The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sami was the smile aimed at me or the comment ??

As to the comment well what can I say mate, you are turning into an OJ by showing disrespect for your fellow players. Oh and only the scandanavian EPLer's are crap !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by razor123:

http://www.universal-it-solutions.co.uk/westhamlogo.jpg

_PREDICTIONS FOR 2004-05_

EPL

Saints = Top 4 if he can avoid injuries.

Spurs = Top Six if new players gel.

W.B.A. = 16th'ish, Just be gald to stay up

West Ham = I'm going for a 10th place, hard i knowbut it can be done.

Division 1

Much harder to predict.

A.Villa = If he can keep his top players then top 3, if he gets rid of them then might not make play-offs

Preston = Depends if FULLER has another good season, play-offs again.

Coventry = Could be the suprise package here top 3

N.Forest = Needs to something to change this club around. Will finish around the 10th place

Good luck to all, hope my prediction's are wrong and you all have a good season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about my predicitions moncs, don't they count, these were posted on the 16th feb mate.

From a calmed down just a little bit razor. icon_smile.gif

Having played last nights session from home I can see why people are complaining about the speed (or lack of) of the game. I found it far to slow to be enjoyable and think we need to do something about it or we will lose more players before to long. Any ideas guys ? Can we test tonight with Sami hosting (as he has a 10mb line) to see if net speed is the problem. Has Bambi got timescales on when the TS Server will be available for testing ?

Oh and how many games did I miss after logging out last night ?

westhamlogo.jpg

SEASON 2 2004-05

WEST HAM UNITED

TRANSFERS IN:

Simon Charlton 170K

Adam Nowland 170K

Anthony McNamee 325K

Manolo Free

M.Foly- Sheridan Free

Gary Speed 140K

Alessio Cerci 700K (My main Man)

And so to West ham's 1st game back in the EPL.

Wolves 1 - 4 West Ham

West Ham faced a trip to fellow strugglers Wolves,the hammers could not have wished for a better start to their new campaign, they were 4-0 up after only 18 mins, Reo-Coker (3) and Alessio Cerci on his debut.

Wolves did pull 1 back through there new summer signing Freddie Kanute.

West Ham 5 - 1 Fulham

Next up was the 1st of 4 London derby's in a row.

West ham made a bad start as Fulham took the lead in the 6th min through Bonnissel.

But then Cerci (34) and a freak goal from left back Manolo (inside his own half) on 43 mins put West Ham2-1 at HT.

Then West Ham cut loose in the 2nd half with 3 more goals (cerci 2 and Zamora) to make it 5-1 and put the hammers on top for a week.

Cerci gets Man Of The Match for his hat-trick.

Chelsea 5-1 West Ham

West ham came back down to earth with a big bump. Totally out played and deserved to get thrashed 5-1.

Defoe with the West Ham goal.

West Ham 1-2 Arsenal

A better display from West Ham against one of the favourites for the title.

Having already missed 2 good chances to score reo-coker put west ham 1-0 up on 26 mins, but 4 mins later that man Henry levelled for Arsenal. Looked like we might get a good draw from this game until Neuville made it 2-1 to the Arsenal on 66 min, and that's how it stayed.

Spurs 2-1 West Ham

And so to the last of the London derby's, West Ham got off to the best possible start with Cerci scoring after the Spurs keeper had made an error.

With Spurs pushing forward and hammering our goal it stayed 1-0 at HT.

The pressure had to tell and Grosso scored a fluke goal after 59 min, and a mistake by D.James on 71 let in Olisadebe to give Spurs a 2-1 win.

West Ham 2-0 Liverpool

Having lost 3 game on the spin it was important that we got something out of this game.

Having peppered the Liverpool goal in the opening half hour a goal had to come and it did on 34 when loan signing Zamora scored.

This was a much better display from West Ham, their passing was crisp and sharp, Zamora made it 2-0 on 66 from a rebound.And so we held on for our 1st win in 4 games.

League Cup 2nd Round

West Ham 3-0 Bradford

With Bradford going well in Div 1 (2nd Place) we could not take this game for granted, Although I would have liked to have rested a few players.

Straight from the Kick-Off Defoe puts West Ham 1-0 up.

Then on 5 mins Kristjannsen scores from a well flighted corner, and on 19 mins Coker beat the Bradford keeper to the ball to head in number 3and send West Ham into round 3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

Having played last nights session from home I can see why people are complaining about the speed (or lack of) of the game. I found it far to slow to be enjoyable and think we need to do something about it or we will lose more players before to long. Any ideas guys ? Can we test tonight with Sami hosting (as he has a 10mb line) to see if net speed is the problem. Has Bambi got timescales on when the TS Server will be available for testing ?

Oh and how many games did I miss after logging out last night ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it IS too slow to be frank. well i am happy to oblige if you want to test me as host.

one thing is the "move matches for tv" which is so damn hard to get working. some say it works, but never has in ous clan OR in games i have made. and i have unticked it every time before making the game and having 4.1.4.

Had a chat with our brief Cardiff manager and he said that just keep on unticking it every time before you load the game and it will eventually work.

And Rab, you missed 2-3 games from which you atleast won 1. didnt notice how the other ones ended.

I will be on messenger from 7pm (Scottish Time) so see you about then Sami. Can we also have a game setup with only one or max two leagues as I am convinced the slowness of our current game is down to having all the extra leagues running.

It seems much slower than our old CM4 game and the only major difference is all those other leagues like Italian, Spanish & French being on.

It was very slow even on my PC last night, UNTIL then end of the transfer window then it speeded right up.

If you are going to test a game tonight I would suggest you set it up identical to the game we are currently playing. If you only set it up with one league and test the of course you will find it faster, you MUST set it up with English, Scottish, French, Itailian and Spanish on otherwise the test will be usless.

Also, you can blame OJ for those leagues to be on as he insisted on it before the start of our new game.

Let me know how the tests go guys..

Well the samll test is over and it seems that i will be hosting. Moncs, when would you have the time to transfer me the save? i think its best done thru Msn, but i understand that you are busy so contact me or post here when you would have the time for the transfer. Dont have enough web space to have it thru email.

Why the hell did we let OJ decide what leagues to put on ? It affects speed so should have been discussed within the clan, not decided by one player.....

Also any word from Lister if he is coming back to try tonight with Sami hosting, or has he left for good ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OJ:

Sure, it's my fault the game is slow on Moncs' server... icon_rolleyes.gif

How come it's clearly faster then when we play with Sami and we have over 20 leagues selected?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really are thick m8, maybe something to do with 10mb internet connection compared to half meg??? icon_confused.gif

Maybe you didn't understand my point. My point was that for example, when I go to the training screen, it takes a lot longer to load when playing our Scanland game, than when I play with Sami. So Rab's comment about the slowness being my fault because I suggested to take Italy and Spain also in to the game is incorrect.

Oh, and I have a 1Mb connection, if you were talking about my connection.

The background processing seemed excesive to me when watching the server here when Moncs was hosting. I don't rememeber having any issues when Moncs started the first CM4 game, but maybe that was just me.

Besides you are a muppet OJ, end of story !!

Another unconvincing start for Aston Villa. A mere 13 points from 7 games and not a hard game yet!

Leicester H 1:0

Rushden A 0:1 (embarrasing)

Reading H 2:1

Sunderland A 1:1

Coventry H 1:0

Bradford A 0:3 (another TERRIBLE result)

Wimbledon H 4:1

The same team as last year apart from the departure of Samuel(Defender) which now leaves Villa the choice of either playing a young, in-experienced, promising player left back or bringing in a new player.Vila can only hope that the results improve otherwise it could be another VERY disapointing season.

badge.jpg

PRESTONS SEASON TO DATE

This season has been a major disapointment so far. 13 games into the season and sitting 15th with only 16 points. My main problem is that Im drawing FAR to many games, 7 games drawn from 13 tells its own story.

I have changed from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2, however that does not seemed to have changed my fortunes, although I will persivere and give the new tactic a chance.

Saints Report

The second season has kicked off and we have been playing some really nice footy. We are actually top of the table one point ahead of Arsenal. Besides that we are making a name of ourselves in the CL.

Players in

K.Schmeichel €375k

Cesar Delgado €2.5M

Simone Padoin €5m to Atalanta & €3.8M to Vicenza

Suazo for Free

Tieme Klompe for Free

Adam Collin for Free

And we are getting a right full-back named Daniel and a certain Montolivo in january. Both for free off course.

Players out

Kevin Phillips to Birmingham for €675k (just wanted to get rid of him)

Michael Svensson to Bolton for €600k

Matthew Oakley to Hibs for €350k

Fabrice Fernandes to Marseille for €4.5M

and got rid of some ****ty old high wage vampires, the likes of Le Saux, Draper, P.Jones, Telfer and Dodd.

Fixtures

The EPL:

H Tottenham 0-0

A Everton 5-3

H Man Utd 2-0

A Birmingham 1-0

H Portsmouth 1-1

A Stoke 1-0

H Leeds 7-0

A W.B.A 3-1

H Fulham 3-0

A Arsenal 2-2

H Liverpool 2-0

Champions League:

A Roma 5-2

H MTK 5-0

H Valencia 3-0

So a excellent start to the campaign and the hunger for success grows as you get the taste for it. We have had our chare of injuries. One game coming into mind was the one against ManU where Niemi and Prutton got injured in training just before the game. So newly signed K.Schmeichel had a nice opponent for his debut. Played really well and had a superb save in the opening minutes. Good going my young grasshopper! icon14.gif

We are going to hopefully continue this good form and then we could really be fighting for the league championship . CL is another affair. Just to get to the second round would be nice and everything from there would be a bonus.

Roll on Thursday!

The Saints Gaffer

westhamlogo.jpg

WEST HAM SEASON SO FAR......

EVERTON (A)

Won 2-0, with goals coming from Reo-Coker and a K.Richardson Pen secures a 2-0 win for the hammers and puts them up to 7th in the EPL.

MAN.CITY (H)

Won 1-0,A goal from loan signing Bobby Zamora from a Ajide Shot was enough for another Hammers win.

MAN.UTD (A)

And so to the theater of dreams.

This would be a big test for the youngsters of west ham to see how far they have in the EPL.

In a tight first half both teams had thier share of chances to score, but it ends 0-0. With West Ham actually putting Man.Utd under a little bit of pressure it was no suprise that we took the lead Through loan Signing Ajide.

In a frantic finale Man utd through everything at west Ham but we just managed to hang on for a famous win.

Up to 4th in EPL.

BLACKURN (h)

Won 1-0, Reo-Coker heads in atthe near post on 25 mins. Blackburn put west ham under a bit of pressure in the 2nd half but we managed to hang on.

LEAGUE CUP 4TH ROUND MAN UTD (a)

So a trip back to Old Trafford.

Etherington puts the hammeras into a deserved lead on 13 mins, Cerci on the breakaway on 16 mins means the hammers are 2-0 up after a 1/4 of the game gone.

On 29 C.Ronaldo pulls a goal back for Man.Utd

And that the way it stayed in the 1st half.

Kristjanssen makes it 3-1 on 57 mins after a mistake by Roy Keane on the edge of his own Box.

Then Man Utd bring on Diego Forlan, and the game changed big time.

65 min forlan for 3-2

73 min forlan for 3-3

89 min forlan for 4-3cto man.utd

Gutted. icon_frown.gif

BIRMINGHAM (a)

We need to bounce back from that league cup game.

Dunn puts Brum in front after only 10 mins and things were not looking good at this stage, but then Etherington on 12 mins makes it 1-1.

1 minute later A.Cerci makes it 2-1 and shortly after that Zamora makes it 3-1.

Brum had other ideas and on 25 stern john makes it 3-2.

Disaster strikes Tebily makes it 3-3.

And thats the way it stayed till the final whistle.

So 5th in the EPL after 11 games, not bad going as the other 2 teams who were promoted with me are 19th & 20th in the league.

Lets see if it can last, roll on Thursday.......

Coventry City are not going as well as I had hoped with inconsistency being the main problem. Results from a 5-4 defeat to a 4-1 win show the extremes I am dealing with.

I have had to drop my goal scorer supreme of last season as he was turning in very poor displays (a 4 in two games in a row) and he got upset when I issued a warning for the poor performances so he now sits on the bench looking on to see if that can help motivate him. I am hoping he slaps in a transfer request as he is currently valued at over £2m.....

On a sad note we lost Lister from the clan and Bambi (Fudge in game) has said he might leave as well. They will both be missed and I wish them both well in another clan if they go that way.

Elite you really have the team gelled together well...and looks like the premiership could be yours this year though there is still a long way to go. The champ league also looks very profitable for your club at the moment with the wins you have had in the 3 games icon_biggrin.gif.....and seems you have taken over OJ well at least in terms of this game with CM03/04 but what do you expect with OJ managing a poor club with Spurs( icon13.gif)

On that note just like to congratulate you OJ on the fine achievements you had with Ipswich Town on CM4 in the clan game. icon14.gif

Rab dont you just hate players chucking a spak when you warn/fine them for something that they ACTUALLY did do wrong- it seems to be a bit of a bug to me that they hardly ever accept warnings for things

Anyway bad news about the loss of the Lister and maybe Fudge if he leaves icon_frown.gif...oh well as they say Always more fish in the sea and hopefully you can get some more dedicated CM players into the clan who are reliable and responsible

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

On a sad note we lost Lister from the clan and Bambi (Fudge in game) has said he might leave as well. They will both be missed and I wish them both well in another clan if they go that way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here here, plz come back lads. icon14.gif

Dark_Soccer: Thanks man, i am certainly happy with how things are working atm. But as you said, long way to go yet. As for OJ's Spurs, they have been unlucky in their scoring and maybe some gelling problems. Something is wrong if your 2 best goal scorers are midfielders.

Tottenham report

Latest transfer news from the summer: After a lot of thinking it was decided to transferlist our last season's second top scrorer, Freddie Kanoute, as although scoring 15 goals and giving 10 assists last season, he never really convinced the manager and his teamwork and determination leaved something to be desired. So, after some negotiations he was sold to Wolves for a nice sum of 9M pounds. The money was absolutely needed and even after the sale Spurs had plenty of options in the attack.

Our season started early with the Intertoto cup and we were doing good there in the first 2 rounds beating both Maritimo and Perugia with ease. Then in the final we drew Parma as our final opponent and I was quietly confident we could beat them. All didn't go well in the first leg though, and we left Parma with a heavy 3-0 loss. The return leg at Whihe Hart Lane saw a fighting Spurs squad dominate then entire game but unfortunately we could only score 2 goals, and therefore were eliminated by 2-3 aggregate score. That meant no Euro games for the Spurs, which was a disappointment, as we have a large squad that would have welcomed the Euro games.

On to the league, our opening game was against non other than the high flying Southampton, guided excellently by the Spurs manager's close friend and most highly resptected colleaque, Mr. Ervasti.

Southampton-Tottenham

As an away game against a very formidable opponent, I didn't have very high hopes of securing 3 points. Nevertheless, we went to the pitch trying to play our own game and didn't do bad, although the Saints clearly had more chances of scoring. The game ended 0-0 with our goalie Pletikosa getting the MOM after a good performance. A satisfying result.

Tottenham-Newcastle

The home debut of the season was against non other than the EPL champions Newcastle, and after a very attacking and lively performance by both teams, the score was 1-1. Jermaine Pennant scored his debut goal for us with a good shot from the box on the 21st min. After some poor defending Ameobi was able to score the equaliser for Newcastle. A minimun result, as we were home.

Wolves-Tottenham

Our 3rd draw in the first 3 games, 1-1 again with Renato scoring for us and non other than Freddie Kanoute scoring for Wolves. A game we should have won after controlling it, but no luck this time.

Tottenham-Chelsea

It was time for a London derby against the big buck team Chelsea. We had dominated against them last season and I expected the same trend to continue, and so it did. We gave Chelsea absolutely no chance, they only got 1 shot on goal against our 10 and the scoreline was 3-0. Goals scored by Olisadebe, Grosso from an ecellent direct free kick, and Renato with a lovely chip over the goalie after a break away.

Tottenham-West Ham

Another derby was on the line against fellow human manager Razor and his Hammers team. They went ahead after only 4 mins with a goal from Cerci, but we looked comfortable and it was only a matter of time before we would score. The inevitable happened in the 60th min when Grosso scored with a bit of luck. It took 12 more mins to score the winning goal, which was scored by Olisadebe after an error from their goalie James. So a deserved 2-1 win for us, as we totally controlled the match and had numerous opportunities to score, as opposed to their 2 shots on goal.

Everton-Tottenham

This game really left we fuming. Our first loss of the season in the EPL came after Everton managed to score 2 goals with only 1 shot on goal. We controlled the game but as had been the trend, we wasted a lot of chances. 2-0 loss.

Tottenham-Man Utd

First game of last night's session was againt the **** of Manchester and I knew it wouldn't be an easy game. We went 1-0 ahead after only 7 mins when Pedretti scored a lovely long range effort in the top left corner. Man Utd responded immediately with a really great team move that was finished by van Nistelrooy. A splendid goal from their part and I really had no one to blame from my team. The disaster struck on the 85th min, as the super sub Solskjaer scored the 2-1 goal, and with only minutes to go in the match, I threw everything on attack and the same guy was able to finish the game a few minutes later with his second goal. 3-1 for them, a match that we could have won with a bit more luck.

Birmingham-Tottenham

A lively attacking display from both teams that ended in a 2-2 draw. Southampton reject Phillips got both goals for the home team and our captain Renato scored and assisted Roncatto's goal to get the point for us. Renato was MOM after a perfect game, too bad the rest of the team didn't follow his example and thus, no more points were collected from this match.

Tottenham-Portsmouth

We returned to winning ways against the avergae Portsmouth team. Not much to say, a solid performance saw us score 3 against their 0, the goals coming from Pennant and Grosso, who scored twice. An easy 3-0 win but what was of great concern to me, again the midfield scored our goals.

Stoke-Tottenham

The game against quite possibly the worst team in the Prem at the moment was a one-sided affair with us being in total control. They never looked like scoring but we had to wait for the game winner til the 55th win, when our captain Renato scored to give us the 3 points.

Tottenham-Leeds

Last game of Yesterday's session saw us again control the game with ease, getting plenty of opportunities to score but Paul Robinson was a wall in the goal, getting the MOM. The game ended in a frustrating 0-0 result.

We have also played two rounds of the League Cup and we are through to the 4th round, where we will meet Liverpool at home.

The worries

So, although we are currently sitting on the 7th place after 11 games, the biggest concerne is the lack of goals from the strikers. At this point our top scorers are Fabio Grosso with 7 and Renato with 6 goals. If only we would get the strikers to support the midfield in the scoring we would get excellent results, so far they have scored only 7 goals between them. 3 for Roncatto and Olisadebe and only 1 for Keane! I've made some modifications to our tactic and hopefully we will see improvements in the scoring next time. If we can sort that out, we should be in an excellent position to challenge for the top spots.

OJ, the Spurs Manager

Thank you for the compliments, Dark_Soccer. icon_smile.gif

It's true Tottenham aren't the best club to start with, as most of the team is ****e but I enjoy the challenge, and I do believe I can bring them back to the glory days. As for Elite and his team, he is currently the numero uno human manager but I will be looking to take my position back in time. Won't happen this season but I have my sights set on next season. icon_smile.gif

Anyways, it's still a good situation as there's always a Finn in the top, with the poor Scots languishing somewhere far away in the Div 1. icon_wink.gif

I would like to point out to the thick Finns that a Scot was the first AND only human manager to be promoted first time in our first game of CM4. Due to the bad luck encountered last season in the play off final I did not make it to the EPL but I am confident that the last remaining Scot there just now, Fudge (Bambi on these forums), will decide to play on for the pride of Scotland !! and show you upstarts what management is all about......

I would like to point out to the thick Finns that a Scot was the first AND only human manager to be promoted first time in our first game of CM4. Due to the bad luck encountered last season in the play off final I did not make it to the EPL but I am confident that the last remaining Scot there just now, Fudge (Bambi on these forums), will decide to play on for the pride of Scotland !! and show you upstarts what management is all about......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no biting now, relegation can be the making of a manager icon_wink.gif

Does the fact I got relegated change the fact I got promoted on my own without all you failures ? No ? And yes I was the first to be relegated but as I pointed out at the time the change score bug did for me on that one and Moncs can verify it !!! I wonder if there were any Finns used in the making of this game that might just have put that bug in ???? icon_wink.gif

And as for Engerlund.......what can I say but tish...no one likes you, you are crap at everything but think you are great and your fans are thugs !!! oh and Rugby, cricket and darts don't count coz no one else understands the rules but you !!! :0

Unlike the Finns who blast ahead all guns blazing, we Scots like to take our time and make sure things are prefect before goingforth.

Take McBerti our beloved national coach, he is taking time to make sure everything is right before we win World CUp 2006 icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_Soccer:

Scotland win the world cup icon_eek.gif Yeh maybe if they were the only nation in it! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

curling perhaps icon_wink.gif

Archived