[FM10] From ruins to riches, the story of a Journeyman.

danjs09

Okay so I'm just about to start my first propper career of the FM2010 game, my computer has been in repair status for nearly a year so i havent been able to play properly until now.

My game setup is as follows

Game Database: Large

Nations Selected: All

Managing: Unemployed

Game Start: 8 July 2009

Currently im unemployed and am looking for a job around the world somewhere. i will send some more information when i know where i am.

Okay so after a couple of weeks of scouting the job market trying to find a decent team, I have found one but it sets me quite a challenge,

Ive taken over at FC Chita, they currently sit bottom (19th) of the Russian First Divison, we've played 20 games out of 36 and I would really like to avoid relegation.

The transfer window opens in 4 days (1st August) so I will have a chance to impose my new regime,

Stay tuned.

----------

FM Stats

Managing: FC Chita

Game Date: 25th July 2009

Team Position: 19/19

Media Prediction: 18/19

Last Result:

2-1 (L)

So, the transfer window is now open and already I have stamped my mark. i've brought in the Ecuadorian goalkeeper who was out of contract after leaving his club in 2007

Cristian Mora, (I cant figure out how to get screenshots yet, so until I do you may want to search for him)

He is considered to be a very big coup for my squad and I am hoping that I can get him some more caps at international level and take him to the world cup.

so far I have made two more signings.

Acacio and Kobyalko both signed for a small fee around 20k each, Acacio is a brazillian right back / wingback and Kobyalko is a striker who was out of favour at his old club this season, last season in the same league as me he scored 31 goals in 36 games, this season he has 2 goals from 3 games and has warmed the bench up for most of the campaign.

I have very big hopes for them and hope that I can bring in some more faces. Andry Arshavin anyone??? :p

Cristian Mora? Good signing my friend, I remember signing him on a previous save and he did me proud!

Acacio and Kobyalko both look promising also! KUTGW and I can't wait for the next installment!

Also, get a job so you're not posting all the day time whilst I'm at work :p

I've already got a Job, but its in the evenings so this wont work very well :/

anyway i'm here to anounce my months fixtures from last month and also a couple of new transfer happenings.

So my first game in charge Vs Alania (8th). I cant say I was expecting much from this game, I had just taken over a team sat bottom of the league and hadn't had any chance to change the team around, lets call this one my 'game in the stands'

We got off to a good start going 1 up and by half time we were 2-1 to the good. I couldn't see why we were bottom of the league, we had played them off the park and we should have scored more. In the second half however things took a turn for the worse :( Alania came out fighting and with their wonderkid playmaker making an entrance at halftime he grabbed himself a Hat-trick and set up the last one and eventually we slumped to a 5-2 defeat.

Chita 2 - 5 Alania (H)

In my next game against Sibir (1st) I was expecting even less I still had no chance to change my squad and was looking forward to the looming transfer window, it started pretty badly after 24 minutes when sibr's top striker scored a wonderfully crafted move after rounding 2 defenders. by half time my team looked very tired but were still in it at 1-0 i made a couple of half time changes, bringing on a striker who was top goalscorer before suffering a fractured wrist. we started to get ourselves back into the match and by 90 minutes we should have been level, ultimately it took a controversial decision from the referee to award us a penalty and when my calm centre forward converted it, we had our first point of my reign.

Sibir 1 - 1 Chita (A)

After gaining my first point it was pretty much downhill from there, I cant remember the match much but we didn't start brightly, played poor throughout the first half and came out even worse after half time, by 60 minutes we were already 3 - 0 down and didn't look like getting back, after we missed a penalty and then had a goal dissalowed I knew we were going to lose, eventually slumping to a 5 - 0 defeat.

Chita 0 - 5 Anzhi (H)

Finally, the transfer window has opened and I can change my team around my first signing went straight into the first 11 (Cristian Mora) and had a good solid performance in goal, admittedly he let in the goal that gifted them 3 points, but I'm more inclined to blame the lack of creativity from my two strikers who had more than enough oppurtunities to score.

Nosta 1 - 0 Chita (A)

A couple more of my changes were added to my squad for this one (Acacio and Kobyalko) and both made a bright start to the match, after 15 minutes, Mora had already saved a penalty, Acacio had hit the bar with a long range effort and Kobyalko had a shot ruled out for offside.

46 minutes in and just after the restart we were behind again, this one hurt the most, we were playing in a must win match against the team 1 place and 3 points ahead. after Mora was beaten at the near post from a corner, we changed to a more attacking formation and went in search of a goal. it came, in the 85th minute Kobyalko stepped up to the mark on his debut and calmly headed in from a corner and we salvaged a point.

Chita 1 - 1 Volgar (H)

and finally, the last game in august came against Luch (4th) I wasn't expecting too much from this game and despite the scoreline walked out of this one in quite a good mood, we had put up a good fight for most of the game and despite two penalties and a sending off we should have won.

26 minutes into the game and my experienced centre back was cautioned for handball and this was penalty number 1, Goal. 1 - 0 half an hour later and after I had muttered my words of wisdom at half time and Luch doubled there lead and once again it was from the spot, Acacio brought down their striker and penalty number 2, despite expecting to see a red card shown to Acacio he remained on the pitch and they went 2 - 0 up,

With 15 minutes to play Mora charged down a player outside the box and completely missed the ball, the player left injured on the floor would have been clean through on goal and Mora had to go, and Mora did go. I was down to 10 and with a reserve keeper in goal, they scored from the resulting free-kick and then scored a tap in later on after a fumbled shot from m goalkeeper. I was not happy at the end.

Luch 4 - 0 Chita (A)

Sorry its a long post just thought I'd give you a detailed start to how I'm getting on :/

Reads well mate! Can you put the scoreline before the description though? I kept getting confused as to which one I was reading!

Overall, best of luck for the rest of the season, it seems like you have a team that with a little tweaking, could be better than they are being (e.g. 5 goals conceded in a match sounds like a confidence issue aided by a terrible defense :p)

- Smith Wheals and Deals his way into record books -

After a very busy transfer market for FC Chita, i've broken three seperate records at the club. Firstly having signed 5 players, i've broken a record for bringing in more players in one window than anyone else at FC Chita. secondly I've broken the transfer record signing a spanish / russian striker for £525k (we'll come onto him in a minute) and thirdly i've spent the most in one window (£1.25m).

so, who have i signed? and how do we look?

Firstly as anounced before i've brought Mora and Acacio in on free's and these both went into the starting 11 as foreign players.

Next I bought Anton Kobyalko on a 2 year deal for 500k from a premier division russian side, he's played two games for me so far, looks positive and has scored in both.

and Finally on transfer day, I made two BRILLIANT signings that I would consider a coup for any side below the english premier leagues top 4. firstly from swansea, for 525k the currently out of favour striker Gorka Pintado who goes straight into line-up next to kobyalko (luckily his great great great grandad was russian - or something like that :) he's partly russian) and finally my big coup. all the way from free agentsville. having just left Cardiff City on a free signed in the last 5 minutes of the window after rejecting an offer from arsenal. please welcome to Lokomotiv, Gavin Rae!!! :)

Dude! that's great, some really good signings in there! Although, whether they are a coup for any team below the top 4 in the EPL i'm not so sure :p

- please welcome to Lokomotiv, Gavin Rae!!! :)

Thought you were in charge of FC Chita, not Lokomotiv :p

Thought you were in charge of FC Chita, not Lokomotiv :p

Yeah apparently thats what there nickname is :p plus thats the ground that they play at (also the russian national stadium apparently but not sure if its the same one :p)

Next update tomorrow afternoon and some more big news...

TWO lots of big news to follow!

Firstly after a run of 12 straight defeats and only gaining 2 points from the 14 games i have played as FC Chita manager, The club have now officially been relegated with four games left to play.

Secondly. due to the relegation. eleven players have handed in transfer requests stating they fell they should be at a higher league that the third tier in russian football. so Mora, Rae, Pintado, Kobyalko, Kreismann, Acacio, and 5 others from the first team have all had a transfer request accepted and this has led to (after carefull consideration) my resignation from the FC Chita post. I have left before the transfer window has opened but the board have refused to make any funds available for the promotion push. and whilst i only had a 25 man squad before hand, if all 11 players leave, I didnt want to be the manager struggling with a 14 man squad. Whilst many may see this as a cop-out I see this as a learning curve but more importantly a saving grace to the Chita fans who now have a chance to employ a russian born manager who understands the russian system more.

More news to follow on my second job search!

Well I made a mistake :p and because I didn't check the job out before accepting I took over when we were already bottom of the league, and already 10 points behind the team above us :p

i'll remember to check my next team out...

Well this seems really odd...

My friend also has a career going on... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/223969-From-Newboy-to-Journeyman-Dreams-of-the-Legends?p=5837691#post5837691 and he recently left a russian side and is now manager of a south african side.

I have currently just left FC Chita from russia and after a month and a half out of the game finally a team approach me...

after 31 unsuccessful applications, finally one is accepted. and its African Warriors. currently in 3rd / 8 so I have taken it :)

Wish me luck as the new African Warriors manager...

OK so, I'm just going to run through my last months fixtures and the transfers I've already made in january.

Firstly after going 14 games without a win at my previous job (FC Chita) I didn't get off to a flying start with 3 straight defeats losing 1-2 3-5 and 2-4 I guess a positive to take from this was my strike force was doing a good job :)

at the start of the transfer window and my chairman gave me 1.2 million which i blew on three players. I signed Cristian Mora from FC Chita again and have decided he will follow me everywhere until I find a better keeper. my second signing was regenerated right back Acaci Berlo a south african born brazilian and my final signing so far is perhaps my best signing on any game to date. a regen called James Mokeun, he has started 3 games so far and its fair to say, he's been a hit (more in a minute)

So after I had made some changes how was my team doing?

we started off, and I got my first win as manager of any team in this campaign (2-0). James Mokeun grabbed both goals and Cristian Mora saved a penalty (who gets man of the match?)

in my second game after the transfer window and this wasn't quite as easy, inside 10 minutes and my keeper had been beaten until it was ruled out for offside, eventually James Mokeun put one through the keepers legs and we scraped out with a 1-0 victory.

and a third successive victory (4-1) a hat-trick for Mokeun and he has proved to be the best signing yet and we're now flying high 5 points clear of 4th but with 4 points to go to get to 1st.

when I finished the match I went back to my e-mails and found out that the manager of Dutch premier league team VVV was in the stands watching James Mokeun and was prepared to offer 14.6Million for a player I had spent just 545K on.. I was extremely tempted to sell up, but have decided to keep Mokeun until atleast the end of the season..

Archived