FM11: Portsmouth FC Thread: No Money, No Players.. But We're Still Fighting!

Ty

First game of the 4th season (3rd in Prem), unbelievable.

manutdpompey1314.jpg

Amazing result. Finished 12th last season (was 11th first season up), mainly took advantage of all the ridiculously good players available on frees as my summer signings (Sissoko, Granero, Cole, Muntari, Richards, Henrique, Mensah), as well as Adam Johnson and a US regen keeper. Raised £8.75m in sales which included Ashdown, Utaka, Ben-Haim, Lawrence and Mokoena. Decided to revert to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 due to only having 3 strikers in the squad and an abundance of awesome midfielders, clearly worked a treat this game! :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah FM making sense as always, we then dominate but draw 1-1 at home to 10-men, newly-promoted West Brom. Who score with 10 men, long ball over the top, Gary Cahill easily getting to it first, then for some reason he slows and RUNS AWAY FROM THE BALL. Ishmael Miller can't believe his luck, and can easily slot home. Either a ridiculous ME fault or just Cahill being a douche.

still top just injuries taking a severe toll and the loanees i have for the second half of the season arent as strong as the first half of the season loanees (lansbury is pure class)

on the utaka contract ty i took a risk and once again asked him to reduce his current conmtract, this time he agreed he would do that stupid question how do i activate this? his madcap agent wont even entertain a new contract and arsenal as well as the financial director are sniffing.....

also magri been snapped up by chelsea board intervened :(

Ah FM making sense as always, we then dominate but draw 1-1 at home to 10-men, newly-promoted West Brom. Who score with 10 men, long ball over the top, Gary Cahill easily getting to it first, then for some reason he slows and RUNS AWAY FROM THE BALL. Ishmael Miller can't believe his luck, and can easily slot home. Either a ridiculous ME fault or just Cahill being a douche.

Normally poor representation of what is happening in the ME, shown in the 3D view poorly.

Like for instance, sometimes you see the ball cross the line in the keepers hands, but this is still a save. It is just that the 3D representation of the ME isn't always correct.

Well i got relegated with 30 points. Played one game this season and lost 1-0 to Cardiff

Ah, first to get relgated again I think :D

still top just injuries taking a severe toll and the loanees i have for the second half of the season arent as strong as the first half of the season loanees (lansbury is pure class)

on the utaka contract ty i took a risk and once again asked him to reduce his current conmtract, this time he agreed he would do that stupid question how do i activate this? his madcap agent wont even entertain a new contract and arsenal as well as the financial director are sniffing.....

also magri been snapped up by chelsea board intervened :(

I have just signed Magri for £1.75m on my Spurs save. Hopefully I can do better with him there.

--

I am not sure if he wont even let you offer a contract, mine just worked first time. Perhaps lucky?

yes ty

problem is it is affecting the leagu campaign still in fa cup as well

also for some reason didnt register lawrence for the second half of the league season , now means i have no recognised right winger (other than williams) and alonso on loan from bolton as aleft midfielder option

a change of formation is looking a must

an eventful game as you can see

have to say wozechinzey (spl!) was superv they had 30 shots to my 9 after the first half i changed to 3 sitting deep and one attacking that didnt work, with 4 minutes of extra time to go and me not having the ball for 60 minutes i switched back to 4-4-2 and lawrence then missed his second penalty in both legs!

amazing

arsenal just bid 625k for utaka have a bad feeling the board will accept , just managed to offload ben hiam on loan for 70% wages whcih might save him

ipswich in fa cup quarters two days after wba game jesus! no rest in this league is there? reluctantly im having to play the kids

I am a Portsmouth supporter.

Love Spurs IRL, just love their football. More entertaining than watching Chelsea 80% of the time.

I love Arsenal on FM, due to the kids and everything.. just normally a fun save to do! Have done Arsenal saves ever since FM06.

no comments on my Season 1 finish of 8th and postingof squad and their stats at the end of season1?

At the start of season 2 I notice my salary budgt has been reducted to £245k instead of £300k/ week. Additionally I've had a supporters take-over and no money injected. In fact they just cancelled my Havant & West affiliation

Its going to be a tough season 2 I think

Ok, so im now 5 games into my new season, and still enjoying it! :o

Quick update to what I have done up to now:

Transfers in, before Embargo lifted.

I brought in a RB, much to Ty's disapproval! :p He seems a free for a championship team, and only taking up £1,700 in wages. Kurt Elshot

Staff in:

Simon Hunt (Scout), Wages - £525.

Bobby Roberts (Scout), Wages - £525.

Barry Whitbread (Scout), Wages - £525.

Looking to bring in a coach or two, any recommendations?

Friendlies

Havant & Waterlooville away ~ 2-0, win. Lawrence and Kitson.

Hereford away ~ 5-0, win. Kanu(2), Nugent(2) and Mullins.

Swindon away ~ 0-2, loss.

Home Farm away ~ 4-0, win. Sonko, Kanu, Ritchie and Vine.

Chelsea Reserves away ~ 3-1, win. Sonko, Nugent and Rocha.

Championship

champtable.png

Wins against Leeds, Preston, QPR and Derby. Draw against Barnsley.

League Cup

First Round - Gillingham ~ 1-0 win. Sonko scored whilst Rocha got sent off.

Second Round - Barnsley ~ 3-1 win. Nugent with 2, Sidibe(GK) own goal.

The third round has just been drawn and I've got a tricky encounter with Cardiff at Home. :)

Will put up another update at the end of December.

I haven't read everything, but what's all this about signing players before the embargo ends? Does FM not stop you from signing frees or something?

as the embargo was in force until the 30th sept it was felt you should not sign anyone until then...

However my view on this is that pompey were always allowed to sign players to ensure they had the minimum 20 players and that they could be competitive in the league and also without exceeding any informal cap on salaries...the administrator (who is a t!t!) talked about having a cap in place of an average salary of 10k per week. If these conditions were met then the league would authorise the signing whether it was a loan or a free transfer...hence halford came in on loan as did flahavan on a monthly contract...

I haven't read everything, but what's all this about signing players before the embargo ends? Does FM not stop you from signing frees or something?

Nope, stupid FM allows you to sign free transfers during the embargo.

Dad is a supporter.

I don't know why, I just do.

Pff.. My dads a Man Utd supporter, mum is a millwall supporter, uncle, brother and cousin are spurs fans, another cousin is Birmingham, another is Liverpool! And I detest all them teams lmao. :D

Edit: Is it posible to give your team a rest from training for a week?

Pff.. My dads a Man Utd supporter, mum is a millwall supporter, uncle, brother and cousin are spurs fans, another cousin is Birmingham, another is Liverpool! And I detest all them teams lmao. :D

Everyone in my family supports Portsmouth except the father :D

--

Not sure, I know you can do it individually.

In your squad page, select the first player, hold down shift and select the last player. All the players will now be selected. Right click -> training -> rest -> for one week

In your squad page, select the first player, hold down shift and select the last player. All the players will now be selected. Right click -> training -> rest -> for one week

Great bit of information! :thup:

So much so, I will be adding to the FAQ.

Everyone in my family supports Portsmouth except the father :D

The only one who supports Arsenal is the Grandad, and only because he used to be able to see there training ground from his flat. (That's what he said anyway lol..)

Thank you. :)

Great bit of information! :thup:

So much so, I will be adding to the FAQ.

Good idea there. :thup:

right getting te wobbles last my last 3 heavily ashdown playing like a dope, had an on-off takeover from sheepshanks for 2 months so no replacements able to be brought in

coupled with utaka getting the hump, rocha,mokena and sonko all getting injured and having no creativity from central midfield we look in trouble. Good news still joint top and have on a paper the easiest run in

heres hoping first time all season ive not been top

right getting te wobbles last my last 3 heavily ashdown playing like a dope, had an on-off takeover from sheepshanks for 2 months so no replacements able to be brought in

coupled with utaka getting the hump, rocha,mokena and sonko all getting injured and having no creativity from central midfield we look in trouble. Good news still joint top and have on a paper the easiest run in

heres hoping first time all season ive not been top

Good luck mate. :thup:

6 games to go top again after getting dominated at home to barnsley (23rd!) utaka nicks in a 96th minute winner

luckily forest and burnley have taken the last few games off as well

I seem to get dominated a hell of alot by weaker teams, but as you did there win it in the last few minutes after coming from 1-0 or 2-0 down. :p

Archived