4-5-2 SirToby

I have just secured one of my best results in Football Manager ever. I have won the Champions League with Aberdeen after results like 6-1 over Manchester City in the year of 2024. I will give my tactic a lot of the reason for this success. The formation looks like this:

452tac.png

The smart thing about this formation is that you have two full backs and two wings at the same time that you have two center backs, three center midfielders and two forwards. As long as you have a wing back that is decent at defending as well as attacking you are on your way to success. A pacy forward should also help you very much. A forward like Neil Hunter. He has given me 179 goals in the last five seasons because of his dribbling and pace. Anotther important thing to mention is the defensive line and the offside trap. When you are favourites play deep and without the offside trap. Play high up the pitch and the trap when you are underdogs. I have won away wins like 2-0 at Emirates against Arsenal with this philosophy

I won the league for the last five seasons in superior style:

aberdeenoverlegen.png

Champions League:

aberdeencl.png

My star forward (as you can see he is no Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o or David Villa - but he has given me the Champions League trophy):

abeneilhun.png

452 SirToby: http://www.gratisupload.dk/download/50704/

congratulations mate looks a quality tactic could do with more info on tactic itself and possible tweaks etc, when struggling. make's a pleasant chnage for a smaller club tactic instead of everyone who normally come's on here with manu arsenal,chelsea tactic's!!

I`m guessing you deliberately called it 452 since you have both 4 defenders and a 5 man midfield in attack? :)

Looks interesting. But then theres the year 2024... doesn`t say alot.. if you striker is one of your best players however, the results are very impressive.

By the way.. who is targetman and who is playmaker??

I`m guessing you deliberately called it 452 since you have both 4 defenders and a 5 man midfield in attack? :)

Looks interesting. But then theres the year 2024... doesn`t say alot.. if you striker is one of your best players however, the results are very impressive.

Yep, that shape looks interesting mate, I'd like to know about your results in your first 5 years, if you used the same approach.

By the way.. who is targetman and who is playmaker??

You are right with the 452 :)

Neil Hunter is one of my best players. His statistics talk for itself. Paddy Purcell, Conor Clifford and Manuel Santana are also among the best.

The right forward (pace, dribbling) is of course my target man as I am using Run Onto Ball. The most central of the midfielders is playmaker as he is the deepest playing of the three. Conor Clifford (look above) has been used as playmaker.

@higgins

I think I started using this approach back in season 2014/15 and my results has been like this in the league:

abe10sea.png

It was quite a surprise that I won the Champions League. We have been knocked out in the first knockout round in the two previous seasons and before this season I had been selling big time. My key playmaker Rodrigues was sold to Barcelona, my world class keeper Volmir til Sporting and a class wing back went to Bolton. My squad was weakened but I won the Champions League. On the contrary, we was not as good in the league as previously.

I will re-upload the tactic now.

I'm going to give this a try. What type of midfielders do you need and what type of player is the striker alongside the quick target man?

Just good midfielders. The most central of the three does not need to be quick, the others do as you often find them in the box. The more determined, creative and quick they are, the better. And if you are not the best team, their defensive abilities will be important.

Yes, it is 10.3, LukazTMR.

Archived