[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

June 2015

League: Tord 2-2 Kvarnby

I think we did well considering they are top of the table and that Stefan Nilsson (YP13) decides to get sent off 13 mins into the game. Despite going behind twice we were saved by Johan Bystrom (YP2).

League: Oster 2-1 Tord

Again we don't get the result our performance deserves. Johan Bystrom (YP2) got our only goal of the game but it was not enough to get any points which is what we desperately need.

League: Lindsdal 0-2 Tord

We are now 4 points from safety with a game in hand so this game was a must win. Thankfully we did win it so are now only 1 point from safety but we have been warned. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) took just 28 seconds to head us in front. Johan Bystrom (YP2) added a 2nd in 2nd half injury time to give us our 1st win since the 8-0 against Norrby.

League: Tord 1-1 Vimmerby

Gutted again, this time a last minute goal refused us the win. Johan Bystrom (YP2) gave us the lead in the 64th min but Vimmerby equalised in the 92nd min.

LeagueTableJune-4.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have literally no idea what to do, I have kept wages down to a bare minimum, stopped entering us into reserve and u18 leagues, reduced my wage to £1/week but we are still losing money. They annoying thing is we would be making quite a bit of money if it weren't for the loan repayments

You might be lucky and get a new Chairman :p

Flamers

Really interesting read this. Hope you get a swedish wonderkid through the ranks soon. Well done for choosing a team from Jönköping. I support the hockey team in that town. HV71. And Jönköping is considered to be the christian capital in Sweden, lots of religious people there. So at least you should have the benefit of having the heavenly powers on your side:)

Good luck with this project.

Really interesting read this. Hope you get a swedish wonderkid through the ranks soon. Well done for choosing a team from Jönköping. I support the hockey team in that town. HV71. And Jönköping is considered to be the christian capital in Sweden, lots of religious people there. So at least you should have the benefit of having the heavenly powers on your side:)

Good luck with this project.

Thanks, I will be looking forward to those heavenly powers showing themselves on my side.

You might be lucky and get a new Chairman :p

Flamers

The last new chairmen was the one that put me into this debt so unless I get a guy who has a bit of money to clear the debt I don't really want a new chairman.

Looks like you used up all your goals in that one game!

Yer I'd rather the goals were spread around a bit but generally this season we are doing alright for goals. I find it a bit weird that we have beaten someone 8-0 but still could quite easily get relegated :D.

July 2015

League: Tord 3-1 Vastra Frolunda

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) headed home to give us the lead in the 12th min but we couldn't hold on till half time. Finally our dominance paid off when Fredrik Bjork (YP12) added a 2nd in the 76th min and 5 mins later they scored an own goal to make it 3-1 and give us the 3 points.

League: Hassleholm 1-0 Tord

Disappointing as we deserved at least a draw but an own goal in the 56th min was our downfall.

League: Tord 2-0 Rosengard

Gustavsson gave us the lead in the 22nd min when he headed home from a free kick. Then 17 mins later their keeper managed to punch the ball into his own net from a corner.

League: Tord 3-0 Lund

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead in 1st half injury time, Fredrik Bjork (YP12) added a 2nd at the start of the 2nd half and Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) rounded things off in the 79th min with an easy tap in.

LeagueTableJuly-5.png

August 2015

League: Torslanda 3-1 Tord

We played incredibly badly until the last 10 mins. Unfortunately by then it was too late as we were already 3-0 down. Although as consolations go

League: Varnarmo 2-0 Tord

We knew this wouldn't be our day when we missed a penalty in the 28th min and from that miss Varnarmo would go and score the 1st of their goals. They then got a 2nd in the 58th min to effectively end the match as a contest.

League: Tord 3-0 Norrby

I'm disappointed I wanted double figures :D. I'll take the win and the 11-0 aggregate win. We scored twice in 4 mins in the 1st half to set us on our way. Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) and Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) getting the 2 goals. The final outcome could have been so different if Norrby put away the penalty they earned in the 42nd min. But they didn't and we made them pay when Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) added a 3rd in the 2nd half.

League: Kristianstad 2-0 Tord

Another poor away performance resigned us to our 4th straight away defeat.

League: Tord 1-1 Husqvarna

Johan Bystrom (YP2) gave us the lead against our rivals with his 1st goal in 9 matches. Unfortunately this wasn't enough for the win as Husqvarna equalised in the 84th min.

LeagueTableAug-42.png

The Gods are with you now when you play at home:)

I think you are doing very well, thinking about the fact you only use homegrown players. Hope you can keep up the good run of results.

Our home form is pretty good but our away form is that of relegation candidates.

Great month there, 9 points from 12 is title-winning form!

Unfortunately we are too inconsistent to keep that up although it's good to know we have the quality to beat this teams.

Do you think there will only be players with swedish nationality coming through the ranks via your youth system, or do you think you will get players with different nationalities (norwegians, danes e.g.) when your youth facilities improve?

September 2015

League: Kvarna 2-0 Tord

Another away defeat and another poor performance to go with it, something we need to sort out if we want to get anywhere.

League: Tord 2-1 Lindsdal

The better team won but it was not pretty. Thomas Jonsson (YP4) headed us in front less than a minute into the 2nd half. But they were back on level terms 7 mins later thanks to an own goal. Then a mix up between their keeper and defender meant we were back in front thanks to another own goal.

LeagueTableSept-39.png

I am really surprised at how many "bad" or "pointless" takeovers their are, in my save 2 of the lowest clubs (Level 8 or lower) have been taken over by foreign chairmen, but still, thats the way the cookie crumbles..

Flamers

Do you think there will only be players with swedish nationality coming through the ranks via your youth system, or do you think you will get players with different nationalities (norwegians, danes e.g.) when your youth facilities improve?

It will be mainly Swedes but I assume there will be other nationalities or players with secondary nationalities like there are for clubs in England. I already have a Bosnian and Herzegovinian in my squad and my youth facilities are poor. Most likely the other nationalities are going to be other Scandanvian countries. Not sure if you are more likely to get other nationalities as your youth facilities improve though

I am really surprised at how many "bad" or "pointless" takeovers their are, in my save 2 of the lowest clubs (Level 8 or lower) have been taken over by foreign chairmen, but still, thats the way the cookie crumbles..

Flamers

Normally when I get taken over nothing major happens. They just say they won't be investing any money blah blah blah life goes on. This is the 1st time in all my fm playing time that the new chairman has immediately done something financially.

Well, you certainly should be able to avoid the drop, and it looks like you could easily finish in 6th. To me, that seems like a similar progression to your move up the second division ranks. By extrapolation, you should be ready for promotion in another couple years. :)

What are your stadium facilities like?

Well, you certainly should be able to avoid the drop, and it looks like you could easily finish in 6th. To me, that seems like a similar progression to your move up the second division ranks. By extrapolation, you should be ready for promotion in another couple years. :)

What are your stadium facilities like?

That would be incredible if I could get promotion within a few years but it seems rather unlikely. My stadium capacity is 5200, 1500 of which is seating. My average attendance this season is 338 so still loads of room for more fans.

Just been reading this thread, you've put in a shift and half so far! Great team name, too! KUTGW!

Thanks

October 2015

League: Vimmerby 0-0 Tord

Bore draw, if anything they were the better team but thats not really saying much.

League: Tord 2-0 Oster

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us an early lead which Johan Bystrom (YP2) doubled at the start of the 2nd half. We are now offcially safe as well :D

League: Vastra Frolunda 2-1 Tord

We were completely outplayed 1st half and were lucky to still be level by half time thanks to a Johan Bystrom (YP2) equaliser. However it was more of the same in the 2nd half but this time we couldn't hold on to a draw.

League: Tord 0-1 Hassleholm

A disappointing way to end the season especially as we deserved at least a point but it doesn't make too much difference in the final standings.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish First Division South , 2015

League Table, League Graph

Squad

Didn't really expect much this season so it's hard to be disappointed. The only thing I am slighty gutted about his Johan Bystrom (YP2) not continuing his scoring form into the 2nd half of the season. Should have finished higher than we did but we had some of the worst luck consistently this season. Hopefully it'll turn around for next season.

Swedish Cup

Squeezed past Ljungby from the league below thanks to a Johan Bystrom (YP2) hat trick but went out next round 3-1 to Trelleborg in the league above.

Youth Players

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) - Was very below average this season, needs to step it up especially as I am selling our 1st choice left back in a bid to reduce wages.

Johan Bystrom (YP2) - Really has got to grips with this level but after the start he had I am a bit disappointed with how he ended up. Went from scoring 15 in 13 to 18 in 28. Despite this drop in form he still claimed the Swedish First Division South Golden Boot.

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) - Didn't do too badly as Bystrom's sidekick but will be looking to contribute more next season.

Thomas Jonsson (YP4) - Made 13 appearances all from off the bench and scoring just 1 goal, when a suitable replacement is found this guy will be sold because I don't think he is able to handle this level.

Tony Thoren (YP5) - Another good season from our star centreback. Only picking up 1 yellow card as well, showing the rest how its done.

Filip Linder (YP6) - Was everpresent for us this season and again was good. Can never seem to get a good average rating though, as long as he doesn't concede too many goals thats good enough for me.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Didn't play at all this season, was injured for most of it so didn't really get an opportunity.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) - A very good season for the man who is usually overshadowed by Johan Bystrom (YP2). 7 goals and 9 assists shows how useful he was.

Christer Lindahl (YP9) - Only played twice due to injury but was good in both the games he played in.

Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) - The less said about his season the better, played only twice and was terrible in both matches.

Calle Ewald (YP11) - Will need to step it up for the same reason as Anton Alvefelt (YP1) I am selling the 1st choice left back due to his high age. This gives Calle a good chance next season for a lot of 1st team football.

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) - Like a few of his team mates his season was hampered by injury but what I saw of him was very good. More of the same next season please.

Stefan Nilsson (YP13) - If he was just more disciplined he could easily be as good as Tony Thoren (YP5) but 7 yellow and 1 red in 20 games is far too much.

Paul Johansson (YP14) - Was 1st choice DM for the season and played it reasonably well, still expect him to improve in the seasons to come.

Robin Johannesson (YP15) - Was sub for Paul Johansson (YP14), made 17 appearances all from off the bench. Not a good season for him and like Johansson I expect him to improve.

Anders Svensson (YP16) - Not much to say only made 1 appearance off the bench, did alright.

Finances - Will be attempting to sell a few players to reduce the wage bill by around £400/week which by my calculations should mean we turn a profit next season especially as our new stadium sponsorship deal has risen from £9.3k/season to £12k/season for this coming season.

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A
2013         Second Division EG            1st                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2014         First Division South          9th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2015         First Division South          9th                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[center][b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-------------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa  |   Liverpool  Tottenham    Sunderland |  Fulham      Blackpool  Newcastle
2011/12  |   Man Utd |  Man City  Arsenal    Liverpool    |   Chelsea    Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sunderland  West Ham   Wolves
2012/13  |   Man Utd |  Liverpool Arsenal    Chelsea      |   Man City   Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sheff Wed   West Brom  Forest
2013/14  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Arsenal      |   Liverpool  Man City     Aston Villa|  Portsmouth  Hull       Barnsley
2014/15  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Liverpool    |   Man City   Arsenal      Blackburn  |  Stoke       Charlton   Plymouth

[center][b][u][size=3]Ligue 1[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  AS Monaco | Lyon       Marseille   |    Lille          AS Nancy       PSG          | Stade Brestois  Lens          Arles-Avignon
2011/12   |  Lyon      | PSG        Marseille   |    AS Monaco      Stade Rennais  Lille        | Toulouse        Le Mans       Nantes
2012/13   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  Lille       |    Stade Rennais  Bordeaux       Marseille    | Grenoble        Auxerre       Caen
2013/14   |  Lyon      | Bordeaux   AS Monaco   |    PSG            Marseille      Stade Rennais| Ajaccio         Nice          Amiens
2014/15   |  Lyon      | Lille      AS Monaco   |    Marseille      Bordeaux       Boulogne     | Montpellier     Valenciennes  Le Mans

[center][b][u][size=3]German 1st Division[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Schalke   | Dortmund   Wolfsburg   |    FC Bayern      W. Bremen      Leverkusen   | Mainz           St Pauli      Kaiserslautern
2011/12   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Stuttgart   |    Aachen         Leverkusen     Schalke      | Hannover        Freiburg
2012/13   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Schalke     |    W. Bremen      Dortmund       Karlsruhe    | Nurnberg        Gladbach      Dusseldorf
2013/14   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen HSV         |    Schalke        Wolfsburg      Karlsruhe    | Offenbach       1860 Munchen          
2014/15   |  Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Dortmund    |    W.Bremen       Stuttgart      Schalke      | Frankfurt       Mainz  

[center][b][u][size=3]Serie A[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Juventus  | Sampdoria    Roma       AC Milan  |   Inter         Palermo     Napoli   | Chievo          Lecce      Brescia
2011/12   |  Juventus  | AC Milan     Inter      Sampdoria |   Palermo       Napoli      Genoa    | Atalanta        Torino     Novara
2012/13   |  Napoli    | AC Milan     Fiorentina Roma      |   Juventus      Genoa       Cagliari | Bologna         Bari       Cesena
2013/14   |  Juventus  | Roma         Palermo    Genoa     |   Napoli        Fiorentina  AC Milan | Sassuolo        Triestina  Modena          
2014/15   |  Inter     | Napoli       Roma       AC Milan  |   Juventus      Udinese     Palermo  | Lecce           Brescia    Empoli 

[center][b][u][size=3]La Liga[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  R. Madrid | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Athletic  |   Villareal     Sevilla     Sporting | Racing        Almeria       Osasuna
2011/12   |  Barcelona | R.Madrid     Villareal   At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Valencia    Zaragoza | Tenerife      Numancia      Xerez
2012/13   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    Valencia    At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Mallorca    Athletic | Almeria       Hercules      Levante
2013/14   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Malaga    |   Sevilla       Villareal   Valencia | Girona        Osasuna       Recreativo  
2014/15   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Sevilla   |   Malaga        Villareal   Mallorca | Racing        R. Sociedad   Betis 

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League

2010/11: Inter e4-1 R.Madrid

2011/12: Man Utd 3-1 Barcelona

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-0 AC Milan

2013/14: Man Utd 1-0 Lyon

2014/15: R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

Euro Cup

2010/11: Man City 3-1 Napoli

2011/12: FC Bayern e2-1 Leverkusen

2012/13: Genoa 1-3 Palermo

2013/14: Porto 2-1 Juventus

2014/15: Liverpool p1-1 Marseille

FA Cup

2010/11: Sheff Wed 1-3 Chelsea

2011/12: Man Utd e2-1 Birmingham

2012/13: Tottenham p2-2 Blackburn

2013/14: Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

2014/15: Tottenham 3-2 Man Utd

French Cup

2010/11: Strasbourg 1-0 Lorient

2011/12: Guingamp 2-1 Lyon

2012/13: Marseille 3-1 AS Monaco

2013/14: Marseille 1-3 Lyon

2014/15: Lyon 4-0 Caen

German Cup

2010/11: HSV 1-3 FC Bayern

2011/12: FC Bayern 2-1 Bochum

2012/13: Ahlen 1-3 Schalke

2013/14: HSV 1-1p Koln

2014/15: Schalke 4-1 Leverkusen

Italian Cup

2010/11: Napoli 1-2 Udinese

2011/12: Palermo 2-1 Lazio

2012/13: Roma 3-0 Juventus

2013/14: Cagliari 1-2 Juventus

2014/15: Napoli 2-4 Genoa

Spanish Cup

2010/11: At.Madrid 1-0 R.Madrid

2011/12: R.Madrid 3-2 Getafe

2012/13: Valencia 1-2 Osasuna

2013/14: R.Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Valencia 0-3 R.Madrid

European Championship

2012: Portugal 2-0 Holland *England failed to qualify, finishing behind Wales and Switzerland in their group.

World Cup

2014: Germany 0-0p Brazil *England reached the 2nd round before being knocked by Belgium 2-0

If you want any updates on specific teams don't hesitate to ask

Looks like you have established yourself in the division now. Next target must be to finish in the top half. It's a very good read this, nicely presented.

I am still looking forward to the first real gem to come through for you. May take a little while, but will be worth the wait when you get a real talent. KUTGW!

been following your stuff mate amazing stuff keep it up seems like you're very patient great stuff!!! love reading this at work lol

Thanks, hope I'm not distracting you from your work too much :D

Thank the lord, at least the in game FA has some sense...

Flamers

If only they had some in real life

Looks like you have established yourself in the division now. Next target must be to finish in the top half. It's a very good read this, nicely presented.

I am still looking forward to the first real gem to come through for you. May take a little while, but will be worth the wait when you get a real talent. KUTGW!

To be honest I think Johan Bystrom (YP2) has been really good for us, maybe not a gem of a player but could do with a few more of him in the team.

I really hope I can finish top half but after selling a few players the media predict me to finish last and my promotion odds for next season are 200-1 :D Looks like it's going to be tough. I have given up trying to make a profit while the loan is still going on, everytime I reduce the wage budget we somehow lose more money I don't understand it. The extra money we are losing is coming from the "other" section so I am not sure how to counter it.

Preseason

Media Prediction: 14th

Promotion Odds: 200-1

Expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

Wage Budget: £1,269 (£3,266)

Wage Bill: £1,348 (£1,525)

Ticket price: £11.00 (£10.10)

Season Ticket Holders: 111 (110)

Season Ticket Price: £106.00 (£96.60)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

I decided to add 3 more youth players to the ranks:

Christoffer Zekria (YP17) (ST) - Report

Lars Lundgren (YP18) (ML) - Report - Will be retrained at centre mid to fit in with my tactics.

Martin Andersson (YP19) (ST) - Report

Friendlies

Tord 0-2 Enskede

Sandvikens IF 1-0 Tord

April 2016

Swedish Cup Preliminary Round: Motala AIF 1-3 Tord

Got off to a good start by scoring the opening goal, who else but Johan Bystrom (YP2) getting it. Unfortunately this lead lasted just 4 mins but as the game wore on we opened them up more and more. This allowed Stefan Nilsson (YP13) to steal in in the 26th min to retake the lead for us. Then Isaac Blixt wrapped up a fantastic display which he had already claimed 2 assists in

(admittedly it was the keeper's fault but nonetheless a good finish).

Swedish Cup 1st Round: Friska Viljor 2-1 Tord

Disappointing performance against lower league opposition. We conceded right before half time and despite Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) equalising 10 mins into the 2nd half we went on to concede again. This time we didn't manage to come back from it.

League: Hassleholm 1-1 Tord

A very good start to the league campaign, performance wise if not result wise. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) headed us in front after just 64 seconds but Hassleholm were level just 10 mins later. From then on we dominated the match but just couldn't grab that all important 2nd goal.

League: Tord 1-1 Rosengard

Again we took the lead and again we failed to hold onto it. Paul Johansson (YP14) smashing in a 25 yard freekick into the top corner to give us the lead but Rosengard were level on the half hour mark. Overall we were the better side but didn't take our chances.

League: Qviding 2-0 Tord

To be fair we were completely outplayed but if it weren't for a 2 min spell in the 1st half we could have snuck away with a 0-0 draw. Qviding scored in the 16th then 18th min to get the win they deserved.

LeagueTableApr-33.png

May 2016

League: Tord 2-0 Kristianstad

Our 1st league win of the season at long last. Johan Bystrom (YP2) gave us a 1st half lead which we didn't manage to throw away this time. The job was made it easier in the 2nd half when they got a man sent off. We cruised to the final whistle and even got a 2nd in the 90th min when they put the ball into their own net.

League: Torslanda 2-2 Tord

I am proud of this draw because I believe it was my tactical switch around which helped us savage a point (admittedly it was my tactics at the start which caused the team to be 2-1 down). There was a hectic start to this match which saw 3 goals in 5 mins from the 12th to 17th mins. Anders Svensson (YP16) headed home from a corner to put us 1-0 up but Torslanda twice struck within a few mins to reverse the scoreline. For the final 10 mins of the match I switched things up which, in my head at least, saw us perform much better nd allow Johan Bystrom (YP2) to equalise in the dying seconds.

League: Tord 0-0 Vastra Frolunda

Really should have beaten them, at least its encouraging signs that we can outplay the top of the table. Up next are 2 matches against our fierce rivals both of which are away :S.

League: Jonkopings Sodra 0-1 Tord

The 1st of the fierce rivals matches and we performed above expectations even if Jonkopings are struggling at the moment. Deserved to win by more than 1 goal as well. Johan Bystrom (YP2) got the only goal of the game just after half time but he is now starting to generate interest from other clubs :(.

League: Husqvarna 1-1 Tord

Were outplayed here but got a bit of luck to secure a point. We kept them at bay well until they scored in the 75th min but Fredrik Bjork (YP12) equalised 7 mins later to get us an undeserved point.

LeagueTableMay-8.png

Looking difficult to get consistency again hrbfcrule. Are the youth players getting better the more game time they are getting? Do you think that in a few years they'll push you towards the top?

Yes they are definately getting better but they can still improve. The oldest of my youth players are only 23 with the majority being around 20/21 so still 5 or 6 years before I start getting the best out of them.

As for promotion, I would say its possible in 2 or 3 seasons if I'm lucky (which I'm not)

Well being hard to beat is half the battle, so you're doing well! A little more potency up the sharp end and you'll be alright :)

I have changed the match preperation from "Defensive Positioning" to "Attacking Movement". Hopefully it will help me score more goals.

Still doing well! I agree with SnakeXe, if you manage to get your players to play better up front I'm sure you'll be promoted in no time. :thup:

Also, I might be starting a career thread sometime soon, so would you mind I copied your Club Information template?

Yer you can use my Club Information template

How in depth do you go with tactics? I really want to start one of these Youth Games, but my experience with the tactics is quite limited. I'll adjust the defensive line, the tempo and the width, and allow my creative players more freedom, but it seems to be in a game like this you really need to be on the ball with your tactics since you can't just go out and get better players?

You'll need to be fairly flexible, as you'll have to find a tactic to suit the players you have, rather than buy the players for your preferred tactic as you usually can, but I wouldn't have said you'd need to be a tactical genius or anything.

How in depth do you go with tactics? I really want to start one of these Youth Games, but my experience with the tactics is quite limited. I'll adjust the defensive line, the tempo and the width, and allow my creative players more freedom, but it seems to be in a game like this you really need to be on the ball with your tactics since you can't just go out and get better players?

I'm not too good with tactics generally but you will have to fiddle around especially at the start of the game to find something that works for your team. The good thing about using only youth products is that once you have found a tactic that works it should work for a long time.

At the start of the save I messed about with the team instructions and the player instructions of the more important players. Now I don't change them at all, although I do have a 2nd and 3rd tactic ready incase we go on a bad run of results or the team isn't perorming as well as they should.

I have 3 tactics:

4-1-2-3: 4 defenders, 1 defensive mid, 2 centre mids and 3 strikers

4-1-2-1-2: Same as above except 1 striker is swapped with an attacking centre mid.

4-1-3-2: 4 defenders, 1 defensive mid, 3 centre mids and 2 strikers.

The 4-1-2-3 is usually my home tactic and the 4-1-2-1-2 is usually my away tactic

I'm not too good with tactics generally but you will have to fiddle around especially at the start of the game to find something that works for your team. The good thing about using only youth products is that once you have found a tactic that works it should work for a long time.

At the start of the save I messed about with the team instructions and the player instructions of the more important players. Now I don't change them at all, although I do have a 2nd and 3rd tactic ready incase we go on a bad run of results or the team isn't perorming as well as they should.

I have 3 tactics:

4-1-2-3: 4 defenders, 1 defensive mid, 2 centre mids and 3 strikers

4-1-2-1-2: Same as above except 1 striker is swapped with an attacking centre mid.

4-1-3-2: 4 defenders, 1 defensive mid, 3 centre mids and 2 strikers.

The 4-1-2-3 is usually my home tactic and the 4-1-2-1-2 is usually my away tactic

You must love narrow pitches. :D

Archived