MFG's Attacking 4-3-3 (2 Wingers, 1 AMC)

I've had quite a run with this tactic and felt it is time to share.

UPDATE: See updated version HERE

Formation & Squad

formationsquad.jpg

Results

results.jpg

League

leagueh.jpg

League Stats

leaguestats.jpg

These are the stats 23 games into the season.

Ribery played a lot of AMR due to Robben's long term injury.

Kroos is the AMC playmaker.

Olic usually plays AML.

Müller usually plays AMC or AMR.

Tactic

Version 1

Filefront

Sendspace

Positions:

Striker is Poacher.

AMC is the playmaker (Trequartista).

Wingers cut in (play left foot right and right foot left).

MCL joins attack.

MCR is defensive.

I like to use defenders with some pace, I dont know how slower ones do.

FBs are pretty standard.

!!NEW!! Tactic (version WB) should concede less

Filefront

Mediafire

Description is here

Only tested with Bayern.

Edit: Also works in Brazilian league and lower Italian league.

Assistant takes care of opposition instructions.

No shouts.

Feedback and tweaks are welcome.

first two games i won 3-0 and 4-0 , not agaisnt the strongest teams but still impressed :)

the attack is pretty solid.

I use Mario Gomez as ST and he isnt exactly amazing stat wise, but still scores a lot.

This tactic 11.1 or 11.0?

Created on 11.0. Works well on 11.1 though.

I think there's still room for improvements in your defense. Looking at your results, you didn't have a lot of cleansheets, and 18 goals conceded in 20 matches, is pretty good, but there's definitely room for improvements.

very happy with how you made this tactic so far ! 15 games in all comps and i had drawn 2 , lost 1 and won the rest . helped alot considering i couldnt make a decent formation at all and i was trying to make a similar type of system :)

Guest Keanegdom

You have tested this tactics with Bayern (who have amazing strength in their squad), so I decided to give it a try with a less powerful team. I picked Wolves and used the tactics in four pre-season friendlies. As far as pre-match teamtalk is concerned, I only used 'Result is not important, but fitness and performace' and usually 'Keep it going!' at half-time. Here are the results and my view on this tactics:

Wolves - Celtic (H) 2-1

Celtic players only managed to have 2 shots on target (I had 5). My players produced 5 clear cut chances, compared to Celtic's 0 (their goal came after a goal-line scramble). My striker scored 2 goals, after nice through balls from AMC and AMR. The game was balanced in terms of posession (49-51) and distance covered (115 km-116 km). Celtic were better in completed passes (71%-77%) and tackling (55%-70%), but that can be explained by the lack of good tacklers in my team (Henry and Zubar were unavailable for this game).

Wolves - St. Johnstone (H) 4-0

We totally outplayed St. Johnstone in this one. Their only chance came in the final moments, when the game was over anyway. We had more of the posession, completed more passes and created more chances. The only problem was the number of tackles won - I can only assume that it was down to the fact that my key tacklers were missing again. Our goals came from the lone striker (hattrick in 20 minutes) and one own goal.

Wolves - Bristol Rovers (A) 2-2

I decided to give some playing time to my fringe players. Their lack of ability was visible, as we conceded two early goals - the first one was a badly defended corner and the other came after a defensive mistake (missed header). During half-time I used 'I want to see more from you!' option and substituted three players. We managed to get a draw after two long-range shots from my MC®. Overall, the match stats were evenly balanced (though we had slightly more posession).

Wolves - PSV (A) 2-2

That was supposed to be the most challenging of the friendlies and the first one against a non-442 team. I picked my first team players and we did really well. After conceding early (from a corner kick), my players scored two goals just before the break (MCL and AMC - both from second-chance strikes). Then PSV equalised in 80th minute - their pacey striker exploited a gap between my DCs (through ball). The stats were encouraging - posession, pass completion and chances nearly equal for both teams.

My overall impression:

- Tactical settings for the striker (poacher) are absolutely amazing. He seems to be everywhere, passes the ball nicely and scores a lot. I believe a complete forward (Drogba, Ibrahimovic) could score an incredible number of goals when played in this position.

- The players don't give away free kicks and don't pick up cards (I got 1 yellow in 4 games). The defensive setup looks pretty solid in general.

- Another good sign is the number of long shots taken by opposition players - as long as you don't play against Scholes or Pirlo, you'll be happy to see the opposition waste a number of chances on long-range efforts.

- The movement, passing and flow of play looks efficient and attractive as there were only a few misplaced passes and individual mistakes.

But there is still some room for improvement:

- Set pieces settings need to be revised. The biggest threat comes from poorly defended corners. Also attacking corners don't create any real danger for the opposition.

- Low percentage of successful tackles. It means that AML, AMR and ST should have their tackling instructions changed to 'Easy' (their tackling skill is usually low, so they better stay on their feet). Or maybe the two MCs should tackle 'Hard' (if they have enough skill).

- Increasing FBs mentality/closing down might be a good idea (because your offensively-minded wingers leave too much space for opposition players to exploit).

All in all, I really think this tactics can be a great base to expand on. I'm now trying to tweak it a bit and If I manage to improve it in any way, I'll let you know.

very happy with how you made this tactic so far ! 15 games in all comps and i had drawn 2 , lost 1 and won the rest . helped alot considering i couldnt make a decent formation at all and i was trying to make a similar type of system :)

I am happy it's working for you.

All in all, I really think this tactics can be a great base to expand on. I'm now trying to tweak it a bit and If I manage to improve it in any way, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the insights. I noticed some of the things you mentioned already and changed a few things.

I think there's still room for improvements in your defense. Looking at your results, you didn't have a lot of cleansheets, and 18 goals conceded in 20 matches, is pretty good, but there's definitely room for improvements.

I'm a few games in with a tweaked version with 2 wing backs and 2 defensive MCs. I've only conceded once in 11 games since using it. I'll upload it in a bit.

So I did some tweaks here and there it's much better now. :D

Defense is superb and attack still works great, it's fun to watch.

I slowed play down a bit, made the MCL more defensive and pulled the FBs up to close down the gap.

If you have great wingers you can leave focus passing on the flanks, if not you can mix it up.

Formation

45753386.jpg

Results

resultsv2.jpg

Tactic (version WB)

Filefront

Mediafire

i go test this in Internacional (BRAZIL)

I think it only works with European giants.

First game i lost for the worst league team...

Look the opponent CCC...

1289166495-clip-65kb.jpg

The Second game a excellent result in a home game..

1289167427-clip-57kb.jpg

I'll finish the season and then post feedback ;)

Thank you.

i go test this in Internacional (BRAZIL)

I think it only works with European giants.

First game i lost for the worst league team...

Look the opponent CCC...

The Second game a excellent result in a home game..

I'll finish the season and then post feedback ;)

Thank you.

you gotta give your team some time to get used to it.

let me know how it goes after a few games.

I'll give it a good try in the Premiership tonight. I'll start with Liverpool, and I'm thinking...

GK; Reina

CB: Skrtel

CB: Agger

LWB: Coentrão

RWB: Johnson

LCM: Meireles

RCM: Poulson/ Lucas

AMR: Maybe Cole or Kuyt?

AML: Babel, and maybe sign Elia

AMC: Gerrard

ST: Torres

I think that would work very well tbh!

I'll give it a good try in the Premiership tonight. I'll start with Liverpool, and I'm thinking...

GK; Reina

CB: Skrtel

CB: Agger

LWB: Coentrão

RWB: Johnson

LCM: Meireles

RCM: Poulson/ Lucas

AMR: Maybe Cole or Kuyt?

AML: Babel, and maybe sign Elia

AMC: Gerrard

ST: Torres

I think that would work very well tbh!

You'll run into the same problem as I did...Coentrao is only a natural AML and DL, and unconvincing at WBL. Stupid I know, perhaps one for the editor.

Ahh right, I think it would be fair to give him 16-18 at LWB? I think Johnson is accomplished at RWB, so there should be no problems there, except I probably will need a back up right back.

I'd say so yeah, to give you that bit of a head start and he should become natural soon enough through development.

How does your AMC perform ?

Im using my own tactic, but same positions as this one. But my AMC rarely plays good :(

Kroos and Müller do well

kroos.jpg

I kept changing things that season, I assume he will be better in the second season. Also, I noticed the AMC gets better chances and is generally more involved when you change focus passing to mixed (obviously).

Kroos and Müller do well

I kept changing things that season, I assume he will be better in the second season. Also, I noticed the AMC gets better chances and is generally more involved when you change focus passing to mixed (obviously).

Hey bud, think you may need some sort of spoilers with that scout thing in corner. what is that addon btw? :p

Great tactic too, and you've encouraged me to start a Bayern save.

Superb Tactic mfg, really turned my season with Liverpool around, obviously started with the fb version and had success, iv now switched to the wb version and got stuffed 5-0 at old trafford but then beat everton 4-3, you sure teh tactic concedes less? :D

I'd guess they'd be very awkward in the tactic familiarity levels, hence conceding lots. I'd say give it a few games, and it should start to do much better. I'm giving it a full preseason, so hopefully I should have a flying start to the league.

it's not perfect and freaky things happen (I had to play Demichelis and he had an awful game, sold him immediately):

Exhibit A

wtfcc.jpg

Exhibit B

wtf2nd.jpg

I might start tweaking it a bit again.

Superb Tactic mfg, really turned my season with Liverpool around, obviously started with the fb version and had success, iv now switched to the wb version and got stuffed 5-0 at old trafford but then beat everton 4-3, you sure teh tactic concedes less? :D

I think this year tactic changes have more impact. I suggest you load the tactic and put it as one of the options for match preparation first.

filefon not work. reup 4-3-3 WG plz !!!

Mediafire (WB version)

I must have played 20 ish games with this now over two seasons and I am still unbeaten down in the Italian lower leagues, won most and drawn about 4 I would guess.. Great tactic!

:thup::D

will do mate, im in my final game of the season so il give it next preseason, do you think it matters much whether the players are natural at wb? Glen Johnson and Dodo are only accomplished WB's

should be fine. I even used Breno (DC) sometimes and it was fine.

Archived