Real Madrid C.Ronaldo instructions in FM 10?

Hello, everyone.

I saw C. Ronaldo stats in my Barca save and they are immanese. So, my question is, what does ME do with him to keep him so high floating?

Can you give your opinion as I have Messi who is like him and playes in the same spot but doesn't score so many goals neither assists?

Thanks

Set them as an Inside forward. I haven't managed to get great success with inside forwards on FM though. Lower crossing and long shots and wide play as cut inside.

I'd probably go with Move into Channels over Cut Inside.

Play him as an AML, alongside a Lone Striker, get your right sided player to cross to the far post. Worked wonders with Balotelli for me, similar player. :)

What do you mean by "high floating"?

I suspect that the way ME plays Ronaldo has more to do with his attributes and PPM's than with his instructions. Who is coaching Real M in your game and what formation do they use?

In my game with the current season updates, Real M are coached by Mourinho using 4-2-3-1 with wingers. Ronaldo plays as AMR that starts very wide and cuts inside (with and without the ball) in a very deadly way. He is very hard to play against, even though I'm also using Barcelona.

Messi is not like Ronaldo - IRL and in FM. I think the difference between the two is very realistically well represented in FM to simulate real life. Messi is more creative but weaker physically than Ronaldo and there is the obvious height difference as well.

On my current save with Barca I use Messi as AMC. But on my previous one, which lasted four seasons before I decided to start over, I was using him as AMR and managed to make him La Liga's and European top goalscorer four seasons in a row (scoring 32, 34, 36 and 33 league goals each season) while winning most other individual awards for player of the year. Here are a couple of screens for example:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6684/messiawards1.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2283/messiawards2.jpg

I used him as an inside forward on attack duty with mixed RFD and no crossing if I remember correctly. You can check out my "Tiki-Taka" tread for more details on that. My mind is now more on my current save where I use him as AMC in a 4-2-3-1 wide formation.

Archived