Bamble's new and improved OOTP Baseball style League for FM08!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

Ac Milan icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could have at least fixed his draw Bambi icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be nice to see him crash and burn. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. icon_wink.gif

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Well, I've entered myself now and I have been drawn - Nurnberg in Germany!!

Looks like it will be a long Season for us 3. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you have the UEFA Cup to look forwards to iirc. icon_wink.gif

We just have the league. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have a bit of an idea to add to this. Don't know if it's possible but just a thought.

At the end of the 1st season there are the European Championships, and as of just now there are 13 managers in this. I have the idea of limiting this to 16 then at the end of the season we could each take a qualified and randomized team to the European Championships using a new manager with the exact same details. We would then retire our "2nd 'international' manager" and resume to club management until the next international tournament.

After that we could do the same for the World Cup 2010 should be reach that far using just 16 of the 32 qualified teams.

(Hope that all makes sense)

Ofc it would be down to Chris' decision but it was just an idea so thought and suggestions welcome. icon14.gif

Hmmm, not a bad idea in principal, however, that would slow the game down quite a bit as I'd have to wait for everyone to re-submit everything for the International team and it's also assuming that we'll still have 16 Managers at that stage. I'd have to wait probably between each match/stage for new instructions to come through as it's a smaller Group stage and knockout.

It really depends if people would be happy to wait/delay the next Season.

Hmmm, not a bad idea in principal, however, that would slow the game down quite a bit as I'd have to wait for everyone to re-submit everything for the International team and it's also assuming that we'll still have 16 Managers at that stage. I'd have to wait probably between each match/stage for new instructions to come through as it's a smaller Group stage and knockout.

It really depends if people would be happy to wait/delay the next Season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think about that tbf but if there's enough support for it then I think it would a good little fun addition imo.

But as always, you have the final say, as you are running the game.

Damn!! It would help if I added who got who wouldn't it!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Neoc - Athletic - Spain

Alexdodo - AZ - Holland

Mark Cator - Blackburn - England

Aaberdeenn - Cottbus - Germany

Abceded - Roma - Italy

Wiss - Heerenveen - Holland

Jonny - AC Milan - Italy

5ergio - Spurs - England

Milanfan - FC Utrecht - Holland

Walcotts - Inter Milan - Italy

That's all 3 Italian and Dutch teams out already and very surprising that 3 of the big Italian names came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inter Milan icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Expectations:

Inter Milan - no choice, you just need to win the title!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah rite, just what I like to see... no pressure then for my first season in charge! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to this, I'll email you all the details tomorrow afternoon. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think that's a good idea, Mark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not Mark. icon_wink.gif I'm James. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, one name off. Give me a break its Friday!

You should be thankful I'm only barely drunk right now!

Mr Golden, Sir - you have Newcastle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Geordies eh? I'll do what I can.

first things first, transfer list Michael Owen. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golden_goal:

Mr Golden, Sir - you have Newcastle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Geordies eh? I'll do what I can.

first things first, transfer list Michael Owen. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take him icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by you'll_never_walk_alone:

Medium Database? How am i supposed to find all my unknown players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you managed it last time with Medium database!! icon_razz.gif

Teams being generated for Adam and Danny to follow shortly.

Does anyone know if Seanio still comes on here??

Right, well as there was only Spain left for you 2 here they are, both have a tough time on your hands!!

Danny - Murcia - avoid relegation

Adam - Almeria - avoid relegation

I've had 1 email so far with everything on (Thanks Sercan) as I get the rest in I'll start adding. As per last Season friendlies will be handled by arseman to speed pre-season up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoAC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think that's a good idea, Mark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not Mark. icon_wink.gif I'm James. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meh, one name off. Give me a break its Friday!

You should be thankful I'm only barely drunk right now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done. icon_wink.gif

Neoc - Athletic - Spain

Alexdodo - AZ - Holland

Mark Cator - Blackburn - England

Aaberdeenn - Cottbus - Germany

Abceded - Roma - Italy

Wiss - Heerenveen - Holland

Jonny - AC Milan - Italy

5ergio - Spurs - England

Milanfan - FC Utrecht - Holland

Walcotts - Inter Milan - Italy

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who be FC Utrecht? aah well, will have to find out then. icon_wink.gif

ooh, i found out!! apparently they are a superclub (of sorts) formed when three Utrecht clubs merged in 1970. nice enough. now only problemo is i DONT have 08. bamb, you might have to give my club to someone else, i cant see their current squad and all that stuff without asking you for help. better do it quickly! i dont mind really, just really dissapointed. damn, my pocket money(its the equivalent of 5$ a month and then they ban you if you buy pirated discs) sorry bamble.it'll be too much bother for you to help me and all. and i dont want you to bother either. cheers. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ooh, i found out!! apparently they are a superclub (of sorts) formed when three Utrecht clubs merged in 1970. nice enough. now only problemo is i DONT have 08. bamb, you might have to give my club to someone else, i cant see their current squad and all that stuff without asking you for help. better do it quickly! i dont mind really, just really dissapointed. damn, my pocket money(its the equivalent of 5$ a month and then they ban you if you buy pirated discs) sorry bamble.it'll be too much bother for you to help me and all. and i dont want you to bother either. cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you sign up, if you didnt have the disc? and had no intentions of getting the disc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by you'll_never_walk_alone:

Medium Database? How am i supposed to find all my unknown players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were 90% regens that had just happened to appear in the game iirc icon_wink.gif.

I think i only signed 3 regens, all 3 were belters especially Luis from Porto. I believe my biggest signings were Ochoa (FM Legend) and Leandro Lima (Currently plays for Porto)

Suck on that icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pfft it was a guess off the top of my head icon_wink.gif.

Adam's correct - as long as you have top 5 Division's loaded and medium database, you should have the same set up as me.

Adam sent me a list as long as my arm and leg and only 1 player wasn't available. Now if he can dig up some obscure player from somewhere, you should be fairly certain he'll be there. icon_wink.gif

I've only had 4 emails so far, I'll be starting tomorrow so try and get me your info a.s.a.p. If I haven't received anything, I'll fast forward anyway. Friendlies will be handled by Arseman anyway so no rush with tactics or teamsheets unless you want to try out different formations, etc in the friendlies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Chris - iirc you're a Blackburn fan so you'll know all the best players they have at moment. You can choose my team icon_biggrin.gif

Will email my tactic and sorts up later on icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've not done too bad with what you've chosen. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i believe i was voted manager of the season for the last one, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? I don't remember that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he get Bolton relegated in that season too? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived