The Scanland Clan

Well, atleast I bother playing. icon_wink.gif

Okay, a really quick one. My Ipswich team is currently at 2nd place in the EPL after 12 games. I've won 8, drawn 2 and lost 2 and got 26 points. 2 less than the current leaders Liverpool.

In the Champions League We've been bloody brilliant. Won our first ever CL game against Lokomotiv Moscov 7-0, with our new boy Fernardo Cavenaghi scoring 4. Still got 1 game left in our CL group and we have already booked our places to next round with 4 wins and a loss in 5 games. Deportivo and Lyon will decide the 2nd place.

So, things are looking excellent for us, and with the exception of the odd injury here and there we are fine. Just got our other major summer signing, Joe Cole, back to the team after a 2-month injury. Our attacking play is going brilliant with Julio Arca in the left mid, Joe Cole in the right and Alex in the hole behind thw 2 strikers orchestrating our plays from the midfield and Cavenaghi and Sonck finishing them off. IIIRC, Cavenaghi has scored 17 goals thus far and Sonck about 8, with both also having assists.

Our defense is tight with the slightly reformed back four of Bellini, the former Atalanta man, in the left, Song on the right and Purse and Lescott in the centre. And one of the summer signings, Salif Diao is playing the defensive midfielder role in front of the defense. And as usual, Andreas Isaksson being the goalie.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonights game may have to be cancelled due to my current busy work schedule. I shall try to get the server on and running as near to 7pm as I can but I can't promise it. Also Moncs is due back on Thurs so we may be back to him hosting then. I will update when and if I can. If the server is not online by 8pm then you can assume the game is off coz I haven't got home yet....

Sorry rorymort but we aren't looking for new members at the moment. We are currently playing our final season on CM4 and after that we're moving on to 03/04.

At that point I'm sure we will take a fella or two to join our game.

Thurs night will be an 8pm start as we are back to Moncs hosting. Be aware this time depends on a few variables so it might be later, so no bitchin' (you have been warned !!).

On a different note I have read quite a bit about 03/04 having some bugs to be corrected with an EP on day of release so in light of that fact we need to decide if we are changing over straight away or if we are going to wait a bit. I am dying to get back to playin' and want to start on 03/04 as soon as possible but it needs to be a clan decision so post your thoughts here.

well my thought are that 03/04 will be in any case more bug free without a ep than the current version. i will be playing it during the weekend when it comes out anyways with the ep if it comes out the same day, propably with oj, so we can report back on how it works. but judging by the demo it's already a huge improvement.

i've played the demo and it seems a whole lot better already.Lets change over straight away with EP if it's going to help.

When and how will we decide what teams we are going to be.Because i would like to be the team that i actually support in real life.

You got it m8.....

The bad news is that tomorrow will need to be cancelled as Moncs and I will not have time to get it up and running in time to make it worthwhile. It is not open for debate either as Moncs has the final say and he is not getting back from London in time to allow us to get it up and running. Sorry guys but there is always Monday to look forward too.

No probs. We are ditching this soon anyways. Though would be fun to win the CL or EPL before that...

So, I was thinking if it's ok that I would go with Middlesbrough? Always had a soft spot for them and they have my fav player Mendieta now... icon_smile.gif

OK then OJ, you are now the future Middlesbrough manager, and Razor has went for the Hammers. Anyone else have a choice picked out then post it here.

Really busy at work so gotta go......

yes, after this season, depending on what league you finish in depends on what league you start in the new one.

Also, Just because you finish in the EPL this time, does not mean you can go Man Utd and Arsenal, it also depends on what position you finish. ie) if you finish 15th in the EPL this season then you will only be allowed to go lower teams NOT the big guns.

well how do you determine who are lower teams and who are big guns, if i for example would finish before arseanal in the current season, could i then choose them if i wanted to? or is that considered as a nono, not that i would choose arseanal. or if i would qualify for the uefa could i then choose a team that would start in the uefa cup in 03/04. not sure about the addicks after all. --> to do the laundry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

ok then to save confusion and agruements why dont we all just start in Division Two...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nooo no no no. i'll go with charlton if that's alright.

ok... so let me get this straight, if I get promoted in the current season with Everton I will be able to stay in the EPL, and be able to pick Everton. And Razor will be able to pick West Ham in the 1st Div if he gets promoted from Div 2 and the same with Lister, they are as good as up anyway.

I also d/l the gold demo from the site, loadsa bugs, do you think they will have a patch ready for the opening day, or will we just get on with it and start with or without the patch.

Damn its boring without Rab or Moncs in the game, you two should join in before the season end just for fun, and to stop Wolves from being relegated, because if thats the case Moncs you will be in Div 2. HeHe

I'm getting really confussed now.When will we be finishing the current season and when will we be starting 03/04.Are we starting after the current season has finished cos we r only half way through at the mo, (i think).

If every one wants to start 03/04 straight away (so moncs and rab can play) lets go with where we r in our tables at the mo, i,e: if i'm 2nd then i go in div 1 etc,.

Ok guys......I am hosting tonight as I need to be at Home to watch the bairn. I will be on messenger for a wee while as well so we can sort out what our plan is going to be coz the new ver is out on Fri and I would imagine that we will start the new game on Monday. As for Fudges question then yes if you are in a position to get promoted by the end of this week then you can go Everton, I don't mind you going them even if you are not in the EPL as they are mince anyway (just my opinion). We should have this weekend to get all clan players onto the same ver of the game with the EP as both moncs and I (and Sami '10mb' Elite) will be able to download it and pass it to the guys with slow connections.

See you all later.

ok, listen up guys.....

WE WILL PLAY UP UNTIL THE END OF THE CURRENT SEASON IN CM4. AFTER THE SEASON ENDS THE LEAGUE POSITIONS and LEAGUE YOU FINISH IN WILL DERTERMINE WHAT TEAM YOU CAN CHOOSE FOR CM 03/04.

I HAVE DECIDED THAT WE WILL START CM 03/04 IN JANUARY 2004.

THERE ARE A FEW REASONS FOR THIS.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>IT WILL GIVE SI TIME TO IRON OUT AND BUGS THAT THEY MISSED IN TESTING.

<LI>EVERYONE USUALLY HAS FAMILY/WORK COMMITMENTS IN DECMEBER.

<LI>IT WILL GIVE US ALL A NICE WELL EARNED BREAK FOR A MONTH.

Rab, don't forget I also got a 1MB connection. icon_wink.gif

And I would like to start earlier than what you suggest Moncs, but I'm okay with the decision. And since I am likely to finish in the top 4 again, I might go with Arsenal or Newcastle, for example. icon_wink.gif

The Lions Manager log, day 2005 (about)

So the last season of cm4 in the Scanland well underway and i wanted to report on how things are going. And things are going quite well actually. Lying in 7th position after 20 matches and pushing for a place in Europe. Here are the latest matches played.

Premier League Matches:

H Bolton 3-0

A Leeds 1-2

A Man City 2-5

H Charlton 3-2

A Chelsea 0-3

H Ipswich 4-2 icon_biggrin.gif

A Arsenal 1-2

H Southampton 3-1

A Coventry 3-2

H W.B.A 3-0

A Blackburn 3-0

A Man Utd 1-1

League Cup

2nd Round A Bournemouth 3-0

3rd Round H Liverpool 4-0 icon_biggrin.gif

4th Round H Southampton 2-0

Qtr Final A Tottenham 2-1

Semi-Finals against Chelsea

So im happy with our situation in the league. We are the strongest team at home but the stepping stone of the season has been our away games. The situation is quite similar to what we had at one early point in the Nationwide. And we have had some really tightly lost games away especially in the beginning of the season. Have only 2 wins away and that 1 draw from the United game.

As to our lads on the field they have showed some spirit at times. Mark Kerr's winning goal in the 85th minute against Coventry was a real schock, Bending it from 40 yards made me cough anyway. But the two real stars of the season has been Galletti and Samba. Samba as the top scorer in the EPL has been phenomenal with 15 goals or so and Galletti is the top assist man in the league with Samba also being up there as 3rd.

We have actually scored the most goals in the league wich is surprising but our defence has been cought numerous times at away matches which has damped our season a bit. With Zenoni on the right from Juve and Lee Buxton from Portsmouth as the new boys in defence, the defence has needed some time to gel for away matches.

If only we would play another season after this cause i suspect our current team could easily push for a CL place and with a little bit of luck even for the title. The class is there and the young players are developing really well. But that will remain as a mystery.

Here's the table after 20 matches:

Date 4.1.20007

Won/Goals For/Against/Pts

1st Ipswich 14/36/13 45 (oj)

2nd Chelsea 14/33/12 44

3rd Man Utd 13/40/22 43

4th Liverpool 12/36/17 40

5th Newcastle 12/35/24 37

6th Fulham 10/36/22 36

7th Millwall 11/43/29 34 (me)

8th Arsenal 11/29/22 34

9th Southampton 10/31/22 33

10th Coventry 9/24/33 29

11th Man City 8/29/30 26

12th Leeds 6/26/34 23

13th Blackburn 6/23/31 22

14th W.B.A 6/15/32 22

15th Charlton 5/26/33 21

16th Middlesbrough 6/20/27 21

17th Bolton 5/18/31 18

18th Wimbledon 5/17/32/ 17 (craig)

19th Leicester 3/6/27 13

20th West Ham 2/9/39 8

Some way to go yet but the top 3 are the ones who are gonna fight for the title. GO OJ, with that squad it should be a piece of cake. icon_wink.gif Me and my Lion boys shall continue to push for a place in europe and possibly win the league cup or the FA cup, would be really nice.

The Lions Manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by "elite":

The Lions Manager log, day 2005 (about)

Here's the table after 20 matches:

Date 4.1.20007

The Lions Manager<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, you have played this game quite some time icon_wink.gif

The Everton Nightmare continues, 9 games to go and a disater of a season, 16 draws have seen Everton drop down to 15th position in the league, and all this with a squad a lot better than the one I had last year, combined with a massive injury list and poor form this has destroyed my season.

There is an outside chance of making the playoffs and the team is now starting to respond, Monday night should see us finish the season.

I am still in the cup with a great victory over Man City(11th in EPL) this brings us to the quarter finals, scary being here with the big boys, I can only hope that whoever i do get in the cup will not score too many against my fragile team.

Due to circumstances beyond my control tonights session will have to be cancelled. Sorry guys but I can make the server available on Tues if you all agree to it. Post here otherwise next session will be Thurs.

Archived