MZizzle2's 4-3-2-1 Winger Tactic

This is an attacking tactic that uses the wingers and a attacking center midfield player to create most of your scoring chances. Your striker will score a good amount of goals, but the wingers and center midfield player chip in as well. As far as defensively, the tactic is pretty sound. The tactic can be vulnerable to the counter attack at times, but rarely does a team score by breaking down the defense. This tactic is far from perfect and definitely needs some tweaking to make it work to perfection. Hopefully some guys here on the forum can give me some input and make this tactic really something to be reckoned with. Give me your feedback and an suggestions you may have. I am always open to criticism, that is the main reason I have made this thread.

Picture3-4.png

Picture4-2.png

Picture1-4.png

Picture2-4.png

Players Needed

DR/DL: A defender who can defend really well, but also can get forward at times. He doesn't need to be a wingback and really attack, but the ability to make a pass or deep cross is a must.

DC: One of the center backs need to be strong in the tackle and the other needs to have some pace and be well rounded. I play the Nike defense system so it is sort of a defend/cover system with the two center backs.

LCM: The left center midfield player is set to ball winning midfielder. He must be good in the tackle and also a good passer because he is set to support.

MC: The center midfielder player is set to advanced playmaker. He must be a great passer, have good finishing, and all stats needed for a good attacking midfield player. This player may be the most important player in the team. He really controls the game when going forward.

RCM: The right center midfielder is set to deep lying playmaker. He has to be a tremendous passer of the ball, but also have good defensive stats as he is set to defense.

RW: The right wingers is set to insider forward. You should play a left footed player here so they can cut inside and be a threat. This player should lead your team in assists. Luka Modric is the perfect player for this position.

LW: The left winger is set to winger. He must have pace, be a good dribbler and be able to whip in some good crosses. Finishing is also a plus since the left winger links up with the right winger a lot and puts him in scoring positions. I also have the wingers set to switch sides so he may end up being a inside forward at times.

ST: The strike is set to deep lying forward. He must be strong, a good passer and have good finishing. This player will get plenty of goal scoring chances.

Special Changes

• When away from home against a above average opponent it may be best to start out in standard and see how the game goes. If you are dominating then you can change to attacking
  • When playing a big side away from home start on counter or standard and adjust according to how the game is going.
  • When home against a big side again you may want to start in standard and adjust according to the game.

Download Link

http://www.filefront.com/17495753/MZizzle2's 4-3-2-1 (Tottenham, Dec 2010).tac

in the 3rd season with hyde and my 4-4-2 wasnt working since i got promoted to the blue square prem. only won once in 8 games but what was worse was i was getting dominated and 2nd from bottom despite having decent players for this level. needed change something so thought id give your tactics a try.

all i have to say is FANTASTIC so far. great turn around in my season and only lost once since using it although only played roughly 10 games. my AM/L and AM/R have really upped there game in this formation and my AM/L is joint top scorer for my team along with my striker. Instead of being dominated, now its my team who mostly dominates the games. Even managed to get to the 3rd round proper of the FA cup with this formation.

I can imagine this tactic working really well for top teams with money to burn.

I will let you know of my progress and any tweaks i make

thanks for sharing

in the 3rd season with hyde and my 4-4-2 wasnt working since i got promoted to the blue square prem. only won once in 8 games but what was worse was i was getting dominated and 2nd from bottom despite having decent players for this level. needed change something so thought id give your tactics a try.

all i have to say is FANTASTIC so far. great turn around in my season and only lost once since using it although only played roughly 10 games. my AM/L and AM/R have really upped there game in this formation and my AM/L is joint top scorer for my team along with my striker. Instead of being dominated, now its my team who mostly dominates the games. Even managed to get to the 3rd round proper of the FA cup with this formation.

I can imagine this tactic working really well for top teams with money to burn.

I will let you know of my progress and any tweaks i make

thanks for sharing

I'm glad it is working for you. It has continue to work wonders for me on my game as well.

I was already using this formation so I decided to use some of your instructions and so far I'm really enjoying the results. 3 wins out of 3, 12 goals scored, 3 conceded.

I'm not have a overwhelming ball possession or massive number of attacks, but the striker, wingers and offensive playmaker play awesomely.

I was already using this formation so I decided to use some of your instructions and so far I'm really enjoying the results. 3 wins out of 3, 12 goals scored, 3 conceded.

I'm not have a overwhelming ball possession or massive number of attacks, but the striker, wingers and offensive playmaker play awesomely.

You'll start to see more possession once your teams fully gets used to the tactic. Your amount of clear cut chances should increase as well. My last game I had 9 clear cut chances so the tactic definitely can create a bunch when it fully clicks. Thanks for the feedback though.

Another victory for 4-0. That's 16 goals scored in 4 matches, not bad at all. :D

Possession is still around 50% and I have around twice the shots than the opponent, but my forwards are quite efficient. This change to the tactic might actually win me the championship. :)

Another victory for 4-0. That's 16 goals scored in 4 matches, not bad at all. :D

Possession is still around 50% and I have around twice the shots than the opponent, but my forwards are quite efficient. This change to the tactic might actually win me the championship. :)

I'm glad it is going so well for you. Keep me updated on your progress.

Anyone else have any feedback. I'd love to hear what people think.

so far so good with my liverpool side, ill post some screenshoots soon, do u find that you have 2 many long shots, at the moment im playiing well and winning, but i do seem to be wasting a lot of chances.

The defence is really good, did not concede for 8 games towards the end of 1st season.

so far so good with my liverpool side, ill post some screenshoots soon, do u find that you have 2 many long shots, at the moment im playiing well and winning, but i do seem to be wasting a lot of chances.

The defence is really good, did not concede for 8 games towards the end of 1st season.

Where did you finish in the league? Can I have a look at your league table?

There shouldn't be that many long shots. I have pretty much every player set to shoot long shots never. Although I have my striker and advanced playmaker as sometimes because on my Tottehham side my both of those players can shoot the ball well from long range. Yry maybe setting even those players to never to have less long range shots.

There shouldn't be that many long shots. I have pretty much every player set to shoot long shots never. Although I have my striker and advanced playmaker as sometimes because on my Tottehham side my both of those players can shoot the ball well from long range. Yry maybe setting even those players to never to have less long range shots.

Have changed the long shots to rarely, does seem to be alot better now. Here is my team for the 2nd season.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/LiverpoolLiverpool_Tactics-2.png

Any tips on how my defence should line up, have let in 24 goals in 16 league games this season

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

currently using your tactic in pre-season only but so far so good, i see lots of play spread to the wings and the wingers cutting inside to shoot or cross got a question though wats the purpose of swapping the wingers?? to confuse opposition??

i definitely have a huge reliance on the AM C (vdv/modric at the moment) so i'm scared to death either of them will get injured lol the AI already decided to take out King and Kranjcar in a bid to stop me haha prob i might throw neymar (bot him to stop chelsea getting him) in the AM C slot if i have to i guess

Have changed the long shots to rarely, does seem to be alot better now. Here is my team for the 2nd season.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/LiverpoolLiverpool_Tactics-2.png

Any tips on how my defence should line up, have let in 24 goals in 16 league games this season

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

The defense should be pretty good. I just finished my season with Tottenham and I won the league and only let up 24 goals all season I think. I'll post a screenshot of my table and stats tomorrow for you guys to see. Make sure you have one fast CB and one ball winning one. If both of your CB are slow than you may give up a lot of goals due to the high line of defense.

currently using your tactic in pre-season only but so far so good, i see lots of play spread to the wings and the wingers cutting inside to shoot or cross got a question though wats the purpose of swapping the wingers?? to confuse opposition??

i definitely have a huge reliance on the AM C (vdv/modric at the moment) so i'm scared to death either of them will get injured lol the AI already decided to take out King and Kranjcar in a bid to stop me haha prob i might throw neymar (bot him to stop chelsea getting him) in the AM C slot if i have to i guess

THe purpose of swapping wingers is so that each winger has a chance to go up against either winger and so both get a chance to cut in and score. I found that swapping wingers makes sure that both wings work and not just one at times.

THe purpose of swapping wingers is so that each winger has a chance to go up against either winger and so both get a chance to cut in and score. I found that swapping wingers makes sure that both wings work and not just one at times.

i see..... currently in my 11th game in charge including friendlies.... i've managed to beat liverpool so far and trashed celtic 5-1 but my away games are giving me a heart attack lol away at celtic i had to depend on a disgruntled crouch getting a hat trick to beat them 3-2 and at sunderland my offside line was getting breached repeatedly by bent and gyan

can i ask when u face quick strikers do u push your offside line further back?? or keep it and change the mentality to standard/counter?

If I see that the fast strikers are hurting me I'll drop my line back and I always set fast strikers instructions to never be marked tightly.

Also if you see you are struggling with the mentality set to attacking than try control or standard and see if that helps.

ok back with more results

finally lost my first games..... 1-0 away to villa and 1-0 home to chelsea

villa loss was due to friedel pulling a blinder.... saved everything going his way and got a sucker punch.... i went for control for this game and didn't work out so well in first half..... limited villa's chances but i hardly saw any chances for us too and very little CCCs....

chelsea loss was a painful one we were hammering them and conceded from a corner at the death...... we were at home and i went standard for this one.....

other than that i'm quite happy with the tactic thus far.... some notable results include wins over liverpool (2-1 at home) shaktar donetsk in the champs league (3-1 away) and celtic (8-3 agg score)

got a question on the tactic though... why put swap wingers when we can try inside forward for both wings?

I didn't set them both to inside wingers because I didn't feel Garreth Bale was great cutting inside from the left so I left him as a winger. If you have to wingers who are capable of cutting inside than you can certainly try both as inside wingers.

Archived