Hotfix release?

I must be the 999th person asking but can SI give us a rough date or period by any chance? Because I'm sure for many of us the release date of a patch that makes the game realistic and ultimately playable is even more important than the release date of the game. I know SI likes to say that the patch will be released when it's ready and that they don't want to give out dates only to find a new bug at the last stage of testing, but that's okay as long as the reason's legitimate, because we just want something to look forward to. As I said, just like how we all look forward to the game's release date.

its ready when its ready, thats what keeps bein said. not much help iknow, but i cant see them changin their answer anytime soon. i doubt there could be much work to do on it if its only the spanish yellow cards and the french suspensions ana couple of other things. maybe monday? if they have weekends off.

• Administrators

The problem is they only came in the 11.1 patch. That's the difficult scenario with changing things in the game - with every single fix there's always potential for a knock-on elsewhere. Unfortunately these changes came in very late and they weren't spotted before the patch was released. We definitely understand your frustrations and we're just as frustrated here too. That's why we're looking to address the Spanish issue.

So is this mini patch just for 1 issue or several issues? Maybe some communication as to what is being looked at would placate people, also if it is going to be save game compatable. It is a pretty bigissue as people are waiting patiently to play a game they got yesterday.

What i would like to know is if the Patch (HOT FIX) will be compatible with a started saved game??.... this way i can go and prepare everything until the fix is there

They won't know for certain until the fix is done unfortunately, so it maybe but can't be guaranteed yet.

Sorry but that's as good as it gets at this stage.

It'll be released when it's ready, however it certainly won't be any time this weekend. Cheers.

I have a slight problem with this kind of response. On the one hand I understand the need to be clear and unequivocal so as to avoid accidently raising any hopes and to try and avoid posts asking about the hotfix from proliferating. But on the other hand, it does make you sound kind of irritable, as if you and SI are fed up with people wondering and running out if patience with us. I guess I just don't like your tone when people who've bought the game fair and square are feeling frustrated and eagerly anticipating when they can play in Spain properly.

I have a slight problem with this kind of response. On the one hand I understand the need to be clear and unequivocal so as to avoid accidently raising any hopes and to try and avoid posts asking about the hotfix from proliferating. But on the other hand, it does make you sound kind of irritable, as if you and SI are fed up with people wondering and running out if patience with us. I guess I just don't like your tone when people who've bought the game fair and square are feeling frustrated and eagerly anticipating when they can play in Spain properly.

my idea as well...

The problem is they only came in the 11.1 patch. That's the difficult scenario with changing things in the game - with every single fix there's always potential for a knock-on elsewhere. Unfortunately these changes came in very late and they weren't spotted before the patch was released. We definitely understand your frustrations and we're just as frustrated here too. That's why we're looking to address the Spanish issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't actually programmed for eons, and even if I had, it was C#, but...

If there are "knock-on" effects then it's bad programming, no ?

That's why we're looking to address the Spanish issue.

I take it this means you are not interested in fixing the other problems people are having?

Why is it so difficult for the people at SI to communicate effectively with their paying customers?

Why is it so difficult for the people at SI to communicate effectively with their paying customers?

Every year I get fed up of people complaining about silly little things which barely impact on the game. People bandy the word "unplayable" around like it's going out of fashion and I'll never cease to be amazed at how much fuss people can make over nothing.

However, I sometimes wonder if some of this might be eliminated if SI did as you say and communicated better with their paying customers. They've released a game this year that, as far as I can tell, looks pretty great but has two glaring errors. The French is not a gamebreaker and the Spanish one only effects you if you load Spain (obviously). But still, even if not unplayable, they spoil the fun. SI would do well to remember that people's excitement about the game is at its highest at this point every year and if they really can't put the game out without this kind of error, they could at least not condescend to us when we start clamouring for a version of the game where Spanish clubs aren't ripped apart by suspensions every two or three games or where clubs with French internationals can do their pre-season planning with their French players included. But they'd rather just tell us to shut up and wait.

I take it this means you are not interested in fixing the other problems people are having?

Nope, if any of the other fixes can be tied in with this one they will be is the way I understand it to work, that's normal because different Devs will be working on different fixes.

It depends on what else is ready or close to ready once the Spanish fixes are done, ergo, you wouldn't expect them to hold up the Spanish fix because another fix is going to take 3 weeks.

• Administrators

Apologies if people have misconstrued my comments as being arsey or fed up from hearing from users. That was certainly not my intention. I've got a lot of people to help out so was trying to be quick with my response. Basically I can only give you the information I have - the information I have is that there won't be a hotfix this weekend and that the Spanish issue will be looked at. Other than that I know as much as you do I'm afraid.

Apologies if people have misconstrued my comments as being arsey or fed up from hearing from users. That was certainly not my intention. I've got a lot of people to help out so was trying to be quick with my response. Basically I can only give you the information I have - the information I have is that there won't be a hotfix this weekend and that the Spanish issue will be looked at. Other than that I know as much as you do I'm afraid.

No worries, Neil. I guess some of us forget how busy you are at the moment.

. But they'd rather just tell us to shut up and wait.

A bit harsh I feel, I'd translate it as you can chunter all you like but the waiting bit is unavoidable and a prediction on delivery is impossible to make, so while you chunter please keep that in mind.

It's not intentionaly keeping us uninformed, it's just that there is nothing more than that to give as yet.

Pre-empted by Neil lol.

A bit harsh I feel, I'd translate it as you can chunter all you like but the waiting bit is unavoidable and a prediction on delivery is impossible to make, so while you chunter please keep that in mind.

It's not intentionaly keeping us uninformed, it's just that there is nothing more than that to give as yet.

I was was more concerned with tone than with the actual content of what's said. If there's no news, there's no news. Just don't tell us in a manner that suggests you've forgotten we've paid for the game. That's all.

Archived