Hateley - back at Ibrox !

alanhutton2cafuwho?

Smith leaves Rangers

Today Rangers Chairman David Murray announced that Walter Smith had no other choice but to leave Rangers due to "personal reasons". These next few days will be hard for himself and everyone involved in the club hard to take but insists to the Rangers fans and media the search has already started for his replacement with Craig Levein touted as the favourite, supposedly there is a former player lined up for the hardest job in Scotland , one thing for sure is , The Green Half of Glasgow is certainly optimistic going into the season as the first games draw closer and closer.

Levein says NO to Gers

Today it has been reported that Craig Levein has rejected the chance to go to Rangers , " There has been no formal approach but there is to much pressure on the managers of the Old-Firm these days and I`m planning out a fututre for Dundee United

Smith leaves Rangers

Today Rangers Chairman David Murray announced that Walter Smith had no other choice but to leave Rangers due to "personal reasons". These next few days will be hard for himself and everyone involved in the club hard to take but insists to the Rangers fans and media the search has already started for his replacement with Craig Levein touted as the favourite, supposedly there is a former player lined up for the hardest job in Scotland , one thing for sure is , The Green Half of Glasgow is certainly optimistic going into the season as the first games draw closer and closer.

Levein says NO to Gers

Today it has been reported that Craig Levein has rejected the chance to go to Rangers , " There has been no formal approach but there is to much pressure on the managers of the Old-Firm these days and I`m planning out a fututre for Dundee United

Murray admits " I may sell for the greater good"

David Murray has today admitted he may sell Rangers to any potential investors to release the club of its debts and maybe bring in a world class manager if they wuld be up for the challenge, unless he can bring in a manager himself

Sky Sports New Evening report

hi , and here is your main headline this hour , Rangers gave confirmed MARK HATELEY will take control over the club and he is said to be excited returning to Obrox where he helped Rangers win 9 in a row and enjoyed long runs in Europe , his most memorable moment last time at Rangers was in anyones opinion has to be the "Battle of Britain" 4-2 aggregate victory over the best team in England at that point Leeds United a memorable moment for Rangers fans up and down the country

We can go to ibrox right now and get the latest on the situation

Rangers press conference

David Murray "LAdies and Gentlemen I am very proud to announce the new manager of Rangers - Mr Mark Hateley"

"Just to let yous know I am playing on patch 8.0.0 and hope you enjoy this story ill give it my all icon_smile.gif"

" Mark , what are your short and long term plans for the club ?"

" Well obviously to challenge on all fronts this season and build up a squad thar are capable of playing in Europe and can easily adpat to life in Scotland "

"What is your transfer budget for this season"

"Well I dont think its my duty to tell you how "

"Mark ill have the full backing off me and the board financially and patience wise and he has a suitable ammount of money due to the delicate financial situation we are in right now and the ammmount spent by Walter"

"Mark , are Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall still going to remain in the background staff"

"Well I played here with Ally and we made a brilliant strike partnership unfortunatley I dont know Kenny but he was highly rated by Walter and thus he will stay as First Team Coach of Rangers"

"Some are saying that you may need to bring in a coach who was a former defender as you and Ally are to alike and may be good attacking but bad defensive"

"Well , only bad coached would need extra help like that"

" Sorry folks Mark has work to do and we neeed to call it a day there thank you and bye "

The camerastook one last flash each then Mark was out of sight

First things were first for Mark , look over the squad with Ally and Kenny and try and see what the best squad to pick was , where to strengthen and who to sell.

'Keepers

Allan McGregor - The 24 year old was definetley first choice at Obrix in all 3 coaches opinions

Roy Carroll - suitable backup for Allan and will definetley push him all the way for the gloves

Graeme Smith - will most likely spend his time in the reserves until he shows he is Rangers class

Defenders

Allan Hutton- will be Marks first choice right back and getting interest from clubs in England

Davie Weir - the 37 year olds days are getting numbered but is still solid at the back

Carlos Cuellar - Spanish rock at the heart of the defence

Steven Whittaker - Can be employed at RM as well as being able to play Rb and LB , most likeley be backup

Sasa Papac - Big bosnian is more comfortable Cb but played the last few games of last season Lb due to Stevie Smiths injury and will play an important role

Kirk Broadfoot - Big strong centre half can play Right back or Left back

Andy Webster - Centre half on loan from Wigan , me and Kenny havent seen him play much but Ally knows from his time as Scotland coach he shows great potential

Steven Smith - Injured for 4 months wont get a game until net March/April if he is lucky

Ugo Ehiogu - Former England international will most likely be a fringe player at the club at may help the younger players in the reserves

Defensive Midfielders

Brahim Hemdani - Player of the year last season but cant win headers or tackle to save himself

Midfielders

Barry Ferguson - heart and soul of this team , helps the team get through a bad situation and can turn a match around with a single pass

Kevin Thomson - young , Scottish , Strong , reliable are only some of the key stats in which describes the 1sy choice CM along with Bazza

Lee McCulloch - wins nearly every header he challanges for and has an attacking edge

DaMarcus Beasley - Damarcus Beasknees should be first choice down one of the flanks along with big Lee

Charlie Adam - gets alot of stick but could show potential this season and Mark has promised to stand by him

Chris Burke - same situation as Charlie Adam

Attacking Midfielders

Thomas Buffel- Injured for the first month and may not get much chances due to the system Mark , Ally and Kenny are hoping to build up but should get a chance nonetheless

Nacho Novo - Rangers legend already , can play on the wings or up front and is Rangers to the heart - rarely seen without a Rangers tracksuit and his union jack skip cap

Alan Gow - will play in the reserves until he can show he is upto Rangers standards

Strikers

Kris Boyd- Boydinho is a natural born goal scorer and will feature frequently

Jean-Claude Darcheville - Frenchman has pace to burn and will be key to a 4-5-1 formation if thats the way Rangers go in Europe

Daniel Cousin - Gabon international could be a good player for the club if he can adapt to Scotland

Steven Naismith - youngster was supposedly wanted by Arsenal and we beat Celtic to his signature will feature in some games this season and is a Blue Nose through and through

The backroom staff have decided that a defensive mid is needed and maybe a better 3rd choice keeper , but will let more youngsters from last years u19s double winnmers train with the squad and prove themselves to Mark and Ally.

Daily Record

Christian for Gers ?

Rangers have declared interest in West Hams versatile player Christian Dailly and have made an enquiry for the Scotland international , he would beefen up Rangers defence and Midfield but if he would go remains to be unseen !

Champions Cup 2nd and 3rd qualifying round draw

Rangers will play Domzale in the 2nd round of that and the winners will play the winners between Zeta and HB and Mark Hatley is satisfied with the draw and says " We are already there as long as we play football and dont get complacent because we need Champions league football this year and the money that comes with it "

Friendly Match - Rangers v Chelsea -7th July K.O 3pm

Rangers played some great football today , the passing was short and they werent to ambitous , they just stuck to the task Mark set them and they responded with a kind gesture to grab a goal right before half-time courtesy of Bary Ferguson. The second half Chelsea werent as calm as they were in the first half , whatever Jose said at half time must have really got into the players heads and Drigba scored on the 50th minute. Both sets of fans really enjoyed the game and a draw seemed a fair result until Nacho Novo came on during a dominant spell from Chelsea and managed to pick the ball up from his own half and take it past Ben Haim , Terry before curving a beautiful shot into the top corner to send the Rangers fans into raptures.

When the whistle went both sets of fans enjoyed a 5 minute 'Bouncy' before Mark Hateley dissapeared down the tunnel with a smile from ear to ear.

Rangers team and Ratings :-

Mcgregor 8 , Hutton 8 , Weir , 7 , Cuellar 9 mom , Papac 7 , Beasley 7 , ferguson 8 , Thomson , 7 , McCulloch 8 , Darcheville 6 , Boyd 8 - subs used Adam 6 , Novo 7 , Broadfoot 6 , Whittaker 7 , Cousin 7

The way the team played showed the ammount of character the team had and gave a clear indication of which positions needed strengthened for definate

Dailly signs

Rangers have announced the signing of Socttish defensive midfielder Christian Dailly

" I`m so proud to be at this club and I`m here for the rest of my career and I hope Ill break into the first team in the not to far future "

The agreed fee between the clubs was 750k and the first signing of ther Hateley Era.

Hateley admits " I`d love to have SWP "

Today Mark Hateley has admitted to enquiring about a proposed loan deal between Chelsea and Rangers for Shaun Wright-Phillips , but the deal will probably not go through as Shaun is just days after saying hed push for first team place rather than move.

Also linked with Rangers was Cardiffs Robbie Fowler , the former England internationalist was linked with apre contract move to Rangers in may but the proposed deal never went through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by alanhutton2cafuwho? posted 15 April 2008 18:37 Show Post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from Christian Dailly to Shaun Wright Phillips

sounds like Murray's talkin **** again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">beefen up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> former England internationalist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great stuff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">good attacking but bad defensive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and no question marks in the interview?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and Drigba </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh YEAH

be a little more careful friend, no one likes reading mistakes icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">milanfan_apoorv

Amateur

Registered: 27 August 2007 Posted 19 April 2008 10:57 Hateley played for Milan under Liedholm which was his greatest good fortune. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he played for rangers and helped them to 9-in a row as well

Archived