[FM10] Man United - The English Experiance

Scalamunger

For the original idea behind this challenge see this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/196830-The-Re-Anglicisation-Of-Manchester-United/page1

I decide to take this challenge on mysefl with a slight modification to the rules

I am allowed to sign English palyers from anywhere in the world

Can pay as little/much as i am allowed for any english players

I Am Also using a modified database with all the 10/11 transfer / team / division updates

A side note is that i won't be as detailed with my updates as Spav, as i will probs post results every 10 games or so and note standout performances and such.

Having already started this challenge i shall provide my current Team, and Transfers Coming and Going up to current date (August 8th 2009 )

Transfers IN

Player Name - Position - Club From - Transfer Fee (Millions £)

Green, Rob GK West Ham 11.5 M

Osman, Leon AMRLC Everton 7 M

Taylor, Matty WBL Bolton 9.5 M

Cahill, Gary DC Bolton 12.5 M

Shawcross, Ryan DC Stoke 12.75

Young, Ashley AMRLC/FC Aston Villa 30.5 M

Rodwell, Jack DC/DM/MC Everton 13.5 M

Cole, Carlton FC West Ham 12 M

Noble, Mark MC West Ham 8 M

Gibbs, Keiron DWBL Arsenal 23.8 M

Stockdale, David GK Fulham 3.4 M

Jones, Phil DRC Blackburn 5 M

Rose, Danny AML Tottenham 3 M

Downing Stuart AML Aston Villa 17 M

Total Spending so far = 169.45 M

Transfers OUT

Player Name Club To - Transfer Fee (Millions £)

Devlin, Conor Free Free

Gill, Oliver Free Free

Dudgeon, Joe Free Free

Ajose, Nicky QPR Free

Norwood, Oliver Free Free

Brady, Robbie Fulham Free

Bebe Southampton LOAN

Evra, Patrice A.C. Milan 17M

Nani Inter 11M

Kuszczak, Tomasz Stuttgart 3.5M

Bebatov, Dimitar Barcelona 15M

Evans, Corey Millwall 1M

O'shea, John Athletico Madrid 5M

Macheda, Federico Genoa 4.5M

Park Ji Sung Barcelona 6M

De Laet, Ritchie Palermo 2M

Gibson, Darren Porto 5M

Evans, Johnny Valencia 7.5M

Eikram, Magnus Fiorentina 1M

Petrucci, Davide Lazio 1.5M

Anderson Chelsea 8.5M

Vermijl, Marnic Olmypic Marseille Free

Rafael West Brom 4M

Chicarito Udinese LN Fee 450k

Obertan, Gabriel Middlesbrough LOAN

Fabio Aston VIlla 3.8M

Mcginty, Sean Free Free

Fletcher, Darren Chelsea 9M

Valencia, Antonio Chelsea 16.5

Vidic, Nemanja Olympic Marseille LN Fee 2M

Total Received so far = 124.25 M

This Makes my current squad look like this going into 9th August to play Chelsea in Community Sheild

Goal Keepers

Amos, Ben

Green, Rob

Stockdale, David

Defenders

Brown, Wes DRC

Jones, Phil DRC

Neville, Gary DR

Cahill, Gary DC

Shawcross, Ryan DC

Ferdinand, Rio DC

Smalling, Chris DC

Rodwell, Jack DC/DM/MC

Gibbs, Kieran D/WB/AML

Taylor Matty WB/ML

Midfielders

Carrick, Michael DM/MC

Hargreaves, Owen DM/MC

Noble, Mark MC

Scholes, Paul MC

Cleverley, Tom AMRLC

Osman, Leon AMRLC

Young, Ashley AMRLC/FC

Downing, Stuart AML

Rose, Danny AML

Forwards

Rooney, Wayne FC

Cole, Carlton ST

Owen, Michael, ST

Welbeck, Danny ST

With only 17 million left for funds my priority is another young striker, just in case.

Going into the Community Shield i decide to go with a 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 Wide Formation

I Lined up likes this

Green

Brown, Ferdinand Shawcross Gibbs

Hargraves, Noble, Carrick

Young Downing

Rooney

Subs - Amos, Jones, Taylor(45, Gibbs), Rodwell, Cleverley(45 Downing), Cole(68 Brown), Owen

Chelsea Set Out with a straight forward 4 - 4 - 2 looking like this

Turnbull

Ivanovic, Gamberini , Terry, Cole

Valencia Essien Lampard Kalou

Drogba, Anelka

Subs- Boucher, Ramires, Anderson(90 Essien), Hanke(90 Drogba), Ferreira (75 Gamberini), Fletcher(65 Kalou), Zhirkov (60 Valencia)

It was a close match with both teams having spells of dominance, Man United dominated posession in the first half and Wayne Rooney squandered a host of chances, several of which looked like sure goals for him to tuck away however United wastefulness continued and they went into half time 0 - 0.

The 2nd half was a different story as Chelsea came out and made there intentions clear with several shots hitting hte woodwork and only a goal line clearnece from Ferdinand on 65 minutes kept the score 0 - 0 Until the 70th Minute when United broke away in a move which ended with Wayne Rooney, rifiling the ball home to make it 1-0 United. After the goal chelsea continued to dominate but couldnt find a way through the battered but resiliant Man United Defence, with Hargreaves covering at right back with Brown off injured and now ferdinand with a knock.

Man united held on to claim the first silverware of the season and claimed a vital good start for an all English playing staff at Manchester United.

Full Time

Man United 1 - 0 Chelsea

Actually, for the original idea behind Spav's original idea, check out the Lisbon Lions Challenge or any of the many variations on the theme that have appeared here since. But maybe I shouldn't be pedantic :D

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the challenge :)

With the transfer window now closed, i was still quite active in the transfer market getting in some backup players to tide me over throughout the season.

7 more foreign youth players were allowed to go and try to find new clubs where they could continue there development.

At the end of the last update i had just over 17 million left to spend, so i thought very carefully about how to structure the outgoings. After some hard deliberation i decided to spread some deals over 48 months, balancing out the vastly reduced wage bill with the extra payments over the next 4 years. So therefore i bought in the following players

Jamie O'Hara - Tottenham - 3 Million

Steve Harper - Newcastle - 2 Million + 8million after 30 appearences

Ryan Taylor - Newcastle - 2 Million + 3 Million over 12 Months

Sol Campbell - Newcastle - 1.1 Million

Tom Huddlestone - 5 Million + 10 Million Over 48 Months, + 1.5 million after 20 appearences.

With the arrival of Steve Harper i decided to let Stockdale and Amos go out on loan, Amos for free with a recall clause to Bristol Rovers and Stockdale for a fee of 250k to Newcastle as Cover.

Results for August

Blackpool vs Man United - Final Score 0(0) -(1) 3. Hargreaves, Cole x2 -

A half time switch with Cole coming on for Rooney proved to be a master stroke when Cole score his first and 2nd goals for the club within 20 minutes of being on the pitch, giving a nice look to the scoreline to a match that was dominated by Man United from start to finish. Hargreaves opener was a sight to behold with a 25 yard free kick flying into the top corner. Several players made there debuts in this match including, Michael Owen, Rob Green, Matthew Taylor, Ashley Young and Stuart Downing as well as others. Matty Taylor also missed a penalty late in the first half.

Man United vs Blackburn - Final Score (3)3 - 1(1) Downing, Rooney x2 ----- El Hadj Diouf

More debutants in this match, Jack Rodwell and Leon Osman started the match with Carrick and Scholes still out injured with Danny Rose making his debut from the bench. It was a tight affair for the first 20 minutes before an incisive pass from Leon Osman found rooney clear in the box to slam home his first of the season. Unfortunatly Blackburn responded almost instantly when El hadj Diouf escaped Shawcross to hit home. Blackburn soon had the ball in the net again but it was ruled out for offside, it was tight but replays show the officials got it right.

Man United then went back ahead on the 39th minute when Rooneys square ball was missed by Robinson and left Downing with a tap in to an empty net for his first goal for the club. Only 2 minutes later Man United were 2 goals clear when rooney volleyed home was a corner kick. Half time was soon after with the scores 3 - 1

The second half was a much more tepid affair with neither team looking like they wanted more goals and it petered out to finish 3 - 1.

West Brom vs Man United - Final Score 2(1) - (1)4 Fortune, Olsson ---- Rooney, Rodwell, M.Taylor(P), Osman

With Huddlestone and Ryan Taylor making their debuts and Cahill making his first start Man United made a few cahnges going into the away fixture at the Hawthornes and it definitly showed in the first half with West Brom taking the lead through Antoine Fortune, spinnign Cahill to smash home low past Green. However Man United began to gel and Rooney slotted homet he equaliser just before half time.

At Half time Man United came out with 3 fresh faces Cahill, Downing and Young all made way as they switched toa diamond formation bringing on Shawcross, Cole and Osman. the changes were noticable immedietly as within 2 minutes of the restart Man United took the lead through Jack Rodwell after a delicious team move. What aws not in the script however was a West Brom equaliser as Jonas Olsson put the ball away.

10 minutes later and Rooney was sent tumbling in the box and a penalty was awarded with Matty Taylor cooly stepped up and slotted home putting his miss earlier i nthe season behind him. The match was finally put to bed when Leon Osman tapped in a suplime pass from Hargreaves to make it 4.

Going into September we maintain our 100% record Scoring 10 goals conceding 3, sitting top of the league as only 1 of 2 teams with 9 points the other being Newcastle whos goal difference is 0 and having played a game more.

Stoke and Tottenham hold 3rd and 4th whilst Blackpool, Wolves and Birmingham sit in the relegation places. It's also worth noting Liverpool and Man City have 3 points a peace having only played a single game each.

In transfer news, Alex Smithies and Scott Loach will be joining on the 1st July 2010 for 1M and 3.2M respectively.

Danny Rose has also left for Brighton on loan for 3 months and Gabriel Obertan has had a transfer arranged to Man City for 5 Million in January when his loan at middlesbrough ends.

September Results

Man United 3 - 0 Tottenham -- King O.G, Huddlestone, Hargreaves.

Green, Brown, Ferdinand, Shawcross, Gibbs,Scholes(Osman), Hargreaves, Huddlestone(Rodwell),Young,Downing,Rooney (C.Cole)

Man United 2 - 1 Wigan -- Rooney x2

Green, Brown, Cahill, Shawcross, Gibbs, Huddlestone, Hargreaves, Noble(Rodwell), Osman(Cleverley), Downing, Rooney(C.Cole)

Man United 5 - 2 Rubin -- Rooney x3, Carrick, Cole.

Green, R,Taylor, S.Campbell, Shawcross(Smalling), M.Taylor,Cleverly, Hagreaves,Osman(Scholes), Carrick,Rose Cole(Rooney)

Sunderland 3 - 1 Man United -- Rooney

Green, Brown, Ferdinand, Shawcross, Taylor(Downing), Rodwell (Hargreaves), Huddlestone, Osman, Young(Cole), Gibbs, Rooney

Wolves 4 - 4 Man United (4-5 On Penalties) -- Cole, Welbeck, Rooney x2

Harper, R.Taylor, Smalling, Campbell(P.Jones), M.Taylor, Huddlestone, Rodwell, Cleverley(Hargreaves), Osman(Rooney),Cole, Welbeck

Man United 2 - 1 Chelsea -- Rooney, Osman

Green, Brown, Gibbs, Ferdinand, Shawcross, Carrick, Hargreaves, Scholes(Rodwell), Downing(Osman), Young, Rooney

Basel 0 - 3 Man United -- Rooney X3

Green, Brown, Gibbs, Ferdinand, Shawcross, Carrick, Hargreaves, Huddlestone(Rodwell), Young(Taylor), Downing,(Osman), Rooney

A Second manager of the month award for 3 wins and a loss was handed to me on October 1st the Top and bottom 4 of the table stands like this

Man United - Playerd 7 - Points 18

Man City - Played 5 - Points 13

Stoke City - Played 7 - Points 13

Chelsea - Played 7 - Points 13

West Brom - Played 7 - Points 5

West Ham - Played 7 - Points 4

Wolves - Played 6 - Points 4

Blackpool - Played 7 - Points 3

Rooney has 16 goals in 11 appearences so far this season.

Then I should make this suggestion ... if you don't have the time to make the post you plan, then wait to post until you do. We aren't going to bite.

It's just that in the FMS forum, we do need a story element. The Career Forum has some great stuff in it -- it all depends on what you want to say. PM me when you know what you want to do, okay?

Archived