[FM10] Vacancy at my local...

JonnyCurrie

My last FM10 career..

Since Football Manager 10 came out last year, I have been pre-occupied with two challenges, The Dafuge Challenge and Gundo's European Challenge.

The former was completed but the European Challenge after two attempts with two different N.Irish teams nearly destroyed my passion for the game I have to say.

So I have decided to try a proper long-term career...

Nations Loaded (All Divisions):

Africa: South Africa.

Asia: None.

Europe: Belgium, Denmark, England,

France, Germany, Ireland,

Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland,

Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland,

Spain, Switzerland, Wales.

North America: Mexico, United States.

Oceania: Australia.

South America: Argentina, Brazil.

The story of this career begins like this..

Word has spread like wildfire around my local area that the Chimney Corner football team have sacked their current manager after he was caught up with some financial irregularities. Furthermore the club have issued a plea for anyone out there who wishes to take it upon themselves to steer the ship for the coming season.

And after a difficult interview process, they have today announced that their new manager for the coming season will be unknown candidate, Jonny Currie. The club released a statement saying that whilst their choice for the job may lack experience as a manager, they have every last bit of confidence he can deliver on the goals set for him.

So let's get the club itself into perspective..

It's a little club, a very little club which pretty much acts as a feeder club to some of the biggest teams in Northern Ireland:

affiliates.jpg

They don't have alot of money (even for this division), they haven't won anything major in this country and expectations for the coming season aren't very high..

clubinfo.jpghonours.jpg

However, according to Wikipedia (and generally in my knowledge aswell) they have a decent youth setup:

Chimney Corner is a Northern Irish football club playing in IFA Championship 2. The club, founded in 1952, hails from Antrim and plays its home matches at Allen Park. Club colours are red and white. The current manager is Stephen Hughes. They have a reserve team which was founded in the 2006/07 season and play in the Ballymena and Pronvincial Junior League. They have a large youth setup which was founded for the 2005/06 season.

But tough luck mate! Not in this game!

facilities-4.jpg

I immediately told the board that I expected to win the league, putting alot of pressure on my debut season. I didn't do it for any other reason than I hate the Northern Irish lower leagues and I really, really do want to get out of the bottom tier as soon as possible!

Having looked at the squad, I'm sure players will go and I will try to get some players in who can actually play some football.

Playing on Football Manager 10.3 with no use of editor.

Chimney Corner: Pre-Season (2009/10)

Our pre-season went pretty fine in terms of it's main purpose, fitness and morale. The players have had plenty of matches (too many probably..) and the bunch of players I inherited with frowns on their faces have been rejuvenated into fit, happy as Larry footballers with plenty of reasons to be positive.

In terms of the players out, there is nothing worth showing. There was probably six or seven of the original squad who were released, primarily because they were so rubbish they can't even hack playing in the bottom division of the Northern Irish Championship.

I must admit, for our players who came in, I did use loans and have used Ballymena Utd for a source of at least one loan player (another might join on loan from Linfield after this update):

playersin.jpg

As for the results of our pre-seasons matches, we only lost one game and in our last friendly, took an almighty scalp off the biggest club in the country!

friendlies.jpg

The Linfield result was very much a result gained with a TON of luck but still..it's their fault if they can't put them away!

So all in all, very happy with our pre-season and these are the lads who will make up my squad for the first game of the season:

Squadbeforefirstleaguematch.jpg

The next update will be for the January window..

Chimney Corner: January Transfer Window(2009/10)

Well our season so far has gone pretty much better than I had expected after our pre-season. We had a great number of wins to begin with and have had no problems scoring goals despite my initial fears. Over the last few games leading into January our form has fell flat on it's face but I'm sure this is just a temporary blip like most teams have.

Most of the team have done themselves proud so far:

updatedsqaudstats.jpg

That good work sees us sitting perfectly poised to make a challenge for the title should we get our current bad form out of the way:

LeagueTable-21-1.jpg

These are the results that got us there:

fixtures-1.jpg

And here's the updated transfer window (a couple came in on loan since I last updated I believe):

updatedtyransfers.jpg

Next update will be at the season finale in which I should hopefully gain promotion if not claim Chimney Corner's first title in a long time.

Archived