FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get him to learn "places shots" ... it the first thing I get him to learn.

I like him to have at least the following:

Beats offside trap

Places shots

Knocks ball past defenders

Runs with ball through middle

That is the order in which I teach them as well. Find it makes him a much better player

Thrash Lyon 3-0, then draw 0-0 with Wolves. So frustrating!

Oh, how long does it usually take him to learn the PPM?

Labyad just tore his hamstring in a 3-0 win over Blackpool. He was only on the pitch as a sub for about 10 minutes :( Now he's out for 2-3 months.

Cool, not too bad then. He bagged a brace against Blackpool which helped.

Giggs played very well against Wigan, and was definitely considering using him against Chelsea, so I decided to bring him off on about 70 minutes. On comes Nani, who scores 2 goals. Dilemma :p

Think the only way I ever be able to afford Ronaldo and Messi wage demands will be to offer them 50% sell on clause, drops their demands massively.

That said, ronaldo's agent asked for 87m fee still. thouhg maybe he setting it at 10% of the transfer fee and i offered the buyout of 870m just to see ronaldo demands

Lost at home to Chelsea. The shot stats were fairly even, but that does not do any justice to my performance. Chelsea had 17 shots, 12 of which were long shots, and only 5 on target. I had 16 shots, 5 from long range, and 5 on target. I hit the woodwork 3 times, and Nani missed two open goals. I had 4 clear cut chances, they had none. Of course, they scored a billion yard wonder goal and an open goal, just to rub in that Nani had already missed two from five yards, while Anelka's was from the edge of the area and a tight angle.

I do enjoy a good moan, but that game really felt so fixed it was unbelievable. Why can Drogba bang them in from 30 yards, while Nani misses twice from inside the six yard box? Cech obviously played a blinder as well. I know, it's football blah blah blah. But the game seems to put you on a run when your players miss everything constantly.

Anyone got advice about a new defence minded centre midfielder? Not getting any joy out of Fletcher, and looking to get rid of Carrick.

I always use Anderson as a DMC. He not the best in the world but I use personal preference there and rarely have a complaint about him. Infact I still use him there in feb 2015 whilst I wait for Witter to be up to a slightly higher standard, which he is nearing. Guess Anderson will play cup and backup soon to see if Witter can get anywhere near as good as Ballard, whom is now worth £32.5m.

Only person whose true value is higher is Messi. Costa is £1m higher but that due to the transfer fee paid to him and is rapidly falling

Good luck with Messi xx11. He will probably leave Barcelona, would've happened on my other game but I bought him to make sure. Had the spare cash :p

And Anderson is out, I use him as the advanced playmaker and he's doing well there. Looking at Vidal from Leverkusen. Man City have bid £20 million for him though.

Looks like Carrick is going, offers from Sunderland and Villa so as long as he accepts he'll be gone.

I've had a £39m offer for Aguero accepted, and a £16m deal for Hulk accepted. I know how good Aguero is, but I have had him before so am more inclined to go for Hulk. Is he good enough though?

Lost at home to Chelsea. The shot stats were fairly even, but that does not do any justice to my performance. Chelsea had 17 shots, 12 of which were long shots, and only 5 on target. I had 16 shots, 5 from long range, and 5 on target. I hit the woodwork 3 times, and Nani missed two open goals. I had 4 clear cut chances, they had none. Of course, they scored a billion yard wonder goal and an open goal, just to rub in that Nani had already missed two from five yards, while Anelka's was from the edge of the area and a tight angle.

I do enjoy a good moan, but that game really felt so fixed it was unbelievable. Why can Drogba bang them in from 30 yards, while Nani misses twice from inside the six yard box? Cech obviously played a blinder as well. I know, it's football blah blah blah. But the game seems to put you on a run when your players miss everything constantly.

Anyone got advice about a new defence minded centre midfielder? Not getting any joy out of Fletcher, and looking to get rid of Carrick.

Exact same thing happens to me a lot in the first season. As soon as the AI managers start making silly signings and you can accelerate away with a supreme squad, it doesn't happen quite so much to me :)

Cheers Jad123, I have already beaten them in the league this season so I don't mind it too much.

As for the Hulk/Aguero situation, Hulk's wages are under a quarter of what Aguero wanted, so I'll go for him. Is he good enough though?

Cheers Jad123, I have already beaten them in the league this season so I don't mind it too much.

As for the Hulk/Aguero situation, Hulk's wages are under a quarter of what Aguero wanted, so I'll go for him. Is he good enough though?

Hulk is a very good striker. In regards to a good DM look at arturo vidal or yann mvila. both will cost around £15m. if you want your dm to simply destroy opposition attacks then go for vidal. alternatively if you can wait take a look at sandro from spurs. he is a very good DM and always seems to get transfer listed so yo can pick him up for abut £3m. keep an eye on him though

Have had an offer for Vidal accepted, but due to an offer from Man City, he would only accept £120k per week, which I really do not want to pay. Do you think he's worth that? If not, I will look at M'Vila or Sissoko. Thanks.

Beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates, followed by a 2-1 win over WBA which had a few interesting aspects. First was De Gea's debut. Then, Evra scoring his first of the season. And finally, West Brom scoring without having a shot on target all game :p

Also, had a wee scout for Brazilian regens, and am pretty excited about what I found. While scouts aren't always massively reliable, you can tell when a player really does have potential. As well as scouting a couple of 2-2.5* regens which I've ignored due to poor physicals, I also found two 3.5* potential regens and a 4* potential regen. I don't remember ever finding a 4* potential regen before, so I am excited about signing him, even if I do have to wait.

Have had an offer for Vidal accepted, but due to an offer from Man City, he would only accept £120k per week, which I really do not want to pay. Do you think he's worth that? If not, I will look at M'Vila or Sissoko. Thanks.

Beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates, followed by a 2-1 win over WBA which had a few interesting aspects. First was De Gea's debut. Then, Evra scoring his first of the season. And finally, West Brom scoring without having a shot on target all game :p

Also, had a wee scout for Brazilian regens, and am pretty excited about what I found. While scouts aren't always massively reliable, you can tell when a player really does have potential. As well as scouting a couple of 2-2.5* regens which I've ignored due to poor physicals, I also found two 3.5* potential regens and a 4* potential regen. I don't remember ever finding a 4* potential regen before, so I am excited about signing him, even if I do have to wait.

£120k is high in my opinion although he is superb. Mvila is a better DM than Sissoko (i currently have both on my game).

I reckon I'll cancel the Vidal deal, try and re-negotiate now the interest from City is gone while also trying for M'Vila. I've had Sissoko in the past so I'll try for M'Vila instead. Broken my transfer policy, don't really care though as I want to ensure I have some talent at the club.

Already signed Hazard this January, and will have Hulk and a CM by the end of the month, in addition to the pre-arranged De Gea deal.

And now Anderson has a 2-3 month injury :( So Hazard will have to play CM for most of the season, as advanced playmaker. Unless he's terrible at it.

Guessing I should bite Barcelona's hand off for a £3.9m offer for Joshua King?

He came off the bench to make his debut against Newcastle in a 4-1 away win. Hulk scored a debut goal, and Hazard got an assist. Vidic scored twice lol.

Anyone else had Hernandez get loads of disallowed goals? Only one of them has been wrong, but he has had disallowed goals in every match in a row for about 6 or 7 games now, it's really odd. I keep thinking he's scored his 20th of the season, only for it to be chalked off :p

And great news! Nani is now out for 4-5 weeks with broken ribs.

I'm in 2015 with my Man Utd team and after coming second in the League and losing in the CL Final (I won the FA Cup though) I thought I would revive the team.

I bought Varane and Digne last season to replace Evra and the ageing Vidic but neither impressed me. Inspired by real events I went for Phil Jones (£15M) and a 31 year old Lahm, for £5M. It seems like an awesome deal, but he's on £155,000 A WEEK (OUCH). I figured though, that I will not find a world class left back for a similar price and I need competition for Fabio BADLY!

Varane and Digne left for £15M each (Varane was bought for £12M and Digne £6M).

Anderson has been consistent but never a world beater for me. He was in my first team, but Morrison is quickly becoming an awesome threat at MC and Matt James is developing nicely too. As a result of this I managed to sign Wesly Sniejder (he's 31) for Anderson + £5M. He's on monster wages too! Sneijder will add that quality that I missed in the CL, we scraped past teams and Anderson just could not dictate the play.

My first team now looks like -

GK- De Gea (£17M) - Marsden (academy product, looks like an awesome prospect).

DR - Rafael - Fabio - Jones

DC - Vidic - Smalling - Hughes (academy product, he's my John O'Shea :p)

DC - Evans - Jones

DL - Lahm (£5M) - Fabio - Hughes - White (another academy product, looks decent)

MR - Nani - Valencia - Angus (academy product, he looks awesome! You can tell I like grooming players :p)

MC - Fletcher - Cristieq (£9M, awesome player) - Matt James

MC - Sniejder - Morrison - Matt James

ML - D Costa (was at the club when I got here) - Cleverly - Nani

ST - Rooney - Macheda

ST - Hernandez - James Boateng (English regen from Birmingham, he's a target man so brings something different. I had to sell Will Keane as he just was not cutting it :( )

Nice to see you developing the talent, even if it didn't quite work out. Jones was always a top player for my England side, so he should be a great signing.

Sold King to Barcelona for £3.9m + 25% sell on. Not bad I reckon.

9 out of my 25 first team squad is from the academy. I want more! I already have my replacement for Fletcher lined up in the academy. Just need the lad to develop a tad further and Fletcher to decline :).

Hulk has fit into the team straight away. In only his second game he's missed an open goal. Hooray! A 1-1 draw with Bolton, they had one chance which they scored, while I hit the post twice, had one cleared off the line, and missed plenty of other great opportunities. Took a late goal from Evra to save me the embarrassment of a home defeat. Luckily the other big teams are so bad I'm 9 points clear, but I'm still unhappy with so many games going like this.

Now been knocked out of the FA Cup 2-1 by Man City. Undeserved, Tevez scored in the last minute because the game took so long to actually let my changes come into play. Pretty unfair, really hard done by. What annoys me most is strikers. Every striker that plays against me scores from anywhere, mine can't score from inside the area. I just cannot fathom why none of my strikers are scoring, even though they get chance after chance.

A little while on, and my best performer of recent weeks is the one and only Paul Scholes. Hazard doesn't cut it for me in CM, he is either an attacking midfielder or an AML, but he isn't good enough for me to change my tactic mid-season. Instead, Scholes has been the one to fill Anderson's vacant position, and even though he can't play a full 90 minutes, he still is an important player. He scored against Liverpool in a 2-2 draw earlier. Giggs has also been filling in for Nani due to injury, and has been fairly good as well. An average rating of 7.23 is not bad in my eyes.

An important game away at Shakhtar is next, followed by the League Cup final against Chelsea, which I would love to win.

If u play Hazard as Inside forward support in either AML/AMC he will be your best player every season. Got 24 goals/38assists in my 2nd season playing on the left. Most consistent player in the game

Yeah, that's exactly how I used him on my other game, and he was the best player I've had I think. I may well look to adjust my formation next year, putting M'vila at DM, using whoever at CM, and then using Nani AMR and Hazard AML. Cheers for the advice, and that's a very good return from him. :)

Beat Shakhtar 4-0 away, so should be fine through the Champions League now. Also beat Chelsea in the League Cup final, but it wasn't especially enjoyable. Was a poor match, and I kept hitting the woodwork lol. Vidic scored the winner.

EDIT: Just used Hazard in the AM slot, as an inside forward. He played a 7.9 and got an assist, while Hulk scored both the goals in the 2-0 win over Birmingham. Not difficult opposition, but a nice win, and good goals too.

Just so you know Braundjoh, the DM,CM,AML,AMR is the formation i use for my midfield and serves me well.... almost lost my 300 odd game unbeaten run after going 2-0 down but a half time bollocking saw Rooney and Morrison pull it back to 2-2 and in end should have beaten newcastle

Yeah it's what I used at the other, more blue team I used. Was going to go for a different one, but the players all point to using that formation to be honest. With Valencia, Nani and Hazard at the club already, I should be using more advanced wingers. Anderson is a good centre midfielder, and M'Vila would be a top DM as well. Fletcher can do either of those, so would play enough too.

Well done with the turnaround there. I just drew 2-2 with City away, after being a goal down, we took the lead then conceded late on. We didn't deserve a point really, but having been in the lead it was probably a fair result. Then beat Shakhtar 2-0 to win 6-0 on aggregate, with Fabio scoring his first goal for us from the penalty spot. Barcelona were knocked out by Marseilles, so my initial humble expectations may be exceeded depending on the luck of the draw. Only downside is, De Gea is cup tied so can only use VDS.

Just hammered Chelsea 4-1

My regen winger banged in a hatrick and an assist. Should be 4 goals, but the 4th was a slight deflection even though was going in and an OG was given :(

They then went and injured him before getting a consulation with seconds remaining. bah.

Did help that they had Turnbull in goal, lol

Braundjoh I play hazard as cm but in a 3 man midfield and he is still exceptional although I would agree he is better as aml. I used him there in a previous save so I'd stick to playing him out wide if playing 2 centre mid as he is too attack minded

It was 14 years ago but I think it was a modified poacher. Maximum mentality, minimum creative freedom and plenty of through balls for the wingers. He fitted it so nicely I retrained Rooney to play on the left hand side :)

How have you guys been playing Morrison? I've got him in my Crewe save and currently playing him as an inside forward (A) at AMR (wideplay - cut inside). Sounds like you're getting good performances from him. He's playing well for me but I just feel I could extract a bit more from him.

Thanks in advance

Just agreed to sign M'Vila for £20m :thup:, he will come at the end of the season, should fit perfectly in to my DM position.

How have you guys been playing Morrison? I've got him in my Crewe save and currently playing him as an inside forward (A) at AMR (wideplay - cut inside). Sounds like you're getting good performances from him. He's playing well for me but I just feel I could extract a bit more from him.

Thanks in advance

I've been playing his an inside forward - attack in the AMR position, mentality is set to quite attacking and his creative freedom is set to quite high, everything else is left as default.

Just about to start the 2024/25 season, my first season back in my third stint, I only left a year ago but Thomas Schaaf managed to get my four-time consecutive winners into 7th place. Stuck for homegrown players and theres very few good English newgens :(

Just thrashed Fulham 5-0, with Hernandez getting one and Rooney scoring twice. Hoping my scoring woes are behind me. Was using a 4-2-2-2 which worked well, with Nani getting on the scoresheet from the AML > Inside forward position. Didn't realise, Valencia got MotM with three assists as well.

Then lost 3-0 (!) to Aston Villa, but was using a second string team to rest my first team for the Chelsea game. Drew 1-1 with Chelsea, the game has a magic way of giving them amazing luck. They scored a terrible goal, I had 4 CCC, hit the post etc etc normal FM. Rafael got sent off on 45 minutes too.

Beat Chelsea, 4-4 on aggregate but won on away goals. Kalou, with his amazing stats scored twice, while Hernandez continued to miss hatfuls. I have to say, Chelsea are the most overrated team on the game. Their midfield is so amazing, John Obi Mikel has mental stats. It's bonkers how overrated they are.

Yeah, that's exactly how I used him on my other game, and he was the best player I've had I think. I may well look to adjust my formation next year, putting M'vila at DM, using whoever at CM, and then using Nani AMR and Hazard AML. Cheers for the advice, and that's a very good return from him. :)

Beat Shakhtar 4-0 away, so should be fine through the Champions League now. Also beat Chelsea in the League Cup final, but it wasn't especially enjoyable. Was a poor match, and I kept hitting the woodwork lol. Vidic scored the winner.

EDIT: Just used Hazard in the AM slot, as an inside forward. He played a 7.9 and got an assist, while Hulk scored both the goals in the 2-0 win over Birmingham. Not difficult opposition, but a nice win, and good goals too.

I use him at AML, he got 8.05 in 33 apps leagues and barca offered £60m. (End of 3rd)

I do actually enjoy this game, as surprising as it sounds. Just find it so frustrating at times. Should have the league wrapped up soon, now 7 points clear with 5 games to go, and now 2-1 up against Blackburn. Was 2-0 up, then Blackburn were given a free goal because Evra passed it to Santa Cruz for a shot from 3 yards. Makes sense.

Ended up winning 4-1, with two from Hernandez, one from Ferdinand and one from Rooney off the bench. Probably going to lose to Inter in the next game, but Champions League Semi Final is not a bad place to get knocked out.

Lost 4-1 at home to Inter. I had all the play, all their shots went in. The same story as pretty much every game this season. The AI can score from anywhere, but my players miss from 5 yards.

Also, what is really annoying me at the moment. So many of my players are getting injured in the non-injury way, where they pick up knocks that put them down to below 60% condition. It happens to my players about 3 times a game, and yet they never get booked when it's a bad challenge.

Followed by a 1-0 loss to Everton. They had one shot on target all game, I completely dominated. I don't understand what I can actually do to stop that one shot always going in, and my players constantly missing easy chances.

Lost 2-0 away to Inter, another result following the recent trend of me dominating, them scoring all their chances. Their keeper got motm. Really struggling to finish this season now, it's turned too frustrating to enjoy. Every result feels the same, and I don't feel like there is anything I can do to effect the outcome. Even when my defence is solid, they score their only chance(s) of the game, while my players play good football, and constantly miss from close range. Argh!

At least I have Blackpool next, where a win will see me claim the league title. If I lose and don't post again, assume I killed someone.

Yay! Won 4-0 so no one has to die. Rooney, Hernandez (x2) and Hulk scored in a routine win. League and League Cup double isn't too bad I guess, with a CL semi thrown in. Hopefully with some transfers over the summer I can actually with some consistency.

Season over, will post a proper update in a bit. Ended on good form, so hopefully will be able to carry it over to next season.

Yay :) Got 16m extra transfer funds in Nov. of the first season. Need a Giggs replacement.. Who shall I sign? I've already brought in Elia and Coentrao but I'm looking for a proper left winger (Elia is right-footed,) and I view Coentrao as primarily a DL.

Archived