FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I don't really need a winger:o

Maybe a new striker. THinking about Lukaku but I signed him last time too!

This new patch feels way too easier though, kinda boring. I'm steamrollering past every team. Already 12 points clear with 17 games played :o

It's not easy, I just lost a game after 322 matches unbeaten :(

Damn 2-0 away loss to Bayern, luckily I won 4-1 in the home leg prior to that.

Followed that by being 2-0 down at halftime in FA cup vs Liverpool at Anfield. A rollicking+3 changes including Rooney and Hernandez coming on sees it 2-2 at FT and in Extra time Hernandez completed his hatrick :D

edit:

Damn Ballard. Just got himself sent off in his 100th league appearance against Arsenal. 0-0 at the time.

Didnt matter though, went on to win thanks to Morrison starting the scoring in 40th minute, a regen winger scoring on the stroke of half time, and finally Rooney running 2/3rds the pitch from his left wing position (moved after sending off) before cutting in and tucking it in corner

Figure Harrison Ballard going to become the record league appearer as he only 19, worth £35m now and I never want to sell him. He a god amoung men. May change tactic so he can play AMC where I expect him to do better

Just done my first overview of the youth team this year, I arrived after the generation dates so haven't really looked at them much. Found this little gem, surely the best English newgen I've seen, the national team is dominated by real players 14 years in :D Got high hopes for him, got him tutored by a brilliant guy so he should progress well.

Missus is on my laptop at the moment. But when I am on it next I will put up the English demi-god regen of mine, Ballard. Guessing at 19yrs old he is at his full potential already, but to be fair he doesnt need to gain much anyways. :D

And Morrison had a great season this past season of mine. If only I had used him early on in the game he may well already be a top player, instead of looking pretty poor. But least he putting in the performances. Was happy with him in the end :)

What position you play him in and what year you are in?

I play him as an inside forward - attack in the AMR position, I'm coming to the end of the 2015/16 season, so far he has played 27(5) games, scoring 11 goals and getting 13 assists.

Firstly. Here is Harrison Ballard. Trying to figure out how I can improve him further, but coming up a blank so plan on just leaving all training as it is. Would like 20 determination but dont know how would achieve that. lol.

harrisonballardprofilea.png

He already had a total of 173 appearances, 100 league appearances. Think he can smash Ryan Giggs record? 653 league appearances is the target for that. It would mean playing every game for about the next 15 years though. lol.

And as Morrison is being discussed. He played games in AMR, MC and AML this season for me. Held his own in all of them.

7.45 in 26 apps at AMR

7.58 in 8 apps at AML

7.88 in 6 apps at MC

ravelmorrisonprofileatt.png

xx11, to improve determination, get him tutored by a player that has 20 determination.

I got no players with 20 determination that I be happy with him being tutored with. That is my problem with not knowing how to go about getting it up.... tbh he dont need it but would make him a even better player and tutor in future.

Kinda hoping he has some crap games, if you bitch at them for poor games it can increase their determination so that hte only route I can think off

edit:

Infact I got no 20 determination players at all now. Lots of 19s and 18s :p

started a united save sticking to signing players under the age of 21

first season signed De Gea, Chamberlain and Henrique

2nd season

ManUnited42-774518.jpg

Manchester United 2011/12

tran2.jpg

Meet the stars...

Alessandro D'angelo--16 year old AML signed from Lazio. Potential to be quality player.

Ciri Pieroni--another Italian potential to be as good as Vidic as long as he works hard.

Di stefano--16 year old DMc could become replacement for ageing Hargreaves.

Enrique Bulgar--Already looks to become a world beater. Will push for first team squad by end of season.

Filipe Zoni--not to sure about this one but could be offloaded for a profit maybe.

Franco Cristofari--Potential to become as good as Henrique. Will spend season in under 18s

Mario Goetze--ex dortmund player causing waves around europe. Signed for £12.75mil.

Lucas--A Brazilian midfielder who can play virtually anywhere. will become cover for Nani and Valencia.

Musachio--Centre back signed for cover and to possibly replace Rio when he retires.

Paolo Zanon--striking sensation and only 15. Will learn his trade for a few seasons before pushing for my strikers slot. Main replacement for Rooney?

Pierre Perrot--Not sure why i signed this guy doesnt look potentially as good as first thought.

Poli--Centre midfeilder to replace Carrick who has signed for Aston Villa.

Connor Wickham--The next Alan shearer if you beleive the reports. Will look to loan out for season.

u]Players out[/u]

With me spending a whopping £61million i tried my best to clas as much possible back with players leaving. I managed to sell players like Gibson, Carrick and Berbatov and many others also left the club who i considered dead wood and not good enough. i managed to bring in around £26.5million.

Squad Review

This was no doubt going to be one of the busiest summers the club will see for a long time as i aim to give these new players the chance to shine at Old Trafford. Maybe i will add one or two players each summer but i doubt il be splashing the cash like i did this year. Especially with the debt we still possess. I have some quality youngsters now at the club and its upto them to take there chance when they get it. Otherwise they could be on there way out.

I dont upload tactics, same as I dont download them. Against my nature. I have given the basic details out in this thread before, and from the default player settings I tweaked it more to my liking but I constantly tinkering with it in one way or another.

So just look at my previous post about the formation and player settings that I provided and take it from there. Even without changing things for the players it should work well anyways. Main thing to rememember is to tell everyone not to take long shots :p

End of 2015/16 Season

I've just finished my sixth season in charge of Man Utd, here is how I performed:

Premier League - Runners-up

League Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Runners-up

Champions League - Knocked out in first knockout round

FA Cup - Knocked out in semi final

Transfers

Transfers In

Xavi - £625k

Xabi Alonso - £2.5m

Owen Hargreaves - Free

Lucio - £120k

David De Gea - £17m

Transfers Out

Danny Welbeck - £14.25m

Paul Pogba - £2m

Sotiris Ninis - £10.25m

Nani - £18m

Toni Kroos - £33m

Anderson - £15.25m

Maarten Stekelenburg - £13.5m

Alex Chamberlain - £7m

A few loans

A few frees

Premier League

Below is the final table:

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

Not a great season. 87 points would normally win the league, but not this year. It made it even worse that Liverpool won the league.

Hazard finished as the top assister in the league with 18 in 37 games.

Champions League

I struggled a bit in the Champions League for the second season running, in my group I had Copenhagen, Shakhtar and PSG. I then got Atletico Madrid in the first knockout round who were too strong and knocked me out after beating me 3-2 on agg, that's the 2nd time in 4 years that they have knocked me out.

FA Cup

I got knocked out in the semi final against Liverpool.

Player Performances

ManUtdSquad2015-16.png

EnglishPremierDivisionAwards_AwardWinners-7.png

Future Transfers

In

Yann M'Vila - £20m (already confirmed)

Romelu Lukaku - £12m (already confirmed)

Out

Federico Macheda (he requested a transfer, decided I will let him go and that is why Lukaku is being brought in)

I will be sure to update at the end of next season.

Probably going to start alternating this game with my other game. Want to build a good young side at Man United, but also want to get an academy regen through my other game to play 1000 games for the club. He's 22 and played 228 games for the club and 62 for England. I love him :p

That Harrison Ballard is amazing, and Harryseaess, those are pretty special too.

Harry - You posted the wrong table. You are the champion in that one and Liverpool are down in 3rd :p

Benedetti looks like my fave of that group

Oh yeah :D, will fix that now.

Benedetti is fabulous, has loads of potential.

EDIT: Correct league screenshot up now.

WTF!

Dominated every competition for 5 seasons... and now at start of season 6 (2015/16) the board set the minimum requirement to "European qualification through league"!!!!

Erm no! Just no. Lets change that to champions! I accept no less and if I dont achieve it then they can fire me as I feel crap anyways.

edit:

oO Pogba been onloan at Villa for the past season, they just offered me the £15m buyout clause in the loan deal. Guess he be going as he not on much of a wage currently and cant turn down that amount of money by giving a new contract to someone that aint a touch on Ballard

Well that good news about the other loan :)

Pogba actually looks a decent player in my game, just noticed how much he improved whilst playing a full season at Villa, still let him move though. They paying him £110k a month, oO

Bloody hell!!!!

I am having to sort out my reserve team. I got 61 players in it, 25 of them can play the striker role! Erm, ooops!

Lots of players being released on a free because they were u18s that not developed having got to reserve age. Which is annoying. But there alot of players I dont want to sell as they under 21 and still got potential imo. Really need to try loan them out. 2 championship sides, and trying to get a foriegn one now

Best roles for Rooney and Hernandez up front? I'm thinking Rooney as Complete/Support, and Hernandez as poacher?

I play Hernandez as an advanced forward - attack and he is fabulous.

I'm currently playing Rooney as TM - attack, with balls to feet, he does quite well but doesn't score an amazing amount of goals.

25 strikers, at least it covers an injury crisis. On either my Man City save, or my Man Utd one from FM10 (or both more likely) I had well over 100 players at the club. I always thoroughly scout the world for regens, and sign anyone with good stats or reasonable potential (usually 2.5-3*, depending on current attributes). Becomes a bit unmanageable after a while lol.

First rough patch I've encoutered.. Lost 4-1 at Arsenal then 2-0 at Man City. Bounced back with a 3-0 over Liverpool though, then another 3-0 vs Wolves but finally dropped points at home to Everton, 0-0.

January 11 and my board increased my budget to 60m!! Decided I want a striker instead of a ML so I'm trying to bring Rossi home for around 25m. First target was Neymar but my scouts say Santos won't listen to any offers so I won't even try :(

25 strikers, at least it covers an injury crisis. On either my Man City save, or my Man Utd one from FM10 (or both more likely) I had well over 100 players at the club. I always thoroughly scout the world for regens, and sign anyone with good stats or reasonable potential (usually 2.5-3*, depending on current attributes). Becomes a bit unmanageable after a while lol.

had over 100 players as well, had it down to mid80's until the new influx of youth players (92).

First rough patch I've encoutered.. Lost 4-1 at Arsenal then 2-0 at Man City. Bounced back with a 3-0 over Liverpool though, then another 3-0 vs Wolves but finally dropped points at home to Everton, 0-0.

January 11 and my board increased my budget to 60m!! Decided I want a striker instead of a ML so I'm trying to bring Rossi home for around 25m. First target was Neymar but my scouts say Santos won't listen to any offers so I won't even try :(

Neymar cost me over £40m but he is superb. price is ok if you consider you can get 10 years out of him. worth buying imo

112 players before I started my clearout. Down to 105 players currently and want to get rid of more still. A bunch will be off on loan to Swansea, Barnsley, Antwerp and with luck a decent other side

I have finished my second season now, (being playing some other saves for a while), and won the Premie League title again, but missed out on all the other trophies available;

Champions League - lost to Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate in the quarter finals

FA Cup - lost to Chelsea 2-0 in the semi finals

Carling Cup - lost to Tottenham 2-1 after extra time in the quarter finals

The transfer window has passed and the squad has gone over a major overhaul;

Players Out

Gabriel Obertan - £9million - Hoffenheim

Dimitar Berbatov - £8million - Marseille

Bebe - £6million - Milan

Darron Gibson - £4.8million - Everton

Ji-Sung Park - £3.3million - Palermo

Tom Cleverley - £2.5million - Fulham (£4million buyback option)

Matt James - £2.5million - Leicester

Wes Brown - £1.6million - Aston Villa

Sean McGinty - £1million - Fulham

Alot of young players have gone out on loan, including Romelu Lukaku, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raphael Varane, Enzo Reale, Parana (Regen), Thiago (Eveton payed £1million fee and can buy him for £6.5million), and Federico Macheda (Palermo can buy him for £11million).

Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes both retired and joined the coaching staff.

Players In;

Karim Benzema - £25million (£10million upfront, £15million over 36 months) - Real Madrid

Phil Jones - £16.5million (£6.5million upfront, £10million over 24 months) - Blackburn

Ashley Young - £13.5million - Aston Villa

Jordan Henderson - £9million - Sunderland

Adryan - £1.1million - Flamengo

Here is how my first team squad is looking now in September of season three;

Goalkeepers;

1.David De Gea

34.Anders Lindegaard

40.Ben Amos

Defenders;

3.Patrice Evra

5.Rio Ferdinand - Vice captain

6.Phil Jones

12.Chris Smalling

15.Nemanja Vidic - Captain

20.Fabio

21.Rafael

22.John O'Shea

23.Jonny Evans

Midfielders;

7.Gareth Bale

8.Anderson

11.Ashley Young

16.Michael Carrick

17.Nani

18.Jordan Henderson

24.Darren Fletcher

25.Antonio Valencia

29.Adryan

49.Ravel Morrison

Strikers;

9.Karim Benzema

10.Wayne Rooney

14.Javier Hernandez

19.Danny Welbeck

A bit overloaded in the striking department, with three quality strikers out on loan. A few players have contracts expiring in the summer, including Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick, but I am hoping to re-negotiate them.

What do you think of the squad? Is anything missing?

Archived