MFG's Attacking 4-3-3 (2 Wingers, 1 AMC)

ok cheers mate, one more thing, i find im conceding alot of goals from set pieces, have you found this? might need some bigger, ball winning CB's

mhh... i use rami and luiz, who are both good in the air. I'll look into it, but feel free to tweak yourself and share any success you might have.

I`m going to try this tactic with Ajax tonight. Anybody else have tried this tactic with Ajax?

MFG, which training schedule do you use with your tactic?

I used TT in the past. Since there are no reliable schedules out there I just use the standard ones (which seem to work fine).

I used TT in the past. Since there are no reliable schedules out there I just use the standard ones (which seem to work fine).

Is TT the Tugs Training schedule? I`ve read that Tug won`t make a new training schedule for FM2011.

Your tactic is great! I haven't tried the updated version but your original tactic got me the league title after a dry spell of a few seasons!

To be fair I haven't really gone under the hood of the tactic so sorry if this question was already answered but would the attack work with a target man instead of a poacher? I have Jo as a poacher, but he's pretty poor on speed, finishing and basically anything that a poacher requires. I'm thinking of turning him into a target man or a deep laying striker. Do you think that would work?

Your tactic is great! I haven't tried the updated version but your original tactic got me the league title after a dry spell of a few seasons!

To be fair I haven't really gone under the hood of the tactic so sorry if this question was already answered but would the attack work with a target man instead of a poacher? I have Jo as a poacher, but he's pretty poor on speed, finishing and basically anything that a poacher requires. I'm thinking of turning him into a target man or a deep laying striker. Do you think that would work?

Sure it could work. I guess your AMC should bang in a few more then. I used Mario Gomez, he has great off the ball and pace, so he seemed natural as a poacher.

Quick question; Why are you playing down both flanks if you're using a play maker through the middle?

I have ribery and robben on the flanks and i wanted them to be a big part of the play. my theory was that the playmaker distributes the ball to the flanks when in attack.

feel free to change focus passing to mixed. I have it on mixed now and it works well.

I have ribery and robben on the flanks and i wanted them to be a big part of the play. my theory was that the playmaker distributes the ball to the flanks when in attack.

feel free to change focus passing to mixed. I have it on mixed now and it works well.

Makes sense.

Have you tried just playing through the middle? If so, how did it work out? I tried it in a game I was losing 2-1 in and being out played in, and I ended up winning 3-2 and turning the game on it's head. I'm going to try it for a few more games and see what happens.

Have you tried playing wider? There is a theory that if you have a lot of players playing through the center, they can find it difficult to find space with so many people there, so playing wider allows them more to exploit more space in the center.

I'm conceding quite a few at the moment. I've played 4 games in the league, and I've conceded 7. Won 2, drew one and lost one. This is ith pretty much the Liverpool team I posted before, except Torres is injured. Do you think it'll start to get tighter as the season goes on? I think the problem could be the pressing/closing down, all my players seem to back off, apart from the MCR, who runs around like a headless chicken when not in possession.

if i understand you correctly you have only played 4 games with the tactic (wingback verson right?)? As I said earlier it takes a while for tactics to work this year.

Try focus passing on mixed maybe that helps since you dont have great wingers (or do you?)

I am currently working on the closing down issue and will upload something as soon as I figured it out.

I had been REALLY struggling with spurs in my first season. Grinding out results against poor opposition. I tried your tactic and it has turned my team round and saved my job! Attached screen shows me losing to liverpool then fulham with a different tactic. the rest are using your tactic. The bolton game was a fluke, gave away a penalty and they scored a rediculous goal from about 40 yards, still outplayed them though.

okay couldn't post an image so here are the results:

Liverpool A 0-2

Fulham H 2-3

Man City H 1-1

Birmingham H 3-1

Man Utd H 2-2

Wigan A 4-1

Blackpool H 4-0

Barnet A 4-0

Bolton A 1-3

I used a vastly weakened team against barnet and blackpool, used a lot of my youngsters.

Thanks MFG for these tactics.

I had been using the wingback version and getting good results against weaker teams with my Liverpool side. Playing better competition caused trouble. What I did was move back to fullbacks and move the 2 central mids back to DMC position. One as Deep Playmaker/Support the other as Def Mid/Defend and let them both get forward. Went on to win 7 without conceding including the FA Cup final. Had three 1-0 victories but the defence was rock solid only allowing 5 CCC (3 of which where against Newcastle for some reason) vs. 23 CCC for my team in those 7 games.

Trying to decide if I should plan to play like this next season or purchase some players to wingback the sexy football.

which pitch size to use? and what about OI ?

Assistant does OI. L: 105m W: 68m

Just got the game, and I'm gonna start one save with bayern too. Hope this tactic works for me as it worked for you!!! Any tips????

train olic as AML and play him as such. play ribery as AMR. works great till robben is fit again. Sell Demich, he sucks royal donkey. Get Rami, does great and scores headers (DCL).

Thanks MFG for these tactics.

I had been using the wingback version and getting good results against weaker teams with my Liverpool side. Playing better competition caused trouble. What I did was move back to fullbacks and move the 2 central mids back to DMC position. One as Deep Playmaker/Support the other as Def Mid/Defend and let them both get forward. Went on to win 7 without conceding including the FA Cup final. Had three 1-0 victories but the defence was rock solid only allowing 5 CCC (3 of which where against Newcastle for some reason) vs. 23 CCC for my team in those 7 games.

Trying to decide if I should plan to play like this next season or purchase some players to wingback the sexy football.

Wanna upload your DM version?

Man, just started with the same team an I lost to Bayern II!!!! There´s something wrong, is this normal?????

Uhm... team talk maybe?

tried this in the serie C2, had a pretty superior squad after getting lots of brazilians who are to good for the serie c2, pre season was good but I couldn't win a game in the league.

i played with the WB version

try using chadnw's tweaks.

really enjoying using this tactic and playing some great football. My only worry is my striker!! What type is best to play with? Fast and nippy or more of a target man type striker?

I use Mario Gomez (fast, good off the ball, good finishing) I was offered Dzeko for 9 mil € so I had to buy him, he's doing well too.

Hello Everybody,

Need some help using the WB Version. Here is a screenshot of my last game against fulham, i seem to be having to many long shots and not sure how to stop this.

Last Game

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/Liverpool/LiverpoolvFulhamSplitView.png

it's december in my game now have played 17 league games using the WB Version, not sure what im doing wrong.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/Liverpool/EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Any Ideas??

Hello Everybody,

Need some help using the WB Version. Here is a screenshot of my last game against fulham, i seem to be having to many long shots and not sure how to stop this.

Last Game

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/colonel99/Liverpool/LiverpoolvFulhamSplitView.png

Using the shout 'Work ball into box' can help reduce the number of long shots.

I'm at Real Madrd.

I use the Wb tactic for the most part of the games, except when i use the dmc version:

-Elimination Games

-vs Barcelona (WORKS REALLY WELL)

-when i'm using the second team (gago, diarra, arbeloa, etc)

-when the oposite side is creting more opurtunities

ok used this with Arsenal.. liking the tactic alot, very good home and away, beat spurs, man city and chelsea and am pleased so far, seems to work very well, sitting top of the prem at the beg of November and starting to score for fun. :D

question : do you change much for away games ?

what kind of instructions to you use during game?

Thinking abou using it as barça: Wil use WB like this:

GK - Valdes

DCR - Puyol

DCL - Piqué

WBR - Daniel Alves

WBL - Maxwell(Adriano is just 10 Months Injured)

MCR - Mascherano

MCL - Xavi

AMR - Messi

AMC - Iniesta

AML - Pedro or Bojan

STC - Villa

Just have some doubts.

Will Xavi help atack and is this the right position for messi?

Thanks

ok used this with Arsenal.. liking the tactic alot, very good home and away, beat spurs, man city and chelsea and am pleased so far, seems to work very well, sitting top of the prem at the beg of November and starting to score for fun. :D

question : do you change much for away games ?

what kind of instructions to you use during game?

I dont change anything for away games. I generally dont use instructions.

Thinking abou using it as barça: Wil use WB like this:

GK - Valdes

DCR - Puyol

DCL - Piqué

WBR - Daniel Alves

WBL - Maxwell(Adriano is just 10 Months Injured)

MCR - Mascherano

MCL - Xavi

AMR - Messi

AMC - Iniesta

AML - Pedro or Bojan

STC - Villa

Just have some doubts.

Will Xavi help atack and is this the right position for messi?

Thanks

Your setup looks good, id play like that. The MCL is defensive but joins in on the attack (use 2D highlights, you'll see). You could try Iniesta AML and Messi as AMC or ST. Experiment!

I've used this tactic with liverpool arsenal , both teams has great results thumbs up for this!

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback, it's great that it is working so well for so many of you! :D

Archived