FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In mid December now and still 4th, although 5 points behind utd and arsenal who both have a game in hand. My downfall has been my own fault, at the start of the season the only position i didn't really strengthen was GK although i had Kirkland lined up. Given has been out for the last 10 games and is still out for 2 weeks, so Harper has had to play, we have crashed out of League cup at utd 4-3, lost 3-2 at spurs and drew 2-2 at cardiff. On the plus note we have qualified from the uefa cup group with a game to spare.

This Guilheme lad, he's at HSV on my game, will he get a work permit? As i'm lining him up in Jan to replace Owen.

Second season in and it's started very well, a good balance to the side.

GK Given/Darley

DR Rafinha/Beye/Abenzoar

DL Enrique

DC Kompany/Schmitz/Nordveit

DC Taylor/Jin-yoo/Van Der wiel

DMC Makoun/Sivok/Kobiashvili/Barton

MC Jimenez/Barton/Emre

MC Fernandez/Duff/Skjelbred

FC Owen/Wijnaldum

FC Huntelaar

FC Martins/Leonardo

Getting bruno teles (DL) and looking for another backup target man, still have viduka in reserves. Also want to bring in a few more youngsters for the future.

i am really envying you guys, why is it that i could not keep steven taylor in the club!! ashley just have to accept the bids that are "unexceptional".. shakey, guilherme will get a work permit, saw in alot of other threads that they normally get this kid in their EPL clubs. get him, but why would you want to replace owen when he is world class?

Update:

Up to 2nd after 18 games.

Martins has come out of his 15 hour goal shy drought.

Nothing spectacular to report , just a good all round team performance.

Huntelaar isn't firing them in but is also playing his part with a few assists here and there.

Taylor and Kompany are rocks at the back with Makoun sitting and doing a job in front of them.

More to follow......

Start of second season on the 8.02 patch

Squad

GK Lloris/Enyeamea

DC: Samba

DC: Taylor

WBR: Beye

WBL: Enrique

MC: Barton/Diouf

MC: Piatti

MC: Milner

AMC: Matias Fernandez

FC: Guilherme

FC: Love/Martins

I have £11,735.00 to spend on transfers

Riddle

if you decide to overhaul the squad for the long term, i reckon selling martins as he always get good offers coming, he might be amazing in some games but he can come out worst in some. imho, i would rather get a consistent out to out striker than risk trusting martins upfront, so for a new newcastle game, i think you should look into these area. Defence, AMC/MC, FC.

Goalkeeper-wise i feel given can do a good job for a year or 2, in defence, i feel that only taylor is up to standard and enrique isn't living up to his reputation in the game. beye is good i think you should keep him. in my save i kept all 4 of them and concentrated on my attack, but regreted big time as i was the most vulnerable team leaking the most in the league but scoring the most too. ok attacking wise. most people will go for van der vaart, i reckon you do so, he really can weave magic as most players will rely on him as he is the most technically gifted in the team if you manage to buy him. on the wings you might want to get someone too. matias fernandez?

if you do not really have alot of money to spend on, you can actually save on your attacking buys, as you might be in luck with martins on firing form and michael owen which is class in my game. anyway newcastle weak point in this game is about their defence, so if you want to strengthen, buy good defenders and maybe like me, get a class keeper as well, KEEP THE GOALS OUT!

Originally posted by Riddle:

ok i have decided to start a Newcastle save and im on 8.02 and ideas on who to buy sell?

You need another DC, DMC, FORWARD (TARGET MAN) And a young backup goalkeeper until Given goes.

To add to mikmikmik, martins if you play him right is a genius in front of goal, the otherside is that he can go 15 hours without scoring (yes....lol)

Taylor is a rock at the back, Beye and Enrique are good full backs but will need replacing, he struggles against quick wingers.

Couple of creative Mids are needed, Luis Jimenez and Fernandez are quality. There are plenty of others.

i never attempt to play him right as i had a great offer at the start of my 1st season, 27 million euros straight cash and Mark Bresciano as part exchange. with this kind of deal i could not resist, he was a pioneer in my world conquering newcastle team icon_biggrin.gif i meant mark btw

thanks mikmikmik, i did post my line up on page 10 and said the reason i need to replace owen is i'm in season two and i've been offering Owen amazing contracts but he wants to leave, i even got Baldini in as coach on his recommendation, Appiah is also stated he is unhappy with Owen. Just got to January trying to sign Guilheme to compete with Martins and will try and get some money for Owen before he leves for free. The problem is Owen is on fire at the moment, scoring every game.

Anyone asking about steve taylor, he's been a rock for me but i've retrained him to play rb, he even gets in the england team at rb now. Enrique wasn't brillient 1st season but has been awesome in 2nd, remember he is only young and improving.

I done it! first season and I won the prem all though the last couple of game it was nail biting stuff. It all came down to the last game against Everton. Was 3-0 and won it in the end 3-2, Newcastle never make things easy!! But won the league 4 points in front of Man Utd now to Europe!

premdiv110508hd2.th.png]premdiv110508hd2.th.png[/url]

squad120508wz1.th.jpg

transfers12508gq3.th.jpg

sweet, vdv scoring 30 over the season, that is something my vdv did not do. vdv contribute juz 20 so so goals per season, what tactic did you use? care to share amd maybe we can perfect it and have vdv & the strikers banging in goals!

Im into my 3rd season and i retrained Charles N'zogbia to be a striker as martins will be out soon and micheal owen is getting injuries every 4 match and i have given him 2 starts as striker and hes scored a brace in a 2-1 win and a 3-0 win.

Where can i improve on this Newcastle team of season 2011 - 2012 please help me icon_smile.gif

GK - Shay Given

DR - Carlos diogo

DL - Guilherme / Tohmas Vermaelen

DC - Robert Huth / Krystian Pearce

DC - Steven Taylor / Tohmas Vermaelen

DM - lassan diarra

MR - David Bently

ML - Maxi Rodiguez / Jefferson Farfan

AMC - Joes Antonio Reyes / Toni Kroos

AMC - Kim Kallstrom / Salomon Kalou

FC - Bogdan Stancu / Michael Owen

if you guys have time, go around scouting for players because i feel whenever you ask for any defenders advice or whatsoever, you always get the same reply, why not try something different and go scout around. i found alot of players, most are young and they have the ups in the important areas for a defenders. stats i feel that you should look out for a defender are ( heading, marking, tackling, teamwork, workrate, its good if you can find one with good composure as well, acceleration ( this is impt if you are up against a team with fast n strong strikers, strength, jumping ) maybe this information are propably something you have already knew but anyway, there is not really alot of defenders with all of the above but i always look out for potential one and train them up with special training workout for them.

just a tip.. just a tip.. and its only for those who have alot of time to spare.. using player search isn't the 100% way of doing it, i dun use genie scout or whatever, i just have passion for this game that im willing to spend time to go find gems. go to every country's league, go around their clubs to search for potential ones.. i tried to unmask attributes at the start of the game but it wun work either as some players dosent even show their stats especially those from south america.. scout them scout them and scout them and you can find those kind of young stars that you can buy for cheap and they will turn out well.. and even if they don't, you can still make a profit out of them..

titley100

what patch you're on ? how much money do you have?

but what i think is that, maybe you want to have a change of your goalkeeper, maybe i hadn't have luck with him as he concedes more than the number of matches he plays and is not someone i can trust on between the poles. i took marco amelia in as he is steady, not the eccentric type but is one who is very stable.. like the current goalkeeper petr cech or van der sar IRL. i mean those type. and i bought a young keeper Joao Carlos and train him up to one day take over Marco. i would not keeper bentley either, i do not see him as a type who can produce the goods (assist & goals) for your team, unless he is well developed in your game. i rather get other kind of players like sergio mota, giles barnes, who can kick ass.

Originally posted by mikmikmik:

sweet, vdv scoring 30 over the season, that is something my vdv did not do. vdv contribute juz 20 so so goals per season, what tactic did you use? care to share amd maybe we can perfect it and have vdv & the strikers banging in goals!

Yeah, I was well happy with VDV he did so well. The problem is now trying to keep hold of the players I have now got Inter, Milan, R. Madrid and Barc all after Kompany. Taylor, VDV etc its very annoying!!

If you want I can send you an email with the tactics attached would that be cool with you?

lol, if you lead your team to more championships, i'll doubt they leave, but if it is a good offer, i reckon you make a profit out of them if they are ageing.. vdv is already 30 in mine but i keep him all the way to tutor the kids.. lol

lol, if you lead your team to more championships, i'll doubt they leave, but if it is a good offer, i reckon you make a profit out of them if they are ageing.. vdv is already 30 in mine but i keep him all the way to tutor the kids.. lol

Well I want to try and keep this team together as much as I can and build on it. vdv is only 25 in mind but I am eying up Anderson as a replacement.

good deal, anderson is good but i never got my hands in him, i went for marik hamsik, a regen name dossena and thiago the barcelona youngster, they developed into a class that outshines vdv already but im still playing vdv because he is the captain icon_biggrin.gif

good deal, anderson is good but i never got my hands in him, i went for marik hamsik, a regen name dossena and thiago the barcelona youngster, they developed into a class that outshines vdv already but im still playing vdv because he is the captain icon_biggrin.gif

Great I won the league and what do I get 39 Mil got Ashley is a stingy Jew!!

How can I get decent player with that argh!! icon_mad.gif

I have had an up and down season. Its not yet finished but i think 5th should be in the bag. When I started the game i won a couple of games but den things went wrong at bout november. tryed different tactics. then i settled on the tactic that they use in the league in real life. 433. with joey barton as DMC. its working more often than not. Martins is a joke. I dont know how to make him tick. So up front i have Owen..Almeida(he is class)..Guilherme(he is a good prospect) Another thing i have noticied is the fact that the defence is actually really bad. do not let the stats of Beye or Jose Enrique or Cacapa fool you. They areb all really bad. I had to buy new defenders in January when i noticed that i couldn't keep a cleansheet at all. even when given was playing like a beast. I got Ben Haim(6m..You mite get him for cheaper coz chelsea dont want him) Stephen warnock(does his job as he is meant to) Nicky Hunt(same as Warnock). I am wondering if they are any better MC's than emre. He is alrite but i want someone who can partner van der vaart. Otherwise if anyone uses my tactic, what do you do for player instructions/team instructions. and any other good players?

lol, its all happening to everybody who played newcastle and was trying to work with the defence brought in by sam. anyway, i feel you shld play 2 dms.. but joey barton as a dm, its not really good in the game i feel.. definitely not as good at now IRL but i think you can get another real DM who can really tackle the hell out of oppositions might do a trick, i'll try bodmer, he can play in defence either, a gd versatile player but the oni thing im not sure whether he will wan to be in newcastle or not

Second Season Review

1st Season Finish - 7th

2nd Season Finish - 4th

Champions League Football Is Ever Nearer.

Top Scorers (All Comps):

Michael Owen - 19

Huntelaar - 17

Transfers:

Biggest Fee Recieved (Nihat - £21m)

http://img59950.pictiger.com/images/15351162/

Biggest Win (League): 4 - 0 (Charlton FA Cup)

Best Win (Personal Favourite): 1 - 0 vs Chelsea (Away)

Highest Rating: Matias Fernandez (7.23)

Current Formation: 4-1-2-3

Working Well!

Season 3 Objectives:

To Finish in CL Position again

Bring through some of the youngsters bought in first season (Wijnaldum, Schorch, Opare, Vandum)

Players likely to sell:

Martins

Carroll

Alot of the 30+ Players( Kobiashvilli, Beye, Emre, Cacapa etc)

Jack Edwards

Thanks, Crouch is already injured. Walcott scored in the friendly away to Real Madrid!

Quite glad i sold Martins now for £8m to Villa. They've bought N'zogbia also for £9m.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi considering Newcastle as it looks a no bad game. Can anyone tell me who to sign, who to sell and what tactics work best. BTW I'm on patch 8.0.2.

Thanks in advance.

Mate i've tried the Newcastle game a few times now, only had success recently, you will need to look for imo:

Target Striker (Huntelaar etc)

DC ( 2 if you have enough) (Kompany etc)

DMC (Makoun/Diarra)

Try playing a 433 ( Flat 4 , 1 DMC, 2 MC , 2 WINGERS and Target Striker)

You can easily get another £16-£20m from selling Martins, N'Zogbia (although others have got great sucess from him)

Good Luck

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Target Striker (Huntelaar etc)

Would Hesselink br good enough there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i've never had him, but i imagine he's going to be cheaper than huntelaar as well.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2402/amazingqk0.jpg

This is why we all love this game!

I thought my luck had gone when Owen went in two footed on Clichy then to lose Barton to a stupid "elbow" to Fabregas! icon_biggrin.gif

I've just changed my formation as well, Although formations went out the window in this one!

Archived