FM Career Updates Awards: The Shortlists

Deisler26

Here it is! Time for the awards! These shortlists will be up for a week or so, before voting starts on the 26th August. Voting will close on the 1st September and the results will be out a week later in a live awards show, hosted by yours truly!.

Right *adjusts his tie*, It's on like Donkey Kong! But remember, the awards you vote for CANNOT be voted for in later years....

The nominees for the first award, BEST FMCU POSTER are...

• Crouchaldino
  • Raware
  • DodgeeD

Who will win? Will your vote be based on post count? Contributions? Or quality?

The second award is for BEST FMCU THREAD NAME sponsored by Dafuge (he picked the shortlist). And the nominees are...

How about 'Best Long-Term Career'?

And I think there should still be a Best Journeyman Career award as well (in the true sense of the word ;)) as that is one of the most popular career types.

Good shout. Little bit embarrassed that I went blank now...

I'll look at that and see if I can add one.

Lets be clear, you start automatic rep and unemployed yeah?

Looking forward to voting. Got some reading to do first as I've not read them all... yet!

It could be 'best fmcu one-team career' or similar to distinguish between the two, while if you include a journeyman career award you can use the 'best fmcu journeyman career' title you had above.

Good effort Deisler :thup:. Great that you're able to do these awards so cheers :thup:.

I'd just like to add that since I lobbied for this forum a year ago (was it really that long ago?!?! :eek:), i'm delighted with the reaction it's got. We've had some great posters posting some really great careers and i've really enjoyed reading how people have gone on in their FM saves. This is exactly what I had hoped for when 'campaigning' so once again, i'd like to say thanks for all of those who've contributed to FMCU :thup:.

How on earth can journeyman career award have two careers that have been at a single club, and a third where the player has only just moved to his second club after many seasons at his first?

Yes, it's been noted, I went blank, but will change it.

Good effort Deisler Great that you're able to do these awards so cheers

I'd just like to add that since I lobbied for this forum a year ago (was it really that long ago?!?! ), i'm delighted with the reaction it's got. We've had some great posters posting some really great careers and i've really enjoyed reading how people have gone on in their FM saves. This is exactly what I had hoped for when 'campaigning' so once again, i'd like to say thanks for all of those who've contributed to FMCU :thup:.

Basically what he said :thup:

And you forgot voting instructions? Or am I just being blind?

Oh and when did WH become a newcomer? He has been here for ages hasn't he? :D

Again, newcomer was probably a poor choice of words, but it was meant to suggest that he hasnt received as much exposure as some of the more prominent members of the board.

The reason why there's no voting instructions is because voting hasn't started yet.

Well done on getting this started.

Somone else should have my "most promising Newcomer" slot. I started in FMCU about a month after the forum was started :thup:

One of the originals :*) Same here, I take pride in having the first ever career thread :*)

You should really change the Journeyman title though. Fountain of Youth Award or some crap like that :D

If there should be a Journeyman award, you need to choose actual journeyman careers. Ie, somebody with a pile of clubs under their belt in a lot of corners of the world.

Is it possible to nominate some other threads for awards? There are a few that I have enjoyed reading that are missing.

Sorry if I have missed the nominations stage or something. I'm coming to this a bit late. :o

For what it's worth, a few that I might suggest adding in would be:

- Alex Parker's Red and Blue Army by Hrbfcrule (which is a long-term one club save).

- Continental Dominance - First New Zealand Then The World by Acidburn (a Journeyman save).

- The fool wanders, the wise man travels by Iacovone (another Journeyman save).

Another worthy of consideration under the journeyman career award would be Nobby's Football Manager Makes Me Curze.

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

I've just sorted the forum by 'replies' and 'views' to see which threads come up as being most popular. Some of the following might be worth looking into (these are just ones that haven't already been mentioned in this thread):

- Fabio Crouchello - Taking England to South Africa 2010 by Crouchaldinho.

- Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams by Nepenthez.

- This is a Tribute - DodgeeD's World Tour by DodgeeD.

- Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save by Crouchaldinho.

- Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour: Life Outside the Lower Leagues by Rancer890.

So perhaps there are some more there for consideration. I'm sure that you probably had some of these in mind for the BEST FMCU CAREER.

I'd also suggest having two separate awards for journeyman careers and one club careers, and then maybe another still for the 'fountain of youth' award, which would be for those saves that have just kept going and going way into the future.

No criticism intended in this post by the way. Well done for getting it up and running. :):thup:

After reading Crouchy's post I sorted by views instead of replies and there are 10 threads with over 8000 views. This forum really did take off this season. Good work everyone :thup:

Great post Crouchy.

The reason why there were only three nominees for each award was that, on consulation with dafuge, we decided to hold a small affair this year in order to gauge interest and perhaps set the tone for future awards. I agree there are lots of careers that should have made it into the shortlists (and on a personal note, that I possibly could have been considered for more than one *embarrassed*) but to make a massive sprawling awards that might have fallen flat on it's face seemed a big risk.

Your comments on the various titles have been taken on board, as have everyone's and I thank you all for the feedback you've given (mainly on my bad definitions :p)

Archived