The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

Better chance than the Finns!!!!

When was the last time you's were in the World Cup??? eh eh eh answer the question eh eh??? LOL icon_biggrin.gif (private joke)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wanting to give others a chance... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

Better chance than the Finns!!!!

When was the last time you's were in the World Cup??? eh eh eh answer the question eh eh??? LOL icon_biggrin.gif (private joke)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop humiliating yourself, poor Scot. icon_wink.gif

westhamlogo.jpg

WEST HAM UPDATE.....

EPL CHARLTON (H)

In the opening 15 mins it was all west ham charlton could not get a grip off the ball.The pressure paid off on 28 mins whenReo-Coker puts the Hammers 1-0 up.

On 74 mins Johanssen makes it 1-1, but Defoe restores west ham's lead on 78 mins and it stayed that way.

EPL PORTSMOUTH WON 2-1

Cerci puts the hammers 1-0 up on 13 mins, Berger scores an OG on 24mins but Todorov pulls a goal back for Portsmouth.West Ham hold on for yet another win.

EPL MIDDLESBROUGH (H) WON 3-1

West ham get off to a good start as Defoe scores from the penalty spot on 12 mins he then gets his 2nd goal on the hour mark.

Carrick cracks in no.3 from a 20yrd free kick on 68 min.

Job pulls 1 back for the boro.

EPL STOKE (A) DREW 1-1

In a quite 1st half in ends 0-0.

Cerci scores on 68 mins to give west ham the lead, but Akinbiyi makes it 1-1 for stoke.

This was a poor game from West Ham's point of view.

FIXTURES TO COME:

H - STAINTS

A

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by razor123:

marlow, did you wipe out the 2 error reports of mine? icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they left by themselves. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least i'm doing reports OJ... not many are.

Yeah Razor but you got all of last year to catch up from when you didn't do reports....and have you decided which hat OJ should chew on yet ?

Last night was a good night for my Coventry team as we finally go top of the league. My intention is to stay at least top two and avoid the agony of a play off, but the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. Only one defeat all night has helped maintain the position and a nice 1-0 away win in the FA cup against Villa sees me drawn against QPR in the next round.

On the playing front I have now got the goals coming from all three of my main strikers so things are looking good there for now (I just hope to avoid all the injuries OJ is having), my defence seems to pick itself which is always a good thing and my midfield is always a big decision as one bad game means a player can be out for a good few games as others step up and perform well, so all in all things are looking good.

The big question (maybe a bit premature as well) is are we good enough for the EPL ? WBA are struggling after walking the league last season so I am aware how much of a big step up it is, but I feel I have the depth I missed last time with Coventry and I also am not relying on loan signings this time which should help, but.......(all together now) ONLY TIME WILL TELL !!!!

The EPL has seen both Sami and Razor fighting for the 'Top Human Manager' mantle with OJ a poor third (but improving it has to be said) and Fudge making progress with some great wins but also seeking the consistency of last season.

Back in Div One Craig is hanging onto his job as Villa boss (only just) and is still my main worry to challenge me as I know he is due to put a good run together soon, Moncs on the other hand must be disappointed with the poor form shown so far but I shall be at his house for Thurs session so I shall help him a wee bit icon_smile.gif.....

SAINTS REPORT

Progress

We have had a little performane glitch, or more of a finishing glitch as we lost twice in a row to top contenders, 0-1 to both Razors Hammers and the Loony Toons from the north. Given was the MOM in that game... never seen that happen icon_rolleyes.gif And before those matches some bad results aswell.

As we are in mid-january some transfers are happening. We just aquired Daniel, a strong right full-back, who atleast seems to be gifted as hell and on the 19th we'll get another free transfer to boost the midfield. The lad being Riccardo Montolivo, a wonderkid from Atalanta and currently on loan to Arse'n'anal.

Fixtures

EPL

H Blackburn 3-0 An uneven encounter which saw two defenders (Lundekvam & De La Cuesta) score from freekicks and Beattie heading one home. MOM to Lundekvam and the shots: Saints 16/9 Rovers 1/1

A Man City 4-0 Another easy game for us with the shots going our way with 18/11 and 4/4 to the "Citizens". Vampeta got things started from a nice team move which saw him put the ball in the top corner from 7 yards. Things continued with Delgado, Oskarsson and Delap scoring one a piece. Beattie got 3 assists and Vampeta MOM.

A Charlton 1-1 A diffiult game which we dominated slightly, but not in the extent the shot stats would indicate. (Charlton 5/3 Saints 15/7 When we were banging our head with desperate long shots suddenly Charlton snatched the lead thru a Sott Parker goal in the 65th minute. We got the equaliser 9 minutes later with Suazo scoring. MOM went to Jonathan Fortune.

H Middlesbrough 0-0 FRUSTRATING icon_mad.gif Our shots went 25/14 and theirs going 2/2.... take a wild guess on the MOM award icon_rolleyes.gif .... nuff said....

A West Ham 0-1 Well we lost this game and it was an exiting enounter. With a wee more luck we would've drawn the game but nae luck. The goal was scored by another Icelandic, Kristjansson, in the 58th minute. MOM went to... *drums* .... David James... icon_rolleyes.gif

A Newcastle 0-1 End-to-end stuff with the shots going 11/7 for the Toons and 12/6 for us. My old arch enemy, who has sored against me almost everytime since cm2, Shearer got the opener in the 25th minute, which in the end proved to be the winner. MOM to Given. blah...

Note: Too many points lost recently icon13.gif

H Wolves 3-0 So the match where we really needed to bounce back to remain as title contenders and we did just that. In the 3rd minute Oskarsson got the first goal and when Jody Craddock was sent off in the 14th minute the game was pretty much killed off. It took however some time before we got more goals. Pahars in the 60th minute and Oskarsson another to his tally in the 63rd minute. MOM Oskarsson and shots: Saints 12/6 Wolves 3/2

A Tottenham 2-1 The last game of the session and it was against our beloved OJ and his troubled Spurs. We went into this game knowing that loosing this game would set us adrift from the title race, so the win was absolutely fabulous. It was a tight affair with Spurs making it a nightmare start for us scoring in 35 seconds. Lundekvam then stepped up in the 19th minute and scored from another freekick and showed to his manager that the freekick he scored against Blakburn wasn't a fluke. I felt the further the match went the more we where in ontrol, and Oskarsson finally got the winner in the 79th minute. Shots went 10/5 for both and MOM went to Lundekvam.

Champions League

A Valencia 5-0 A game where the home fans was propably raging. First they had Ayala sent off in the 24rd minute, then they got Albelda also sent off in the 41st minute and we had a penalty out of it, Beattie took care of that. We got one more just before HT with a screamer from Vampeta. Then it was just cruise control and Padoin, Suazo and Cesar Delgado scoring one a piece. Shots: 2/0 for Valencia and 23/13 for us and the MOM went to Delgado.

H Roma 3-0 A very nice win. We had 24/14 shots and they had 7/3. Cesar Delgado scored the first one in the 37th minute, the Roma GK was to blame. Delap got the GameKiller in the 55th minute and in the 89th minute Suazo scored to make the numbers bit more healthy. MOM went to Delap.

A MTK 8-0 A meaningless match where i had already won the group and they where always gonna be last. So i had so many backups as possible playing and did not expect this outcome. Well it was 0-2 to us in HT with Ormerod scoring both in the 36th and 45th minutes. But when a MTK player got his second yellow in the 54th minute, the match became almost a farce as the Saints went ballistic. We went on to score in the 58th(Delgado), 60th(Pahars), 63rd(Oskarsson), 65th(Pahars), 68th(Oskarsson). Then Pahars got his hat-trik in the 86th minute. MOM went to Pahars.

Fa Cup

H Rushden & Diamonds 0-0 icon_mad.gif Well a frustrating affair where the backups not being able to net the ball. We had 16/12 shots and they had 1/1. Agonising and the replay can prove to be difficult as im gonna play the backups regardless of the first match. MOM went to Rushden striker Onandi Lowe.

So we are 3rd in the league, 2 points behind the leaders but one game in hand. Still in it and exciting stuff.

Roll on thursday!

The Saints Gaffer

The Spurs report

The date is 12.1.2005 and after 20 league games we are on the 8th place with 30 points. We have only lost 4 games this season but the problem has been that we've been drawing way too many games to seriously challenge for the top spots. 9 draws in 20 games. That means we are 13 poinst from the top and if we want to challenge for a CL spot, we have to transform those draws into wins. Though at the start of the season I did expect something like this, as we made major changes to the team in the summer and we need time to get our teamplay at its best. I have also tinkered with the tactic quite a bit in the early season and surely that has affected also. Plus I haven't found my best eleven yet. Though I think I now know it. I've also settled for a tactic I think will lift us higher and won't be changing that any more. So, I do expect us to do better at the second half of the season. These have been our latest games:

Tottenham-Liverpool League cup 4th round

Leage cup usually means little to me, but as I had just changed the tactic, I wanted to play with my best players so they get to know the tactic as soon as possible. A game we dominated for the full 90 mins and won 2-0, thanks to goals from Boumsong and Roncatto. They only got 1 shot on goal, so no worries for us.

Man City-Tottenham

A game we also dominated, our shots 15/10, theirs 9/5, but drawed 1-1 thanks to incredible 5 injuries in one single match. I had to change players the 15th, 40th and 62nd minute and then on 75th min I got another injury and had to play the last 20 mins with 10 men. We had gone 1-0 up on the 62nd min thanks to a fine goal from Roncatto, but playing with 10 men costed us 2 points and they equalised on the 78th min from a pen. So, final score a disappointing 1-1.

Portsmouth-Tottenham League cup qtr final

A game we dominated with a second string lineup and won 2-0 thanks to goals from Rickkets and Postiga.

Tottenham-Blackburn

Another fairly easy game which we won 2-0 thanks to goals from Renato and Ricketts.

Charlton-Tottenham

A superb game from us, getting over 15 shots on goal against their 4. That also payed in goals as Roncatto scored his first hattrick for the Spurs and Olisadebe got the 4th. We also came back from goal down, which Euell had scored in the 1st min.

Tottenham-Middlesbrough

A dull game which saw us dominate yet again but we couldn't hit the back of the net thanks to a superb evening from their goalie Schwarzer. They didn't get 1 single shot at goal but we couldn't score, so 0-0 it was, disappointingly.

Tottenham-Notts Co Fa cup 3rd round

We played with the reserves due to the upcoming big league game against the Saints. The lads didn't disappoint and e run out easy winners with settling for a 4-0 scoreline. The goals game from Ricketts twice, Pedretti and Perry.

Tottenham-Southampton

Last game of Monday's session was a thrilling one. Against Elite's Southampton. I expected us to win despite an excellent opponent and all started well when we took the lead already in the first minute. Grosso crossed the ball from the left and Renato beat the defenders to head it in. The lead didn't last, though, as Lundekvam equalised with a great free kick from outside the box. We were in control of the match but on 44th min happened the crucial thing, that lead us to a loss. Mexes got injured and I had to bring in Jlloyd Samuel and put him as left back asd move Gardner to the centre. That was very bad for us, as Gardner was also carrying a knock but I couldn't sub him as I only had 1 defender on the bench and Mexes was already off. To that point Mexes had kept Oskarsson out of the game. It all changed in the second half with Gardner unable to handle Oskarsson due to his knock, and Oskarsson finally beat him for the ball in the 79th min and was able to score the winner for them. I felt gutted, as again injuries had costed us dearly and we lost a game we dominated slightly, looking at the match stats.

So, we have been suffering from injuries in every match and I believe they have costed us quite a few points lately. Hopefully we won't suffer from them anymore and are able to get the points needed for a CL spot. Our next fixtures are very hard, though. Newcastle away, Wolves home and Chelsea away. 9 points would be superb but I really can't see us getting more than 6 points max. And even that would be very good. Last season this is where our downfall from the top places started, this time around I'm confident this is where our rise will start. Usually my teams have been very good at the late stages of the season, with the exception of last season, and I really hope that is the case this time too.

Looking forward for tomorrow night!

OJ, the Spurs manager

I have quit the Clan and won't be back. It has been a blast and 'most' of the guys have been superb but it is time for me to leave.

Look mate, I apologise if I offended you and I do hope you'll come back. Wouldn't be the same without you. Why don't you come to the convo and let's have a talk, we all say what are the issues we have that are bothering us and try to work it from there. Ok?

RAB - If you leave the clan, then sadly I will to. I really enjoy Mondays and Thursdays and it wont be the same without you. PLEASE reconsider.

At the end of the day, we have been playing CM together for over 10 years now, and Im not about to stop.

[This message was edited by Moncs on 04 March 2004 at 20:35.]

THIS IS AIMED AT EVERYONE

Ok so in the past 2-3 weeks there has been a lot of bickering within the clan which has upset a few people,and has resulted in a few people leaving the clan, at the end of the day we all want to do well in the league, but the mickey taking has gone too far this time, just use your head and think of what you are typing before sending it so that you don't upset someone.

If like last night a new member is having trouble then we should wait and help him out reguardlees of clan rules, cos if it had happened to one of us then i'm sure we would of lioked the clan to hold up play for a short while,(what difference does it make?).

So i suggest that from now on we all get along ok for the sake of the clan, otherwise i can see it folding altogether (if that is what some of you want then fine), i for 1 don't want to see that happen.

RAB - I know you are upset over the past 2-3 weeks, but so was i, and i nearly quit too, but Moncs told me to reconsider and i'm glad i did not now, so PLEASE will you do the same, just give it 2 more sessions to see if it has changed, if you still don't like whats going on then fine.

Please think about it.

Regards

Razor

[This message was edited by razor123 on 05 March 2004 at 8:46.]

come on people you gotta all get on. This clan is one of the longest running clans around and i like reading the reports that all of you post so please dont think about shutting down the clan as that would be very sad as your clan has been going for so long im sure others would agree with me

Ok guys due to me having a consience I will be back a week on Monday when we resume, BUT only if we as a clan agree to be a bit more tolerant. The issue for me is not the abuse as I am one of the worst offenders, no the problem is to me that this clan is NOT being run for the benefit of just one player. You know who you are and I could not believe that your idea of welcoming a new member was to say 'fix your problem and get back to us, we are carrying on without you'. That really ****ed me off bigtime and if it EVER happens again then it IS over for me.

Razor - Well said m8, I was going to type something simular today but you took the words right out of my mouth.

There is a fine line between banter and being nasty, and over the past few weeks that line has been crossed, and for the sake of the clan this HAS to stop. As ChampHolic said, SCANLAND is one of the longest running and most respected clans in Champ Man and to see it goe belly up is not something I want to see happen.

We will have Gordon (Rab's m8), and also one of Samis mates joining us from next session, and also Lister maybe back as well, that would give us 11 members.

RAB - since you have quit, IF we allow you back in you will have to choose another team from the bottom 10 of Div One. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

RAB so good to here you come back, in fact it is so good i could run up the northern bit of England and snog ya...............then again na just a handshake, just nice to see you back m8.

Happy gaming from now on i hope for us all.

Yeah good to see you back Rab, hopefully we can just get on with some hardcore champ from now on.

A run of some good results from Aston, but every time they come close to the top, they lose or draw. This pretty much sums up the season so far for Aston, got the talent there but just cant get it right.

Sheff. Utd A 1:0

Bolton H 1:1

Norwich A 8:4

Bristol City H 1:0

Watford A 2:3

Cardiff H 5:3

Nottm Forest A 5:4

Crewe A 1:4

Gillingham A 2:0

Derby H 0:0

Walsall H 2:0

Preston A 2:3

Sheff Utd H 1:1

Wigan A 1:1

Ipswich H 5:0

Leicester A 2:2

Rushden H 1:0

Millwall A 3:0

Sunderland H 1:1

Coventry A 2:1

Reading A 2:2

Bradford H 2:1

Sheff Utd H 2:2

Norwich H 2:0

Wimbledon A 0:2

With fourteen games left the 1st div. is wide open, Craig Smith can only hope his team find their long lost consistency and get their fingers out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_Soccer:

Yeh you guyz better get this sorted out because no this clan isnt folding before i join it and beat you all icon_biggrin.gif]

Hope it all goes well guyz icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So dark socer when will tou be joining us?

badge.jpg

2004/05 SEASON UPDATE

A season that promised so much for Preston has yet failed to deliver. Sitting in 11th position after 31 games is not where the fans and more importantly the manager wanted to be. The main problem is not being able to kill teams off after going a goal in front, I think drawing 13 out of those 31 games tells its own story.

The highlight of the season so far has been a great 3-2 win over title challengers Aston Villa.

The manager has to take part of the blame for the teams inconsistant form, as I have switched formations quite a few times this season to try and get one that works, 3.5.2, 4.3.3 and now a 4.4.2.

Currently 9 point of a playoff place and with 15 games remaining in the season, theres a LOT to play for, this is the time to turn things around and for the players to be stand up and be counted. !!!COME ON THE PRESTON!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OJ:

I'm very relieved to know you will be back, Rab! icon_smile.gif

And remember that no matter what happens, you'll always be my favourite Scottish tw_a_t! icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif I thought I was your favourite

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_Soccer:

Not for a while Razor gotta finish all my year 12 and my blasted exams first icon_eek.gif

But once that is over nothing is stopping me from getting up and playing even if i need to be up at 3am-7am! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your MAD!!! but then you will fit in well!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, we'll be more than glad to have you mate, as you certainly are a dedicated player if you're willing to play at those times! icon_smile.gif

And what Moncs said is correct. We're all raving lunatics here. icon_cool.gif

lol thanks....yeh i am defiently mad.....but after year 12 i just need a break which allows a nice relax and stress relief...even if that means getting up at 3am to get it!

Dedicated player....dont know about that......as long as im not coming bottom with no hope of survival then yeh im dedicated!! icon_biggrin.gif

But yeh u all sound like raving lunatics...well i know Rab is from the PM2003 forum!

And i really like your choice in players OJ...Boumsong is a quality player whether heaps of people talk about him or not....i remember watching him in a U21 tournament 2 or so years ago for France and he was a very good right back(i think right)! though i do think ur choice of team is poor....I hate SPURS with a passion! icon13.gif

badge.jpg

Just to let everyone know that we are having a game break this coming week, so dont expect any game updates until Monday 15th when we resume.

Hopefully when we return we will have two new members to our clan. Mansku and Gordon.

In the meantime, please keep upto date with the latest goings on at Scanland, inc Latest News and updated league tables at our website. The Scanland Website

The West Brom Disaster

Well this season hasnt gone well for me or my team, we have played some great football and even had the odd big win (OJ), but the teams defense is killing the rest of the team, the midfield is holding up well as is the attack, It is nearly definate that West Brom will be playing in the 1st Division next year, but we are a lot stronger than we were before and we should be able to come right back up.

There is another reason that West Brom were doomed to be relegated back down, the board in their wisdom decided that the TV money (12m) i recieved would be spent changing the stadium standing part to seating this left me with 2m to spend, the boards expectations for the season were low, but if I had been given the cash at least i would have been able to buy some class players and not have to rely on the 1st div players i had.

Big game coming up soon with me visiting Sami, i dont hold out much hope, last time i visited a players ground i was 4-0 down after 20 mins even though i brought it back to 5-3 in the end against Razor, Damn razor has a fine team, i hope you can keep it up Razor.

Oh, and if I finish below W.B.A., I will eat my hat. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are thick, aren't you razor?

I don't see how I could finish below W.B.A. when looking at the current league table. So you can stick your hat right up your ass. Also, I'm more than confident that we will actually finish above you, as our performances are getting better and better. icon_smile.gif

Oh, and if I finish below W.B.A., I will eat my hat. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are thick, aren't you razor?

I don't see how I could finish below W.B.A. when looking at the current league table. So you can stick your hat right up your ass. Also, I'm more than confident that we will actually finish above you, as our performances are getting better and better. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, i wouldnt bee so sure OJ, we will see. icon_razz.gif

badge.jpg

Just to remind managers, that the next session is Monday 15th @ 7pm. The server will be up from 6pm in order for the new managers to get their new teams sorted out.

Archived