you.Steven Taylor (CB) finished my top scorer.Seems to be a bug a lá the lurk outside area one in previous incarnations.

This was actually a bug on 10.3 aswell, but because of the other exploit, it went pretty unnoticed. It would get about a goal every 3 games on average, but the centre back would have 5-6 shots a game from the exact same heading position, at the back post.

i'm conceding way too many goals from corners

Same here :( Going now to give a try with these setting someone posted elsewhere:

GK-Default

DR-Go Back

DL-Go Back

DC-Mark Tall Player

DC-Mark Tall Player

MC-Man Mark

MC-Go Back

AMR-Mark Near Post

AML-Mark Far Post

ST-Go Back

ST-Stay Forward

Will report later.........

Same here :( Going now to give a try with these setting someone posted elsewhere:

GK-Default

DR-Go Back

DL-Go Back

DC-Mark Tall Player

DC-Mark Tall Player

MC-Man Mark

MC-Go Back

AMR-Mark Near Post

AML-Mark Far Post

ST-Go Back

ST-Stay Forward

Will report later.........

I tried this, in my 2nd game i conceded all 3 goals from corners, including an o.g.

But surely, as in real life, if you have a player staying forward the attacking team will have to leave men back to cover - hence offering less attacking options. That is the point of a man up front - not for him to score breakaway goals.

Well whether this is a flaw in the game that im just taking advantage of or whatever, the AI will almost ALWAYS leave at least 1 or 2 players back even when i have everyone back in my box. This means ive a numerical advantage in my area, its crowded in there and they are less likely to score. It mightnt be pretty but its effective :thup:

Well whether this is a flaw in the game that im just taking advantage of or whatever, the AI will almost ALWAYS leave at least 1 or 2 players back even when i have everyone back in my box. This means ive a numerical advantage in my area, its crowded in there and they are less likely to score. It mightnt be pretty but its effective :thup:

Interesting discovery, I imagine it depends on the oppositions mentality though?, or maybe you have discovered something there.

It seems to me that this is just yet another problem in this game that fails to live up to all the promise and hype yet again..... Add the silly corners problem to far too many fouls, injuries, bookings, usless crosses and rubbish passing, defenders who just stand around the penalty area while the opposition have six or seven shots at your goal, ridiculous amount of throw-ins plus training schedules and instructions that seem to do absolutely nothing ..... Then you're getting a much more true picture of what this game is really like. I'm really beginning to think SI use blind men to beta test these games!

Interesting discovery, I imagine it depends on the oppositions mentality though?, or maybe you have discovered something there.

It may well have something to do with their mentality alright. My personal opinion is if i can score from a corner great, if not, we'll create other chances no big deal.

I dont really think it is a bug, i know i always keep two players back for every corner i get regardless of how many players they bring back because while i dont care about hitting my opponent on the break from a corner when defending one i do care about them doing it to me when im attacking.

The only exception to this rule i have is when im chasing a goal in final minutes of a game and i set my team to overload & take more risks, in that case everyone seems to come up even the goalie which im fine with.

Archived