I tend to neglect match preparation am I wrong?Also need feedback on workkload

To be honest I almost forgot about this..

I Just leave it to normal and the normal workload and just use it like that

I have my own tactic which is 100 in everything and I seem to do well.

What are the benefits from playing around with the match preparation and the workload?Can someone expain.

I started out pre-season using match prep on normal on 2/3 formations that I use then changed that to low on 2 formations. And to date I have kept it like that and on the team blend setting.

What this has done is steadly increased my expertise in those formations to the extent that i am accomplishment in one formation plus I have increased my ability to competent in all the other tactical areas. Once I have an acceptable level of knowledge in my 2 favoured formations I will begin to use the other setting, defend/attack and so on for individual games.

Keeping it set on low means that more time is spent on training regimes and individual training areas (i believe normal takes up to 30% of your overall training programme). To date it would appear to be having a beneficial effect on my teams ability to play my favoured formation. Possession is up, shots per game and passes completed are at a good level. (that may be coincidental)

I play as NUFC so to see some of these changes is most pleasing. We are playing a short passing good possession game against most teams.

K

My understanding is the higher the workload the more time is taken away from personal training to get used to playing in a new formation/with new mentality. I guess it becomes less valuable as you stay at a club longer and longer and can get players to play your system from an earlier age, but when you first change club it helps the players to get used to different things quicker (a higher pressing game for example).

Hope that makes some degree of sense :p

Archived