[FM10] Luton Town, back to the Football League!

Jord @S

very much based on Luton Town's version of this career.

lutontownq.gif

FM Version: 10.0.3

Database Size: Large (Approx. 46k player count)

Leagues Loaded: 21 from 9 Nations: England (Blue Square North/South and above), France (Ligue 2 and above), Germany (First Division Only), Holland (Jupiler League and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Portugal (Liga Sagres Only), Scotland (Third Divison and above), Spain (Liga Adelante, USA (MLS Only)

Why Luton? As a fan of the club I want to take my hometown team back to where the belong (in my opinion anyway) ... The Football League!

Luton Town Club Information

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1885

Chairman Status: Enjoying Life at the club

Legends: Mick Harford

Icons: Brian Stein,Ricky Hill, David Pleat

Favoured Personnel: Kevin Nicholls, Steve Foster, Keith Keane

Fierce Rivals: Watford

Other Rivals: MK Dons, QPR

Squad Personality: Loyal

Captain: Kevin Nicholls

Vice Captain: Keith Keane

League: Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 1st

Transfer Budget: £0 Wage Budget: £23,000 p/w

Finances: Okay

Stadium: Kenilworth Road, 10,300 all-seater

Season Ticket Holders: 4000

Estimated Value: 1.1M

Pre-Season

Luton Town 2 - 4 Bristol Rovers

We started off brilliantly, controlling the game and going two nil up via Claude Gnakpa and Tom Craddock and then we were outplayed by better opposition. Next to Kenilworth Road are Liverpool :)

We then brought in Ibrahim Sissoko, a strong midfielder who is a bit like Nicholls, but hopefully will improve with age. We also managed to get 2 left wingers in on loan; Ian Morris from Scunthorpe on a 3 month loan and Rocky Lekaj from Sheffield Wednesday 'til the end of the season.

Luton Town 0 - 2 Liverpool

A great, brave performance by my lads going in at half time 0-0, and then although we didn't have that much attacking play it was still a great effort by my team. Now bring on Chelsea :). An attendance of 10,166 and a television appearance should boost our finances hopefully.

Downside though, Claude Gnakpa out for 7-8 months with a broken leg.

And while bringing in a few trialists, I have also signed Emexca Orwubiko, a young nigerian who my scouts said had potential and I trust their judgement.

Luton Town 1 - 6 Chelsea

Well what can I say. We were outplayed 1st half being 3-0 down and didn't have any attacking threats like against Liverpool. We then played a bit better and Jake Howells got a goal to make it 4-1. This was really the Drogba show, he scored 5 of their goals but hopefully the attendance of 7356 and the fact that this match was also televised will boost our finances.

We have now secured the signings of Claus Jorgensen, even if he is aging he still looks a good playmaker for us. Josh Knight, a young striker who has potential and Jason Jarrett, a good, defensive midfielder after he impressed on trial.

Macclesfield 3 - 2 Luton Town

A decent performance from the team apart from Adam Newton, who struggled at right-back. We were 2-0 down at half-time and on a very narrow pitch against a 5 man midfield I made our formation very narrow. We managed to get back into it with goals from Janos Kovacs and Ethmond Henriquez, who looked good up front with a trialist. They then retook the lead with a free-kick on 80 minutes.

Pre-Season thoughts

A dissapointing pre-season with a few positives. We have strength in depth now but they need to settle in the squad. The two matches against the Premier League teams I'm not worried about that much, I am actually quite pleased about the Liverpool one. We our strong in midfield but don't look to hot up front or at the back but hopefully once the team is gelled that will work out and it will be against easier oppostion.

Thanks, I've always been able to manage in the lower leagues but never with my hometown. Hope your save gets running again soon

Yeah so do I but for now im playing my other Luton save that is in 2061

Not a bad pre season just the Bristol rovers and the Macclesfield game let you down

Archived