The Scanland Clan

A terrible night for Everton, we started with 2 wins then 2 losses, then a draw away to Bolton, this really blew my chances of an automatic promotion slot now i will need to fight to stay in the playoffs. Had a huge run of injurys in 1 game i got 5, my whole midfield was out at one point (all 6 midfielders), They are now close to full fitness again but i still have 2 players playing in the African Cup and not due back untill mid Febuary (4 weeks).

I also just wanted to mention Norwich (Lister), they are struggling and are now in the relegation zone, i think that he can pull them out, but it may take too long as he has many problems to sort out.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Night saw some interesting results with Norwich coming back on track with some nice wins (one well deserved against my Cambridge too) and Wimbeldon going from strength to Strength in the title chase. Wolves welcomed to the Managers chair one Prince Moncrieff the 3rd although I suspect he may be related to failed manager Moncs the 2nd.....while Everton continue to confound with some very good displays punctuated with some very bad results, that sees them dropping out off the auto spot into the play off mire.

In the EPL OJ continues to impress with his squad and looks like a good bet for a Euro place on league position alone, although he knows the dangers of complacency only to well. Sami's Millwall are battling bravely and winning the games they must (unlike my Coventry who only managed draws in my time in the EPL) and looks like he might have done enough to secure another year in the EPL, but he again knows not to take it for granted.

In Div 2 we have seen the transformation of Razors Brighton with them finishing unbeaten the whole session including three away games,very good work and I am sure Razor will thank OJ for all his hard work.....

Cambridge continue to be frustrating due to lack of quality in my team and lack of funds to bring the quality I need, so I have settled for staying here till next season and will spend the rest of this season looking at my up and coming players and checking if they are up to the task in hand.....until next time....cya

Millwall was struggling, struggling really bad and the squads morale was appauling.

So i made some changes. In fact rather large changes. Threw my training&tactics into the trash bin and created new ones. The tactic i created aint that different on paper, but when u look deeper it is.

The set pieces setups has always been a strong point in my teams that i manage but now i think i took'em to a new level. well seemed that way anyway. icon_smile.gif

I had only 3 matches last night wich was a slight boredom-factor, but atleast the team had time to train properly before trying on the new tactics. And they went really well. I was 19th when the first game came up against leeds, wich we won 2-0 and dominated it really. Then we played against Blackburn wich we also dominated and won 3-1. A red card did aid us. Then we played portsmouth away and we did take the lead until the 85th minute when portsmouth managed to equalise. i must admit that i did a bad managing error which helped them to equalise. simply played to passively.

But anyway encouraging to play 3 matches without losing for a very, VERY long time. and the squads morale has sky rocketed.

if i remember right we are 17th at the moment and it is really tight. the teams from 12th down to 19th is in the relegation battle. i think they were all within 5 points.

PS. Hey gang. If you want to play tomorrow an extra night im in after all. so please shout if you still want one.

The Lions Manager

What can I say, Ipswich are the hottest team in England at the moment and there is no stopping us! Though that might change a bit in the future, as I have a very hectic fixture list coming up with both the Fa Cup and Uefa Cup games in addition to the EPL games, so in this period our strenght as a team will be tested to the limits, and also the level of my squad players because they will get chances to show their worth now. If I can stroll the next month with only a loss or two I feel like I am in an excellent position to challence for the Uefa Cup title and a CL spot in the EPL.

So, here are my results from the past months:

H Millwall 3-0

H Man Utd 0-1

A Dinamo Kiev 1-0 Uefa Cup 3rd round leg 2

H Blackburn 5-0

A Leeds 0-0

H Portsmouth 3-0

A Brentford 0-0 Fa Cup 3rd round

H Middlesbrough 2-0

H Brentford 6-0 Fa Cup 3rd round replay

A Southampton 7-3

H Arsenal 4-0

H AFC Wimbledon 1-0 Fa Cup 4th round

H Chelsea 1-0

A Leicester 3-0

So, as you can all see from my latest game I've been on stunning form and only lost and drawn once in the last 14 games and only conceded 4 times! And my team has really shined in the big games, away against Southampton, last year's EPL champion and FA Cup finalist, we won 7-3 despite being on 10 men after only some 30 minutes. In the next game I totally outclassed Arsenal and easily ran out 4-0 winners, who were at the moment on second place and finally, beating league leaders Chelsea 1-0 after a solid performance. I really couldn't ask more from my lads at the moment, they are fabulous!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that in the 7-3 demolish of Southampton, Julio Arca scored the best goal since Maradona's against England. He got the ball in the halfway line and dribbled past the entire Southampton defence and after finishing his incredible run fooled Niemi in Southampton's goal and put the ball in the empty net! Needless to say that was an incredible goal and I've watched it over and over again and just sit infront my screen with a wide-open mouth and take deep breaths in order not to lose control totally! icon_eek.gif

That's all for now. After our next session you'll be hearing if our incredible form still continued...

OJ, the astounished manager of Ipswich

Last night saw more discussion about if the clan should move over to 03/04 when it comes out than anything else. Not sure how we are going to end up but feel free to post your suggestions in here. I am in favour of playing two more seasons with what we have and then seeing if the move is worth it.

Well a lot of interest in discussing the matter so we are no further forward....I don't want to spend all night tonight talking about it so please stick your thoughts in this thread !!!

Server will be online from 6pm (approx) aiming for a 7pm start.

Well in my opinion one more season would be ideal but I'm okay with two seasons.

Though, Rab, I wonder if it's any good discussing this matter here since me, you, Elite and Moncs are the only ones here. The other half of our clan haven't crawled in here for ages... icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

What happened with the idiot last night?

Must have happened after I left.

I wont be able to get on until a week on monday, so I will miss the end if the season and the start of the next.

With regards to CM03/04, I would rather play just ONE more season.

Monday nights hack on my server was not aimed at the CM game it just happened to be running at the time and it crashed out due to my local policies not allowing the hacker to do whatever he/she was trying to do. I think it was a script tho as it was a very lame attempt and made no effort to hide the tracks that were left. So be aware that from next Monday I will be switching the server over to Windows 2003 (server ver of XP) which should stop future scripts from disrupting our game, although i blame OJ who just happened to say that very night that the server had not crashed under the new arrangement !!!!

As far as playing one or two seasons I think we need to take a vote when we are all there so we will do that tomorrow night, anyone who can't make it should vote here. We will assume Moncs is voting for one more season.

That bloody low no-life hacker took mine 3 points after a fierce battle against newcastle. needless to say im still angry about that as those 3 points were worth more than all the gold in the world. Well luck is always involved wether you want it or not, and i've had my fair chare of the bad kind this season.

As of the 03/04 version i think we should play until it comes out and then play the season wich we are currently playing at that time before switching.

The Gutted Lions Manager

URGENT

pLESE CAN WE POSTPONE TONIGHTS GAME AS MY GIRLFRIEND IS VERY UNWELL (MIGHT HAVE TO GO INTO HOSPITAL.

I KNOW IT'S A BIT OF A CHECK BUT AS WE HAVE ONLY 2 GAMES TO GO AND THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF THE PLAY OFFS FOR ME I WOULD LIKE TO BE THERE... SO CAN WE DELAY IT TILL MONDAY.

THANKS VERY MUCH

RAZOR

I am fine for that Razor and will speak to the guys tonight so don't worry about that, just make sure your girlfriend is OK m8....and keep us advised. Hope everything is gonna be ok.

Well, I wouldn't say she's allright if she's in the hospital in pain, Elite, but nevertheless let's hope she makes a speedy recovery and gets well. icon_smile.gif

Some game news. Ipswich made it to next year's Champions League by finishing 4th, Millwall stayed in the EPL and Wimbledon finished 2nd in thediv 1 to book their place in the EPL for next season.

We are currently on pre season and atleast my Ipswich team are reinforcing their squad with a few stars before the summer is over. Stay tuned, I'll tell everything once the pre season is over...

Just in case some readers of this forum were wondering why there is not much reporting going on from some of the more regular posters (ie Moncs & I) I should point out that because we are moving over to CM03/04 when it's released some of us don't feel it's worth carrying on with our current game and will only be dropping in occasionally until we start our new game. The agreement was that the others could keep playing and they would be eligible for a team in the Div they are in at the time of the 03/04 release, this gives them something to play for and is the only reason some are still playing.

The reason I have not been posting much is since Im in London for what is now going to be SIX weeks rather than the original four, so with work and a nice social life down there Im very rarely on the net.

Razor - hope everything is ok with your girlfriend m8, please keep us updated and pass on all our regards from Scanland.

To answer you OJ....no I won't be playing until the new game starts. I will continue to host the game while Moncs is away tho so we will speak fairly regularly. The server will be up from 6pm tonight (approx) and you will be finishing by 11pm no matter what time you all agree to play till (the server is a dual CPU and generates too much noise to be left on any later than that).

The season went right down to the wire regarding our stay in the epl, and we narrowly made it. Finished 17th and it was like after winning the cl in the dressing room after the last match!

We have played the pre-season and i think the first league match is one or two weeks away. Our pre-season matches has gone really well and im quietly confident of a mid-table finish. The board expects us to fight bravely against relegation.

Had some players leave the club and some has arrived.

Got rid of Ivan Bosnjak as we havent spoken in 6 months and he has been playing for the reserves. He simply disliked me for no apparent reason. As he would have been class he never played well during our first epl season due to this fact. So i sold him to Fudges Everton for 3M euros where i think he will do well.

I got Pedro Munitis and Buxton (portsmouth) and i really think they are gonna make the difference from last season + the fact that the team has really gelled and some of the young talents has progressed really well. Samba, Ashikodi and Adu in particular, and Galletti has been really flying during the pre-season matches and scored 6 goals. I.e we beat Rangers 4-0 icon_smile.gif

So im looking forward for the new season icon_smile.gif

The Lions Manager

Game is either off tonight or won't start until 8pm....post here your prefrence as I won't be home till late tonight and ain't gonna rush home if nobody is playin.....

Hi all of you could someone tell Marlow that I'm sorry that I keep on messing up all of the clans and I want to play cm4 clans again it's just that my Girlfriend died in a car chrash and her mates were innit aswell but unfortunatly my girlfriend risked her life for her friends and that really meant something to me and something else crept up my mum is taken to the hospital after using a chainsaw to cut her stomach abit but she is in a operation but I'm going into see her to-morrow and then I can go home and drink my self with coke and rum to sleep or maybe just go to cry to sleep icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif ;( icon_frown.gif

If the above post is meant to be funny then I apologise now for not laughing....you Mballack19 are an arse and should be banned as plebs like you are not welcome in this forum and in particular not welcome in this thread. You think it funny that someones girlfriend has to go into hospital and then think you will show us all how clever you are by typing the drivel above.....get a life you C U N T

Interesting read mballack19, however if any of those things did happen to you then Im sure you have my sincere condolances, however as I am sure than none did, why don't you just crawl back under your stone... and if you have drank yourself to death then this was a waste of my time typing this since you cant read it.

On a more serious note. Has there been a final decision as to what we are doing with regards to the new version of CM?

I was thinking about 10.30pm ish.....if thats ok with you guys (tough if it ain't coz thats when I turn it off anyway) and should be up from about 6pm as normal tho you will need to tell me what time you are starting at coz I need to save before you start.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quedron:

OJ

You da man!

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man where the hell did you disappear?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

My god the OJ fan club have showed up !!!! Usual time tonight guys with a nice early finish as I need my sleep......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Rab. I'm the only one here deserving a fan club since I'm the best!! icon_biggrin.gif And in the Champions League! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes, Rab. I'm the only one here deserving a fan club since I'm the best!! icon_biggrin.gif And in the Champions League! icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't know about that... You just rock, nothing else icon_wink.gif

Been away my friend in Scotland working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quedron:

OJ

You da man!

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man where the hell did you disappear?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

My god the OJ fan club have showed up !!!! Usual time tonight guys with a nice early finish as I need my sleep......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Rab. I'm the only one here deserving a fan club since I'm the best!! icon_biggrin.gif And in the Champions League! icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see the regular updates on this thread now that Moncs & I are not playing until 03/04 comes out !!!!! Come on peeps some info on how things are going would be nice......

Archived