Sir Alex Throws a Wobbler and Other Seedy Goings on Down at Old Trafford

Bagpuss

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eScotty:

Risky lineup icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on the contrary the scoreline begs to differ icon_wink.gif

got a bit of a striker crisis at the moment though icon_frown.gif gotta play Bellion icon13.gificon14.gif

Daily Telegraph Match Report

A nice and easy win for United tonight despite not playing a full strength team. Going into the match with only 2 first team strikers should of been a hindrance, and with Saha getting injured early on it could have been a disaster. Backup striker Bellion showed what he has the potential of becoming with a wonderful display.

Shortly after coming on for Saha Bellion scored his first of the night, it was a simple shot at the goal which the keeper somehow managed to miss. The second was a clinical strike after a swift passing move which made the game safe at 3-0. Heinze scored the second after a defensive mix up saw him pounce on the loss ball and slot it past the fixated keeper.

Porto 0 Manchester United 3 Bellion 45, 76 Heinze 67

MOM: Jorge Costa

Booked: Keane

Attendance: 51988

Ratings: Carroll 9, G Neville 7, Brown 7, Silvestre 8, Heinze 8, Keane 6, Ronaldo 8, Miller 7, Saha 7, Smith 8, Kleberson 7, Bellion (Sub for Saha 42 mins) 8, Rossi (Sub for Ronaldo 77) 6, Ngalula (Sub for Silvestre 77 mins) 6

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you thought that was a dodgy line up try this one icon_wink.gif

Ironically i have another game going with United and Bellion was one of the boards favourite players

Saturday 22nd September 2001

Premier League Tottenham White Hart Lane

MUTV Commentator

“Hello from White Hart Lane. Today sees us playing Spurs in a top end of the table clash. A few changes today with the main one being Bellion in for the injured Saha. Keane is dropped for his under par performance against Porto to be replaced by Djemba Djemba. The subs bench is different too with Schles, O'Shea and Fortune making it their.

GK Carroll

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Silvestre

DC Brown

MC Ronaldo

MC Kleberson

MC Djemba

AMC Miller

FC Bellion

FC Smith

Subs:

Howard

Scholes

O'Shea

Fletcher

Fortune

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eScotty:

*laughs* That is one very suspect line up icon_razz.gif

I'm curious, you don't play Ronaldo in the AMC position? Or do you have your right & left sided MC's running to the wings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a flat back 4. The 3 midfielders have the two out wide flying down the wings. The AMC is also running up between the two strikers.

I also quite like the 4-2-4 formation as well as a few others which may crop up in the future. The sweeper system is one i like too but there is not world class sweeper to anchor the system at the moment.

Not posted owt lately cos i've been thinking on how to alter a few key things after the next couple of matchs

Another fine win for United sees them up to 4th in the table. Despite losing Roy Carroll to a dodgy penalty, never mind the red card he got United still managed to win 3-2. Kleberson opened the scoring in the 5th minute with a somewhat lucky long range shot really. Edman scored from the penalty after Carroll got sent of levelling the scoreline.

In the second half Tottenham started of the better side and Robbie Keane fired home a powerful shot shortly after the restart. A tactical swap of Ronaldo for Scholes saw United retake the initiative despite being a man down. With the game entering the last quarter of an hour Smith broke free and fired home the equaliser. Soon after Scholes smashed one at the goal for Robinson to parry it away but it landed at Scholes's feet who easily slotted it home at the second attempt.

Tottenham 2 Edman Pen 33, Keane 51 Manchester United 3 Kleberson 5, Smith 75, Scholes 83

MOM: Kleberson

Sent off: Carroll

Booked: Smith

Attendance: 36238

Ratings: Carroll 6, G Neville 7, Brown 6, Silvestre 7, Heinze 6, Djemba 7, Ronaldo 6, Miller 7, Bellion 8, Smith 9, Kleberson 9, Howard (Sub for Miller 32 mins) 8, Scholes (Sub for Ronaldo 64 mins) 8, O'Shea (Sub for Brown 86 mins) 7

Fergie and Mr X Discuss things

Mr X's House

Mister X enters the living room carrying a couple of plates of pasta.

Mr X: “Here's your dinner, its some Pasta recipe one of the lads recommended today.â€

SAF: “I trust its better than this cheap Red ***** you have to go with it, I wouldn't want you poisoning me now would I.â€

Mr X: “Its just a straight forward Sicilian Carbonara for ****s sake. The wine is some crap that Mourinho brought along to our match earlier this season.â€

SAF: “So it's cheap ***** that tastes foul unless he's gotten something better since last year. Anyway we have more important things to discuss then Jose's Portuguese ****.â€

Mr X: “Oh yes how our things progressing on the Irish Front?â€

SAF: “Well Bagpuss has something in the works involving something called VEF, not that I have a clue what in gods name VEF does.â€

Mr X: “Sounds intriguing doesn't it. Some sort of dodgy military weapon of some sort I Imagine.â€

SAF: “Well yes I know that much as he told me where he was getting it from. What it is and what it does is another thing. I couldn't find anything on the internet about it at all, well nothing meaningful. There was a reference to it in a few obscure scientific papers but they were in Russian.â€

Mr X: “Definitely some sort of Weapon then, how soon until its put to use?â€

SAF: “Within the week roughly is when I should see it in the press.â€

Mr X: “Well hopefully it goes well for you.â€

SAF: “Thanks.“

Tuesday 25th September 2001

Champions League Leverkusen Old Trafford

MUTV Commentator

“An interesting team tonight as there are several people out injured, as well as several others dropped for poor performances in the last game. Thomas Heaton gets a place in the team for the first time as Carroll is dropped..

Pique is in at left back in his first start for the club, and a whole host of reserve players make it onto the bench too. Hopefully it will be another storming result but one without and injuries to strikers as there aren't many fit ones left.â€

GK Howard

DL Pique

DR G Neville

DC Silvestre

DC O'Shea

MC Giggs

MC Kleberson

MC Keane

AMC Scholes

FC Bellion

FC Smith

Subs:

Heaton

Spector

Fletcher

Rossi

Richardson

Ngalula

Rincon

Thanks Sherlock

Just for those kind words i'll do a double post icon_wink.gif

Another fine win from United as Baxter's boys continue their run of form. Ryan Giggs opened the scoring in typical flamboyant style with a sublime run. A pin point accurate shot into the top corner set the night up nicely and got him his 50th United goal.

A tactical switch for the second half saw Giggs move up behind the strikers and Scholes move out to the left wing. Pique also swapped over with O'Shea to give him a different experience as his only other appearance was out on the left. A bit of a lucky long range shot saw Paul Scholes extend United's lead soon after the restart. An injury to Kleberson forced a change with 17 minutes left and on came Fletcher for him. Rossi also came on to replace Scholes with Giggs going back out to the left wing.

A quiet end to the match was swiftly ended after Smith managed to find enough space for a shot that rifled past Butt into the net. To be fair the 3-0 win was a great result as United had dominated the match all the way through. Only Kleberson's injury was a downside as he is out for a month now with a calf strain.

Manchester United 3 Giggs 15 Scholes 50 Smith 89 Leverkusen 0

MOM: Smith

Booked: Giggs

Attendance: 62011

Ratings: Howard 7, G Neville 7, Pique 7, Silvestre 7, O'Shea 8, Keane 8, Scholes 9, Giggs 9, Bellion 8, Smith 9, Kleberson 9, Fletcher (Sub for Kleberson 73 mins) 7, Rossi (Sub for Scholes 73 mins) 7

Racing Post Friday 28th September 2001

Coolmore Stud ordered Quarantined After VEF Outbreak

The Irish base of JP McManus and John Magnier Coolmore Stud was today paced under quarantine after an outbreak of VEF. VEF (Venezuelan Equine Fever) typically occurs in South America so what exactly it is doing in Ireland is anybody's guess.

The rumours circulating at the moment are that it isn't even the normal VEF found in nature but some sort of altered form that is much more virulent. The outbreak has also caused several people who work at Coolmore to come down with an illness assumed to be VEF.

Irish government officials have called in experts from England to help find the source as well as why it occurred. Early signs are indicating the focal point is one of the horses at the Stud which has been found to have what appears to be a needle mark on its neck.

This outbreak is under control now and will result in no real harm done other than a large loss of income to the Stud due to loss of racing income as well as medical bills. Things should be back to normal and the quarantine lifted inside 3 months.

A statement from the racing magnates simply states that following the suspicions of the authorities they have a pretty good idea who may be behind this and will take actions in their own time.

Nice to see the team doing well!

Love the second storyline too ^.^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second Storyline?? only one so far unless you are counting the games as one?

Anyway I'm somewhat surprised at how well the team has been doing especially as Rio and Rooney aren't back yet

Saturday 29th September 2001

Premier League Portsmouth Fratton Park

MUTV Commentator

“Here we are down on the sunny south coast for the final game of this month. Quite a few changes in the team as you would expect with players returning from being dropped. Carroll is back in goal as Howard is banned for a few more matches meaning young Thomas Heaton remains on the bench.

Heinze is back in for Pique and Ronaldo replaces the injured Kleberson. Benchwise its pretty strong with Brown, Keane, Fletcher and Miller also on it.

GK Carroll

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Silvestre

DC O'Shea

MC Giggs

MC Ronaldo

MC Djemba

AMC Scholes

FC Bellion

FC Smith

Subs:

Heaton

Brown

Fletcher

Keane

Miller

Another game another win, that's 4 in a row now. A very dominant display saw Manchester United move up to 3rd in the league behind Liverpool and Arsenal. Tonight saw very impressive performances from Smith, Bellion and Ronaldo, perhaps they were aware of the players returning from injury/suspension in time for the next match.

Bellion opened the scoring with a simple volley from a Ronaldo cross early on in the game. Smith found himself tied up later on but managed to squeeze the ball out to Bellion. From no more than a half chance Bellion volleyed another shot home. A Ronaldo shot was then blocked by Hislop but Giggs swiftly pounced on the rebound making it 3-0 with barely a quarter of the match played.

Scholes picked the ball up shortly afterwards and after a quick one two with Smith managed to make it 4-0 before half time. Half time saw Miller come on for Scholes but he failed to impress in the second half at all. Two quick Portsmouth goals rocked United a bit and an injury to Djemba saw a double substitution to rectify things.

Djemba was replaced with Fletcher and Brown came on for Silvestre, who had been partly to blame for both goals. Near the end of the match Bellion managed to find enough room to fire home his third goal completing his hattrick.

Portsmouth 2 Kamara 68 Foxe 70 Manchester United 5 Bellion 7, 15, 84 Giggs 24 Scholes 31

MOM: Bellion

Attendance: 34986

Ratings: Carroll 7, G Neville 8, Heinze 8, Silvestre 7, O'Shea 7, Djemba 7, Scholes 7, Giggs 8, Bellion 10, Smith 10, Ronaldo 10, Miller (Sub for Scholes HT) 6, Fletcher (Sub for Djemba 70 mins) 7, Brown (Sub for Silvestre 70 mins) 6

Bellion Hatrick? icon_eek.gif *laughs*

I just meant the Fergie side saga, it makes the topic intriguing and original ^.^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi no slagging of my back up striker icon_wink.gif

Considering what further non football aspects to add currently. Pondering how far to push it really.

Post Match Press Conference and Quarterly Report

The Centenary Suite Old Trafford

David Gill and Stephen Baxter are up on the podium preparing themselves for the press conference.

DG: “Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to tonight's press conference. Before I let you question Stephen I'll be going over the Quarterly Financial Statement first as promised.“

“Since July we have made a loss of £6.6 million but as £6 million of that is interest payments we are more or less running on even. We've received £14.4 million and spent £17.1 million not counting the interest payments. The club's funds currently stand at £16.6 million in the red but I am optimistic this will rise up in the next few months.â€

“As you can see so far we are not doing to well but most of the income received during the course of the season arrives in the later stages, like the Prize money for the Premier League for a start. Good European runs in the Champions League also pays you more money later in the season so there is nothing to worry about just yet.â€

“I think Stephen has some plans on how to cut back on expenditure and raising money through sales of non essential players but I'll let him tell you more when you question him shortly. I'd just like to add that we currently have £194 million to pay back to the Royal Bank of Scotland and that we envisage it taking until 2010 at least.â€

David Gill hands over to Stephen Baxter and he prepares for the questions from the assembled media.

SB: “Good Evening people lets get the questions over with first this time.â€

Daily Mirror Question: The team is doing well at the moment what is your key to the success?

SB: “Well its all about a good squad mentality mainly. This means that when we have a lot of injuries as we do now the other players are ready and happy to fill in knowing that they'll probably have to lose out once the injuries heal up.â€

Daily Telegraph Question: With the club struggling with cash at the moment, and going by my sources, on the verge of being declared bankrupt. What do you intend to do about it?

SB: “The club is not going to be declared bankrupt as the bank is fully behind us and obviously wants to see some return on their investment. What am I going to do about it? Well Ricardo was sold of earlier on and I have transfer listed a few more players tonight but I'm not going into details. Several players have signed new contracts and currently the clubs wage bill is £48 million which is low for a club of this status, Chelsea are paying £50 million currently with a smaller squad.â€

The Times Question: Going back to the bankruptcy question. Is there a specified amount of debt before the club is declared bankrupt according to the rules of the game?

SB: “Yes I think its around £17-18 million below that and we would be classed as bankrupt. All that means is that I'll be looking at any serious offers for our players. Also the HSE sometimes take a dim view of this and may close down part of the stadium, but then as they've been threatening to do this for years over standing we aren't to bothered. The FA have certain rules about bankrupt clubs too which I am sure you are all aware of already.â€

David Gill steps forward.

DG: “Time for one more question only folks and keep to footballing matters please.â€

Daily Mail Question: With Wayne Rooney returning from injury and Rio Ferdinand from suspension are you still going to stick to your current selection policy?

SB: “Obviously with a greater squad size available to me now the old system is not very useful. It has served it's purpose though as I have seen most of the team play and I know who will be useful and who is sellable. The one problem I have at the moment is for the next match I only have one goalkeeper available as the main two are both suspended.

Squad selection will from now on be more a case of swapping the odd player to give them a rest. I might start fiddling with the formation a bit to not sure yet.â€

DG: “Thank you all for coming and I look forward to seeing you all at the next press conferenceâ€

Financial Times Monday 8th October 2001

Manchester United Declared Bankrupt

Today Manchester United announced that they were technically bankrupt as the current debt level had dropped to £18 million placing them in breach of the FA Rules. Although the club stressed they were not actually bankrupt the fact that the current account is £18 million in the red is some what worrying.

The club spokesman was quick to stress that one or two players were currently being offered around for sale and also if a sensible offer came in for a more key player it would be considered seriously. Also the spokesman added that most of the income arrives at the end of the season not the start and TV plus season ticket sale income occurs over the summer and makes up a fair sized proportion of total income.

The FA Bankruptcy rules basically state that the club can not turn down sensible offers for any player until they get the current account back up above the bankruptcy limit. It is not expected that any clubs will be slapping down bids on the star players just yet, particularly as Manchester United are doing so well currently.

Saturday 13th October 2001

Premier League Bolton Reebok Stadium

MUTV Commentator

“Good afternoon and welcome to Bolton. Today sees the debut of Thomas Heaton as he is the only available goalkeeper at the club for this match. Today also sees the return of Rio Ferdinand, from his stupidly long suspension for alleged drug taking, replacing Silvestre at centre back.

Saha returns to the bench after injury and if the rumours are true could be the next player to leave, especially with Rooney almost back from injury too. Ruud Van Nistelrooy also returns to the team giving Bellion a rest after his excellent filling in as a striker.

GK Heaton

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC O'Shea

MC Keane

MC Ronaldo

MC Fletcher

AMC Scholes

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Smith

Subs:

Saha

Giggs

Djemba

Brown

Miller

Saturday 13th October 2001

Premier League Bolton Reebok Stadium

MUTV Commentator

“Good afternoon and welcome to Bolton. Today sees the debut of Thomas Heaton as he is the only available goalkeeper at the club for this match. Today also sees the return of Rio Ferdinand, from his stupidly long suspension for alleged drug taking, replacing Silvestre at centre back.

Saha returns to the bench after injury and if the rumours are true could be the next player to leave, especially with Rooney almost back from injury too. Ruud Van Nistelrooy also returns to the team giving Bellion a rest after his excellent filling in as a striker.

GK Heaton

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC O'Shea

MC Keane

MC Ronaldo

MC Fletcher

AMC Scholes

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Smith

Subs:

Saha

Giggs

Djemba

Brown

Miller

Ta icon14.gif

I see you failed to mention anything about the Kid keeper icon_wink.gif

Today was never going to be an easy match, Bolton away are always tough even more so when its a local derby match. Rio Ferdinand made his come back today and didn't look fully ready yet. Saha's return from injury was disappointing too as he picked up another injury despite only playing 20 minutes.

United scored first unsurprisingly after Gary Neville picked up a loose ball in the Bolton 18 yard area. The simple task of getting it past Bryn Halliwell was skilfully executed as he wrong footed the keeper superbly. A Ronaldo header from a Van Nistelrooy free-kick saw United ease into a 2-0 lead but it didn't last long.

El-Hadj Diouf found some space soon after and fired a powerful shot past the unlucky Heaton. Shortly afterwards Heirro scored from a header making it 2-2. Heaton didn't do badly really, just doesn't have the experience at this level yet to cope fully.

Bolton 2 Diouf 26 Heirro 35 Manchester United 2 Neville 12 Ronaldo 25

MOM: Ronaldo

Attendance: 27462

Ratings: Heaton 7, G Neville 7, Heinze 6, Ferdinand 7, O'Shea 7, Keane 7, Scholes 6, Fletcher 7, Van Nistelrooy 7, Smith 7, Ronaldo 9, Saha (Sub for Scholes 71 mins) 6, Brown (Sub for Heinze 71 mins) 6

Coolmore Stud

JP McManus and John Magnier are having a discussion regarding recent goings on.

JP McManus (JP) “So it was a deliberate attack then was it?â€

John Magnier (JM) “Yes. It was apparently a Russian strain of VEF but is also available in the US, UK and France, probably China too.â€

JP “So it was Fergie right, unless we have other enemies that would stoop this low.â€

JM “Aye it could only of been Fergie. He has the contacts too to find someone to get hold of and releases the VEF.â€

JP “So what are we going to do to get our own back on him?â€

JM â€Don't know perhaps we could investigate further and try and find out who is doing it for Fergie. I know just the right person to help us here. Ever heard of a Sir John Stevens?â€

JP “The former Chief of the Metropolitan Police force in London?â€

JM “Yep that's him.â€

JP “Isn't he the guy who got a bit violent at the end of his career and started to partake it a spot of cannibalism.â€

JM “Well yes he does have a certain reputation about him for killing and/or harming people. The baby eating incident I think you are referring too was unfounded allegations from some Dutch/German and has never been verified.â€

JP “So when can you get in touch with him then?â€

JM “Oh fairly soon I imagine with in a few weeks I'd say.â€

JP “Good, I hope he has some ideas for us for revenge too.â€

MUTV Newsflash Tuesday 16th October 2001

Today saw the sale of Louis Saha to Schalke 04 for £9.75 million in a deal which will certainly remove a lot of the financial pressure from the club. Unlike the sale of Ricardo earlier this season this one was paid in full on completion. The club is now officially back out of Bankruptcy rules and will probably remain so for the rest of the season.

Louis Saha Played 9 Scored 4 Assists 1 and 3 MOM awards Ave Rating of 7.78. Charity Shield Winners Medal. Out for a few weeks with a twisted Knee too.

Also today Baxter bought a young striker from Torquay for £20k called Elias Dushku . This signing is seen as a player for the future and was bought now as he'd undoubtedly cost more in a few years time.

A little information on further transfer action was also released. The press release stated that with the sale of Saha the few other players were taken off the transfer list for now although their situation was subject to change. It was also mentioned that other players are being watched with the possibility of transfer bids being made in the summer.

Wednesday 17th October 2001

Champions League Leverkusen Bayer Arena

MUTV Commentator

“Good Evening and welcome to Germany. During the week Stephen Baxter pulled of a bit of a coup in selling Saha to Schalke despite his injury proneness. This was probably down to Saha getting injured in the last match after returning from injury. Hopefully tonight the same thing won't happen to Wayne Rooney who gets a spot on the bench tonight.

Howard is back in goal with Carroll on the bench. Fletcher is swapped with Giggs and other than that its a pretty standard team. Rossi and new signing Dushku both get spots on the bench for this match.

If we win tonight we could get qualification for the next stage with two games still left to play. We would assume if this was the case the other two games might see fringe players getting some experince in a European competition.

GK Howard

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC O'Shea

MC Keane

MC Ronaldo

MC Giggs

AMC Scholes

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Smith

Subs:

Carroll

Rooney

Dushku

Brown

Miller

Fletcher

Rossi

Tonight saw United qualify for the second group stage of the Champions League with considerable ease. Ruud Van Nistelrooy opened the scoring near the end of the first half after Neville had broken free. A quick cross to Scholes saw Scholes flick the ball on to Van Nistelrooy who headed it home.

Ronaldo's quick turn of pace took him past the Leverkusen defenders for him to cross the ball to Giggs who volleyed home United's second. A penalty was awarded to United mid way through the second half but Heinze failed to get it past Butt. The loose bal however found its way to Keane who sqaured it to Ronaldo who smashed it homing making it 3-0.

Wayne Rooney made his first ever appearance for United with 8 minutes left as he came on for Smith. Rossi also got a few more minutes under his belt as he came on for Scholes.

Leverkusen 0 Manchester United 3 Van Nistelrooy 37 Giggs 40 Ronaldo 71

MOM: Ronaldo

Attendance: 25030

Ratings: Howard 8, G Neville 7, Heinze 6, Ferdinand 7, O'Shea 7, Keane 7, Scholes 8, Giggs 8, Van Nistelrooy 9, Smith 7, Ronaldo 9, Rossi (Sub for Scholes 82 mins) 6, Rooney (Sub for Smith 82 mins) 7

Oooh transfer dealings, one of my favorite parts of the game ^.^ I usually sell Saha too, good move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pah if it wern't for the funds problem i'd keep him usually as having a bunch of strikers is usefull.

Mind you saying that in one game i had Robinho, Ronaldinho, RVN, Rooney, Smith, Cavenaghi, Mutu, some bloke from Atalanta who was ace, plus many of the kids had aged and were also damn good players.

Played a nice little 4-3-1-2 formation with that lot and even fielded 6 strikers for one game, need less to say that was a easy 5-0 win icon_wink.gif

Hey mate I really love your story, I'm a die hard fan of Man Utd too and I really got to praise you for your tactics and relying on youth instead of purchasing other players.

Keep up the good work!

Sorry for the delay been busy switching to a shift job meaning more money but also less free time this last week

Fergie and Mr X Discuss More Things

Mr X's House

SAF: “Right then yer French Twat time for a bit of a discussion.â€

Mr X: “What do you want now you Scottish Numpty?â€

SAF: “That's the pleasantries over with I guess icon_wink.gif I think it is time I raised the stakes with the Irish oiks. I presume you have heard of this Horse Race fixing scandal that has been under investigation for the last year or so?â€

Mr X: “Yes I'm aware of it. How exactly is that going to be of any use to you. Surely they'll of covered their tracks very well if they are involved in it.â€

SAF: “Well one of my Racing sources says they are in it up to the eyeballs. Plus with my influence I'm sure I can get them implicated very easily. Should put the cat among the pigeons very nicely.â€

Mr X: “Cat among the pigeons?? You Brits and your dodgy expressions. Anyway what you going to do once you get them 'framed'?â€

SAF: “Oh that's simple. I'll demand they hand over their share of the club to me. Then I'd be calling the shots once more with a 40% stake, compared with RBS's 30% and the SU stake of 25%.â€

Mr X: “Erm won't you have to actually pay for the stake plus your name will be bound to come out too.â€

SAF: “You know nothing about the more dubious business world do you. Yes money will have to be given to them and I'll be haggling with them for that later. I'll certainly be paying a lot less than what the stake is really worth. As for keeping my name out of it I'll simply use a Shell Company. Shell companies being common practice these days and I'll just find a dodgy lawyer to represent us at the board level for the immediate future.â€

Mr X: “You seem to have this all planned out already. What can this dodgy lawyer do for you anyway?â€

SAF: “He'll do what I tell him to do if he wants to live. But basically he'll say that we want this done as well as that player sold etc..â€

Mr X: “Oh right I get you, anyway time for me to head back over the ground got one or two things to sort out over there.â€

SAF: “Aye see you later and see the whinging Brazilian, he's rubbish anyway.â€

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Sorry for the delay been busy switching to a shift job meaning more money but also less free time this last week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Never mind, as long as you make up for it icon_wink.gif

Saturday 20th October 2001

Premier League Old Trafford Southampton

MUTV Commentator

“Good afternoon and welcome to Old Trafford. Today sees the Old Trafford Debut of Rooney and the return of Rio after his ludicrous ban. It looks a bit of a strange squad selection with several of the more key players rested or on the bench.

Hopefully with it being Southampton it will be fine but we'll soon see. The word is some of them have been rested as they were in danger of getting burnt out. Still with a squad as large as this one it shouldn't be too much of a problem to drop the odd key player now and then.â€

GK Howard

DL O'Shea

DR Brown

DC Ferdinand

DC Silvestre

MC Fletcher

MC Djemba

MC Giggs

AMC Rooney

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Smith

Subs:

Heaton

G Neville

Heinze

Scholes

Miller

It was a bad day for Baxter today as he saw United lose 2-1 to the Saints despite easily dominating the game. Two costly errors saw Beattie and Svensson score soft goals which clinched the 3 points for Southampton. It was a general defensive error in both cases, probably down to the swapping around of players.

You could tell things were getting desperate for Baxter when he sent on Scholes for Djemba late on turning it into a very attacking formation. It did work with United finally scoring through Rooney but it wasn't enough to get a draw as Southampton some how hung on for the win.

Manchester United 1 Rooney 84 Southampton 2 Beattie 36, Svensson 60

MOM: Van Nistelrooy

Booked: O'Shea

Attendance: 62375

Ratings: Howard 6, Brown 7, Silvestre 8, Ferdinand 8, O'Shea 7, Fletcher 6, Djemba 7, Giggs 7, Van Nistelrooy 9, Smith 8, Rooney 8, Miller (Sub for Fletcher 62 mins) 7, Scholes (Sub for Djemba 80 mins) 8

Magnier and McManus meet Sir John

Coolmore Stud

Magnier and McManus are awaiting the arrival of Sir John.

JP “When is he due here then John?â€

JM “Should be here any time now. Getting nervous are we?â€

JP “Me. Nervous. Never.â€

JM “Liar. I was watching you when Rock was on for his 7th win in a row and you were shaking.â€

Someone enters the room.

JM “Sir John I take it?â€

Sir John SJ “Yes. It is I. Care to enlighten me as to what you would like done? Be warned however I don't suffer fools lightly.â€

JM “Well we know all about your reputation.â€

JP “Yes is it true you ate a baby?â€

JM “Shut up JP. Stopping making yourself in to more of a prat than usual.â€

SJ “I'll neither confirm or deny the baby eating rumour as it kind of enhances my menace somewhat.â€

JM “Anyway back to what you asked. We are suffering from a minor problem called Sir Alex Ferguson. Ever since we got him fired we've been receiving threats. Naturally it's normal for us to get threats but we know Sir Alex is behind some of them. He sent some one after my chief Jockey to pass a little message along.â€

SJ “I see where things are at the moment and I can certainly find out who is aiding Sir Alex. I can also formulate a plan of action for you to get your revenge, so to speak. Naturally my services are not cheap but until I figure out the plan of action and find out who is Sir Alex's helper I'll only charge my standard meeting fee of £50,000.â€

JM “Hand over the money JP.â€

JP reaches into his pocket and pulls out a large wad of bank notes.

JP “Here you are Sir John. I only have one little request from Keiran. Can you do something about the bloke that attacked him?â€

SJ “I am sure that can be worked into the plan very easily. I'll get back to you in a few weeks with my plan and fees.â€

JM “Ta Sir John. See ya in a few weeks.â€

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 23rd October 2001

Champions League Neu Camp Barcelona

MUTV Commentator

“Good Evening and welcome Spain. Tonight sees the first of two dead matches in the first group stage as United are already through. It is still a strong team that Baxter has picked, presumably to make it harder for Barcelona to qualify. Gary Neville and Heinze both return to the defence, whilst Giggs and Keane return to midfield.

A mixture of youth and experience on the bench is pretty much what can be expected from Baxter these days. The standard 4-3-1-2 formation is being employed once more and looks to be pretty much the way forward.

GK Howard

DL Heinze

DR G Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC Silvestre

MC Keane

MC Ronaldo

MC Giggs

AMC Rooney

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Smith

Subs:

Heaton

Pique

Bellion

Scholes

Brown

O'Shea

Rossi

It's not Ronaldinho you have to watch icon_frown.gif Its fecking Larsson as the result shows. Still we had already qualified for the next stage

United were easily beaten by a Barcelona far more up for the win. Things started of badly with Smith getting injured after only 3 minutes, even if his replacement, Bellion, was United's best player on the night. Ronaldinho scored an easy goal soon after Smith's injury with the United defence still asleep.

Rooney's goal after half an hour was very opportunistic and was probably a fluke. It looked more like a cross than a long range shot but some how it floated into the back of the net. Barcelona were swift to respond with Larsson heading the ball home past the dire Heinze.

In the second half Barcelona slowed things down a bit but still had more than enough in them to add a third. Larsson scoring from another simple header after Silvestre this time went walkabout.

Barcelona 3 Ronaldinho 4, Larsson 38,63 Manchester United 1 Rooney 31

MOM: Larsson

Booked: Heinze

Attendance: 97997

Ratings: Howard 8, G Neville 7, Silvestre 7, Ferdinand 6, Heinze 6, Keane 6, Ronaldo 7, Giggs 7, Van Nistelrooy 6, Smith 6, Rooney 8, Bellion (Sub for Smith 3 mins) 8, O'Shea (Sub for Silvestre 70 mins) 7, Rossi (Sub for Van Nistelrooy 70 mins) 6

Unlucky result, you played a strong team. I like the philosophy of trying to make it harder for the good teams to qualify, I must remember that.

Plus the prize money would come in handy for a club short on cash.

Cheers Spav

BBC.CO.UK/SPORT

Racing bet Fixing Scandal Exclusive

An exclusive early look at the results of the enquiry into the horse racing bet fixing is set to reveal that top owners John Magnier and JP McManus are heavily involved. There is substantial circumstantial evidence linking them, but nothing has been unearthed that is concrete yet.

Police sources say it is only a matter of time before definite evidence is found. The senior officer leading the enquiry has not ruled out the unprecedented action of requesting details of any communications made by McManus and Magnier from GCHQ.

Further evidence is being continually gathered and several minor players have been arrested already. Polices sources say that some of the big players are likely to be taken in for questioning within a month.

Unlucky getting beaten by Barcelona mate, no shame in that. I'm sure you can bounce back soon enough, keep us all up to date!

Saturday 27th October 2001

Premier League Anfield Liverpool

MUTV Commentator

“A trip to bitter rivals Liverpool is today's match. Several changes in the team from the midweek game. Smith is replaced by Rooney due to his injury, with Scholes slotting in behind the two strikers. Heinze and Silvestre are both dropped for there poor performances and are replaced by Fortune and O'Shea respectively.

The bench is mostly reserves with the exception of Wes Brown as Baxter looks to make a point to the more senior players. “

GK Howard

DL Fortune

DR G Neville

DC Ferdinand

DC O'Shea

MC Keane

MC Ronaldo

MC Giggs

AMC Scholes

FC Van Nistelrooy

FC Rooney

Subs:

Heaton

Pique

Brown

Fletcher

Djordjic

It might of been a strong team on paper but the result begs to differ icon_frown.gif

Liverpool thrashed United tonight after a total failure at the back for United. Yes some of it was down to bad luck with injuries but nevertheless it was a diabolical performance from them. The first goal for Alonso was a bit of an audcious lob that happened to go in but it set the tone for the match.

Van Nistelrooy's equaliser was a sublime volley that he is good at. A stunning cross from Riise early into the second half saw Alonso head home his second goal of the match. A powerful drive from Rooney saw United regain parity once more and a tactical switch soon after saw United get into the game.

An error from Tim Howard saw Cisse manage to score swiftly followed by Gary Neville's dismissal for two yellows. Gerrard scored the fourth soon afterwards wrapping the game up for Liverpool. Luis Garcia's late strike just added misery onto the United Fans.

Liverpool 5 Xabi Alonso 5, 47, Cisse 71, Gerrard 83, Luis Garcia 90 Manchester United 2 Van Nistelrooy 14, Rooney 53

MOM: Riise

Sent Off: Gary Neville

Booked: Gary Neville, Ferdinand

Attendance: 44349

Ratings: Howard 6, G Neville 8, O'Shea 6, Ferdinand 6, Fortune 6, Keane 6, Ronaldo 8, Giggs 7, Van Nistelrooy 8, Scholes 6, Rooney 8, Djordjic (Sub for Scholes 59 mins) 6, Brown (Sub for Ferdinand 59 mins) 6, Pique (Sub for Brown 67 mins) 7

Ouch, Liverpool tend to be my bogey team but that one is certainly a result to forget!

Where are you in the league so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm 6-8th i think can't remember off the top of my head.

Fergie makes a deal with Magnier and McManus

Coolmore Stud. JP McManus's cell phone rings.

JP: “Hello.â€

SAF: “Good evening it's your nemesis here. Don't hang up. What I have to say is important to your health. Is John their too?â€

John Magnier takes the phone and puts it onto speaker phone mode.

JM: “I'm here. What do you want?â€

SAF: “Basically I have an offer for you *****. It's an offer you can't really turn down either to be frank. I have you by the balls.â€

JM: “What is this deal and why can't we refuse it you bastard.â€

SAF: “Lets just say that if damning evidence emerged into your race fixing you'd both be doing lengthy bird and getting a very large fine. Now naturally I know as well as you do that you are both as guilty as hell. It's only a matter of time before the evidence surfaces. Whether normally or by me passing it on, who knows. I can block its release for a price however if you are interested.â€

JM: “There is nothing linking us to it directly or we would already be under arrest.â€

SAF: “That's because I've withheld the relevant documents for now. Do you want to take the risk that I'll release the documents or not?â€

JP: “You're a ****ing bastard Fergie. We know damn well you'd do it. What's it going to take to get you to hand over the documents?â€

SAF First off YOU can **** off. I'm talking to the organ grinder not the monkey here.â€

JM “Yes JP. Shut up you'll only make things worse.â€

SAF: “Quite. Now all I want is your stake in United. Simple really. The rest of your life out of jail in exchange for your 40% stake in Newton Heath.â€

JP: “NEVER!!â€

SAF: “Shut it JP: It's very simple I'll give you the documents plus, oh say £30 million, for the stake.â€

JM “What guarantees are you going to give us that we get all the documents?â€

SAF: “You'll get all the originals, we both know copies would be considered fakes. I'll keep files implicating Fallon, I'll also keep some files relating to you two with a lawyer. Those files will be released only if you reveal who you really sold your stake to as I'm using a shell company.â€

JM: “I'm going to speak to someone first before agreeing to deal so I'll get back to you.â€

SAF: “Fine. Doesn't bother me I've got nothing to lose here, just don't take to long.â€

JM: “We Won't.â€

John Magnier hangs up.

JP: “Now what are we going to do?â€

JM: “Ring Sir John off course.â€

Archived