[FM10] The Story of Droylsden

Nottingham Forest

Sorry if this seems rubbish and the title seems rubbish but this is my 1st attempt. Also because i am a few years in to my save. The first couple of seasons will be a bit less detailed. However I will trried to make them as detailed as possible. Also if this is the wrong way to lay things out then sorry.

History of Droylsden

Droylsden are a club that currently plays in the Blue Square North in England. They were founded in 1892 and currently play there home games at The Butchers Arms Ground.

The Background of me

I started off unemployed with sunday league rep. I was a 25 year old manager and didnt get offered a job until Droylsden offered me the managers position.

The season for Droylsden (2009-2010)

Droylsden when I took over in Novemeber 2009 were 20th in the BSN and in the relegation zone about 8 points from safety. The first thing I immediately did was look at the squad. Having looked at the squad I realised that I would have a bit of trouble trying to help save the side from relegation. This was a big disappointment as they were tipped at the start of the season to be in and around the promotion places.

Once looking at the squad I realised that we had a few decent players but quite a few players who werent up to the job. As I cant seem to be able to get a screenshot of my whole squad from the 2009-2010 season I am just going to put the best 11 up and the transfers that were made before I joined and when I joined.

The Background of me

I started off unemployed with sunday league rep. I was a 25 year old manager and didnt get offered a job until Droylsden offered me the managers position.

The season for Droylsden (2009-2010)

Droylsden when I took over in Novemeber 2009 were 20th in the BSN and in the relegation zone about 8 points from safety. The first thing I immediately did was look at the squad. Having looked at the squad I realised that I would have a bit of trouble trying to help save the side from relegation. This was a big disappointment as they were tipped at the start of the season to be in and around the promotion places.

Once I had looked at the squad I realised that we had a few decent players but quite a few players who werent up to the job. As I cant seem to be able to get a screenshot of my whole squad from the 2009-2010 season I am just going to put the best 11 up and the transfers that were made before I joined and when I joined.

Some of the Season

The highlight of the season was the 18 match unbeaten run from my first game on the 14th of November until the 27th of January.

End of Season Review 2009-2010

In the first season that I was at the club we finished 18th in the BSN.

EDIT: THIS has gone wrong. Was meant to continue from post 2 sorry.

The 2010-2011 Board Expectations

I was quite proud that I was able to keep Droylsden up considering where they were when I took over. Now the real work began and I was looking foward to my first season in charge. The previous season my wage budget was about £5k ish I think and I had about £5k transfer budget. I was expecting something similar even though we were £250k in the red. What I actually got suprised me alot. I had be given a wage budget of £3.8k and no money for transfers. The board expectations were to finish mid table in the BSN and I cant remember much about the cups apart from get to teh 1st round proper of the FA Cup.

Assembling the Squad and Staff

I was going to need pretty much a whole new squad as I had released most of the team and only kept a few players which I had signed the previous season. When I was looking for players to come to Droylsden I didnt think it would be that hard. I was right, it wasnt. I looked at Scotland mainly for players that had been released by their clubs. Here are the transfers and part 2 transfers that I made. Up until the end of January/start of February I only had 18 players including 2 long-term loans. Once I got to the end of January/start of February I brought in 8 short-term loans which helped bring some depth to the team. All be it in midfielders and strikers.I struggled to assemble my back roomstaff as well and for the majority of the 2nd season I had a fitness coach, physio and coach but no assistant manager as my budget wouldnt allow it.

EDIT: Will update more in the next few days if anyone is interested.

You finished 18th with an 18 match unbeaten run? The rest of your season must have been crap. :D

Yh. I started off unemployed and got offered the job when they were 20th in the BSN and about 8 points off safety. I eventually got them up to 14th in that unbeaten but towards the end of the season I stuggled to win games and thats when I slid down the table. Should I continue updating.

Archived