Screwed up Stadium name, now can't find it in FMRTE.

billybobertson

I had a stadium named after me, but "Bob Field" sounded stupid so I went in to change the name.

Somehow the name got saved as blank. In the game it shows up as blank and in FMRTE it shows up as blank.

The problem is that I can't look it up in FMRTE to change it now.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

I think a few people have had this problem after changing stadium names with FMRTE, so i wouldn't recommend doing it with FMRTE.

There is a way to fix your problem and change Stadiums name without FMRTE.

Assuming you started your game with the latest update, go to:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\lnc\all

Either open fake.lnc or make a new file in notepad saved as .lnc.

Add this line:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 53042561 "New Stadium Name" ""

Where the number is, you put the Unique ID number of your stadium (stadium id) found in fmrte, and change "New Stadium Name" to what ever you want your stadium to be named.

You will need to restart FM for the changes to take effect.

Now there is a way to find out the Unique Id number of your stadium, if you just leave the search box empty on FMRTE and press enter it will bring up a load of results, click on stadiums and scroll down near the bottom and you will see a stadium with a blank name.

If there is more than one stadium with a blank name, just check the capacity's of the stadiums and the one with the same capacity as your Stadium, will be yours. :thup:

Archived