FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

Hi everyone :)

Finally got the time to start a new save on 11.3 :)

Has anyone else noticed that it's so easy compared to the previous patches? At least it has been for me so far. I have 34 goals in 10 games so far in the League, 9 wins and 1 draw.

3 wins out of 3 in the CL, and only game I've lost is the CS against Chelsea :(

My signings were Elia from Hamburg and Coentrao from Benfica. Also 2 youngsters (Mendy and Figuerido)

Lost Valencia in a friendly for 4 months, but he should be fit soon. Rooney and Berbatov have been sensational. 12 goals and 11 goals respectively.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes lancer1, I do. I haven't signed anyone who is playing in the first team, and have only lost once (in November now). I think the reason is the terrible transfers the AI have made. Arsenal signed Gronkjaer for some reason, Liverpool have N'zogbia starting in an odd formation. Beaten the other big teams in the league already, each of them dispatched with ease. Really odd, considering I usually struggle against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yes it is easier imo. I just beat spurs 4-0 with 10 men for most the game.... oh and Morrison came of the bench and scored!!! Think I need to do Morrison watch here soon. lol

edit:

Oh, btw. I think it easier as I am well past 250 games unbeaten !

That's still a good achievement, regardless of how easy/not easy it is. Any game can get away from you, even if you dominate, so well done :thup:

And I'll be keeping an eye on my Morrison from now on too :p Although CM>AM is the position where I have a few up and comers.

hi everyone,

I am currently half way through my first season as United manager(season 2010/11) and have built up a healthy lead over second placed Arsenal- 14 points with 15 games left to play. My transfer budget is £48 million after the board gave me a £33 million increase in early November, my question is regarding the second seasons transfer budget and when is best to attempt to buy my transfer targets. If I don't spend much of the £48 million I have, will I be given an increased budget at the start of the second season. At the moment my transfer targets for the summer are Nuri Sahin to replace Paul Scholes, Erik Lamela and one of David De Gea or Mattia Perrin from Genoa. So far my only buys have been Connor Wickham for £5 million and two youth players combined fee £1.5 million, current balance is £186 million.

Am I best to go and sign my targets now with the £48 million or wait to the summer/start of the next season and hope I am given the budget to sign those players.

Whatever happens, you won't lose the money, but you might not get that money in the transfer budget. No reason not to have your transfers done in advance, just to be sure. If you're getting them anyway, you might as well do it to prevent not getting that money just incase.

Nice season so far btw :)

you will get more money in the summer BUT you probably would get near the same budget even if you purchased players now.

So you could spend £48m and get £70m budget for summer (random numbers these), or spend £6m and get £70m for summer.

Basically, feel free to set up the deals now, just dont go mad on the purchases unless you keep it covered. Many people send the club into debt/struggle mid season through spreading too many transfers over long period of monthly payments

Imageshach working now so here we go. Attributes dont look goood at the moment, he only 1.5star of potential 3star or so (2.5star i think it is). But stats show the attributes not showing everything, and it not just easy games.

ravelmorrisonprofileatt.png

Goals against: Man City, Wolves, Stoke, Newcastle, Spurs

Assists against: Man City, Forest, Newcastle, Wigan*2, Bolton

Just started a fresh new game on 11.3 with a data update I downloaded, but I cant see many changes to United, except the I thought unconfirmed signing of De Gea, unsurprisingly since it was made by a Pool fan -.-

Going to try and play it really realistically so no unrealistic transfers in or out. Anyone ideas for a realistic replacement for Scholesy, I don't want to sign Pastore or anyone like that :)

Trying to think of other options. Eden Hazard would work, fits the utd bill. He is young with great potential.

Good Abilities: dribble, pass, first touch, technique and flair. Decent pace and strength and available at a decent price. If you playing him at MC then he is plenty young enough to be retrained as a Natural MC.

First season I use scholes, so he could tutor Hazard and form him into a great player for the middle of the pitch.

Hazard one them regular buys though, which is why I havent done it in this current game of mine :D

edit:

Jack Rodwell? should get him for <£20m I would think and he constantly linked with us. With training he can have great passing ability

The update I'm using has Scholes and VDS retired :) Considering Hazard actually, that's a good call, and I might see what Everton want for Rodwell, I doubt he'll be cheap as you tend to have to pay a premium for the Englishmen.

Tottenham just came back with this:

b6bdf95bf50001b2450a4b132b50bc70220ece7111.png

Finding it amusing all these people spending millions of pounds and spreading over 46 months. Rememberthe club has to pay well over 100m in loan repayments. Either people are using an editor to edit their money or they are managing to sell exactly what there buying

Finding it amusing all these people spending millions of pounds and spreading over 46 months. Rememberthe club has to pay well over 100m in loan repayments. Either people are using an editor to edit their money or they are managing to sell exactly what there buying

Yep, it's a surefire way to screw the finances. I don't think I've ever used the monthly installments, I've found it much easier to only spend as much as you've sold.

Rodwell wasn't interested and Modric was too pricey so got Hazard in for £20m and he's just whacked in his first two goals :)

Yep, it's a surefire way to screw the finances. I don't think I've ever used the monthly installments, I've found it much easier to only spend as much as you've sold.

Rodwell wasn't interested and Modric was too pricey so got Hazard in for £20m and he's just whacked in his first two goals :)

I usually spend around what my budget allows as a maximum but I always try to spread it over 48 months for a couple of reasons such as flexibility, holding onto money for as log as possible, denying other teams money, etc..

I'm not usually a big spender anyway, usually concentrate on youth but at the end of my first season I did spend heavily on de Gea, Rodwell and Shawcross on the cheap after bringing in Bale during the winter.

I usually spend around what my budget allows as a maximum but I always try to spread it over 48 months for a couple of reasons such as flexibility, holding onto money for as log as possible, denying other teams money, etc..

I'm not usually a big spender anyway, usually concentrate on youth but at the end of my first season I did spend heavily on de Gea, Rodwell and Shawcross on the cheap after bringing in Bale during the winter.

But putting that extra strain on the monthly expenditure isn't worth it. If you've got the money, it's better to be rid of it straight away and not have it hanging over your head for two years after. If you do that for every signing, you'll never end up without any repayments.

I always pay upfront. Nothing but. Most time i pay a little extra to dump the profit % as well. never takes much though.

And the manchester born 19yr old has now been put forward for world player of the year. Go Ballard :D

Just lost to Forest in the Carling Cup because of two horrible goalkeeping errors from De Gea, gutted.

Been giving Obertan and Diouf a run in the team as the update I'm using has updated the expired loans of Mame Biram and Kiko. I'm hoping to build a team out of the likes of James, Drinkwater and Morrison but I doubt they'll grow into anything remarkable.

But putting that extra strain on the monthly expenditure isn't worth it. If you've got the money, it's better to be rid of it straight away and not have it hanging over your head for two years after. If you do that for every signing, you'll never end up without any repayments.

It's always better to get rid of money in a slow trickle rather than in a lump sum as long as your not paying much of a premium. The longer you have the cash in the bank for the more interest you receive.

The difference is instead of losing £30m every summer you lose £2.5m every month on top of your other costs. So whereas your balance graph will dip sharply after you get your TV Prize and Sponsorship money mine will slowly go downhill.

Messi's contract is up in 6 months, he is only 28! I just approached to sign him but he won't discuss a contract with me yet, lets hope he will soon!

2016 right?

He happy to discuss terms with me in 2014, but he want 1.6m a month. Max can offer is 1.1m, lol. Hoping his demands will drop, it no wonder he turning down all barcelona offers.

Kaka is my current free transfer target, currently he be looking for about £600k a month, may try bide time before I offer him a contract come January. Was trying to figure out if it was worth the £7m to get him 6months early.

Not sure if I will do any other transfer dealing. Need to check the free transfers because I dont feel the need to purchase anyone

Messi's contract is up in 6 months, he is only 28! I just approached to sign him but he won't discuss a contract with me yet, lets hope he will soon!

Just jeep unsettling him. You will have to pay LOADS of money in wages, sign on fee etc though.

2016 right?

He happy to discuss terms with me in 2014, but he want 1.6m a month. Max can offer is 1.1m, lol. Hoping his demands will drop, it no wonder he turning down all barcelona offers.

Kaka is my current free transfer target, currently he be looking for about £600k a month, may try bide time before I offer him a contract come January. Was trying to figure out if it was worth the £7m to get him 6months early.

Not sure if I will do any other transfer dealing. Need to check the free transfers because I dont feel the need to purchase anyone

Yeah, I'm currently in January 2016, so would sign 1st July 2016, I keep praising him etc. so hopefully he will start discussing terms soon.

Lets hope he aint got the agent he has on my game. He wants £84million agent fee, £14m sign on fee . lol

edit:

Ravel Morrison wants £575k a month. Pffft. So letting his contract run, was trying to offer him one of under £100k because that what his league game clause was about to put him on

Does Bebe actually turn out a decent player in this?

Obertan?

I had success with both, more so with Bebe but he is quite inconsistent. They are worth keeping for a few years as they are both good squad players, but as you get a bit further in to the game, better players are available and you may want to look at offloading them.

Was given a budget increase of about £30 million, so have put in a bid for De Gea. It's been accepted, and he's now happy to discuss terms, so if all goes well he should be mine come January :)

Just won 7-0 away at Bursaspor, with Hernandez getting back to scoring ways with a hat-trick. Smalling scored his first for the club which was nice.

Unfortunately, after bagging a brace away at Fulham, Hernandez suffered from FM form syndrome, where a previous hot-shot striker can't even score open goals in the next game. At least we didn't lose, but I'm still frustrated with a draw considering we had four times the amount of shots that they had, and they only really had one chance out of all their shots.

Turning off for the evening already, too frustrated to carry on. Beat Villa away, with a late goal after dominating and having over 20 shots, most of them from about 5 yards out. Not sure how many one on ones and open goals there were, but it was stupid how many were missed. At least I won. And the next game was the same, countless great chances, takes a massive attacking tactic to score late on, and then they still equalise with their first real chance of the game.

I don't want to change my tactic, as I'm dominating teams and having 15+ shots (good chances, not loads of long shots) every game, compared to a low amount for the opposition. My team just miss every single one, and it seems ridiculously unfair considering they had been banging them in. Not saying I should win every game, but if I'm dominating, why can't my prolific strikers score easy chances!

EDIT: Well, struggled through to the end of November, and beat Blackburn 3-0, Hernandez still not scoring. It was a good performance all round from the team though. While it hasn't been an enjoyable month, I have only lost 4 points from the 15 on offer, so it's not the end of the world. Sunderland and Tottenham (the teams I drew with) are both in the top four, so were tricky fixtures. Going to stop now, glad I got to the end of the month though.

Have managed to finalise the De Gea deal, and he will arrive in January. Good news.

Finally!!!!

Someone beat Messi to World player of the year awards. . . wasnt Ballard (that was hopeful wishing :p )

Rooney won the awards, Messi way off in Second, Ballard in 3rd.

At 19yrs old that gives Ballard plenty of chances to get it in future, and he worth £30m already as a base value, just £1.5m behind the 29yr old Rooney.

Ronaldo still knocking back contracts from Madrid since the year extension early into the game, means he, like Messi be available next season if they dont renew during the season. Just had offers accepted as a tester (way to much to pay, lol) and they will talk terms with me. Just a matter of getting it to an affordable level which hopefully happen. Just will keep on their case in this January and the summer window and see if I can get them earlier as well.

Kaka agreed to come on a free in the summer, and wilshere is TRANSFER LISTED!!! at arsenal with 6months on his contract. They asking for £1.6m for him so will see his wage demands and possibly get him in as backup for everywhere. Dont need him really mind you so not sure on that yet.

Fecking hell, Barcelona have just offered £48m to buy a 30yr old (6months from 31yrs old) Chiellini from Juventus. Insanity. Wish they would offer that to me for one of my defenders as I got too many and it would force me to sell. lol

edit:

lmao, he rejected them and stated the offer was unacceptable and insulting!!! haha

And drew with Everton, after creating a million chances. They had one good chance, obviously scored it, while I had loads cleared off the line, hit the woodwork and even had a legit goal disallowed. This game is getting me so frustrated at the moment, it's not even funny. It's one thing not creating chances and the opposition dominating, but when every game sees me completely dominate and still draw, it's so demoralising and anti-fun, I don't know why I even bother playing :(

At least Hernandez actually scored in this one though. Berba has become increasingly poo, might try and ship him out in January and get someone who is actually deserving of a place in the team.

Aaaand looks like we're getting Phil Jones in real life :D Might try and get him in January, considering Evans and Ferdinand have been average.

Stronger feet. Hernandez is constantly put through onto his right foot, or dribbles through onto his right foot. Keepers do tend to play blinders against him, but I'd expect him to put some of them away. He's the main easy chance culprit.

Also, Fletcher is a concern for me at the moment. His average rating is going down constantly, but I feel a Centre Mid > Defend role is an important part of the team when it's so attacking. Any advcice as to what role suits him better but won't compromise the team's balance?

Archived