Player Fatigue

I was going to start a thread on this. I'm playing twice a week, and my players are not recovering well enough. After a game a irest players 1-2 days depending on condition, age, number of games, future games etc. Ledley King sometimes get's 3 days of because of his poor fitness.

I rotate often, but is there any way to get these players recovered better?

It's the test between a good manager, and a great manager.

Playing in Europe is a big test, not just winning the comp!!

Your training has to be designed to find the balance between improvement and rest time

You must also be tactically aware when to ease off high tempo, etc during a game

You must also learn to sign players with high stamina, high natural fitness.

Rotation helps, but carrying out these little management extra's will remove the frequancy you need to rotate.

I never use the rest players button in training either.

At United, I can still manage to get Giggs playing 90 mins in the league, roughly around 65-70 in Europe and then 90 in the league agan. I only do this if I need too due to injuries, but for younger players it's no problem. Xmas time is the only time I ever use rotation heavily, and this is because sometimes in late Dec/Jan you can have 3 games a week for about 3 weeks in the trot(cup replays here can make the situation worse)

It's the test between a good manager, and a great manager.

Playing in Europe is a big test, not just winning the comp!!

Your training has to be designed to find the balance between improvement and rest time

You must also be tactically aware when to ease off high tempo, etc during a game

You must also learn to sign players with high stamina, high natural fitness.

Rotation helps, but carrying out these little management extra's will remove the frequancy you need to rotate.

I never use the rest players button in training either.

At United, I can still manage to get Giggs playing 90 mins in the league, roughly around 65-70 in Europe and then 90 in the league agan. I only do this if I need too due to injuries, but for younger players it's no problem. Xmas time is the only time I ever use rotation heavily, and this is because sometimes in late Dec/Jan you can have 3 games a week for about 3 weeks in the trot(cup replays here can make the situation worse)

i am practically on weekend, tues/weds, weekend cycle with United... hate to loss any matches so i usually feel a strong enough team even for league cup and FA CUP so i had to rotate a lot of the key players...

Archived