Bamble's new and improved OOTP Baseball style League for FM08!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoAC:

Chris, is their going to be a database posting before the end of the transfer window? You know, for those last minute signings and such? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I'm going to play now up to and including the 29th January and then will post a linky for people to download so you can get in any last minute transfers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

Hey,

Just wondering if there are any spaces on this as it seems fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, yes there is, provide me with the following and I'll randomise you a team:-

Full Name

D.O.B.

Nationality (just 1)

Starting League - England, Italy, Germany, Holland or Spain.

Hi George,

You have been drawn:-

Vitesse!!

If you want to send me a .tac file or screenies for your tactics and let me know what your Squad is to be, in the following format would be nice:-

GK

---

1st choice:-

2nd choice:-

3rd choice:-

LB

---

1st choice:-

2nd choice:-

etc, etc.

Also let me know of any players you want to transfer list, or any you want to bid on or staff you want, etc.

Bids I usually like something along the lines of:-

Please bid for Dirk Kuyt - start £5mill and increase in £0.5mill until a maximum of £10mill. That way it gives me something to keep going with without having to keep going backwards and forwards between myself and other players.

email address is:-

chrisbamb@googlemail.com

Won't add you in just yet until tactics, etc received.

Cheers and welcome aboard!! icon14.gif

Okay great, I presume that none of my players have been sold or left etc and that I should use the squad at the start of the game. Also from the date you started this I will also assume you are running 8.0.0 database. I'll email you as soon as I have my squad figured out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

Forgot to ask if I was in time for the January Transfer window. I really hate the lack of an edit feature... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I'm running on 8.01 database (updated once it came out). Also, if you want to hang on for approx. an hour, I'll be providing the new link to download which will be at 27th January, so still in time for January trsnafer window and will give you an up to date position on your team. Just playing the games now from the Sunday and will upload after that. icon_smile.gif

All I can say is I have inherited a mess, the club are 1 million in the red and half the players have left the club on frees with no replacements comming in and of the players I do have half appear to be suspended or injured..

Hi,

I'll give everyone a chance to download the saved game and recompile teams etc.

Is anyone having any problems with the download?? Ryan says that his system goes into the crash dump thingy when he downloads the game onto his system, anyone else having any problems??

Thanks for the emails received so far.

Wiss - Holland had a 3 week Christmas break, obviously, your guys had too many pies!! icon_razz.gif

Just a quick update lads. I'll give everyone until tomorrow to get any changes/bids they want to make into me and then I'll carry on at some point tomorrow.

NOTE FOR WISS!!

Can you read your emails mate, sent you an important one that I need some help with. icon14.gif

Sorry i havent been around lately, BT cut off my internet, ive never missed dial up so much, as we speak im "Borrowing" my neighbours wireless from my house icon_razz.gif. I dont know whether im still in the game, if i am or not can i be moved to England please. Cheers.

PS my internets back up next week, so ill be on regularly from there on

Biggest Transfer yet!!

Anelka joins Milan in mega bucks deal

It was released today that Nicolas Anelka has joined AC Milan from Bolton in a move that saw Bolton receive £20million an arranged friendly and a sell on clause of 30%.

For Anelka's part, he is said to be overjoyed with joining one of the big names in European football. Of course a reported deal of a £94,000 per week wage with a £9,500 appearance bonus and the same again for a goal bonus would have helped his decision!!

Newcastle strike lucky!!

Sevilla today made a bold bid for Obafemi Martins from Newcastle in a deal reportedly worth £21.4million, which was duly accepted by Chairman Mike Ashley. Martins, who so far this Season has been by far and away Newcastle's best player scoring 14 goals in 25 matches, showed great committment to the club by turning down the Sevilla offer.

Wednesday 30th January 2008

English Premiership

Blackburn 1 (Bentley)

Derby 1

Everton 0

Man Utd 1

Man City 0

Spurs 2 (Jenas, OG)

Portsmouth 1 (Nugent)

Birmingham 0

Reading 1

Newcastle 1 (Dica)

Italian League Cup Quarter Final 2nd leg

AC Milan 1 (Seedorf)

Palermo 1

Agg:- 1-2

Inter Milan 1 (Adriano)

Sampdoria 1

Agg:-

1-2

icon_eek.gif Both Milan's out of the Cup!! icon_eek.gif

Saturday 2nd February 2008

English Premiership

Birmingham 0

Everton 0

Liverpool 3

Portsmouth 0 - Mendes sent off!!

Newcastle 2 (Owen 2)

Bolton 2

Spurs 0

Aston Villa 0

West Ham 2 (Samaras, Bresciano)

Sunderland 2

Wigan 0 - Heskey sent off!!

Chelsea 1 - Terry sent off!! - 90th Minute Winner!!

Italian Serie A

Napoli 0 - Leonardo sent off!!

Fiorentina 0

Udinese 0

AC Milan 1 (Gilardino)

Sunday 3rd February 2008

English Premiership

Middlesbrough 2

Blackburn 1 (Derbyshire)

Fulham 1

Man City 0

Dutch Premiership

NEC 2

Heerenveen 4 (Henrique 2, Torje, Matusiak)

Vitesse 2 (Junker, Lorca)

FC Twente 1

Italian Serie A

Inter Milan 3 (Adriano 2, Zanetti)

Parma 0

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">NEC 2

Heerenveen 4 (Henrique 2, Torje, Matusiak)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New tactic seems to have done well and Torje's first goal on his first full start icon_cool.gif.

Interesting that all the Dutch sides won this weekend icon_wink.gif

Archived