The Scanland Clan

My god we been invaded !!!! nice to have an outsiders view of the human race from Lambies Lovechild, keep up the good work, and to prove your a Jags fan can you tell Jason at the next Jags game to phone Rab.....

As to OJ and Sami being in 'control' of the game all I can say is Get tae fuk ya nonce!!! It was I Rab who got promoted to the EPL, it is the Coventry team I built stuffing everyone (except Razor who gets stuffed BY everyone), and just because I fancied a wee rest in Div 2 don't mean ****...I AM the best and you both know it.......now where did I put my bromide ??

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rab, you make me laugh m8. Yes, well done in getting promoted some time ago, and then you got relegated in a very unfortunate way. BUT, what happened then?? you were 20th (give or take) in the Nationwide when you retired just before getting the sack. some really afwul displays. Yes it was you who built the coventry team, but you couldn't perform with your team m8. And don't blaim it all on McAllister.

As im speaking in the here and now time zone, the finns are in control of the scanland at the moment, no doubt about that. you are just dwelling in the past as our finnish ex-javelin throwers and ex-long distance runners do. they make me sad.

The Lions Manager, soon in the EPL, where are you? icon_biggrin.gif

Dwelling in the past am I.....then why do they keep records mate ? to allow other people to make an informed decision based on the facts.....now speaking as a PROVEN EPL manager (I know we were relegated but you DO rememeber the 'unable to loan players in the EPL' bug and more importantly the 'Oh I lost that game even tho I just watch my team draw it' bug) I would like to point out that while you and OJ are talented managers you ain't in MY class.....so don't get carried away sonny......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

Which one ain't a bug m8 ?? The score change or the unable to loan an EPL Player while in the EPL in our SECOND season ie next year !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was added to EP4 or EP5 and when you tried loaning the players, we played with EP3. So that's why you couldn't loan then, we didn't have the EP that made it possible...

well it's clear now, Millwall is a EPL team! icon_smile.gif the lads has just played wonderfully all season with the occasional hickups but nothing major at any point of the season.

as some games are still to be played, good time to experiment with some upcoming players, moses ashikodi in particular, looks really promising, has still a lot to learn though thats for sure.

the main objective next season is to stay clear of relegation. for second is to strengthen the squad. looks like ivan bosnjak is going to ipswich with the bosman rule so that needs to be looked into. Steven Reid is also leaving for €5M (euro's rab, or funny money as you call it)

gonna wait to see how the wage budget/transfer funds are gonna look like and only then start to make some real desicions for my tranfer strategy.

The (Proud) Lions Manager

Things are looking fairly good for Ipswich, currently occupying the 10th place and we've managed to put together a very good cup run, which has seen the Tractor boys go all the way to the Semi finals of the FA cup, where we will face the 6th placed Blackburn. It's going to be a tough match, no doubt but I'm confident we will win it cause we've already been able to beat teams like Chelsea in the cup. And also last year when we were both in the Nationwide, we beat Blackburn easily and since that their team hasn't notably gotten stronger, whereas we have been able to strengten our team.

On the transfer front I have been able to secure the services of a few class players for next season through Bosman transfers, Julio Arca from Sunderland and an African striker from Turkey, who will be quite a big hit in the EPL next season, I predict... And a few other players to give some depth to my team and also, like Elite said, Bosnjak from Millwall. Though there's still a 50% chance I won't sign him, as he wanted very high wages and I haven't decided yet if I want to pay that much for a player who wouldn't be going in to the first eleven. So it might be that I cancel that transfer, as well as another one, Eric Carriere's transfer from Man Utd. Cancelling those two transfers would give me more room with the wages if I got the money to make some purchases in the summer. So we'll see...

OJ, the soon to be crowned as the FA Cup winners Ipswich's manager.

Well, six games left of the season and im sitting pretty just inside the play-off places, however three of my last six are against teams just above and below me so I will have to make sure that the team continues to play as well as they have been.....

Why oh why would anyone ask for tactical advice from a Finn ?? Unless it was directions on how to get to the nearest reindeer farm undetected by the reindeer police !!!!

Well what a disppointing end to a promising season. Sitting in the final play-off place with three games left things looked good, however after only taking ONE point from those three games I ended up 7th icon_frown.gif The two defeats were against Fudges Everton and Craigs Wimbledon who clinced a play-off place thanks to that last day victory.

Im very happy with my squad and dont think I need to add much to it during the pre-season, Im very happy with the three or four yonngsters that I brought through this season and there are a few more knocking at the first team door.

ROLL ON SEASON FOUR!!!!!

Well fúck me pink and ride me sideways, what a season ending me and my Ipswich lads just had!!! icon_eek.gif

At the start of tonight's session, we were at 10th place in the league and in the semis of the FA Cup but after having a little pep-talk with the boys we were on fire and it seemed like nobody would stop us! Well, only one team could stop us tonight and that was Middlesbrough on the final day of the EPL. After winning all the matches in the league we played tonight, something like 6 in a row, we had climbed all the way to 4th place and if only we had won that damn away game too we would have gotten ourselves to the Champions League! Well, we lost that game 2-1 and Aton VIlla won their last game and claimed a spot in the CL, and Liverpool also came ahead of us, so we finished the season on the 6th place. And excellent position for a promotion club but I was absolutely gutted, as I could already smell the athmosphere of the CL and feel all the money weighting in my pockets. But it wasn't meant to be... icon_frown.gif

Well, I got my act together and had a word with the team cause we had one important game left, the FA Cup final versus the newly-crowned league champions, Southampton. Needless to say that winning this game would be an excellent archievement for the Ipswich Town football club and I had no intention of losing another crucial game. We started the game with confidence and during the first half, my excellent midfield maestro Alex scored a stunning free kick from 35 yards! I was up 1-0 and never looked back. With a solid performance we beat the champions and for the first time since 1978 we had lifted the FA Cup!!!

So, all in all I had an excellent season, I was able to strenghten my teamconsiderably and really establish my position in the top competition, not to mention the fact that at the moment I have something like 25 million pounds in the bank! And the TV-money and co are still coming in the summer. So things are looking really excellent and if I can reinforce the team a bit more, I should also have a good next season.

I'll get back later and write little something about my players and how they performed for me this season...

OJ, the best ever Ipswich Town manager, who should soon get a statue infront of the stadium!!! icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by OJ on 16 September 2003 at 0:56.]

A mixed bag last night as we saw everything from flying mice to flying Finns !!!

First things first though as my Cambridge side who had won 12 games in a row faced up to the last 4 games of the season in 4th Place only 4 pts behind the League leaders. After adding 3 more wins I had moved up to 1st but was only 1 pt clear of the pack!!!! It was a very nervy game against Tranmere but my boys came through and the other results meant nothing and I ended the season as CHAMPION...... Div 1 here I come.....I hope my squad is strong enough to cut it in the higher Division but will need to wait until I see how much cash is going to be made available to strengthen the squad.

Back to the flying mice tho as I was sat 2 feet from Moncs when Wimbledon (managed by my nephew !!) struck for a second time to end moncs hopes of a playoff.....the mouse jumped off the desk and flew past my ear missing by a cm and crashed into the door with a thud !!! I think Moncs took it well as he also had several heavier things sat near him (including me!) that might just have followed the mouse....so Wimbledon advanced to the playoff's and Moncs faces up to another season in Div 1. After making it to the playoff final against Coventry (a team that I built) it was a close game with Wimbledon losing out after a very close game.

So when all the dust settled we only had Sami make it to the EPL and of the rest only Moncs and Craig came close, I was dissapointed to see Stu's Norwich fade so badly, and suprised to see Fudge's Everton avoid the drop. Razor's Brighton fell to Div 2 and might just be too good to stay there.....

Roll on the off season and I am now looking forward to the 1st Div challenge once again in the company of fellow human managers....

WOLVES Player by Player Season Assesment

Goalkeepers

Peter Schmeichel

Started off as first choice and had a pretty decent start to the season, however a shoulder injury ruled him out for a week and let in young Stef Doedee and Schmeichel has never won his place back. He has now left Wolves as his (mega expensive) contract has came to an end

Played 16 Conceded 16 Ave Rtg - 7.27

Stef Doedee

A young 17yr old inexperienced dutch keeper who was one of my many youth signings came in for the injured Schmeichel and made the No 1 shirt his own after some breathtaking displays.

His agility and shot stopping are superb for one so young and he has a VERY bright future ahead of him.

Played 23 Conceded 28 Ave Rtg - 7.26

Defenders

Paul Butler

My main central defender, this Irish internationist is the rock at the back and seems to form a great partnetship with whoever he plays with. At 31 he is nearing the end of his career but still has plenty to offer.

Played 31 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 7.12

Wesley Charles

Wesley and Paul make a superb defensive partnetship, Wesley is 29yr old Vincentian international, and this expeienced duo at the back provide a great barrier against any attack.

Played 42 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 7.25

Lee Naylor

25yr old Lee has been with the club all his playing days, and although not the most skilful of players he always give 100% and steadys the ship when things get rough.

Played 30 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 6.69

Tim Clancy

Another one from the Moncrieff Youth conveyor belt, at 19, Tim came in half way thru the season for the suspended Borja and claimed the right back spot his own with his consistant performances. Another one I tip to make it big.

Played 14 Goals 1 Ave Rtg - 7.00

Borja

A free transfre from Real Madrid in the close season, Started off as my first choice right back but after a dozen or so games lost his way and was replaced by Tim Clancy. Yet to regain his fine early season form

Played 11 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 7.00

Ian Evatt

23yr old Ian a £30k signing from Derby has came in for Butler or Charles when required and done a great job, currently playing as backup to the central defence but has the ability to play anywhere in the park, a great man to have on the bench.

Played 14 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 7.14

Midfielders

Keith Andrews

Otherwise known as Captain Fantastic, Irishman Keith seems to go from strengh to strengh, the Roy Keane figure at the heart of the midfield is by far the most important member of the midfield, not only does he break things up he also produces great passes and has a wicked shot.

Played 46 Goals 2 Ave Rtg - 7.60

Stuart Drummond

Linking up well with Keith for the second half of the is Stuart, a more creative midfielder than Keith and great at delivering that final through pass.

Played 19 Goals 1 Ave Rtg - 7.54

Craig Burley

The experienced Scottish international provides the level head in midfield when called upon, played most of the first part of the season but only a bit part in the second half. Still an important member of the team.

Played 22 Goals 0 Ave Rtg - 6.96

David Savage

Another Irish international who can play central and right midfield, played most of the season on the right providing great crosses and passes for the forwards, At 31 he has just reached his peak.

Played 28 Goals 2 Ave Rtg - 7.17

Albert Crusat

A loan siging from Espanyol, proved a great hit on the left wing with his speed and shooting ability, he will be sadly missed next season.

Played 19 Goals 7 Ave Rtg - 7.15

Sammy Clingan

Yet another one of the youth players who I have brought through to the first team this season. At 21 and already capted by Northen Ireland this midfielder has a massive future. He can play in the center or out on the left.

Played 11 Goals 1 Ave Rtg - 7.09

Thomas Pinault

A creative french midfielder who has loads of ability and skill, sadly this season has been hampered by injury, but at only 23 he still has plenty to offer.

Played 19 Goals 1 Ave Rtg - 7.07

Forwards

Lee Millar

Well, what can you say about this man, at only 22 years old, the young scot has taken the english league by storm over the last few seasons. 27 goals in 38 starts says it all.

Played 38 Goals 27 Ave Rtg - 7.87

Sam Parkin

The main partner for Lee up front, the young signing from Swindon a few seasons ago has now found his feet and the net. Looking for more from him next season.

Played 17 Goals 9 Ave Rtg - 6.75

Laurent Leroy

French striker who comes in and does a decent job when called upon, needs to get his goals ratio up a bit to stake a claim for a constant first team place.

Played 12 Goals 4 Ave Rtg - 6.64

Ones To Look Out For Next Season

As well as Stef Doedee, Tim Clancy and Sammy Clingan who have already broken through to the first team this season, I have a good few more players breaking down that first team door for next season.

Charlie Adam

a scottish midfielder who has played very well in the reserves this season will get his chance.

Nick Verlijsdonk

an 18yr old dutch sensation, he has already had six first team starts this season and done very well.

Barry Thornton

A young striker bought from Coventry 14 goals in 23 outings for the under 19's, he will again get his chance to show what he can do.

NIce post Monc's....I suggest that we all do the same at the end of every season m8. I know I will.....soon.

No need for the non regulars to do it though as I figure that as they can't update here on a weekly basis we have no chance of a summary, but hey they could always prove me wrong !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

NIce post Monc's....I suggest that we all do the same at the end of every season m8. I know I will.....soon.

No need for the non regulars to do it though as I figure that as they can't update here on a weekly basis we have no chance of a summary, but hey they could always prove me wrong !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I'm going to do one right now. icon_wink.gif

Ipswich first team player by player

Goalkeepers

Andreas Isaksson

Well, what can I say about the young Swedish international. He was the wall in my goal and on more occasions that I can remember, saved precious points for us and he was very consistent and he playerd every single game we had this season, a total of 47 games, where he got 22 clean sheets. Atthe young age of 23 he has already been capped 16 times for his nation and he will be a very important player for us also next season.

Andy Marshall

He was our second goalie and he's a fairly adequate replacement, though he didn't get any games for us this season.

Defenders

Jay McEveley

My excellent young and skillful left back. This really was his breaktrough season for us. He was brought to Ipswich in the famous trade that saw Marcus Bent move to Blackburn in exchange for 2M pounds and young 17-year-old McEveley. Needless to say that was one of my best trades as the manager of Ipswich. Now, two years later as a 19-year-old he played an excellent season for us in his first Premier League season, getting 41 starts and scoring 1 beatiful goal and getting 3 assists and 5 man of the match -awards. He got an average rating of 7.41 and when looking at his excellent stats, I'm confident he will soon rise to the English National team. He has developed in to a very skillful left back who is starting to remind me a little bit of Roberto Carlos. Excellent at going forward and yet, tough tackling defender who will stop most of the players in the EPL with ease. A future world class player. Enough said.

Jolean Lescott

This was his third season for us after buying him from Wolves for a cut price fee and he just keeps improving his game. In his first season in the EPL he put so good performances that he was called to the English NT for the first time. He didn't get capped yet but that will surely happen next year, as we are looking to improve our position in the league. He scored 1 goal and gave 4 assists and was MOM 3 times and got an average rating of 7.56 in 37 starts. I know he is the one sale Wolves manager Moncrieff wishes he never had made. He is only 22 and will lead our defense for years to come.

Darren Purse

My team captain. The 28-year-old was bought last summer from the relegated Birmingham for 2.5M pounds and with his undeniable leader skills and excellent defensing abilities he was made the club captain and he led his team all the way to 6th place and at the final game in Wembley he got to lift the FA Cup in front of 85 000 people. He made a total of 44 appearances and scored 2 goals and got 3MOM awards and got an average rating of 7.36. With Lescott he has formed an excellent partnership in the defense and these 2 will give hard time even to the best attackers in the world.

Karl Corneliusson

My reliable Swedish international right back, who worked hard for the team and was part of my realiable back four. 46 apps with 1 assist and average rating of 7.02. Though it could be that the current summer sees me buying a replacememnt for him but he is a versatile team player as he can play both right or left side of the field.

Midfielders

Carlos Arturo Marinelli

A skillful winger who was brought on loan from Middlesbrough, as I was lacking width in the team and he was an important part of the team with an average rating of 7.38 in 43 apps, where he got 1 goal and 7 assists and 3 MOM awards. Though a bit selfish and lazy at times, Marinelli was a crucial part of the team as he can play on both wings and provided the wing play I was lacking.

Alexander Farnerud

My right winger, who can play in any attacking positions in the field really had his breakthrough season on the third season with us. He was capped 6 times for Sweden and scored an amazing 5 goals in them and I watched his value sky-rocket to 12M pounds with his good displays on the field. he was played at the right wing for us due to the lack of wing playes and he suffered from that position a bit but nevertheless was an important player with 10 assists in 37 apps and with an average rating of 7.23. One worry for me is, though that the 21-year-old Swedish might have to be sold this season, as his value is sky-high and his contract only has a year before it runs oit. And so far my attempts to re-sign him have been unsuccesful. So, if he doesn't sign a new contract this summer, I will be forced to sell him but the 10-15M I expect to collect from his sale will surely be enough to find a great replacement for him.

Aliou Cissé

Bought at the same time as Purse from Birmingham for 1.8M, the Senegalese NT captain was my main anchorman, vice captain and a back up for Lescott and Purse in central defense. The 29-year-old is a tought tacking midfield anchorman who kept my midfield in shape and with his very good passing ability, opened my attacks. an Important player with 30 apps, 2 goals and 2 assists and a 7.36 average rating.

Alex

Well, I could praise my 27-year-old number 10 for hours and still it wouldn't be enough. Bought in January he gave us the creative spark we so desperately needed. Equipped with sublime passing and dribbling skills, it takes more than 1 player to stop this Brazilian football God. 39 caps and 16 goals in the Brazilian NT says all about the class of this player. After his January transfer, he got 25 apps and 9 goals plus 10 assists with 4 MOM awards and a stunning 7.96 average rating. Among his 9 goals was the stunning 35 yard free kick goal against Southampton in the FA Cup final. A Slight concern for me is that he isn't adapting well to life in England but he is professional and will do his job on the field. I'm bringing in some fellow Brazilians during the summer, who will hopefully help Alex adapt to England.

Ardian Gashi

The 23-year-old Norwegian central midfielder won 6 caps for his NT during this season and he is certainly dveloping as a strong defensive midfielder, who deputized for Cissé, when this was injured. 16 starts and 11 subs appearances, where he scored 2 goals and got an av. rating of 6.85. I might loan him out for next season in order to give him more playing time.

Curtis Woodhouse

Woodhouse was the thrid man I bought last summer from Birmingham and together with Gashi he was a back up for Cissé. A true fighter with excellent defending abilities and a real hardworking team player. His lack of technical abilities, though, will keep him out of the first team but his value is his attitude and defending. 10 starts and 10 subs appearances with 2 assists with a 6.80 av. rating. Will continue to add cover to Cissé next season.

Nourdin Boukhari

A forward (left/centre), who was loaned from Ajax to add depth to the team in attack and in the left wing. Equipped with very good attacking abilities, he was a small disappointment, as he only got 4 goals and 3 assists in 19 starts and 18 subs appearances and with a 6.86 av. rating. Going back to Ajax after his loan is over. Though I think he has a bright future ahead of him. Would be better as a forward but I had to use him more on the left wing, which affected his playing.

Attack

Milan Baros

I was surprised to see last summer that Liverpool had made Baros available for loan, as he was an absolute class player. I moved quickly to loan him and he didn't let me down! He was my top scorer and top assist man with 28 goals and 12 assists in 45 appearances. Why he only got 2 MOM awards, I will never know. In the FA Cup he played 7 matches and scored 7 goals and gave 2 assists and played with a stunning 8.42 av. rating. In the EPL he played in all my 38 games and scored an excellent 21 goals and made 10 assists with a 7.60 av. rating. His combined av. rating for the season was 7.73. His contract was expiring but after giving it my best shot, I couldn't lure him to Ipswich permanently and he finally agreed a contract extension with bloody Liverpool. Would have been excellent to have him for more years but his contribute was huge and he will be highly respected amongst the Ipswich fans.

Wesley Sonck

Bought at the same day as Alex in January when the transfer deadline was lifted, immediately became the fans favourite as he started banging in the goals and also assisted quite a few. He made a total of 25 appearances and scored an incredible 18 goals and made 10 assists and got stunning 12 MOM awards! And his av. rating was a decent 8.11... He will get a new partner in the attack for next season but if he remains healthy I expect him to archieve the 30-goal mark.

Portillo

The young Spanish striker was loaned from Real Madrid last summer and I expected him to be a hit in the EPL but I don't know what happened but he wasn't. In 12 starts and 24 subs appearances he only made 2 goals and gave 1 assist and played with a 6.97 av. rating. Going back to Real Madrid and won't be sorely missed.

So, those were my first team players and of course I had more players in my team but the rest were fringe players, so there isn't much to say about them.

Here goes with the Everton Squad. I am not going to list them all but here is just a snapshot of who and what they did.

Paul Gerrard

My first team goalkeeper, had a very bad 1st half to the season but started to improve as the defence in front of him began to see new faces. He will not be starting the new season until september because of a broken leg sustained against Wolves.

Alan Stubbs

Even for a tim he has played not too badly this season although towards the end he has been on the bench, he had a terrible time with injuries this season and with his final season coming up he should go out with a bang.

Thomas Repka

My new DC, I bought him in around the time of Evertons revival and is one of the players responsible for that run, He came in from West Ham and has bolstered the defence beyond my expectations, I am looking forward to seeing him over a full season.

Pierre Issa

Another DC bought in, He has become a fans favorite, he isnt scared to put in that 50-50 challenge that was sorely lacking in the first half of the season, I expect big things from him this coming season.

Stephen Hughes

He was another bought in to operate on the left side of the midfield, although he can also play in the middle, He got off to a slow start but he eventualy picked up some momentum and finished the season on a high.

Gary Naismith

Well he is the club captain and has always shown the way to the rest of the team, was playing on the left of midfield but has ended up back in his usual position at left back now, signed a new deal keeping him at the club so no worries there.

Nicklus Alexanaderson

Well he didnt have a great season, this was made worse by being one of the top paid players at the club, he couldnt get to grips with the teams new structure and formation, he is being released on a free during the close season when his contract ends.

Silvrano Spann

Bought in to create that midfield spark and to create chances for the strikers, after 3 good games he was jaded and was never really available for selection due to inernational call ups, I still wait to be convinced that he is the man for the job.

Bryan Hughes

My first signing when i took over the culb, he had an amazing season, i can only hope that he does this again, his control of the midfield and his ability to provide that creative spark has been on eof the highlights of the season. I look forward to seeing him paired with Robbie Savage (my new holding player) in the coming season.

Alvaro

Well what can i say about this guy, i bought him from Ipswich and ever since his first game at the club he has been banging the goals in, he has been shooting from all angles and is displaying some great football and all this combined with him improving on the training pitch, It remains to be seen however if he will stay at the club due to him being a little unsettled in the area, I may even bring in another brazillian just to keep him happy. He has scored 22 goals in 19 games.

Colin Samuel

Another great buy, he came in during the dark days at the club and immediatly became one of my first choice strikers, bought from Falkirk for 350k i think he has been the best buy so far for me, his pace and speed of thought have formed a great partnership with alvaro up front.

Duncan Ferguson

Hopeless piece of ****. cant last any more that 20 mins of a game, cant jump, cant run, and all this while getting a salary of 30k a week, thank god he goes in august, i cannot wait.

Dwight Yorke

Had a bad first half of the season but with Colin samuel playing alongside him he improved, has been on the bench since Alvaro arrived but useful as a back up.

Other players due a mention but have left the club...

Scott Gemmil

I was so happy to see that stupid arse leave the club, in the 4 games he played for me he created chances for the opposition over and over again, i was apporoached by Sheffield Wednesday to sell him for 50k, i have framed the cheque.

Tomas Linderost

Another stupid player, didnt really have a game before i came along but i soon found out why, after 10 games with either him of Gemmill playing in the holding role we had lost all 10, Thank you Birmingham for the 1.8 million and the 50% sell on clause, I feel really good now that he has left and have bought Robbie Savage with the money. I hope he does well with birmingham and that he gets at least 1 game out of them, i know i am glad to be rid of this useless, stupid, hopeless and ugly player. He would make lister look good in a police lineup. As you can probably tell he was one of he players that let Everton down badly by puling on a strip.

The Lions squad:

GK:

Luke Steele

Many many crucial saves during the season, hes gonna be a NT player, pure steel between the posts already, still young and is gonna improve a lot. indespensible member of the squad.

Kawaguchi

Brought him in with a free transfer as backup and is good enough to be in the starting eleven, cant complain about my gk situation.

Defence:

David Livermore

i play him as a full-back on the left side even if hes a def mid, played a solid game throughout the season.

Joe Dolan

A fans favorite and solid as a rock in the defense, his tackling ability is marvellous, indespensible member of the squad.

Michael Dawson

A huge prospect of the future, really good at passing the ball and will propably become a NT player, can play on the right side in defense if i need to. indespensible memebr of the squad.

Matt Lawrence

plays on the right side in my back four and he also had a good season, played a solid game and had a few assists.

Midfield:

Mark Kerr

My first choise as captain as he always gives 110% on the pitch and is a example to follow. hes mental abilites are really his strong point. he also has a remarkably good technique(20) and he sprays the ball very accuratly around the pitch. and as if that wouldn't be enough he has a relly wicked shot, wich he doesnt use enough though. But clearly the player i miss the most if injured. need i say this, indespensible member of the squad.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

plays as my left winger and had most assists in my squad. really goot at taking set pieces, especially corners and long throws. really good in the air also.

Steven Reid

played as my right winger and had a lot of assists also, leaving the club at the end of the season for €5M. never has had a good avr.rat but somehow always gets the assists. but its time for him to move one as i dont think hes good enough for the EPL to have an real impact, could be wrong but the €5M will be needed.

Tommy Wirtanen

played as a backup for reid and got some assists, gonna need someone better if im gonna stay up in the epl.

Steve Hunt

played as backup for pedersen and the same goes for him as for wirtanen.

Andy Roberts

backup player for kerr, plays a solid game but doesnt have the passing capability of kerr.

Dragan Navsecki

playes as my creative passer behind the strikers. a bit dissaponted with his season, not sure if hes gonna make it in the EPL, a fans favourite though.

Strikers:

Ivan Bosnjak

good with the ball, a clinical finisher, can play behind the strikers but is most effective a striker. had a especially good first half of the season. also gets assists. leaving for ipswich but im hopin that they wont take him or if they did maybe i could loan him. we'll see how this story developes.

richard sadlier

massive in the air and mostly scores with his head, always dangerous in corners. important player of the squad.

Sebastien Abreau

had a good first half of the season, but then had a mediocre second half. can be that i will offload him during the summer. but had a succesful season all in all.

Cherno Samba

wont sell, never, if its up to me. wants to move to a bigger club but i will fight it to the end. still needs to improve his abilities but has already shown on several occasion what hes capable of. will be a huge player in the future. indespensible.

well those are the most important players i have(or who i remember). my tactic is a 4-4-2 diamond formation wich has worked in my every cm game since i have created it. hope it will be enough to keep us in the epl next seasion.

The Lions Manager

Before talking about last nights long session let me update my team for last season.

Goalkeepers

R Larrieu Avg Rating 7.40 but the stats fail to show that he only kept 2 clean sheets in over 20

games, not good enough but I had no choice near the end of last season as my other GK was

on loan (from OJ) and had to return. Did have difficulty in settling in this country but I got a

message near the end of season saying he was happier now and his performances seemed

to pick up. Not sure but will monitor this season.

J Pullen Avg Rating ?.?? the loan GK from OJ and I never got the chance to check his stats but lets just say he was the man during his time with me. Loads of clean sheets and was the man that inspired my team to 16 wins in a row and promotion. I need to discuss with OJ if he is going to be available for loan again.

Defenders

L Collins Avg Rating 7.56 and the rock at the heart of my defence. Not technically gifted but you would not want to risk a 50/50 tackle with this guy, coz you would lose !!! Suffers from the positioning bug as he has went from 20 down to 15 in just one season......

S Angus Avg Rating 7.08 and the boards choice of star player. Gifted player but a wee bit inconsistant for me and I might look at replacing him if he doesn't step up a bit this season.

G Green Avg Rating 7.00 and only 17 so I am not to unhappy with his ratings. Plays as a sweeper for me and although very young to play that position I do not have anyone better for that role and as everyone says 'if your good enough your old enough'

Midfielders

R Butcher Avg Rating 8.00 and my highest rated player. A bit injury prone last season and the team does miss his consistency when he does not play but I have to admit he has been one of my best buys so far. Never does anything spectacular but then again never has a bad game and that is important to my whole team philosophy.

S Nicholas Avg Rating 7.87 and a flair player that can turn a game. Scores fantastic goals when I need them the most and again is not prone to bad games which I love in my players. I don't think I will be able to keep him this season as the other human managers are a bunch of gits and love to steal each others stars.....but it's gonna cost them big !!!

T Bowden Avg Rating 7.51 and to be fair he has played out of position most of last season so may be better than I think once I start playing him in the correct position.....

D Bleau Avg Rating 7.51 and a very gifted youngster that has already been the target of Everton, but they could not come up with the cash to tempt him so I may yet get to keep him for the season. Is very much in the mould of Roy Keane & Edgar Davids....hard as nails but talented as well.

L Guttridge Avg Rating 6.96 and in my opinion one I need to replace as he just falls short. I have managed to secure his replacement from OJ in the shape of G O'Conner who was on loan last season from OJ so not to concerned about my midfield just now.

Attackers

D Chillingworth Avg Rating 7.60 and the main source of my goals. I hope he is able to step up to the 1st Div as he has been one of my better players and although a wee bit erratic he normally gets the job done ie he scores when given the chance.

D Kitson Avg Rating 7.53 and more of a supplier than a goal scorer but does chip in with his fair share. Again one of the boards star players and I hope he too can make the step up as I might need all the firepower I can get.

S Tudor Avg Rating 7.50 and injured most of last season and only started playing in the last couple of games. Scores with ease when given the chance and does look true class. I just hope he stays free of injuries this season as I am a bit light on strikers.

Fringe Players

W Goodhind Avg Rating 7.08 and not too bad to have on the bench as he is a steady player who can fill in when required. Not sure he can make the step up tho....

D Holden Avg Rating 7.23 and is able to play a number of positions so important guy to have on the bench as cover. I think he might make the team if any one goes out through injury or loss of form.

Thats it as far as last season and I am looking forward to the new season with some optimisim.

a little update:

well the pre-season is well underway and some additions has arrived, the main player being Freddy Adu, aged 16 now and his worth being 8M euros icon_biggrin.gif. The second arrival is Philip Mulryne for 2.8M euros who will take Steven Reids place on the right side on the midfield.

Another player was Raphael Marquez on a free transfer who will propably be a great asset in the defence.

Still some money left for further additions but as for now no great panic to do so. if so propably a striker, left winger or a left full-back.

As for the pre-season matches they have been slightly to the bad side but nothing major as my training schedules has been really tough on the players, need them to be ready physically for the long and hardest season so far.

Roll on thursday!

The Lions Manager

Pre-season has gone very well for Wolves. So far four good signings have came in to the team, a young 18yr old striker Vijay Singh, experienced goalkeeper Javier Sanchez Broto who has played very well in pre season, defender Emmanual Zulu and the BIG NAMED SIGNING was striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, with Chris Eagles coming along in November. As well as those I have made three, season long loan signings in midfielder Michael Tounge, forward Mads Timm and AM Mehdi Ouchene.

With regards to pre-season games, we have done very well, rather than my usual smaller teams I decided to try and play some of Europes elite, starting off with a slim 1-0 home win against German giants Kaiserslautern. A trip over to Germany afterwards was less successful with a 4-1 defeat against VfB Stuttgart.

Next up at home was Real Sociedad and another 1-0 win was recorded. To finish the games off, I won 2-0 at home against the MIGHTY Hearts.

Looking forward to this season and hopefully promotion will be in my grasp.

Ok guys listen up.....We are are enjoying the game and we have now built up a good number of players that are well matched (apart from Stu who is ****e) so let's get some feedback on how to keep the game running at a reasonable speed for everyone....The last couple of sessions have been very slow with some players logging on only to sit and stare at a screen while others are doing all sorts of stuff to prepare their team for the coming season, nothing wrong with that unless you are the guy bored ****less waiting on someone else to click continue.

So I suggest we voice our suggestions here to help improve the speed for everyone playing. This is NOT a rules that must be obeyed section but a place to say what you think might help. Let me start myself then by saying that one of the biggest probs is even if you have the auto-continue on it does not work if you click on your news or any other screen to check something out, which means you might then switch out off the game to chat in the Messenger conversation thinking you will continue but you are in fact holding up the game !!! I know it happens to me all the time so how can we get round it ?? One suggestion was for people that needed to do something in game that might take time say in the MSN window that they needed five mins then anyone that had not said it would be forced on by Moncs if it was holding up play. Let us know what you guys think and keep it sensible....

difficult matter because the more players the more changing factors wich stops the game from continueing, news contracts etc, a thing i noticed when i started a solo game on my own, the speed was fantastic as there werent other players with their news. so what can we do?

a t&t (training&tactic, player searches etc) session is one option. a half and hour should be enough (or less if everyone is ready) and we would have this everytime upon loadup.

think the other clans has something like this.

whaddya think? thumbs up or thumbs down?

Dont faint everyone but razor is here:

Right where do we start:

Pre-season,training,transfer's etc..is a difficult subject. From my point of view i do enjoy playing games because that's why we login and play, i know some people do enjoy messing about with transfers for which i agree you have to do (but don't spend all night doing it). I play on a Saturday Night and when it comes to pre-season we all go on holiday to a certain date then we do 30-60 mins T&T then go on holiday again until say 2-3 weeks before the season starts and if a transfer is refused we ask for a couple of mins to sort it out.

Summery

1)I agree with Rab we don't won't people logging in and doing nothing but holding the game up they should be forced on by Moncs.

2) We should speed up T&T some how

3) When it comes to Pre-season there should be not so much banter in the chat room as this makes for slow play (you will be forced on).

4) If you need to sort out a contract then ask for extra time to do this or you will be forced on.

5) At the end of the day all we want is to play CM4,have a bit of fun doing this and hopefully build a succesfull team.

Let me know what you all think of this.

Got to go my fingers hurt icon_smile.gif

i dont really have a problem with pre-season as i regard it as one aspect that should not be taken lightly in order of having some success in cm AND i enjoy it as well. because i think one thing of playing cm is to improve your squad, and it is during the preseason you can capitalize on your money you get for the new season. your squad is a puzzle, with bits you DO want to improve?

so i dont like the idea of being in holiday for almost the whole preseason.

Yes that's exactly how I feel. Despite some waiting, I think the pre season is a pretty exciting time, as you are trying to sign players that improve your squad and going to holiday for even some part of that period isn't good at all, in my opinion.

I enjoy pre-season as well, I do admit it does take a bit longer than it should and we MUST hurry things up, however Im happy to spend one full session doing pre-season.

With regards to tuesday Razor, sadly I cant play on tuesday night.

I agree that the pace at the preseason is awful, but i dont really have a solution for it, but for anyone who missed it 1 day in cm4 time took over 1 hour to play, each time the players all pressed continue the game advanced 1 hour.

This is way too slow but i can only guess that there are player contracts and purchases happening.

p.s. Lister doesnt post because he is too thick to find the forum

Short session on Monday was down to me needing to go home earlier than normal guys so stop blaming Moncs !!! We are testing the new setup for Thursday's session tonight after the Euro games so anyone reading this be on messenger about 10pm and we will see if we can get it running from my house. If it doesn't work then we will be taking a month's break while Moncs is in London so cross your fingers....

Back to the football and it is shaping up nicely in Div 1 with Fudge's (Bambi on here) Everton leading the way in 1st place after 10 games, closely followed by Craig's Wimbeldon in 2nd place. I think those two teams should get the auto spots so my 4th placed Cambridge would do well to keep in the play off spot come the end of the season. Monc's Wolves continue to underachieve and we all reckon Moncs III is soon to be with us. Stu's Norwich are struggling a bit too after looking good in pre season. Meanwhile in the EPL both Sami & OJ are finding it difficult going and I hope they manage to stay up there (honest I do !!)

See you tonight if you are on line.....

Well last nights tests went well and we are on for a fast game tonight....seriously tho I need some feedback as to wether it is quicker on my rig than it is on Moncs.....if it is I might end up taking to Moncs for future sessions.

I won't be playing on the server so I can't force continue players so let's make sure we keep the game going....

LOL....only 1 mile closer, are you sure??

The server will be up and running today as soon as I get home (about 6pm) and the session will start at 7pm as normal. I am looking forward to tonights game so remember to keep it quick where possible.

PS OJ your still banned icon_smile.gif

epl reality has hit the fan and im covered in it. ok the expectacions were to stay up there and we are bravely battling against relegation or not so bravely as my squad morale level is appaling.

well i have changed my passing style of the team to simplify the game as it is obvious that they cant (have the ability) to rule the field as in the nationwide. im still confident we can stay up. the fight goes on tonight. will post the fixtures played so far tomorrow.

The Lions Manager

the season has been difficult as expected and here are matches played so far:

H Tottenham 4-3

A WBA 1-1

A Fulham 2-2

H Man Utd 0-0

A Leeds 1-3

H Portsmouth 0-1

A Blackburn 0-3

H Southampton 1-1

A Cambridge League Cup 1-2

A Middlesboro 0-3

H Leicester 1-0

H Charlton 1-1

A Chelsea 0-2

H Man City 0-0

A Ipswich 0-3

H Newcastle 2-0

A Tottenham 1-4 (assistant manager played with a really bad first eleven, my own fault as i just left the game without going on holiday and instructing the assistant)

the table at the bottom:

pld/points

12th man city 18/21

13th leeds 18/19

14th Aston Villa 18/19

15th Leicester 18/19

16th Millwall 17/18

17th Fulham 17/17

18th Portsmouth 17/17

19th Tottenham 18/14

20th Coventry 18/12

next up Liverpool home, let see what we can get out of it on thursday.

The Lions Manger

Last night saw the sacking of Moncs as he was unable to log on and play, also a difficult night for my Cambridge as they slipped to a more realistic 10th due mainly to injuries (my story and I am sticking to it).

Razor is finding it tough going in Div 2 and asked for some hints & tips which OJ and I started with him last night. I have been into Razor's team and re jigged it slightly (hope you don't mind m8) and I think other than a few injuries your team ain't as bad as you think Razor. They key is scouting the opposition to know if you might need to change anything in your team and I think we got you on track with that last night. I would say that ALL managers could benefit from keeping an eye on the reserves as well as you have some good players in there that you should think about giving a run in the 1st team to, as you need to let them get 1st team exposure in order to gain and develop as players. The only thing I noticed razor was you seem to play a few players out of their preferred position which may be due to injuries but I personally avoid whenever I can.

Enough waffle from me and if you feel that you can provide any hints or tips for Razor then please do but do try and be serious !!!! You have been warned......

Sacked?? me dont think so, since I was not playing at the time this sacking does not count. My last session I went 8 games unbeaten and Fudge told me what team my assistant manager picked for last night session no wonder they lost....

When I get back so will the real Wolves

Rab, thanks for your help last night (and you OJ) and with the post on the thread, you can tinker with my team as much as you like so long as it starts winning away from home cos that's been me main problem.

There's a couple of players i would not put in positions you have, but we shall see what happens.

Did you go into the training or team tactics? does not matter if you did, it's just for me own peace of mind.

Once again thanks for your work.

And if anyone else has any little tips then please post.

From

Razor the 4th or 5th or 6th even icon_smile.gif

OJ and Sami are the guys to get advice from about training as they kept crashing the game pre EP5 while setting up the training schedules icon_smile.gif.

And as for Moncs total cop out.......Moncs II comes back and waits for a job then or does Moncs III come in ?? You know it was only a matter of time m8 coz you are after all crap !!!

Archived