FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

Well its 2012 and I've finally made Newcastle bankrupt, after years of spending what Ashley's given me its happened, AND RUINED MY LEAGUE SEASON! I've been docked 9 points, so I've gone from 4th to 8th. Thats my title chances down the drain for another season. At5 lesat I'm still int eh Champions League, I beat Barca on away goals and now I have Porto. I'm just worried I'll get the sack, after winning the league cup and fa cup for nufc in 08 I can add bankrupcy to my many achievements in FM08.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Team

GK Given

DR Yakubu

DL Enrique

DC Coloccini

DC Samba

DMC Barton

AMC Defour/Jimenez

AMR Milner

AML N'Zogbia

FC Owen

FC Smith/ Nihat (currently injured for 4 months)

Now i can either go with a 28m for berbatov or buy affelay/bentley/ashton.

I finshed 2nd in the league in my first season and became champions in the 2nd season.

I played a 4-3-1-2 formation and bought Hugo Lloris, Jean ll Makoun, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Klass-Jan Huntelaar and Guilherme (the forward from Cruzeiro) in my first season.

I kept the same defence in the first season and amazingly did pretty well with them and had Steven Taylor scoring headers at free-kicks and corners icon_smile.gif

got a couple of players for you guys to have a look at, a player called rodrigues (spellin?) from chivas nd hes a great cb he got signing of the season first season and he came cheap at 2.1 million and also dean ashton is a legend for me got him in jan 08 for 14 mill and he scored 41 goals in his second season with me now inter are interested in him

Originally posted by snowballnufc:

got a couple of players for you guys to have a look at, a player called rodrigues (spellin?) from chivas nd hes a great cb he got signing of the season first season and he came cheap at 2.1 million and also dean ashton is a legend for me got him in jan 08 for 14 mill and he scored 41 goals in his second season with me now inter are interested in him

Could you post your ashton player instructions. Thanks.

Thought I'd share my first season with all you NUFC managers out there!!

Just about to start the second season with my Newcastle team on 8.0.2. after finishing 6th in my first season and securing UEFA cup and also taking my lads to Wembley in FA Cup semi final against Man.Ure and losing to a Ronaldo pen in the 89th min icon_mad.gif

Choose a top ten finish and largest pitch possible!

My Team

GK: Shay Given (Enyeama 300k)

DL: Enrique

DR: Beye

DC: Taylor (Sakho 750k)

DC: Samba 1.8m (Kompany 6.5m)

DMC: Nigel Reo Coker 7m

AML: Matias Fernandez 7.5m (Menez 7m)

AMR: Arshavin 9m (Milner)

MC: Barton (Geremi)

MC: Rafael van de Vaart 10m (Dereck Boateng 1.8m)

ST: Owen (Martins/Stancu 1.1m)

Formation

I play a 2-3-2-2-1 formation based on Jazzfusions tactic and the 2-6-2 rule

GK

DC DC

DWB DMC DWL

MC MC

AMR AML

ST

Transfers

In

- Saviet 575k - Scored 36 in 33 Under 18 games, gonna be a gem

- Bostok 450k - Average rating of 7.36 in the under 18's and scored 10 from CM

- Samba 1.8m A must buy, won premiership signing of the season

- Kompany 6.5m - A very good affordable CB

- Sakho 750k Very promising youngster

- Enyeama Very competent, cheap backup goalkeeper

- Nigel Reo Coker 7m has been a good signing average rating of 7.05

- Matias Fernandez 7.5m Brilliant AML one of the best

- Menez 7m - Voted 2nd best premiership signing of the season - enough said

- Rafael can de vaart 10m - My favourite champ manager player over the years and doesn't let you down in FM8 bags of goals, loads of assists and a hatrick against Chel$ki - love him

- Arshavin 9m yet to impress but I have high hopes and is talked about allot.

- Dereck Boateng 1.8 Good cheap backup CM one for the future

- Stancu 1.1m One of the games top young strikers, sent him on loan and scored for fun in lower leagues

- HERE IS THE BIG ONE - AGUERO 26m signed to replace Owen at the end of season 1 - cant wait to play him

Out

- Harper 800k After using him at the start when given is injured, did ok but too old IMO.

- Emre 2.2m Sold at the end of season 1, didn't use him that much and wanted him off the wage bill

- Carr FREE at the end of season 1 was in the reserves all season

- Butt FREE at the end of season 1 was in the reserves all season

- Cacapa 800k at the very start of the game

- Krul 2.2m + 50% offer too good to turn down

- Owen 13m Transfer listed him at the end of season 1 and chairman accepted 13m scored 22 in 30 starts

- N'Zogbia 7m in the January transfer window as was keeping the bench warm

- Smith 4.5m I like Smith but didn't perform for me, sold in Jan

- Duff 2m Never did anything much, sold at the end of season 1, pleased to get him off the wage bill

- Viduka 1.8 to West Ham and didn't stop scoring against me grrrr icon_redface.gif

- Ameobi 1.5m Managed to get rid of him at the end of season 1, was in the reserves all year

Loans

- Banega looks like a solid DMC but didn't get much opportunity

- Shaun Wright-Phillips failed to impress, fans didn't like him so sent him back

Notes

- Make sure you offer Owen & Martins new contracts at the beginning of the game to get rid of their hidden minimum release clause. Play them as target men and running onto ball - both of them scored over 20 goals.

- Steven taylor was awesome for me, scored 7 goals and Milan & Real Madrid are chasing

- If you can't sell a player try loaning him out for 3 months to a team who will play him.

- Given is awesome

I hope this helps any budding Newcastle managers!

If any of you guys out there could advice me on staff members I would be most appreciative. I'm looking to get 7 star coaches in and a more useful Assistant Manager - any ideas?

This is the first time that i've actually been proud enough of a team to stick them on here.

so heres the story so far...

1st season - i had a really disappointing season finishing 9th in the league and gettin knocked out of the cup competitions early. to be honest i thought i was gonna be sacked but apparently the board and fans were happy with 9th! The most disappointin thing though was losing 38-0 to reading. I selected my strongest side, got to the match and saw that none of my players were selected, frankly i have no idea what happened and presumed it was just a bug!!

Transfers - I brought in these players for a combined £42mil

Hamsik - Napoli - DM

Cavani - Palermo - FC

Barnes - Derby - AMRC

Luis Garcia - Zaragoza - AM/FC

Ashavin - Zenit - AMRC

Sakho - PSG - DLC

Garay - Racing - SW/DC

Kuffour - Ajax - DC (Loan)

I signed kuffour just for 2 months due to both taylor and garay getting injured.

Team

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - Enrique

CB - Garay & Taylor

RM - Arshavin

LM - N'zogbia

CM - Hamsik & Barton

CF - Owen & Luis Garcia

2nd Season - I entered the Euro Vase and progressed into the Euro Cup. I got knocked out of the early and presumed that this season would turn out like the previous season. However, due to some wholesale changes that i made and David Moyes going completely mad at Everton (must have been a bug) i ended up winning the prem with a 10 point gap over arsenal!!

Transfers - Combined £70mil

Bellaid - Strasbourg - DRC

Ochoa - America - GK

Toulalan - Lyon - MC

Rossi - Villarreal - AM/FC

Flavio - Flamengo (i think) - AM/FC

Kranjcar - Portsmouth - AMLC

Iaquinta - Juventus - FC

Yobo - Everton - DC

Arteta - Everton - AMRLC

Vaughan - Everton - SC

Lescott - Everton - DLC

Baines - Everton - DL

Moyes put them all up for transfer, all of them were about £2m under there current valuation and i presumed that moyes had gone completely mad so i brought them all!!

I sold Ameobi, Rozehnal, Emre, Viduka, Krul, Smith, Ramage, Duff, Cavani, Geremi, Carr, Owen, Milner, Enrique and Beye for a combined total of £52mil, which i thought was pretty good.

Team

GK - Ochoa

RB - Faye

LB - Baines

CB - Garay & Lescott

RM - Arteta

LM - Kranjcar

CM - Toulalan & Hamsik

CF - Martins & Vaughan

Anyway just starting my 3rd season and have signed Ben Arfa, Robben, Yaya Toure and Jack Wilshere and sold Butt, Harper, Faye, Luis Garcia, Ashavin.

After losing to Man U in the community shield i decided to change my tactics for this season and so far (2 games in) it seems to be working!

Team

GK - Ochoa

CB - Yobo, Garay & Lescott

DM - Toure

CM - Toulalan & Hamsik

RM - Ben Arfa

LM - Robben

CF - Martins & Rossi

Iv beaten fulham 3-1 and liverpool 4-2 so hopefully this season will be like last year!!!!

will keep you guys updated with my progress throughout this new season!!

Hey guys just thinking of starting a Newcastle game so i was wanting to know a few things if thats alrite ??

How much cash do you start of with??

Who is a MUST to sell??

What positions need improved straight away???

Any good youngsters in the Reserves/U18???

Any help would be great thanks guys.

Originally posted by JD 1984:

Hey guys just thinking of starting a Newcastle game so i was wanting to know a few things if thats alrite ??

How much cash do you start of with??

Who is a MUST to sell??

What positions need improved straight away???

Any good youngsters in the Reserves/U18???

Any help would be great thanks guys.

Hi JD,

Cash all depends what you tell the board you will achieve, I think I got 28million for a top half finish!! I'm assuming you're on patch 8.0.2?

Must sells IMO are:

Cacapa (800k-1m)

Smith (4-6m)

Ameobi (2-4m)

various other high earners can be sold on: Viduka, Emre, Duff, Butt, Carr ect ect

You must Strenghan at CB - Must buy is Samba from Blackburn

Andy Carrol turns into a useful player, as does lua lua. Make Henri Saviet your first signing, best youngster in the game.

See me recent post above for a look at my first season in charge!

Just taken over newcastle after the were relagated from the prem in first season.

I started off managing Lyon (doing well) saw newcastle in 21st place in the championship with 14 games to go with steve coppell as thier manager, they looked like they were going to get relageted again.

Anyway - i quit lyon for them, and won all remaining 14 leagues - which was quite good, as all of the best players had been sold, Owen, Taylor, Martins etc...

I was left with Germei, duff, viduka, all on very high wages, losing alot of money each month, Not to mention all of coppells buys - Garvan from ipswich who was on 40K per week, Koumas on 55K per week, Mcfadden on 80K per week.

Anyway i managed to finsih 6th on goal differnce, i then went on to beat wolvoes 3-0 on agg in the play-off 1st & 2nd leg, before facing QPR in the play-off final, i lost 1-0 despite controlling the game, my first defeat in charge of newcastle.

When i took over, i was given a massive £115M for transfers, however - i could not really sign players of real quilaty, as they were not preperaed to drop down divsions.

Luckiy pompy were relagated, I managed to sign Steven tayor Fpr £18M afer coppell sold him to pompy for £11M, bit expensive, but i had to sign him quick as liverpool were intrested.

Signed 25players in total, and sold/released most of coppells buys, as there wages were so high.

Transfers IN:

Steven taylor - pompey - £18M

Havarad Nordtveit - WBA - £6M

Billy Sharp - Sheff utd - £4M

Jack Hobbs - Liverpool - £1.5M

Andreas Granqvist - Wigan - £5M

Sergio Mota - Sao paulo - £7M

Tim Krul - Watford - £3M

Stephen Darby - Liverpool - £500K

Eduardo Ratinho - C0rinthians - £9M

Nick Montgomery - Sheff utd - £2M

Rhys Murphy - Arsenal - £5M

Stewart Downing - Pompy - £15M

Charlie Adam - Pompey - £5.5M

Jay Thomas - Arsenal - £250K

Kyle Bartley - Arsenal - £2M

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal - £1M

Dean Bouzanis - Liverpool - £6M

Rafael Forster - Flamengo - £3.5M

They were the main pick of the transfers, I may of paid over-the-odds for some of the players, but as i said the squad was in a terrible state, i was trying to buy the best i could.

Transfers OUT:

Lots of players released/sold, main players were:

Beye, Duff, Viduka, Garvan, Ledley, Boyce, Kightly, Koumas, Salder, Edu Draceha, Edgar, Al Ba

Originally posted by lfc25:

Just taken over newcastle after the were relagated from the prem in first season.

I started off managing Lyon (doing well) saw newcastle in 21st place in the championship with 14 games to go with steve coppell as thier manager, they looked like they were going to get relageted again.

Anyway - i quit lyon for them, and won all remaining 14 leagues - which was quite good, as all of the best players had been sold, Owen, Taylor, Martins etc...

I was left with Germei, duff, viduka, all on very high wages, losing alot of money each month, Not to mention all of coppells buys - Garvan from ipswich who was on 40K per week, Koumas on 55K per week, Mcfadden on 80K per week.

Anyway i managed to finsih 6th on goal differnce, i then went on to beat wolvoes 3-0 on agg in the play-off 1st & 2nd leg, before facing QPR in the play-off final, i lost 1-0 despite controlling the game, my first defeat in charge of newcastle.

When i took over, i was given a massive £115M for transfers, however - i could not really sign players of real quilaty, as they were not preperaed to drop down divsions.

Luckiy pompy were relagated, I managed to sign Steven tayor Fpr £18M afer coppell sold him to pompy for £11M, bit expensive, but i had to sign him quick as liverpool were intrested.

Signed 25players in total, and sold/released most of coppells buys, as there wages were so high.

Transfers IN:

Steven taylor - pompey - £18M

Havarad Nordtveit - WBA - £6M

Billy Sharp - Sheff utd - £4M

Jack Hobbs - Liverpool - £1.5M

Andreas Granqvist - Wigan - £5M

Sergio Mota - Sao paulo - £7M

Tim Krul - Watford - £3M

Stephen Darby - Liverpool - £500K

Eduardo Ratinho - C0rinthians - £9M

Nick Montgomery - Sheff utd - £2M

Rhys Murphy - Arsenal - £5M

Stewart Downing - Pompy - £15M

Charlie Adam - Pompey - £5.5M

Jay Thomas - Arsenal - £250K

Kyle Bartley - Arsenal - £2M

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal - £1M

Dean Bouzanis - Liverpool - £6M

Rafael Forster - Flamengo - £3.5M

They were the main pick of the transfers, I may of paid over-the-odds for some of the players, but as i said the squad was in a terrible state, i was trying to buy the best i could.

Transfers OUT:

Lots of players released/sold, main players were:

Beye, Duff, Viduka, Garvan, Ledley, Boyce, Kightly, Koumas, Salder, Edu Draceha, Edgar, Al Ba

Sorry for doulbe post, it hit the post now button with out finishing my post.

Couintued - Transfers out:

Al Bangura, Given, & Mcfadden whos going to charlton in january for £7.5M.

I had to get rid of them players due to their wages, like given on 60K per week, he was sold to fulham for £1M.

Anyway, after a bight start to the season (season three) i have sufferd a blip in form, conceding all the time, and drawing a lot.

I play a 442 system, and need some central midfeilders with very good strength, please could anyone recomend any - i know it can bit hard as im 3 seasons in, but the best i could find who would join is Nick Montgomery lol.

I have £51M left for transfers, so money not a problem, £625K under the wage budget, now i got rid of the high earners.

But i have to qualifer for the euro cup within three season, so the board say, so yeah if anyone could recommend any players/ and/or advise me on tactics - why i conceding to many goals against week teams etc? - could it be the because its a whole new team the need time to gel?

Thanks for reading.

So im going to start Again As Newcastle.

i was looking at posts since my last thread and somone had posted Steven Taylor at 25 and his tackling and Marking havent gone up. icon_confused.gif

has anyone got a screen shot of him at maybe 28 or can tell me he will improve?

also in my last game kompany was prone to injuries so im looking for a diff CB then him.

can somone tell me how they got rid of Duff as i could never offload him. icon_cool.gif

I promised Euro qualification and got 44 million pounds.

I bought:

Lloris -- 15 million (!)

Fernandes -- 11 million

Srna -- 9.5 million

Baidwhotshisname (The French defender) -- 5 million

Samba -- 2 million

And that was all my money gone. Scary.

Playing as NUFC without the patch. Got van der vaart, banega and samba. Tried the 442 diamond attacking formation, combined with the 262 theory and it is working a treat. I'm 3rd in my first season behind Man United and Chelsea. Thanks to all those geniuses who pointed me in the right direction.

Every single time I score from a corner the goal is disallowed for a foul. Anyone else found this? Is it fixed by the patch?

Playing as the magpies in the third season and playing without the patch

approaching the january transfer market

here's my team

GK given/enyeama

DR faye/geremi

DC zapata/vidal

DC taylor/samba

DL enrique/vidal

DM mascherano/barton

ML zogbia/aaritalo

MR milner/nakamura

AMC matias/jimenez

FC caroll/martins (both awesome)

ST owen/smith

where can I improve the team and suggestions

Money no object.

After finishing first season 5th plus League Cup, need to buy a decent right-back. Had Belletti on loan for first season, did well, but Chelsea want £5m and he's nearly 32. Got £40 mill to spend but Inter are after Micah Richards and doubt I'd get him plus Daniel Alves already gone... Any ideas? Cheers

Hey all

Started a game with my 2nd favourite team in EPL.

Always made a game with Toon in all Fm`s icon_smile.gif

I consider myself a very skillfull trader :p

After moving players around i got this awsome team together. Also replaced most of the coaches so i got 5x 7 stars etc..etc..got Nanni as Psycho

With 5-0-1 im at the top of the table. Using an interesting tactic that i did myself and ofc NOT using corner cheats.

Here is the team:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4829/firstteaman2.jpg

Ins:

Arashvin, VanDVaart, Pitti, Kalouda, Zapata, Aurelio and Tymouschouk

OUT: Viduka, Smith, Tozer, Butt, Enrique, Forster, Duff, Edgar, Ameobi, Zablera, Casapa, Soderberg, Harper, Geremi and a bounch of youngsters.

I've been sacked by Ashley after the strangest season ever. I was top of the league unitl February and then got deducted ten points and only won 2 games for the rest of the season. I ended up finishing 15th but I had got into the CL final. I lost 5-2 against spurs on the last day and got sacked by Ashley. A week before the final! To add insult to injury nufc won the cl with eastick. And then when I took over at Palermo Van Nistelrooy turned me down to go to newcastle. Oh, well at least I have Cavani at Palermo!

Recently started a game with my hearts-fondest Newcastle...

my.php?image=06222008131625bh4.jpg

06222008125826fp4.jpg

As in real life I feel I need a new CB and cover in defence. i can't give away the likes of Geremi and other deadweight.

Thoughts?

06222008131117fq1.jpg

06222008130932dw3.jpg

06222008131157lv9.jpg

nihat is wasted in midfield imo, that and you'd need another centre back

but apart from that, your tactics look different at least and they seem to be working well icon14.gif

and it's great to see you've got owen firing icon_biggrin.gif

how much budget have you got left?

guessing your on 8.0.2 patch btw?

Thanks for the super quick reply. icon_cool.gif

I have 5 mil in Transfers, but I'm hoping to raise another 3-5 in sales in January.

I sometimes play Nihat on the right of the three strikers with Barton replacing him in midfield and either Arshavin or Farfan rested, depends from game to game really.

snowballnufc

Get Jefferson Farfan (round about 7m maybe cheaper) for the wing

Christopher Samba CB (2million maybe a bit more)

Jeremy Menez left wing.

van der vaart am definitely.

Try for Fred CF.

iv just started a newcastle save and so far i havnt sold anyone and have brought in samba, makoun, defour, jeremy menez and somehow managed to get modric, he rejected chelsea and ac milan

now my team is

gk: given

CB: samba

CB: taylor

RB: beye

LB: enrique

CM: makoun

CM: defour

RM: menez

LM: n'zogbia

AMC: modric

ST: martins or owen

any suggestions for my team

are taylor and beye good enought o start and who is better owen or martins

i have 16 million left and have excess players to sell:smith, butt, ameobi, viduka, cacapa etc

thanks

was thinkin of selling martins if the right offer comes in and signing a younger player as back up to owen and modric

can anyone suggest a right back who would do a better job than beye, or is he good enough for a title challenging team

ok, i'm in my third season as NUFC.

playing 442 diamond attacking and enjoying some success...

season 1 - finished 3rd

season 2 - finished 6th but won league cup

my team is good and beats all but the big four. what do i need to do to start challenging for the title?

team is...

GK - given

DR - faye / leyrielton

DL - goncalves / enrique

DC - samba / david

DC - taylor / kaboul

DMC - makoun / banega

MR - milner

ML - modric / nzobgia

AMC - van der vaart / aguero

FC - owen

FC - martins

is it just a question of getting better players or can you beat arsenal, utd, chelsea and liverpool by clever tactics?

it is both, milner in my opinion is not good enough for a title challenge and im not sure if your defence is strong enough. i dont think faye is the best left back and you centre backs arent the quickest.

so id sign a good right back and a good right mid

i also find that against the big 4 a diamond midfield struggles because its hard to dominate, i tend to play a denfensive mid and 2 centre mids with 2 wingers and a lone striker, iv managed to draw with united, beat liverpool, arsenal and chelsea

its easy to beat chelsea, just use the chelsea bug

i love managing newcastle!!!

if you guarantee a title challenge then you cannot fail with the amount of money and players you start with, im just coming towards the end of the first season

i win the league cup, although some very hard fought games, needed extra time against bolton, then penalty shootout against reading, won on away goals against arsenal and then went to extra time in the final with man u, but won 3-1

im also in the final of the fa cup, had a very easy run, the only top 8 team iv faced was chelsea and they are easy to beat.

im top of the league by 10 points with 5 games left

anyone who wants a new game should try newcastle, its impossible to fail

Hi People I can't believe how well you are doing with Newcastle so I wanted to try myself.

Transfers in:

Van Der Vaart

Nihat

Samba

Could anyone recommend more signings and who I should get rid off.

wel i play with a normal back 4, 3 centre mids and 2 wingers a lone striker.

at the star of the season i signed makoun, samba, menez, modric, yobo, hoyte(loan) and defour

van der vaart is a great centre mid and nihat is great anywhere in attack so i would reccomend signing another defender and hoyte on loan and then try to sign another midfielder or winger depending on funds

get rid of: emre, butt, cacapa, carr, ramage

then play the likes of n'zogbia and milner and enrique and there price will shoot up, i sold those 3 in january and with only that transfer money i brought in farfan, pasanen, pander and riquelme

Originally posted by soulzNUFC:

Hi People I can't believe how well you are doing with Newcastle so I wanted to try myself.

Transfers in:

Van Der Vaart

Nihat

Samba

Could anyone recommend more signings and who I should get rid off.

get rid of the high earning fringe players like duff, viduka, emre, butt, ameobi

get arshavin and samba

So what on earth has happened to Owen? He's scored one goal in 15 games and is averaging 6.46. Martins has 20 goals in the same time. I have a lone striker up front with instructions to play to feet.

Archived