The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

badge.jpg

Server is now up for the rest of the day if anyone wants to log in.

Usual IP and password.

As for the website Rab, I spoke to Fudge on friday night and we decided that currently I have more time to do a web-site....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_Soccer:

are you guyz a long term clan.....???

If so in the future i would like to join....if thats ok!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we are a long term clan, we have just finished Season One in CM0304 and we plan to play a LOT more.

When you are ready to join, just let me know and we will see what the situation is at that time.

In the meantime please keep yourself updated on this thread and you can now also visit our website at The Scanland Clan. Its getting updated almost on a daily basis so keep popping back and having a look.

Darksoul my man you are more than welcome to join m8......we have been playing since the original release of CM 4 so you could call us regular...you would just need to put up with the 2D match engine icon_wink.gif and of course our Finnish fiend OJ (no spelling mistake that)....drop an email to Moncs as he is the Clan Host and tell him you know me from the Floodlit forums and I look forward to chatting in more depth real soon.....

The Coventry Season Summary

The season finnished on a slightly sour note due to losing in the play off final on penalties to Stoke, but when all is said and done it just proves that I was not yet ready for an EPL spot. Good luck to Fudge & Razor in staying there and here's hoping OJ doesn't lose his EPL status as well.

As far as my squad goes I now know the areas that need to be strengthend and have taken the steps needed to make sure we can push for an automatic spot next season. My main problems with salaries has eased with the retirement of Gary McAllister and the transfer of Joachim who were taking £30k a week between them. Back room staff need replacing with the departure of my Assistant Manager Eric Black and 4 coaches and 3 scouts. Major work ahead there as trying to attract the high quality is difficult with a First Div club.

On the playing front I have a gem in McSheffrey who scored 33 goals in 44 matches, but I know I may need to let him go if a big enough bid comes in. Other stars for me this season have been rare but I do have Munn (D) and Osbourne (DM) who are very young and have shown potential for the coming seasons. My reserves have not thrown up anything more than average players but I have a few under 19's moving in there to see if they can make a name for themselves and maybe save me spending cash I don't have. A young 17 year old Striker called Singh has made it into the first team late on and if he can prove himself in the reserves may be a nice partner for McSheffrey in the future.

Well enough for now and roll on Monday for our pre season session......

westhamlogo.jpg

WEST HAM UNITED UPDATE

With 2 games left and already promoted West Ham wanted to finish the season in style andto give thier fans something to look forward to over the summer months.

And so to Coventry, this turned out to be an easy 2-0 victory with Defoe getting both goals. The last game of the season was at home to struggling Ipswich , the match ended 0-0 and a poor way to finish the season.

So West Ham got themselves back up into the EPL and Simon White got Manager of the year award.

Simon White has a few transfers lined up in pre-season if they come off he will be very happy as this will give him every chance of staying in the EPL which is his main aim next season, then he will look at getting a top ten finish.

Oi Razor.....it WAS NOT an easy 2-0 win against Coventry, I played you off the park and you got two flukey goals.....at least thats my story and I am sticking to it !

Really looking forward to tonight and hope we can keep the game going at a reasonable pace, or I might call for a vote on the timer going back on !!! You have been warned.....

West Brom Season 1 Report

WE had an amazing season, winning the division was a good feeling, but I am very worried about the season to come in the EPL, I only have limited resources due to the board expanding the stadium and expanding the training facilities.

Here is a rundown of how my team faired.

Goalkeepers

Russell Hoult ave 6.67 46 games 27 Con 27 Clean sheets

Defenders

Bernt Haas DL ave 6.89 good season solid on the right, not much got past him.

Neil Clement DR ave 7.05 good going forward supported well down the right hand side, stopped a lot coming down the left, he is a good member of the squad.

Thomas Gaardsoe DC Ave 7.22 had a fantastic season not much got past him on the ground but was found wanting in the air, supported the midfield well and can spray around passes just as good as most midfielders can.

Darren Moore DC Ave 7.10 Provided the coverage in the air, solid defender with good stamina, could see himself pushed out this year due to new players coming in.

Joe Dolan DC Ave 7.38 Came in from Millwall for 400k solid defender, only got 8 games under his belt, but definetly one to watch in the coming season.

Midfielders

Michael Appleton DMC/R Ave 6.96 good right midfilder always tried to come forward but never could make that important pass, good at the back, saved the team a few times from fast strikers.

Artim Sakiri AMC/L Ave 6.76 1 Goal 13 Assists Terrible defending but good going forward, couldnt quite get the killer cross into the box but made up for it in other areas.

Jason Koumas AMC Ave 7.33 6 Goals 10 Assists, my most valuable midfielder, was always pushing forward to support the attack, deadly from free kicks, at 24 years old he has a great future ahead of him.

Andy Johnson MC Ave 7.03 4 Goals 3 Assists, Only got 16 starts but used them effectivly, was always ready to help and be available for passes in the midfield, could be the main casualty this season as younger players come in, in saying that he is only 31 and still worth something to the team.

O'Connor DMC my main man in the midfield caused many a broken leg, the teams hardman, superb performance all season, he was always available for the team when needed.

Attackers

Rob Hulse SC, Cracking season, always looked like scoring in every game he played in, teamed up well with any partner he played with, i dont think i'll be able to hang onto this guy, he is destined for one of the top teams.

Nacveski SC, WOW what a player, worth 5.5 at the end of the season, troubled defences all the time, got jaded a bit towards the end of the season, it will be interesting to see if he can do anything in the EPL, he definetly has the class for it.

I will post more stats later but the server has gone down.

Yes thanks alot Rab and Moncs....though im doing Year 12 atm and dont have time for games atm with all the homework and study

Hopefully if you guyz are stilling playing CM online whether it be CM03/04, CM5 i will join the clan......but that wont be till october unfortunately icon_frown.gif

Defiently keeping my eyes on this thread....its really good to read....and hope you guyz are all having fun icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark_Soccer:

Yes thanks alot Rab and Moncs....though im doing Year 12 atm and dont have time for games atm with all the homework and study

Hopefully if you guyz are stilling playing CM online whether it be CM03/04, CM5 i will join the clan......but that wont be till october unfortunately icon_frown.gif

Defiently keeping my eyes on this thread....its really good to read....and hope you guyz are all having fun icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh we have fun alright, just come and see the banter that goes on in MSN. I'm suprised there has not been a fight yet although we have come close to it. icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah Razor spot on about the banter, and I feel for one that it does sometimes get out of hand a wee bit, so I suggested to Moncs last night in the car (you know what I am talking about guys icon_wink.gif) that we have one MSN conversation dedicated to in game matters ONLY ie no name calling, threatning, promising of a good time and definitly no LISTER....that last bit is a bad joke by the way.....

So what does the clan think ? Can we run a seperate conversation that is kept to a minimum of innane chatter and only used for serious (as serious as we can be that is) game related chat. We could still have the other conversation going for those that enjoy having everything from their parentage to their sexuality questioned....and this isn't a vote guys just want to know how we all feel (on the subject of votes I apologise now to OJ, Sami & Fudge about my little tantrum....it had been a long day at work)

Back home now so I can give a wee progress report and my expectations for the coming season.

My new signings have arrived and my first three freindlies all ended in wins (I am to ashamed to tell just who I played icon_wink.gif). But my big break I feel came with the unexpected free transfer signing of Arsenals released reserve keeper Shaami, a 29 year old Swede who had rejected my earlier attempts to sign him. It is amazing what a P45 can do for players ! Also signed up a French Striker who has shown great potential and might be the man to share the goals with McSheffrey up front (only time will tell).

If things progress as I expect then I will be looking for an automatic spot, although I think Villa may go on to win the championship as they still have a lot of quality in their squad.

So roll on Thurs......

Thats cool wi me rab, i'll still be in the other convo. aswell because i enjoy all the banter, peeps just need to learn that all said is just a joke, and not to take things so seriouslyicon_smile.gif.

The strictly champ convo. would probs be quite quiet though as there isn't THAT much to talk about for the game, but whatever, i dont mind!!

i kind of agree with craig that not many people will be in the CM MSN room as most will be in the ''i'm slagging him off at the mo'' room.

Plus if you set up two rooms then i feel that most people will be looking at what is going on in the 2 rooms rather than playing CM 03/04, for that is why we log on.

Just my thoughts........

Darksoul you are 10 hours in front of us (I think) so you would be starting at 5am in the morning and finishing at about 9am the same morning.......so I hope you like a nice early start !

Well I'll be happy either way about the MSN conversations. Just last time I had had enough and wanted a bit of a break from all the banter.

And no apology needed Rab, we're all a bit grumpy sometimes. icon_smile.gif

Btw, it looks like I'll be in Rome from 18th May onwards for about a week, so a break then would be great, as I'd lose around 2-3 sessions.

My season Predictions for Scanland.

EPL

OJ - Spurs, Some very nice signings in the close season, but i still wonder if he has the class to challenge the top teams, I think OJ will have his team well organised and playing with a lot of flair. Prediction 5th in EPL

Sami - Southampton, What a great season Sami had last year, he has reshaped some of the weak areas in his team, but it will be a hard season if he manages to progress into the later stages of the champions league, Prediction 3rd in EPL.

Razor - West Ham, Had a good season and has managed to bring in a lot of quality, it remains to be seen if Razor can get them playing together and if he can avoid major injuries. Precdiction 14th in EPL

Bambi - West Brom, well last season i played well but i had no injuries to worry about, i expect this season to be very hard, if i am really luck i might manage to stay up, Prediction 17th in EPL.

Division 1

Rab - Coventry, has a good shout of making it this year, quite a lot of good signings but i dunno if he can make this work, he always has in the past so here is hoping that he can make this work. Prediction 3rd in Div1.

Moncs - Preston, I think this could be Prestons year, if Moncs can just bring in some backups for the 1st team and avoid injuries he could be automatic qualifcation. Prediction 2nd in Div1.

Craig - Aston Villa, Terrible year last year, relegation isnt good for a teams morale, i dont think that Villa will be able to pull it'self round in time to challenge for one of the top spots. Prediction 6th in Div1.

Lister - Notts Forrest, tried very hard last year but has lost a lot of experienced players, Forrset have a young team but talented, in time they could be winners but i think this season might be too soon for them. Prediction 9th in Div1.

Dark_Soccer, well done to you mate, you are keen, hopefully will see u join in the not so distant futureicon_smile.gif

Fudge i disagree with your predictions, well im preying that your predictions are wrong, as i think i will finish at the lowest 3rd, BUT i thought i would stay in the prem. So only time will tell, nring on the 2nd season!!!

badge.jpg

SERVER UPDATE

We will be running a TEST game on Friday 20th Feb from 7pm, on a TSServer based in the USA. If we are all happy and notice a speed increase then we will copy our Clan game over to that server and play from there from Monday 23rd.

If you can please post below if you can make it on Friday 20th, the test game will run for a few hours to make sure everyone is happy. YOu can stay for as long as you want, I would like some feedback afterwards to make sure its worthwhile moving over for our clan game.

I probably won't make the poker night matey icon_frown.gif as Mags is not packing in her job till the end of Feb and Alana is working every Fri till the end of time !!!

I will see what I can do about the laptop icon_wink.gif

Well tomorrows session sees the start of the season for the big boys in the EPL and I must admit I think it will be entertaining with four of them in there.

My predictions would be for Sami & Fudge to finish higher than OJ & Razor. I think Sami proved last season that his squad IS champions League quality but I don't know if he will make a top three finish although I suspect he will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Fudges WBA are my tip for a top 6 spot to be placed above the other two on the basis of his home form. I do not want to meet them in the cup as I think they are good enough to do some serious damage in both trophies.

OJ's Spurs will do well to be in a top 10 place but I would expect OJ to be aiming higher and again I see his best form being in the cups and who knows we may have an OJ v Fudge final....

Razor's Hammers will do well to stay in the EPL and I expect him to make a good effort and hope he avoids the drop. Having said that I feel there is a chance he might finish above OJ if he gets the breaks so lets see what happens there.

The First Div started last session with some mixed results for us strugglers down here.

I won 4-1 against Watford and had some bad individual performances in that result that has given me concern that some of my players may need replaced if I am to seriously expect promotion this season. I remember Monc's Preston drawing away to Wigan but know that he ain't too unhappy (although his mouse was shaking in fear).

Lister and Craig both had narrow wins I think although not 100% sure. Roll on tomorrow and we shall see the 1st div start to take early shape.

badge.jpg

PREDICTIONS FOR 2004/05

The EPL as usual will be the main point of focus, Out of the four human managers I see Sami's Southamption again taking top spot, althogh they will do well to better the season they have just had. SAINTS : 5th

OJ can no doubt talk the talk, but I dont think he can walk the walk, Spurs faultered badly at the end of last season, and I can't see them finishing much higher in the league again since they have not added any real quality to the squad in pre-season, again a cup will be Spurs best hope. SPURS : 10th

Fudge and Razor have done very well in pre-season with both adding quality to their squads, time will tell if they players have enough quality for the EPL, I predict a long hard season for them both, but I think they both will stay up. WEST BROM : 15th WEST HAM : 13th

In divison one, I think every team has a great chance of promotion and it will be a ding dong battle throughout the season to see who comes out top.

ASTON VILLA : 4th

PRESTON : 2nd

COVENTRY : 1st

NOTTS FOREST : 8th

westhamlogo.jpg

PREDICTIONS FOR 2004-05

EPL

Saints = Top 4 if he can avoid injuries.

Spurs = Top Six if new players gel.

W.B.A. = 16th'ish, Just be gald to stay up

West Ham = I'm going for a 10th place, hard i knowbut it can be done.

Division 1

Much harder to predict.

A.Villa = If he can keep his top players then top 3, if he gets rid of them then might not make play-offs

Preston = Depends if FULLER has another good season, play-offs again.

Coventry = Could be the suprise package here top 3

N.Forest = Needs to something to change this club around. Will finish around the 10th place

Good luck to all, hope my prediction's are wrong and you all have a good season.

Moncs, no real quality? What do you call Pennant, Boumsong, Pedretti, Hinkel, Grosso and Roncatto then?

Boumsong - French NT player

Pedretti - French NT player

Grosso - capped for Italy

Roncatto - voted second best player in the U17 WC IRL and already has stunning stats

Pennant - soon to be capped for

Hinkel - capped for Germany

You must be taking the pish mate. That, or you are out of your mind.

OJ...OJ...OJ....you must relax mate, nobody is having a go at you, we are all posting what we think is most likely to happen, not what will.

If you feel so strongly that your team is great then prove it on the pitch mate, not in these forums. I honestly think you should follow Sami's example and stay calm and let others point out how good a human manager is, no point in getting upset if we point out we think you are not as good as you think you are.

And as for the quality players you have brought in I believe a lot of them are Forum scouted and not the work of you as a player. If I am wrong then feel free to correct me, and this is not intended as a slur mate, again just as Sami has said in the past he looks at these players coz it saves him having to look for himself and I have no problem with that, but I prefer to look through the various leagues for the gems that have not been widely touted, but thats just what I like and there is no reason you should feel the same.

But I still think you will be below WBA come the end of this season icon_wink.gif

westhamlogo.jpg

Nice one Rab,

As we speak my scout has seen OJ in the stands of Man Yoo looking at more players, and it is rumered that he will be somewhere in Europe next week looking for more,(clocking up the air miles)as his scouts can't be everywhere at once. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by razor123 on 16 February 2004 at 14:04.]

Don't worry mate, I'm not upset or p1ssed off or anything, I'm just honestly surprised and I do wonder why Moncs think I haven't added any quality, when in my opinion it's blatantly obvious I have done it. And I'm not talking about my own qualities as a manager here, I'm talking about the team I have, not boasting about my managerial abilities here. Don't you agree?

And as for the players I've bought and the forums, I know all the players apart from Helder Barbosa from real life, as I follow a lot of football around the world and they are quality players, they are also players that are very easy to spot in the game and apart from Roncatto, I've had all the players before and I know what I'm getting. So no, they aren't a result of reading the forums here. Of course you don't have to believe that and if you don't, that's fine with me. I also like scouting, and just the other day in our game with Sami I found out a real Brazilian gem that I bought and he's absolutely class. And it's the best thing about the game.

As every one else has done some predictions i guess i wanna go at it aswell.

EPL

Tottenham

The major thing with them is how long it will take them to gel. I am convinced that they are a very much stronger squad than last year and they will be fighting for a euro cup place for sure. which one comes down to how well they gel. Will finish in the top 6.

West Ham & W.B.A

Well both teams are succesfully back in the EPL after one year of absence. Both managers made the teams steamroll through the Nationwide and deserve to be in the EPL. Both have made some good deals which will help them much. I'd say the key point for them is to be a difficult team to visit. If they can do the business at home then they will most certainly stay up. In our previous game i took Millwall up and reflecting on that eperience it will be difficult, i finished the first season in the epl as 17th and the second season in a 7th spot. But they have made more deals than i could so i predict a mid-table finsih.

The Saints

Well we were really happy with last year and are looking forward to reproduce that. We are a stronger squad than last year and i predict a top 5 finish.

English First Division

Aston Villa

My favourites to take it. After a really dodgy season in the EPL i think they have the quality to launch back to the EPL. It's really EPL material thay have and they really should be there. They will reach an automatic promotion spot.

Preston

Will fighting for promotion. Have made some good deals on youngsters + good ol' ronny johnsen. they are stronger this year as i think the base players are the same and hence will have gelled.

Will be pushing for a automatic promotion spot.

Coventry

Havent really got any good deals, maybe apart from Rami Shaaban, but they have some quality and Rab will be up there and in a solid playoff spot.

Nottingham Forest

I think Lister's Forest have more to them than what they showed last year. Dont know what their major problem is but they should be pushing for a playoff spot.

Cardiff

With their last manager they managed a 4th spot last year and what will our new boss be able to do? Well i think if he can reproduce what the team did last year he will be pretty happy with that, i predict maybe a slighlty lower position and they will just miss the playoffs. sorry m8 but welcome to the Scanland Clan icon_smile.gif

The Saints Gaffer

[This message was edited by "elite" on 16 February 2004 at 16:44.]

Can you blame the guy tho ? One meeting with us lot is more than most sane people can handle. I think we should advertise that only insane people should apply.

Any of you guys doing the test of new server game on Friday ?

Time for my predictions.

EPL

Southampton

They had a solid squad last season and finished 4th with a great late season run and during the pre season they made some good signings, like buying a certain Delgado. If they don't get much injuries I can't see them finishing below 6th position. I'd say 3rd-6th

W.B.A

They won the Div 1 last season with a nice margin but despite that and some summer signings I do think they will struggle to make an impact as they still have a div 1 team on some parts. I'd say 12th-16th

West Ham

The second newcomer to the EPL, they have a clearly better strikeforce than W.B.A but their defence and midfield still need a lot of work to make an impact in the EPL. Though I do believe they will stay up, 12th-16th

The Spurs

Last season we were going good throughout the season until in January we we're rocked by injuries and went through a terrible few months that saw us finish 8th. I was disappointed in the end as we were challenging for a CL spot but on the other hand, I didn't expect that much from the team in the start of the season, so 8th wasn't so bad. With 2M pounds in the red when I took over I have now been able to make money and now we have fairly much of it in the bank incase I want reinforcements. Also the team is a lot stronger than last season thanks to many quality bosman signings and I now also have much more squad depth. The key question is, with a lot of new guys, how long they will take to gel to a team. I have 6 new guys in the First eleven, that is a bit scary eventhough I know I have a lot of quality. Hopefully I'll challenge for a CL spot this season and next when all the players know eachother good, take the CL place. Slightly optimistic prediction: 4th-6th

I'll write the Div 1 predictions later, can't be bothered at the moment, since they're all sh1te anyways. icon_wink.gif

Archived