The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea good that she's okay and we can continue with our CM business.

And Rab, it's good to see you finally admitting the obvious... And I'm not talking about the new patch, England, Scotland or you resigning. icon_smile.gif

ENGLISH 1st DIVISION

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab - COVENTRY

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge - West Brom

Lister - Notts Forrest

[This message was edited by Goldy on 23 January 2004 at 2:06.]

So the Scanland Clan has started it's new game and here's the first update for The Saints.

I had a couple of teams in mind for this new game and decided finally on Southampton. No particular reason really, not a fan but no negative feelings either on them.

So as i looked at the squad i thought no real gaps in the squad, only one being was that i needed to find a better right full-back. So had a pretty good base from where to build on.

The hunt for the full-back was the main goal and to get some better staff in. Finding young fresh talent is as always in my new teams a priority. Maybe i overdid it this time if you look at how much money i spent on them.

Had no luck on finding a full-back at first. For example tried to get Pa Mamodou Kah but he turned out to be too expenssive (had approx €6M for transfers) and also tried to get Trabelsi but he was too expenssive also. So i decided to go after David Mendes Da Silva as he can be trained to play on the rightside and he can also play as a DM pretty well and also as a DC. So he gives alot of options. Paid €2M for him. A pretty good catch.

Meanwhile i was hunting young talents and my fishing nets caught some pretty talented lads. Brought in both good prospects from Derby, Lee Holmes and Tom Huddlestone for a combined fee of €1.3M , Cherno Samba for €650k, Supat Rungratsmee for €400k, Oskitz Estefania for €925k and Lasse Qvist for €210k and Hamed Yahiaoui for €400k. I think that the last two were unnecessary purchases. Then i bought Orri Freyr Oskarsson in front of Craigs Aston Villa and Oj's Spurs for a hefty fee of €75k icon_biggrin.gif and hes been pure class so far.

So the squad was ready and the plan was not to get more players, as i had used up my transfer budget also. But then all of the sudden Real Madrid of all teams got interested in A.Svensson and they made a bid of €6.75M for him. I accepted without no hesitation. Only problem was to find a replacement as the transfer window was closing in a week or so. So after some quick scouting i came upon Dickson Etuhu from Preston (Moncs's team) and he had a min fee of €1.9M wich was perfect. Moncs tried to fight off my pursuit of him but there was nothing he could do really. I did have some anxious moments as he took some time to decide on where to go as Moncs had offered him a new contract at the same time but finally he came onto his sences and signed for my Saints.

I play a self-created 4-1-3-2 where the midfielders are spread with short arrows up.my current first team is as follows:

------------------Niemi------------------------

Da Silva-----Kenton----Lundekvam©---Higginbotham

------------------Prutton-----------------------

Delap-------------Pahars--------------Fernandes

-----------Oskarrson----Beattie

The season has started pretty well. Dont remember my positon with certainty, was approx 7th at the moment. Here are the fixtures played so far:

H Arsenal 2-1 icon_biggrin.gif a wonderful start

A Liverpool 1-2 stupid match where Beattie missed a penalty when it was 1-1 and a couple of minutes later Heskey scoring the winner

H Chelsea 0-0

A Bolton 3-1

H Wolves 1-1 should have won it but no finishing

A Portsmouth 0-0

H Uefa Neman Grodno (who??) 7-0

H Middlebrough 2-0

A Man Utd 0-2

A Uefa Neman Grodno 2-0

H Aston Villa (Craig) 3-1 icon_biggrin.gif MUAHAHAHA

A Tottenaham (Oj) 2-1 icon_biggrin.gif MUAHAHAHAHAHA

The Heroes so far has been Beattie-Oskarsson with Beattie scoring 8 goals so far and 1 assists in 12 starts and Oskarsson who has scored 6 with 7 assists on 6 full starts and 4 subs.

The expectations are to qualify for Europe and so far im a little behind but pretty sure it will happen. A minimum objective is to finish mid-table.

Roll on thursday!

The Saints Gaffer

GUYS - CAN EVERYONE D/L 4.1.4 FOR NEXT WEEK??

Tomorrow night we will still play 4.1.3 to allow people time to d/l and install.

However as from Monday 19th we will start on 4.1.4

(note: monday 19th, may have to be changed to tuesday 20th as I cannot make it on the monday!)

[This message was edited by Moncs on 14 January 2004 at 18:10.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

But Tue is my birthday (no jokes about telegrams from HRH please !)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we can play just the once next week if people cant make tuesday!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

But Tue is my birthday (no jokes about telegrams from HRH please !)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is sacriledge, how dare a game member have a life outside a clan night, take him out and flog him icon_wink.gif

I am only joking about not being able to play on Tue, although it IS my birthday......hint<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what your saying is, that you're gonna be drunk?

drunk ? me...well maybe 5 years ago but not now. And yes it was 1960 a wonderful year, England hadn't won the World Cup by then so life was bearable (just).

west ham united season 2003-04

With the fresh smell of pie & mash in the air, the supporters of West Ham were looking forward to a good season which hopefully would see them back in the EPL (where they belong).

In order for this to happen chairman T.Brown brought in Simon White as thier new manager,and straight away he made 4 signings:

Paulinho from Arsenal 160K

Nicky Fenton from Notts.County 110K

Mark Goodman from Coventry 140K

Porarinn Brynjar Kristjansson from Kalfavik on a free.

These are the Hammers fixtures so far.

C.Palace (H) won 4-0

Reading (H) drew 0-0

Walsall (A) won 1-0

Derby (A) drew 0-0

Wimbledon (H) drew 0-0

Wigan (A) won 2-0

Forest (H) drew 0-0

W.B.A (A) won 3-0

Crewe (H) won 4-0

Sheff.Utd (A) lost 0-1

Norwich (H) won 2-0

Stoke (A) won 2-0

As you can see Simon Whitehas done an excellent job at West Ham up to now, only losing 1 game,and only letting in 1 gaol all season.

He has got them to the 3rd round of the league cup where they will play Chelsea.

Defoe is the club's top goal scorer with 8, and he also has the most assists with 4, but new signing Kristjansson who only joined 2 games ago has already bagged 2 goals, 1 assist and 2 man of the match awards.

So being in 3rd placeand 4 points of the lead is a good solid start to the season, long may it continue.

Quite a terrible start to the season for Aston Villa, who went without a win for 8 league games. It wasn't the easiest start, having teams like Man utd, Leeds Utd and Tottenham. But then again not the hardest start. The team was looking pretty full from the start apart from the lack of flair on the wings, thats why lionel morgan came in as a result of Wimbledon's financial crisis.

Then another setback for villa as teams like Man Utd and Barca putting in bids for Melberg meeting the Min. Fee release clause, therefore, un-able to reject, Melberg had to go. But a nice 5.25mil replacement for him, which led to the 3.5mil (and 40% of next transfer) transfer of ledley king from tottenham. The 23 year old fitted in nicely and has had consistent form since.

Fixtures:

Man Utd H 1:2

Leeds Utd A 0:1

Tottenham A 0:2

Everton H 2:2

Fulham A 0:0

Blackburn H 0:0

Bury(league Cup) A 1:1

Charlton A 0:1

Leicester H 2:0 <first win

Southampton A 1:3

Newcastle H 2:2 <87th equalisericon_biggrin.gifyer

Man City A 0:2

With the board wanting the team to 'avoid relegation' they are satisfied. The bookies thaught that aston villa were 500/1 to win the premiership, stating that they would have a long hard relegation battle, and so far they have been right. But the fight goes on and Aston Villa are looking to the future with youngsters like Peter Crouch, Stefan Moore, Ridgewell and Hitzleberger. And not to forget the young signing-Morgan, and young defender Gareth Barry!

I have installed 4.1.4 on my works laptop (me bad) and am currently testing it.....will post back with my thoughts later.

Oh and OJ you are still crap !!!!

Well I must say that a lot of problems I have read about elsewhere appear to be present with my test game. Feedback from other clan members would be welcomed, but so far I HAVE noticed very high scores ie 5-3 and some 3-3 4-4 draws. Also the top scorers are back to being strikers with the highest mid in ALL the english Divs bein 19th place in Div 1, the next best is 24th place in the Conf. This is me testing as Cambridge in Div 3 and putting the Manager on Holiday for 3 months to see some stats generated without having to sit through it (I was at my work after all).

Any feedback from others in the clan that are testing would be welcome coz I am having doubts about moving over as I feel our current game is fine (if you don't count Moncs 5-1 stuffing by West Ham...hehehehehehe)

After years of underarchievement in the White Hart Lane, the Tottenham Hotspur management finally made a decision that would inevitably lead to great success once more. The decision was to hire Otto Koskela as the new manager of the Spurs.

Some might have their doubts over this decision but those who see the bigger picture know Mr Koskela will lift the club to new heights.

As the new manager, the first step was to get rid of overpayed, underarchieving and rapidly ageing players and to bring in some youth and talent. So, accordingly, Kasey Keller, Jamie Redknapp, Christian Ziege, Dean Richards, Milenko Acimovic and Sicknote, a.k.a. Darren Anderton were transferlisted. Due to his impending retirement nobody wanted Anderton, so he continues for one more season for the Spurs on a whopping 30K pounds per week salary, but fortunately other high earners did leave the club. This was crucial for the well-being of the club as the management made clear the wage bill would have to be cut by 90K per week. Also to bring in some much needed cash for new signings the decision was made to sell Ledley King and Gary Doherty.

Players out:

Kasey Keller 900K to Portsmouth

Milenko Acimovic 450K to Blackburn

Jamie Redknapp 500K to Liverpool

Dean Richards 1.3M to Liverpool

Gary Doherty 1M to Rangers

Ledley King 3.5M plus 40% of his next transfer to Aston Villa

Christian Ziege 2.5M to Newcastle

So in total 10.25M pounds was acquired from the sales and this money was used to bring in some huge talent. First buy for the new Spurs was the purchase of Mike Zonneveld from NEC in Holland for 2.5M. He would take the left back position in the lineup and would also add cover to Dalmat for the left midfield position. In the future he may move to the left wing of the midfield as he has some great skills. Since deciding to sell some central defenders, Philippe Mexes was signed from Auxerre for a fee of 3.8M. He would have to be the rock of the defence and the whole Spurs organisation has great confidence in him doing the job. Next in line was the purchase of new number 1 'keeper and after assessing the options, it was decided to bring in Croatian NT number 1 keeper Stipe Pletikosa to White Hart Lane. He was the most expensive purchase, as his 5.5M min. release clause had to be met in order to steal him from Shakhtar Donetsk. Though being only 24 years old, he might be the Spurs numero uno for the next 10 years, so the money paid for him was worth it. The last purchase to the starting lineup was the magnificent capture of highly promising Brazilian midfielder Renato from Santos. Surprisingly only 5M pounds were needed to buy him and for our great surprise he rejected Real Madrid and joined us. He only had 1 cap on the signing moment but he was given a work permit due to his immense talent. Last signing was the capture of young promising midfielder Nathan Doyle from Derby. In total 17M pounds were used to bring in the new faces and although it's a lot, all transfer fees will be payed over 24 months to ease the burden.

The starting lineup would be:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Keane Kanoute

Dalmat Mabizela Davies Renato

Zonneveld Gardner Mexes Carr ©

Pletikosa </pre>

The season has started with some good performances and some bad performances, but our aim is to atleast finish top-10 and hopefully qualify to Europe. Then strenghten the team some more next summer and aim for a Champions League spot. These have been the games played:

Middlesbrough H 1-2

Man Utd A 1-3

Aston Villa H 2-0

Leeds A 2-0

Everton A 3-3

Fulham H 1-1

Derby A 1-1 (League Cup) won on penalties

Blackburn A 5-0

Leicester A 1-1

Southampton H 1-2

Charlton H 0-1 (League Cup)

Newcastle A 2-0

Manchester City H 3-1

Birmingham H 2-2

Arsenal H 0-2

Best games thus far have been the away wins against Blackburn and Newcastle. Wiped the floor with both teams playing some great football. Simon Davies And Renato have been my best players, Davies already scoring 5 goals and Renato scoring some goals and assisting a lot. I have yet to get the best out of my striking duo of Keane and Kanoute but I'm confident I will get them to score more. Though I have scored a lot of goals, 24 in 14 games, which is among the highest in the league. I have also conceded 17 goals and if I can get that number down and keep on scoring, we should have a very good season. I'm currently sitting on 11th place with 20 points from 14 games. At this point the differences are very small and with a good run of results one can lift themselves to a pretty good position.

That's enough from the Spurs manager for now, I'll keep you posted on how the season progresses. icon_smile.gif

And an erruption from Villa Park today as Craig Smith confirmed the signing of young Jobi McAnuff for a fee of 1.6 million pounds from cash broke Wimbledon.Craig Smith had stated earlier in the season that flair would be needed on the wings and this fullfills that statement.

The only question in the fans' heads is, 'Who will Smith be dropping??'. Only time will tell but for now it is McAnuff's time to prove his worth in the villa team!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lister67:

re:rabs posting 16/01/2004

nice one rab could nt agree more

that oj is a ******<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks lister, I love you too. icon_smile.gif

LISTER

just up dated to 4.1.4 i hope that this is better than 4.1.3 cos if we have to go back and re install this game again i will be quiting the clan

IF WE FIND OUT OR DECIDE THAT 4.1.4 IS NOT SUITABLE THEN YES WE WILL BE GOING BACK TO 4.1.3

i went to run the game with this down load and now its not working won t load up

any one got any thought please advise a.s.a.p

DOH!!! YOUR NOT THE BRIGHTEST ARE YOU!!

Moncs, I've now ran one season on holiday mode with Arsenal, finished first and scored 72 goals. That was the highest in the Prem, so there isn't too many goals being scored in the game. I've also had a look at around the game and I see nothing wrong. I'll run it for another season atleast and we'll see. But everything seems good.

I see no reason why we shouldn't continue with 4.1.4.

Thanks OJ - Can you check goalscorers and injuries, as a lot of people report their team having way to many injuries and also they say only forwards seem to score.

Could you also check some games, as a LOT of people moan about the keeper always getting MOTM

Archived